Narcisse Noir Eau de Toilette

Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Caron
Bottle Design Félicie Bergaud
Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Caron for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-animal. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Ernest Daltroff

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Petitgrain, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Narcissus, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesCivet, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.12.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Narcisse Noir (1911) / Le Narcisse Noir (Extrait) by Caron, which differs in concentration.

Isolani
...a silk flower from Taiwan...
Like when
the air
liquefied,
from the sun
Gold
would have become
and the imagined thoughts
like screens
in the middle of the room
would stand,

And what do you care
so since the flowers,
let them bloom,
where they want to be;
is it then your business ?

What if the cows
all of them, grind them all off:

- Stork bill,

It would be
their
Ruminants.
So and ?
Not yours No thanks as a gift,
that makes it nice among you
off.

to go over there
on the street corner
your hits to the best
give,
in front of the always same ones
Listening.

Bidding test:
the best
from the seventies,
the eighties
and of today.

They're expecting you,
from avocado light wood boxes
from all parts
in fidelity,
we always cry
to the same
Digits;
and you give it your all to keep it that way.

Even you:
you're still crying At the same places !
Doesn't that ever stop ?
And, frankly:

You used to be br /> afterwards gladly
gone with someone,

Today make you /br /> such advances already embarrassed,
if somebody
a silk flower
from Taiwan
would like to give as a present,
( from requests like:
"may I give you 'mal
in peace and quiet
new guitar strings
wind up ?"
not to mention )
and you clear your throat -
exactly: the throat chakra ! -
strike you
over the right cheek
and you say, already
leaving:
"I can't today i am expected",
and everybody knows,

covered.
All from this year,
the collecting began,
than was apparent,
that there are special times
would be.

When it became clear,
that it's so
cannot go any further,
when you were
again and again
for help.
Than in front of your house,
as they say today:
"the people"
stood,
that needed to be "taken"
and chants
with always the same
Statement
up to you:

"Heart is trumps".

And you stepped to the window,
waving benevolently
and threw mild gifts
into the quantity,
what in your household
seemed dispensable.

Oh,
you can be so selfless.

___________________________________

A not at all selfless perfume,
but one,

filling in
and velvet dark,
big as a gothic arch
and comforting
like the sound of an organ
in the darkened ether,
into which the diffuse light
from outside.

The heat
flows into the cool rooms,
she exchanges
the peace that has become
on

to
us
tun.

AromaX
The slow thickening of sunlight
Narcisse Noir creates an illusion of a non-existent flower which is quite convincing. The dry green bitterness with oil-paint like nuance evokes the image of narcissus. And the animalic darkness of civet in the base does paint it black. Although reading about this fragrance makes me to think that the original version of this perfume was much heavier on civet than its modern interpretations. But to me Narcisse Noir is mostly about the orange blossom. It represents an interesting aspect of the orange flower which I perceive as a slow thickening of sunlight during a sunset. The color changes from a warm orange glow to a dark orange and almost brown before it falls into the darkness. Warm, sultry, heady and definitely fatal.

Improved in Storage
My Narcisse Noir is an eau de toilette, in the current bun topped bottle, and came in a black box with gold spots. It is one of the last produced in that bottle so from somewhere around 2012 give or take a couple of years.

When I first had this perfume it was soap and narcissus all the way; over-poweringly soapy, thick, harsh narcissus, linear, and it sucker punched with its strength; hence I have nearly a full bottle remaining.

Nothing was calling me today but this was at the front of the shelf from where, yesterday, I had pulled everything out looking for Beautiful, so I gave it a go.

It has changed significantly. Gone is the harsh, up-front and brutal narcissus, gone is the bucket of choking raw soap; I was instead greated with a very rich ambery orange blossom, just a touch soapy, a little bit of lemon. It developed some gentle sweet musky notes, a little touch of pepper, a hint of smoke, just a little narcissus, some sweetness I can't put my finger on but maybe peru balsam is a good descriptor, occasionally wafting a dry green note.

A couple of hours later I was left with a creamy sweet wood with a touch of mandarin and a wee bit of animalic musk.

I guess that means my bottle has 'gone off' but it smells wonderful and works so much better for me compared to when I first bought it and indeed the pyramid of notes much better represents it now whereas before there was no match.

Soapy with a captial S
This is for the EDT:

After reading other reviews, I think I have the reformulated version.

It started out with a punch of very sharp and SUPER soapy Jasmine and I think orange blossom. There was a hint of incense but overall a very sharp white floral opening. Not pleasant, kinda generic.

After the warm up, the Narcissus/Daffodil stepped forward. The scent wasn't razor sharp anymore and became Lovely. It was still pretty soapy.

I never really got much of the musk, sandalwood, or vetiver. Maybe the barest hint of sandalwood.

Edit: I have really learned to love the heart of this, something about it reminds me of the heart/drydown of CoCo mademoiselle. That's a good thing. I think it's the balance of the Jasmine, Orange blossom and Rose that make them both sing.
The opening is still WAY too soapy for me. Some describe it as powdery but I don't get that.

Dec
2014

Musky Singed Velvety Flowers
My bottle of Caron's NARCISSE NOIR is clearly the reformulation--I bought it at parfum1.com (plus my cat, a fully certified civet detector, does not follow me around when I wear it...). But I go against the grain in liking the reformulation, what to me is a deep, dark, somewhat intense perfume which I can really sink my nose into.

The opening feels like singed flowers--I am assuming that this is the effect of the neroli on the narcissus ('neroli' contains 'noir', after all...). From there, NARCISSE NOIR seems to me like a chypre, not a "sweet and fresh" floral fruity perfume!

In fact, there is no point in my experience of NARCISSE NOIR where I can agree with the aptness of either adjective. Neither fresh, nor sweet, NARCISSE NOIR is dark and deep. The orange comes in the form of dried, not candied, peel and imparts more of an oriental than a citrus quality.

The singed flowers mingle with vetiver, thick musk, and a touch of sandalwood in the drydown, with excellent longevity in the edt--a good thing, unless one happened to be hoping for something, sweet, fresh, and fruity, as opposed to musky singed velvety flowers.

by Oberloser
by Chanelle
by Merlina
by Merlina

Popular Caron

Tabac Blond (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) by Caron En Avion (Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron N'Aimez que Moi (Parfum) by Caron Pois de Senteur / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron