Narcisse BlancLe Narcisse Blanc (1923)

Version from 1923
Narcisse Blanc (1923) / Le Narcisse Blanc by Caron
Bottle Design Félicie Vanpouille

Narcisse Blanc (1923) is a popular perfume by Caron for women and was released in 1923. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Ernest Daltroff

Amber, Iris, Jasmine, Linden blossom, Musk, Neroli, Orange, Orange blossom, Petitgrain, Rose

Submitted by Joe, last update on 19.12.2018.

Pinnacle of Refinement
I was lucky enough to sample this in the Parfum concentration on skin at the Caron Boutique on Rue Francoise today. At first, amidst all the louder parfums, Narcisse Blanc was lost. Throughout the day, though, it bloomed and showed the same incredible longevity of its nighttime sister, Narcisse Noir. Ten hours later, it has outlived all the other Carobs and is going strong. Honestly, although I do enjoy N. Noir in various vintages and concentrations, it is a very particular scent and not always an easy wear. There is a certain overripe fruit that borders on "skank"- I believe this is the quality most others adore. I feel that N. Blanc has less of this quality and hence a more balanced composition. The jasmine is less indolic and the orange blossom, while still tenacious, is polite. The orange note persists throughout, but it is gingerly bolstered by the Rose and bass notes.

I was sad to hear from the SA that this is not a very popular fragrance, and to read rumors that it may be discontinued. Truly elegant, and very wearable. My only problem now is how to get back to the boutique to buy some!

Spectabulous
Caron Narcisse Blanc Parfum Extrait reminds me of another Caron I have tried, either Aimez Moi or Montaigne. Far too classy for every day wear, I selected this fragrance to wear to my vintage hunting shopping trip today.

My nose is able to tolerate the sweet orange, which is level from start to finish but never sharp or overdone. There is an oily layer which provides a top coat to the florals that follow. A soft whisper of Jasmine gives a classic feel. This fragrance is simple and down to earth yet aloof and mesmerizing. The Amber listed must be minor as I do not detect any vanilla, but there does seem to be a background of velvet, something smooth that I am too inexperienced to describe. Being exposed to a quality fragrance such as this for me is quite a joy because I tend to buy based on notes and I buy mainly woods.

Less is more here as the minimal notes listed have created a stunning beauty that is only fit to wear on special occasions that requires dress to impress attire. This one must be reserved for Black Tie ceremonies and celebrations. Wear this when you need something spectacular and fabulous at the same time..it's simply spectabulous!

Thank you Flacounner for the January giveaway. I love being exposed to tolerable citrus and non-woodsy fragrances that I would have never tried otherwise.

by DemonHead
by DemonHead

Popular Caron

Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (1960) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yuzu Man by Caron Royal Bain de Caron / Royal Bain de Champagne by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleur de Rocaille by Caron Aimez-Moi (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleurs de Rocaille (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Lady Caron (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron