L'Eau Réglisse Eau de Réglisse 2006

L'Eau Réglisse / Eau de Réglisse by Caron
L'Eau Réglisse is a popular perfume by Caron for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Alès Groupe. Pronunciation

Richard Fraysse

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil Mandarin orangeMandarin orange NutmegNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesGingerGinger Glycyrrhiza glabraGlycyrrhiza glabra
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Lotus, last update on 27.04.2021.

In 2006 the scent was released as a limited edition first. In 2004 it was re-released with an altered design and name as part of the cologne range "Les Eaux".

Licorice Fougere
It’s very interesting, well-balanced Licorice Fougere with sunny citrus of Dior Eau Sauvage/Diorella, followed by lavender, gentle touch of vanilla, spicy herbs, galbanum, musk and oak-moss. Perfect for a long relaxing weekend.

Smellavision
A cup of herbal liquorice tea, anyone ?
This one opens like a typical cologne with a bright lemon verbena, which is quickly joined by anise or liquorice. Actually the very sharp lemon verbena reminds me quite a lot of "Escale a Portofino" by Dior, but with liquorice hiding slightly below it and slowly peeking through as time passes, joined by teasing hints of coffee as well. A little later the licorice is also joined by a fresh ginger accord, that only sits around for about half an hour before it dries down to a sweet milky and musky woody base, with patchouli and vanilla as the main players.

Straight up this is not a semi-gourmand licorice scent like Body Kouros or Lempicka au Masculin, as it only turns sweet in the drydown, but actually there are some similarities to the drydown of Body Kouros after 3-4 hours. A bright, sharp and clean fragrance and quite minimalistic, even if it's not linear as such. Very unisex indeed.

Projection and longevity are unfortunately on the duller side, projecting for a good hour, but as it passes into the drydown it turns into a skinscent. I would find this to be mostly suitable for a warmer summer day.

Licorice&fresh herbs
What a pleasant surprise! On application, it smelled a bit cologney but the drydown is delightful. Luckily, the drydown is very linear. Fresh licorice complimented by lemony greenness of verbena and a hint of ginger. Patchouli and basil are very soft-spoken. They just emphasise the deliciousness.

I am a great fan of licorice and would warmly recommend this one to those who like Lolita Lempicka but find it a bit too heavy. Or people who want to smell really lovely but not like everyone else.

I was impressed by the longevity, the edt lasts about 5h on skin, much longer on clothes. The projection is perfect: noticeable but not overpowering.

I had a 2ml sample and I think I need a bottle for next summer. Or actually, this one makes me smile even in the middle of the gray&dull winter days so I think I need a bottle soon!

Lemony Licorice!
Like many Caron perfumes this goes through various phases, which I like in particular. The one thing I can't figure out is where the smokiness is coming from! I would guess from the licorice, but, on my skin its faint but there and adds quite a lot of depth in the drydown.

I really love the rush of freshness with the lemon verbana in the beginning, and the drydown is where I get the the licorice the very faint smokiness, and the spices. This is like 2 perfumes in one!

I don't find this to be ordinary at all, and really very unusual for a Caron in particular! This to me is a 3 season scent. Maybe even 4 to add a ray of sunshine to the winter doldrums.

This is also quite unisex. Guys could wear this without issue.

Sillage is low after the initial hour or so, but everything can't be a sillage monster right? Longevity however, is really amazing for an EDT...8+ hours.

Lemony Herbal Cologne--Light on the Licorice
I recently tested Hermès Hermessence BRIN DE REGLISSE, next to which Caron EAU DE REGLISSE seems *very* light on the licorice. This composition reminds me much more of the Lolita Lempicka limited edition EAU DU DESIR. I know, I know, obscurum per obscurius...

So what's it all about? A very lemony herbal cologne with a underlying light layer of licorice in an oriental base which becomes sweeter in the drydown--must be the vanilla, though this does not smell very vanilla-y, in the end. EAU DE REGLISSE is definitely more sweet than EAU DU DESIR, which is a super-refreshing herbal-lemon cologne.

I like EAU DE REGLISSE, but for what it is, I do think that EAU DU DESIR is quite a bit better, and if I were looking for all black licorice almost all of the time (with a touch of lavender...) I'd go for BRIN DE REGLISSE.

Sonnig optimistische Lakritze
by Coriolon
by Coriolon

Popular by Caron

Tabac Blond (1919) (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Parfum) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pois de Senteur (1927) / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron Or et Noir (1949) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Bellodgia (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron