Via Camerelle (2006) Eau de Toilette

Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia

Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Carthusia for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Marjoram, Bitter orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine, Water lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Algae, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 30.05.2019

The Via Camerelle is a very prominent road on Capri.

Via Camerelle
This fragrance opens with a blast of mixed citrus notes. First I smell the lemon the most; then it is balanced by the orange note. It is a fresh scent, the citrus being creamy, not tangy. At this stage, very close to the skin, I smell the flowers faintly underneath, just waiting for the head notes to disappear. The body notes are slightly salty sheer white flowers. From this bouquet the strongest one seems to be the jasmine note. I have to add that throughout the fragrance a certain citrusy touch remains. The dry down is a musky amber note, quite powdery, but not too sweet. Lasts for nearly 8 hours on my skin.
2.0/10

Silverfire
Italian for Road Past the Brothel?
Via Camerelle is a low-class, cheap, semi-skanky fragrance that is mostly floral, grounded by something warm and vaguely powdery. It's like a store variant of a scented oil plug in. It's not as strong or as sickly as toilet deodorizer, but the scent threatens to go that way. There's a little sparkly/tingly/fresh component to it, probably bergamot, but this is trampled underneath the hooves of the cheap floral. By 90 minutes, it becomes somewhat musky, and then I scrubbed it off. Silage was about a foot, and longevity I didn't care to discover (obviously). Man, I just don't get Carthusia as a house. Whatever they do is just gross.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Herbaceous and unisex citrus
Via Camerelle is interesting in the sense that it's a citrus scent which leans more towards a bitter and green side.

I find this scent very unisex and I think it's great for Summer, particularly when on a vacation. This perfume is rather distinctive and in some ways, herbaceous.

The herbs and citrus thankfully blend well, creating a very unique and pleasing scent. It's quite concentrated with an odd dampness which dominates in the heart and the drydown.

Although bitter scents aren't really my cup of tea, I enjoy smelling Via Camerelle, probably more so on a tester card or someone else's skin other than my own.

The drydown was actually quite salty to my nose, it also reminded me of the scent of dry cat food. I must add that I like both of these smells, so it wasn't as repulsive as the description makes it appear to be.

Via Camerelle is not my favourite from Carthusia as I like their much sweeter, more feminine offerings, however there is nothing unpleasant about this little gem. In all honesty, this is the most unique from the six I've tried.

Popular Carthusia

1681 by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Mediterraneo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Numero Uno by Carthusia Corallium (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Io Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Aria di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Essence of the Park / The Essence of Central Park (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Capri Forget Me Not (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Carthusia Uomo (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Via Camerelle (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Caprissimo (Eau de Toilette) by Carthusia Carthusia Lady (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Terra Mia (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Essence of the Park (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia Prima del Teatro di San Carlo by Carthusia Ligea La Sirena (Profumo) by Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Eau de Parfum) by Carthusia