Pour Un Homme de Caron 1934 Eau de Toilette

Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron
Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Caron for men and was released in 1934. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Cattleya Finance. Pronunciation

Ernest Daltroff

Lavender absoluteLavender absolute LavenderLavender VanillaVanilla MuskMusk AmberAmber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.05.2022.

DioNeverDie
1934, the year caron and I were born together!
This anthological perfume appeared in the year of my birth, more precisely 1934. Hello dear children, I am 88 years old and I have been a lover of perfumes for more than 60 years. My first perfume was Caron Pour un Homme in 1954. I can't describe how many emotions this wonderful creation tries me, the years of my youth, lavender is absolutely impeccable!

Classic for almost 90yrs
This goes back my friends, way back to 1934. Not a powerhouse. Just a nice simple lavender based fragrance to enlighten the body and mind. An aromatic fragrance that lays on the skin ever so gently. I think it's one of the best lavender fragrances in my entire collection. Created in 1934 this fragrance continues to seduce. Perfectly emblematic and timeless, the first-ever fragrance for men is still considered a masterpiece of modern perfumery. This fragrance goes on Sharp and then quickly softens, then the dry down remains fairly linear throughout to finish according to my nose. It is soft, seductive, pleasing, memorable, and just enjoyable. Lavender and musk tilts descent toward masculine longevity is around 5 hours of detectable sent with a soft scent Trail for about an hour. If you're tired of chasing wind on the fragrance treadmill. Assert your individuality by stepping off, go back to the classics, and stand apart from the rest.
Knechtobald
Bond in a tuxedo in Provence on the lavender field
I am a fan of the Zino and Barbershop as well as Guerlain Heritage, etc.

In the Souk I have struck at another fragrance and the nice colleague, thank you @Thilo96, has me, after we came into the conversation, a sample of Caron attached.
After he was there I sprayed him greedily on and was not disappointed. Thilo had not promised too much, a herbaceous lavender scent mixed with soft vanilla flew on my neck. Absolutely also recommended as Bed scent.

Despite the vanilla sweetness absolute gentleman scent, which is classic and timeless. Should probably also be Tom Ford's signature fragrance, not without reason.
For me, he is what very special, classic and yet not stale, as I like it. Directly found a whole bottle then of course to me and now complements the collection.

Durability is ok, am now hooked and looking for the Millesime 2014 Edition, which is supposed to be super long-lasting, all in all, nevertheless, also such a mega fragrance.
Unique
Caron pour un Homme is one of my signature fragrances, in all three variants Eau de Toilette, Parfum and SPORT.
A fresh lavender note literally melds with exotic, warm vanilla, and in this combination, it is the only perfume that turns rather classic women's fragrance notes into a seductive masculine men's scent.

Absolutely new at the time, by the way, was the use of a chemically obtained extract of the tonka bean, which has only in recent years again increasingly used.
The epitome of noblesse
Pour Un Homme de Caron has enchanted me and convinced me of the concept of a completely balanced perfume! The fragrance occurs decidedly noble and extravagant, without being intrusive or extreme. Just that is known to make a real classic, which convinces here par excellence.

For a fantastic moment, the pure, garden-fresh lavender blooms with overwhelming power, to then take the heart of the fragrance. After just a few seconds, the lavender loses its pungency and is subdued by a sweet, powdery vanilla. However, its nuances keep standing out from the dry sugar dust, even if the lavender is almost displaced for me. Finally, with perfect discretion, sensual musk enters. It's a bit reminiscent of candle wax and brings in a minimal-animalic note. The fragrance remains discreet and yet has gravitas.
Phenomenal is then the finish! The dried lavender results with the warm musk and the powdery vanilla an accord that is beguiling, highly elegant and attractive.

Since I have not yet sufficiently dealt with lavender fragrances, I would like to allow me in this regard yet no judgment; however, I think that hardly a perfume succeeds in such a perfect symbiosis, as Pour Un Homme de Caron.
Raffatja
Pour un homme... mais pas seulement!
The lavender classic by Caron, what more could I write about this that hasn't already been written a hundred times... For me, this fragrance means warmth, calm, security. Is Pour un homme de Caron a highly complex web of different facets? No, it's not. Does it take you on a journey through the Grasser Alley of good smells? Not that either. This fragrance is different. How different? Let me explain it this way:

The fragrance

Slightly amber lavender sweetened with vanilla. There is basically nothing more to say about this. The lavender starts strong, authentic and spicy, a sensual experience for all who love lavender. Less so, presumably, for those who dislike the herb or find it "old" and "musty". Such olfactory gourmands should probably give Pour un homme a wide berth. But who loves lavender and except a sensual warm, wrapped in a wonderful vanilla note nothing else wants and expects, which gets here for a small thaler a simple, yet sensational fragrance.

Rating: 8/10

Its features:

Lavender is the star of this show, hands down. Initially overly clear and dominant, it becomes more and more enveloped in the course of the fragrance by the velvety soft vanilla, as if in a warm blanket. This scent then lasts for a few hours, depending on the skin chemistry. In the end, the scent becomes more like a spicy bourbon candy. The longevity is moderate, perfectly fine, but not a long-lasting hit. Projection and sillage are rather restrained, almost a little disappointing.

Rating: 6.5/10

Price and prestige

I can keep this one short, the scent is simple but elegant. Noble restrained and yet full-bodied. Only the "big name" is missing here fortunately, for those who give a wet sweep around such things perhaps a minus point. For me, however, not at all. The price is simply sensational, I bought my 200ml bottle online for a good 50 euros. Fantastic.

Rating: 9.5/10

For whom is the fragrance suitable?

Lavender and vanilla, what can I say great. Unisex? Definitely. Classic masculine? But hello, everything goes, nothing must. Personally, while I most associate this scent with the well-groomed middle-aged to advanced gentleman, I can also imagine it on fun-loving, confident ladies. Teenagers and Twens, look around you perhaps rather elsewhere, because for young, the zeitgeist affectionate noses may well sniff the whole thing too "oldschoolig".

Conclusion

I love this fragrance. Rather unobtrusive and with quiet verve, the sweet lavender gives me a soothing, finely chiseled feeling of warmth and neat understatement. A fragrance primarily for the wearer himself, not so much for those he (she/div) encounters. Longevity and projection are average at best, but for the price you can re-spray virtually anytime without hesitation... if you want to. For me, a no-brainer!

Result: 8/10

Salve!
DonCologne
"You're not going to join the builders like that, are you?!"
It was late summer and I was planning a long visit to my parents. Since I often get itchy fingers when it comes to men's classics - much to the displeasure of my wallet - "Pour Un Homme de Caron" was ordered by me directly to my parents' house, so that the anticipation of arrival was doubly great for me. How a classic from the 30s, which is still today ver- and especially bought, would probably smell?!

On arrival there were just builders / craftsmen on the property of my parents busy. It was also immediately said that outside possibly some help would be needed in carrying heavy clinker bricks. As a "pattern son" ; ) I of course offered my help, which was gratefully accepted. So quickly old clothes on and yes...why not even try a few splashes of the new Caron, so that the work is not too bland (I hope in this forum, one is not smiled at for such idiosyncrasies, in contrast to my other environment ;) ) ).

I was just about to head out the door when my mother called after me, "You're not going to join the builders like that are you? Awfully cute...they'll think you're from the other side of the river and want to sweet talk them!" Hach jaa...how I love my mother for her extremely discerning comments on some of my scents. ; )
Nevertheless, we are now also immediately at my core problem with the fragrance: the strong vanilla!

The fragrance: Is kept very puristic for my liking. There would be namely lavender and vanilla. If it were a Tom Ford, it would probably be called "Lavender Vanilla". The lavender here at Caron really beautifully authentic held. Just the other day I came out of an apartment and thought someone was wearing Caron PUHDC, yet it was just some lavender plants in the sun right next to the front door. The vanilla could be a bit darker and drier for me, but comes off more yellowish, lovely. The scent progression is such that after the initial lavender explosion, the vanilla quickly comes into play. If the scent stopped after 10 minutes, the balance would be perfect for me. But the vanilla just overtakes the lavender over time and takes over too much for me. Although of course a certain lavender base note remains throughout, it eventually becomes too sweet for me. So again what learned: even old men's classics can be quite sweet ; )

Although I have a heart for fragrances with stock, or since I'm always very curious, the bottle finally had to move on. I hope he and the new owner will be better friends.
Timeless, great performances!
Like a loving old married couple, the two of them sat contentedly and relaxedly on the bench after their great performance and watched the fading day. The first stars still twinkled faintly, many stories were told and both snuggled up close to each other to give the emerging, slight chill of the evening no point of attack to drive away the fine, sweet-tart aroma of the outgoing day.

As she often did, she liked to indulge her own memories. What had she not experienced in the past. Born in distant lands and as an Orchidée of noble blood, fate did not always mean well with her. She was highly traded, fell low, was often imitated and pressed into connections that did her little credit. But here in the perfume Pour Un Homme de Caron she, the vanilla, had finally arrived. This fragrance was now for a long time her home and here she could show again and again, what was in her.

This was not only due to the simple, distinguished elegance and harmony of all involved in the bottle, but first and foremost due to her so wonderful partner! The vanilla, itself a flowery, balsamic-dark beauty of tart-sweet elegance, which, lushly spreading its fragrance, likes to direct itself dominantly, was put with the lavender a masculine partner to the side. And this is no longer a youth but a seasoned personality of spicy, somewhat bulky opulence and yet unbridled, hot-tempered and loving the strong appearance. Both liked and complemented each other grandly from the beginning.

