Ligea La Sirena Eau de Toilette

Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia

Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Carthusia for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is powdery-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense, Lemon, Orange, Mandarin, Bergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Clove, Geranium, Lemon grass
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Tobacco blossom, Benzoin, Vanilla

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 23.09.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Sicily in Hollywatt
It's sooo hot, I don't know what else to take off .

Actually not a day to test a fragrance, but I am blowing around and humming over three fans, and pretend to be cool.

I am a fan of the Carthusias, and cannot resist the AF of Mrs. Maus.
Ligea takes me to Sicily, the island that has always touched me with its scents.
Lemons and orange trees carry heavy on their aromatic fruits - and the mandarin is added aquatically.
Spices lie in the air, rounded off by deep but not heavy patchouli.
Frankincense interweaves with vanilla, and gives a distinctive tart - sweet impression.
Flowery rose geranium is another splash of colour in this Mediterranean painting.

Sicilian feelings creep up on me - in the middle of stuffy Hollywatt.

Despite the fragrance, I think that Ligea only takes on its full form at cooler temperatures.
Nevertheless I had pleasant memories of Taormina, Syracusa and Messina.

Sicilia insula est.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

If you love Shalimar, try this
The love I bear for Carthusia all began with this fragrance. Ligea la Sirena is one of those fragrances which I find highly addictive, meaning a sure future addition to my collection.

This fragrance opens with a scent that reminds me of gingerbread men. Despite the funny looks I received from the sales people when I announced this, I hold true to my statement.

It's a tad sugary, spicy and deliciously powdery. Everyone is mentioning the powder. Sure, there's powder but it's nothing like Chanel's No.5 or No.22, and nothing in comparison to Carthusia's more powdery Aria di Capri.

To my nose, Ligea la Sirena is incredibly sensual, somewhat edible and dusty in an old-fashioned sense. I love strong, old-fashioned and spicy scents, so this fragrance is right up my alley.

There are many notes missing from this listing, some of which are; cinnamon, white rose, ginger, vanilla and amber. Particularly towards the drydown, Ligea la Sirena bears a resemblance to the beautiful and classic L'Heure Bleue and Shalimar, both by Guerlain.

This is one fragrance which manages to seduce you as it moves through its development. Beginning with a sugary and foody cinnamon, mandarin and ginger burst, it later develops into a soft, feminine and woodsy powder base.

The longevity is rather impressive and the same could be said for the sillage. I feel comfortable in scents like this one, and I can agree with the consensus that its a versatile fragrance, for almost every season and occasion.

by Turandot
by Turandot
by Unchaned
by Unchaned

Popular Carthusia

1681 by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Mediterraneo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Numero Uno by Carthusia Corallium (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Io Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Aria di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Essence of the Park / The Essence of Central Park (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Capri Forget Me Not (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Caprissimo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Carthusia Lady (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Terra Mia (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Essence of the Park (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Prima del Teatro di San Carlo by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia