Pour Un Homme de Caron L'Eau 2018

Pour Un Homme de Caron L'Eau by Caron
Pour Un Homme de Caron L'Eau is a popular perfume by Caron for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Cattleya Finance. Pronunciation

William Fraysse

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Luftikus, last update on 25.08.2020.

Sunshine and Lavender
It is lighter and the lavender is purer than the original from 1934 (!); everything here lifts for my nose only the lavender, the slightly quirky beginning, the geranium, the vetiver, then it should be amber, which additionally gives warmth, no vanilla, which is so typical for the original. So it's less full, less round, but still doesn't look artificially modernized to me, I don't think it's watered down either, just a little slimmer and more flexible.

It doesn't last that long either, maybe four hours. Whereby if you smell the skin where it was sprayed on, you can still enjoy the scent for a long time over these four hours. You could lay your head on it to rest, on this fragrant lavender arm, very inviting.
Sprayed generously, the fragrance keeps naturally better and on the skin it definitely smells different than in the clothes, where it gets a little bit of the typical grandmother granddad muff, which some people don't like. It was only the lavender moth bags in the cupboard, so it's not so bad if you think about it carefully.

For me this eau is not a simple summer refreshment water, but one of the more beautiful lavender on the market. For man, woman and where available child and dog optimally suitable for every occasion. Light natural elegance, herbaceous freshness and warm relaxation, is after all lavender. Wonderful on such a hot summer day but guaranteed to wear well even in winter, although I would tend to the original in winter.
A real gentleman and a gentlewoman and a sunshine. The only restriction: for lavender lovers - or those who want to become lavender lovers.
Pure!
Uncommented fragrances No. 123

I am delighted to be the first to write a comment on Pour Un Homme de Caron L'Eau. The original water from 1934 has been one of my favourite fragrances since then (a bit cheated, because I was born in 1967). At first I wasn't even aware why I liked the fragrance so much. In my commentary on the original, I pointed out that I interpreted the fragrance strictly divided between a very light-flooded lavender head note and a warm-shaded base (amber, vanilla). You'd almost think your heart was missing. This may be the charm of Pour Un Homme, perhaps the first men's fragrance to be revealed. But for me personally it soon became clear that I am above all a lavender lover. This very classic, somewhat dusty flower from southern France always appeals to me and I have been looking for beautiful lavender scents for many years. Often I like very clear, simple, bright, not too sharp interpretations best. Pour Un Homme is the perfection of the lavender fragrance because the balance between the head (lavender) and the feet (amber, vanilla) has been so great that even reformulations have not affected the fragrance (just as Caron has preserved some of his men's classics: Pour Un Homme, Yatagan, Le 3em Homme, L'Anarchiste). The missing and then nevertheless from the sum of all parts developing body center of the smell remained. But I was always disappointed by the Pour Un Homme flankers: The perfume was only mediocre, the sports version was almost a catastrophe and had nothing to do with the original anymore.

In this respect, I was very sceptical about the accents that an L'Eau of the classic of the original variant could add. But that is not the point: In fact, L'Eau omits something, namely the warm, well-balanced base mentioned above. Can this work? It probably depends on what you make of the wonderful mild yet light lavender head note. Rosengeranium and ambergris, mentioned above, I can't see at first, which is a bit of a pity, because the rose geranium in a slightly higher dosage would certainly have suited the scent quite well. On the other hand, I always associate this plant with English scents, where it occurs more frequently, and so it can remain quietly in the background in an original French scent. Ambra then becomes very soft and easily noticeable in the drydown.
Vetiver, on the other hand, cheats her way past the first impression of the fragrance a little, but then comes out discreetly, and I really like that. But it has to be said clearly that this is not a vetiver scent. It's a lavender scent. Period. Not much more and not much less. That's why he's no better than his great-grandfather of 1934, who is simply THE French Gentilhomme, even before the Weil of the same name, which I remember smelled a little similar, even before the Guerlain classics. This is a fragrance that a man must have in his closet (and some women certainly do). Do we need the grandson L'Eau now? I've decided for myself that I want him. I will check availability next week, because what could be more beautiful in summer than choosing between light citrus and lavender scents?
Carons Pour Un Homme L'Eau will be my new lavender summer fragrance.

P.S.: For those interested: The fragrance for Germany was announced to me at the end of June.

by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis

Popular Caron

Tabac Blond (Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Acaciosa (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Acaciosa (1929) by Caron