Carthusia Uomo (2004) Eau de Parfum

Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia

Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Carthusia for men and was released in 2004. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia, Green leaves, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Geranium, Patchouli, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, White musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 25.08.2019

7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Carthusia Uomo
This fragrance opens very lightly with a head note I could not easily identify. It is fresh and slightly salty so I assume it is the kelp. This unusual head note disappears quite fast to leave behind a fruity base note underlined by a woody note. The raspberry note is fresh and aromatic and the rosewood note gives it a certain, much-needed emphasis. I especially like the fact that the wood note is not clean, but sweaty. I associate it with the skin of a person who just had sex. Even at this stage, the fragrance is airy and not overpowering. This fragrance has a classic, manly feel to it and I can understand that it might be too pedestrian for some people.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Magnetosphere
On the LuckyScent the category of CARTHUSIA UOMO is unisex-male, even if the name of the perfume declares clearly, who is the target. The women. Poor women who smell this on a man. If I would be reaaaallly censorious (and of course I am), I would say, that master Laura Tonatto had someone in her mind when she componated CARTHUSIA UOMO.

The conception is a salty marine scent with berries. These berries are not sweet, friendly or mellow. Rather berries bitten by the frost, hard to rip them off from the branch with wintery hands in the cold air. So aquatic notes agree together with bitter fruits well. If you take a deep and slow breath, you can realize, that the fragrance changes, because it is quite complex.

I can see that longevity and sillage is not too outstanding in voters opinion, but maybe the trick is, that this perfume for men works better on the skin of a woman. The reason: women's nose may be more sensitive for this kind of male fragrance.

CARTHUSIA UOMO will not redeem the world, will not start a revolution, will not stay long with me in my fragrance memory, but I would breath very deep near by any person who wears this fragrance.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Berries for men
I would never have guessed that raspberry could work in a male fragrance. I'm glad that Carthusia Uomo has proved me wrong.

Carthusia Uomo smells deliciously sophisticated and rich. It's quite distinctive with sharp notes of fruity raspberry, rosewood, leather and salt. Thankfully this fragrance isn't too sweet. The raspberry note is natural, meaning that the only sweetness here is what you may expect from smelling a basket of freshly picked berries.

I do agree with this fragrance being an aromatic. It has a lovely, soothing quality despite its liveliness. Carthusia is quite a busy scent although it is not as complex as some fragrances.

The scent reminds me of the smell of a brand, spanking new computer. 'New-ness' has a smell, and Carthusia Uomo kind of has that the same smell. To be honest it was the first thing I noticed when I first smelt this.

The lasting power and sillage were good for me, and especially pleasing was the development on the skin, which was rather crisp and energizing. Once again I am impressed with Carthusia.

by skanvidou
by skanvidou
by Cimorghe
by Cimorghe

Popular Carthusia

1681 by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Mediterraneo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Numero Uno by Carthusia Corallium (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Io Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Aria di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Essence of the Park / The Essence of Central Park (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Capri Forget Me Not (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Caprissimo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Carthusia Lady (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Terra Mia (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Essence of the Park (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Prima del Teatro di San Carlo by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia