Parfum Sacré 1990Eau de Parfum

Version from 1990
Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron
Bottle Design Félicie Bergaud
Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Caron for women and was released in 1990. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Cardamom, Coriander, Pepper, Cinnamon, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Mimosa, Orange blossom, Brazilian rosewood, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Myrrh, Vanilla, Cedar, Civet

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.10.2020.

How can anything...
...that smells like cow shit in the beginning develop so positively that it robs you of your senses?!
Nah really...if you spray Sacrè on your wrist (or anywhere else ;-)) a rapturous "oohh sacre bleu" escapes from your lips and in the same second it turns into a "uuughh sacre BLEU! But if there is one thing I have learned over the years...it is the scent, which at the beginning smells so disgustingly like a cowshed (I strongly suspect that it is the civet's fault...civet and amber), develops incredibly well on my skin, if you are patient.
With me it takes about a quarter of an hour...but then I am rewarded with a scent that I have never smelled like this before. Sacre is above all spicy, which is not surprising since my whole spice cabinet is in this fragrance...pepper, coriander, cinnamon and above all clove...and it stays spicy until the end. It is also sweet. But not this squeaky sweet what you get served nowadays, but this cuddly sweet...when Muddi spreads his arms and consoles you. Sacrè is the kind of perfume that is room filling but not obtrusive ...dominating but still soft. A fragrance that definitely fits into the autumn/winter and accompanies you like a scarf through the colder season...

Thanks "sacrè" Can for bottling ;-)

Pretty
Opening smells like soft leather with cinnamon, but I believe I am really sniffing some musk and spices.

After the initial opening it turns to powder, leather and violets on me. The rose or pepper notes are hidden, but I suspect they are just well blended into the fragrance.

Four hours into this scent and I smell like dusty violets. It is nice, pleasant and safe, but I do not think I will replace my 2 ml sample. This is my second wearing.

The sillage is soft to moderate. The longevity is just okay at six hours or so then it is a skin scent. It did last longer, but close to skin and there 10 hours and still going strong.
The fight of the smile
When in November the colourful autumn foliage has long since lost its variety of colours, only discoloured brown and wet the grey of the mist the base mimics, then I am embraced by an inner cold which I could gladly do without. Every morning the bed robs my head of the will to send my feet out into life. I don't want to see the wet horror. Fortunately, my base has already developed a life of its own and does not always follow the authorities. Lead-heavy my bare fins pull furrows on the way to the bathroom. The neck seems infinitely long, as if my head never left the pillow.
So I shuffle into the shower, turn on the cold water tap almost apathetically and wake up my unwilling spirit rudely, with cold watering. He's scared to death and lets the water stop. Half awake, cooled down and wet I am now an equal opponent to the outside, think, no I hope for a moment. My arms pull up the roller blind and already at half height my eyes recognize the darkness, realize the naivety of the spirit, the unfulfilled hope for a, if not strong, at least defiant reaction of my psyche to this colorless tragedy. But both strength and defiance are not there for the time being. But just giving up like that doesn't work either, there's a breath too much life in me long ago.
So I meet the morning, repeating abstinence from colour with a good sip of fatalism. Oh, look, it's horrible, how beautiful. A smile is difficult, only wants to succeed in the brief moment when the spirit of manipulation is already conscious, but the facial muscles have not yet gained knowledge of the stimulus that has so devastatingly struck the eyes, and is therefore helplessly confronted with fatalism, even literally taken by surprise. Look at me, a smile winking at my reflection. Only briefly, then the fake signal subsides, the cheeks greet gravity, so I have to do the rest of my morning toilet without a cheerful expression on my face. It's easier with music, so I turn on the radio. Not without taking a quick look at the watch. The weather forecast would now be counterproductive.
After a successful external renovation, my body tension must be switched from the cold, blue-grey area to the operating mode. An intensive green is the declared goal. The desired coordination of arms and legs starts rough. As if synchronisation were a foreign word, my extremities perform a dance that is equivalent to a demand for the freedom of each individual body cell. "At the same time," my control organ interferes and "rhythmically." Thanks to a trace of coffee aroma the concentration increases and with it the influence on my control grows. The movements are now almost orderly, the facial muscles recognize the work of the colleagues with a smile. So motivated my condition shimmers towards a pale mint. A short relaxation phase is followed by the final attempt at a happy, albeit inappropriate "good morning, my pretty one".
Sufficiently trained, I succeed in transferring into the desired mode. Body and mind now draw circles together. Nonchalantly I disregard known and long accepted small inconsistencies. They know each other. It goes out resolutely, the wet grey penetrates me only conditionally. The cool, clean air flows deep into my chest and exhales condensed, tender evidence of my energy. I look forward to the tasks of the day. Not everybody does. Numerous conspecifics who seem to lack light and warmth testify to this with a cramped, forward bent gait. Armed with coat, cap, scarf, almost uniform, they scurry past me. With a smile I try to warm the hypothermic. But suddenly a ray comes back. As if the sun penetrates the mist, unites atomic nuclei directly in my inner being and thus revolutionizes my perception. The cold has burned down, the grey has shifted in colour. I feel Caron.

Spicey Rose and Orange Blossom
Parfum Sacre on me has notes of Cardamom, Orange Blossom, and Rose dominating along with a powerful balsamic sweetness (it reminds me of Friar's Balsam - what a lovely smell).

As the bright top dies away, It develops some gentle wood notes, a powdery musk, becomes softly resinous and spicey.

When I tried Francis Kurkdjian's Cologne pour le Soir I was struck by its similarity to Parfum Sacre. Parfum Sacre works better on my skin as it is spicier and developes more whereas the Cologne pour le Soir smells soapy and although lovely to start becomes more and more artificial smelling during the wear.

Parfum Sacre is what I call a 'winter wooly perfume', that is one that really shines when worn under a pure wool jumper, the perfume mixing well with the scent of warm wool and the fabric catching and holding onto the more delicate notes.

My version of Parfum Sacre is in the purple box with gold spots, and the bottle is the current bun topped version just prior to the change over to the urn shaped bottle).

No title?
Smooth indeed. This is a very physical perfume, which is maybe in contrast with its name. The myrhh with cardamom, pepper and cynnamon make Parfum Sacré voluptuous, woody and almost spicy.
A warm body scent, like a temple for "matter" an sich.

Which religion?
PARFUM SACRÉ is an outstanding fragrance, with a very spicy and heavy, sweet top. Clove is absolutely detectable. It fits for a well-born lady, who can wear it in a soiree. First I compared it to OPIUM, but it is more difficult, complex scent, even more than POISON, my second association.

It developes to be more powdery and dry, I was able to identify the heart as the real period where the name came from. I believe that I am not alone with thinking something Christian when reading the word "sacré". Fatal error. Greek bacchanalia, or a Roman pray to Dionysos is more appropriate.

After 2 hours PARFUM SACRÉ reaches the depths of the wild party. Heavy, sneaking flowers (mainly jasmine) are melting with amber, myrrh, and still remaining clove.

To sum it up, I think, PARFUM SACRÉ is a true lady, who goes to a party, drinks lot, and leaves the place "for an unknown location" with a handsome man.

Many thanks for the sample to Dlane! :-)

CLOVES!
I'm unsure about that big blast of clove that comes out. I have only worn my 50ml bottle once because of it. Will have to try again because these reviews are quite favorable towards it.

Awesomeness
A must try secular scent
Parfum Sacre is a sacred perfume? Not the new version! Parfum Sacre is profane, plain & simple. I've tried the Parfum Sacre in the purple box & the purple cylindrical bottle (30 ml) that everyone is in such a fuss about. Let me just say that the new Parfum Sacre is SKANK-O-LIOUS. Not quite Boudior, Tabu, and Agent territory, but it's close enough. The new Parfum Sacre is a dirty, dark, dusty rose perfume designed for today's market.

Definitely opens with something animalistic, a purring kitty, perhaps? A tad soapy, a tad powdery. An old dusty & dried rose that's appropriate for the bedroom, reminding me of lipstick, grandma's dusting powder, and a sachet kept in my undies' drawer. Something really deep & dark like incense. Plus, there are some barely-there spices thrown in on top to remind you it's really an oriental with a history. Regardless, Parfum Sacre is a naughty scent.

Is an accident that the word Sacre is considered a French-Canadian profanity? I don't think so. If name of the new formulation of Parfum Sacre is in fact a double-entendre, then Caron has succeeded. :))

Kühler Morgen am Fluss
by Arlufkin
by Ridicule
by Ridicule

Popular Caron

Tabac Blond (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pois de Senteur / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Farnesiana (1947) by Caron