Corallium (2010)Eau de Parfum

Corallium (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia

Corallium (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Carthusia for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMyrrh, Mandarin, Bergamot, Bay leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Precious woods, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesSedum, Sage, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.06.2020.

Santalwalti
On the large wooden swing under the cedar...
A fragrance that I find perfect for these dark, cool days...
A fragrance that smells of late autumn, Advent, outdoor cold and indoor warm comfort.
Doe dusk is almost dawning and despite the damp and cool weather I am drawn outside. I want to go on my swing again this year. And that's not a fancy little bright red plastic swing from the department store. No, it's a spacious, solid swing that Daddy made himself and attached to the strongest branch of our cedar. The seat is made of dark wood and comes from a pallet from the DIY store - so I have a lot of space and left and right of me there are comfortable, wide armrests. Daddy has put a backrest made of the same wood in his back.

Daddy's coming out to the garden with me. As food we take some mandarins with us, which I like to peel just because of the smell. But they taste good too! As soon as I've made myself comfortable on my seat, I'm off, Daddy pushes me, always gently - because he knows I don't like it when it goes too hard and too high.

I enjoy these wonderful minutes in the cool autumn air filled with smoking fireplaces from the neighborhood. In our kitchen window there is already the light arch with the events in the stable of Bethlehem, after all the 1st Advent is already next Sunday Then there is the first 'coloured plate' with nuts, mandarins, gingerbread, sweetened fruits and chocolates.

As the swing swings up and down, more and more scents reach my nose.... the cedar over me passes its spicy fragrance charge on to me and the evening humidity brings out everything so impressively and strongly. One last time the bewitching aroma of the herb bed, in which sage, lavender and hyssop, cut back by Dad and me, are already woody and smell all the more intense. While we enjoy these moments, my mother comes, worried about us, that we might catch cold. Now her patchouli-stressed perfume blends into the delicious garden scents... We have to stop this. It's better to listen to Mommy...

A late autumn scent. For me, wood notes, aromatic herbs, light citric, delicious mandarin peel, sweet-warm patchouli and a delicate cloud of a smoking fireplace clearly dominate. I don't find aquatics here (unlike other commentators) at all.

Thank you, dear Turandot, for this elegant, comforting sample - like everything I received so far from your fragrance mail, this is again a wonderful, welcome perfume experience.

Corallium
Opens citrusy sweet on my skin, the predominant head note being the mandarin. If I get closer to the skin I smell the myrrh. At this stage I would describe this fragrance as soft, warm and sweet; very enjoyable to wear. As the fragrance progresses, the sweetness of the citrus notes diminishes and the main body, a patchouli note, underlined by wood and aromatic accords, appears. I would now describe the fragrance as salty, crystalline with a flowery touch. The dry down is a pale, barely noticeable musk.

Capri - I come!
After Turandot's comment I can only show my euphoria.

The heart hops.
My piece of paper lies in front of me and is full larded with my experiences sniffing my wrist.
What do you call this? Head cinema?
I couldn't describe it better (I will anyway never create ;-)).

Spirals into the eyes gets, I sign everything!

by Rotkehlchen
by Rotkehlchen

Popular Carthusia

1681 by Carthusia Mediterraneo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Capri Forget Me Not (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Numero Uno by Carthusia Essence of the Park / The Essence of Central Park (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Io Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Profumo) by Carthusia Via Camerelle (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Profumo) by Carthusia Essence of the Park (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Aria di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Mediterraneo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Terra Mia (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Carthusia Lady (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Prima del Teatro di San Carlo by Carthusia