Aimez-Moi Comme Je Suis 2020

Aimez-Moi Comme Je Suis by Caron
Aimez-Moi Comme Je Suis is a new perfume by Caron for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is being marketed by Cattleya Finance. Pronunciation

Jean Jacques

Grapefruit, Ginger, Haitian vetiver, Hazelnut

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.01.2021.

Quo vadis, Caron?
A few weeks ago I suddenly - and hard - missed Nuit de Noël, which probably had to do with the approaching Christmas. But since I had run out of the finest version of the fragrance, the extrait, and only this could have made me happy, I discarded the thought of a new acquisition because of the price. However, my attention fell on this new men's fragrance, "Love me as I am"...and I wanted to know if I would be able to.
Up front, AMCJS, you have your good points - but I will never love you.
What fragrances Caron has already given the world! The fabulous Nuit de Noël, the sacred Sacre, the champagne bath! The men's classics "the third man" and Yatagan!
The incredibly beautiful vintages Tabac Blond and Poivre, etc etc.
Caron had once almost the status of Guerlain in my eyes, until about the 90s. Then those who had something to say in the house of C., probably lost a little connection. (One could now also bring G. into the game, which must have been similar at the end of the decade, but G. got the curve, which is probably due to the takeover by LVMH) Anyway, with that, Caron also lost its luster a bit. There were a few successes, including Aimez-moi, the female version of this fragrance, but nothing more that I could rave about. If at all, I fell back on the "old" fragrances, which are partly unmatched good.
Of course, you have to consider at Caron today, how to attract the younger audience in's house, but without, for example, the financial backing of LVMH and the expertise of Polge, water and consorts it will be difficult. Trend / history / quality / Uniqueness to reconcile, has not managed C. at AMCJS.
The fragrance begins slightly synthetic-woody with a lot of green and acidic freshness, which is not unfamiliar to me overall and already almost classic-masculine to call. Not bad, but also not new.
Then the "fashionable" twist - the gourmand hazelnut. I've always found it beautiful, and so it is here. It makes the woody-green corners rounder, nicer, and softer without pulling the scent in the sometimes annoying praline direction. (Who can stand chocolates 2 weeks after Christmas anyway?)
Interesting also the slight ginger sharpness, which I like very much in fragrances. It also accompanies the fragrance surprisingly long and goes with the little sweet nut a pleasant, no longer so ultra-masculine relationship. But that's then already everything, because after that nothing more happens.
If now a drugstore fragrance or something very from the origin of "mainstream" would have been in front of me, I might have been more benevolent with it - but from Caron I would have liked just now once again a banger. Alas, AMCJS isn't one, at best a nice attempt that hurts no one.
I wish the house of Caron what I wish us all: From the bottom back to life! French Can-Can everywhere!

Heard it all before
There are composers on YouTube like Franz Krommer - who sounds a lot like Mozart, and Johann Nepomuk Hummel - who did a pretty good Beethoven. You may wonder why they bothered composing when Mozart's music was sublime; and everyone knows Beethoven's Fifth - da,da,da daaaah ...
Well, it happens that Hummel and Krommer were professional musicians who worked for royal courts in Europe. Whatever the reasons for their derivative style, the bottom line is they made money from it.

And as with music, so with perfume : Caron, and everyone else in the business knows there is always scope for one more version of the latest tune. Or, in this case, a medley of Greatest Hits.
So, we have a spiky wood masculine (Sauvage etc) with a hazelnut tonality (Fat Electrician etc) and a background of grapefruit and vetiver (Terre d'Hermès).
Put it in the classic Pour un Homme bottle, give it a recycled name that recalls your heritage and you've got your new 'Schubert' melody, or whatever, ready to go.
Even though I don't like the style, I must say this isn't too bad, better than most spiky woods that have hit the shelves. Things seem to be going in the right direction here ...

Love Me as I am - or not, it could have been worse; but it could have been much much better - it could have been an original score by the new wunderkind composer Missy Mazzoli.

Carded sample

HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
A great modern vetiver with sweet hazelnut nuances. Grapefruit is also strong during the lifetime. In the same vein as Fat Electrician. 3/5

Popular Caron

Tabac Blond (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) by Caron En Avion (Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Narcisse Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron N'Aimez que Moi (Parfum) by Caron