Accord 119 2011Eau de Parfum

Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron
Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Caron for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Cattleya Finance. Pronunciation

Richard Fraysse

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant bud, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackberry, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.10.2020.

The summer of 1977...
Accord 119! Thanks to Daisy, who left these and other bottlings to me, I was able to take a trip into the past again.
I don't know if ladies smell like that. All that matters to me are the images that rise up inside me when I smell a perfume. Accord 119 smells noble, of times past and of things hidden. Something eludes me, lies beneath the surface and does not want to be discovered completely It was 1977, when I spent the summer with my grandmother in the Hunsrück. After two weeks of looking after a five-year-old neighbor's child (so boring for a twelve-year-old), I finally made contact with a girl of the same age who was also on vacation with her grandmother.
Unobserved and free, as it was then, we experienced a lot of adventures in the area and filled our bellies with blackberries at the nearby tennis court. These grew all around the court - huge hedges with heaps of berries. We carried them home in buckets so that our grandmothers could make jam from them. And it's exactly this place that Accord 119 reminds me of, I can smell the sweet blackberries and the green leaves and white flowers that grew there. But underneath, well concealed, I can hear something earthy and woody that reminds me of the nearby forest that started right next to the tennis court and on the paths of which we could even see the deer that walked through the alternation of light and shadow in the evening.
Accord is not an exuberant olfactory firework. It has something of British reserve without, however, taking a back seat too much.
I am grateful that I could try this beautiful fragrance and maybe I will bring it back from a trip sometime..

A Strange Accord
Though Ernest Daltroff started Parfums Caron in 1904, the house continues to produce lovely scents, as attested to by this floral/gourmand creation. The website says Accord 119 also has Bulgarian Rose and I do smell it. If I were being picky I'd say the currant blossom and the blackberry turn this beauty a tad strange (which didn't prevent me from buying it). Strange is good sometimes. After my Caron sniff-fest from samples last year, I concluded I'll never encounter a Caron I don't like, if not adore. I've since heard the French Carons are more glorious than the U.S. ones and I can't wait to test this premise, either on my next trip to Paris or by buying a bottle direct from France. Beneath all the Carons I think I detect a signature powder -- a note that makes them smell like themselves. The jam and florals on top of this one make for an oddly captivating scent. Think the breakfast table, fresh black currant and blackberry jams, black pepper being ground onto poached eggs, powdered sugar topping vanilla pancakes, a jar of fresh flowers. I didn't expect to find this in a perfume, but it works. Besides Bellodgia and En Avion, this was the Caron I liked best. Also Nocturnes, and...you get the picture.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Starting spectacular: berry and dusty-delicate with a hint of earthy patchouli. Later in sweetish amber gaining more ground.

by Turandot
by Marta
by Ammerl
by Ammerl

Popular Caron

Tabac Blond (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pois de Senteur / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Farnesiana (1947) by Caron