Their performances together always follow the same pattern. The lavender, impetuous and spacey gesticulating, draws all attention to itself and is the unrestricted center of attention. The herbaceous-floral freshness is very striking, intensely spicy and comes over us like a small hurricane. After about half an hour, this storm subsides and turns into tart-sweet, slightly floral, spicy winds. On top of that, the first warm, vanillic aromas can be heard, because the vanilla has firmly attached itself to its partner and has a moderating effect on lavender with soothing words. The lesser scents that roam around and are relatively unimpressed by the goings-on also act soothingly by their mere presence. As it progresses, musk and amber begin to helpfully support the, by now somewhat worn out and weakening, lavender.

Thus begins the high time of vanilla! Freed from the commandment to Lavender directly to the side, she begins to turn and her gliding, prancing steps around her masculine partner enchant everyone. The sensual atmosphere is filled with a dark, powerful aroma with little dry sweetness and spicy hints. In addition, our star swirls more and more vanilla powder with every pirouette, while at the same time lavender now and then, but especially musk and amber, take a turn together with her. A warm, harmonious feeling spreads, the dance of vanilla becomes calmer and turns into a gentle walk until it finally hooks up with lavender again, elated and cheerful with a satisfied smile. The air, scented with woodsy, spicy vanilla, spreads its fragrance in the most pleasant way. Together, dragging the fine sweet-tart aroma of their performance behind them, they both seek out their bench again after a good 6 hours to get in the mood for more of their timeless, great performances.

For almost 90 years, this unique, harmonious combination of fragrance notes in Pour Un Homme de Caron. This perfume, like Tabac Blond, is a true masterpiece by perfumer Ernest Daltroff, founder of Parfums Caron in 1904. Pour Un Homme de Caron was created in 1934 as one of the first men's fragrances and is well placed there. It is the fragrance for the exceptional, self-confident gentleman of any age in neat and well-groomed clothes for a variety of occasions in the evening, in the office and at leisure.

Many thanks for the kind attention to my appearance!

Lavender Dreams
A remarkable scent characterised by its timeless beauty, a dream of lavender fields swaying gently in the wind, with a touch of vanilla, almost imperceptible at first, but then gaining more ground. Calm and beauty, eternal aspirations and the mere transience of things. Lavender dreams...

Exciting lavender
Ahh lavender and vanilla. A star team, nowadays famous for its soothing effect. Whether that was already well-known in 1934 or this perfume was breaking grounds, I have no idea.

Pour un Homme de Caron will bring you that cosy soothing aura. But not before it slaps you in the face with a shot of bitter lavender. It takes a while before the lavender settles down.

Rather often lavender and vanilla is combined with citrus. Pour un Homme goes into a musky direction, instead of citric fresh. I feel a bit of warmth, but thankfully no gourmandish sweetness from the vanilla. It does make me wonder if this perfume is suitable for warmer weather conditions.

The lavender is exciting at first and soothing in the end. Don't expect a teleport to the Provence, though. There are far more natural lavender scents. Same goes for the vanilla. Nevertheless, this Pour un Homme is pleasant to wear and very versatile.

Performance-wise it does a fine job. Modest radiation for 6 hours or so. Note that it's winter time now in my place.

JackofSpadesJackofSpades 4 months ago
One of the best lavender notes,mixed with vanilla and a musky base.Allrounder, classy and cozy, a timeless masterpiece.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 months ago
Gorgeous timeless and simple
Finerthings8Finerthings8 8 months ago
I enjoy some vintage parfums but I don’t like the syrupy sweetness of amber/vanilla with lavender in this.not for me
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
Simplicity at its best: lavander and vanilla, mild restrained, discreet, fleeting ambery composition.
JayNayJayNay 9 months ago
Never smelled anything like this before. It’s captivating, stunningly beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. The opening is to die for. Thumbs up.
MikaelMikael 10 months ago
5.5
Overrated, boring. Not bad, just "old school" safe fragrance.
50something50something 1 year ago
It’s not my favorite; it’s always a bit odd with the lavender and vanilla on my skin, but I respect it for its simplicity and age. 8/10
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
Imagine you enter an Apocathery: You just smelled Caron Pour un Homme.
This said, in the best possible sense.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Super cozy fragrance that opens with a manly lavender with musk, old fashion powdery scent. Then the sweetness of the vanilla and amber.
SyedSyed 2 years ago
Lavender and Vanilla; A Match made in Heaven

Discussions about Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette)

Briarthorn in Perfumes & Brands

by Amorphin
by Acamara
by Acamara

Popular by Caron

Tabac Blond (1919) (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Parfum) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Or et Noir (1949) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Accord 119 (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Violette Précieuse (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pois de Senteur (1927) / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Narcisse Noir (1960) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Acaciosa (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron