Baiser Fou (2017)

Baiser Fou by Cartier

Baiser Fou is a perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Orchid, Lily

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.05.2019

Those the Only Notes?
I find it difficult to believe that those are the only notes in this. But then, what is °orchid° anyway? I have read that if real orchid were in a 'fume it would cost, like, a £squillion per bottle! & that orchid is a °fantasy note°, as they call it in perfumery. I was drawn to this by something odd & compelling in the aroma of this - something leaning, but ever-so gently leaning, a litlet skanky. Maybe it was just the °orchid° note, whatever that actually is.

Just gotten it out of the box & had a little go on it. Think I'll appoint this unto my next wearing. I remember now why I got it - I ^would^ say it is a bit of an outlier, in terms of sheer content. Seems to me to inhabit the centre of a wide space well away fræ other 'fumes. In fact it'd puzzling me greatly that there aren't more 'fumes that smell somewhat like this, as I do think the idiom of this is a mighty viable one. Don't know that 'skanky' is the right word, even with the 'gently leaning' qualification; but whatever is in it that gives it that distinction is at least a little °naughty° or a little °rude°.

And as for the ubiquitous muskiness that I'm never done going-on about (but it ^really is^ that important to me!) ... well ... I am thoroughly excruciated at this very moment!

Brings to mind Ærin's ~Lilac Path~, as that also is an outlier content-wise. Obviously I don't mean it's actually ^like^ it, forthat that would be an utter contradiction of what I've just said.

I'm having trouble being through with coming back to this: there seems to me something perhaps even a tad sinister in the almost juvenile innocence of it - perhaps a little like the sinistry of the sweet voice wherewithal, according to myths & legends & various stories of the supernatural, a conjured diabolickal spirit is wont to speak upon appearance at the sorcer's bidding. Or perhaps, is it that it is exciting a forebodeful thread of déja-vu in my mind, that always just fails to anchor itself, and of the anchoring of which I am a little afraid for some reason?

You know, I think I'm going to seriously enjoy this 'fume when I get round to wearing it; and that is likely to be soon, I do deem! Never thought I would be impatient for Kurkdjians ~Petit Matin~ to wear-off!

Yet another thing I'm beginning to wonder now: ^is^ it, perhaps, ^a little^ like ~Lilac Path~ in °a certain way°?

I also wonder why the shelf-life symbol on this says only 18 month, rather than the usual (and indeed even default) 36.

... the following morning ...
The Kurkdjian's wearing-off at last! Actually, I ^seriously^ enjoyed wearing it - it's a mickle-mighty good 'fume, that ~Petit Matin~. We 'fume heads of course, whatever we might say about layering, practise a °quasilayering° in that there is inevitably an overlap between consecutively worn 'fumes (kindlily refrain fræ admonishments as to showering insufficiently frequently or thoroughly!). I think the initial flourish of this one is conforming well with the parting gasps of that.

It could be mistaken superficially for a cloyingly sweet fruity, particularly rasberryish 'fume. If you're getting that, & especially if you're thinking with "not another sweet fuity ... ", then I would urge you to take stock & think again!

No, this is strange, strange. That °naughti- rude-ness°, perhaps bordering on the most discrete kind of skankiness, that I mention above, is flourishing amply. It's even, perhaps, beginning to take-on a certain ... °oiliness°, perhaps.

I'm looking forward avidly to the full deveiopment of this: reckon it's going to be seriously good.

... couple of hours later ...
It's settling down & maturing ^very^ nicely. Would say there is a ... perhaps °woodi- ambri-ness° coming through - but, I cannot fully confidently call it that as it just is never through with its being so ^mysterious^!

... a few hours later ...
Can't fault this, performance-wise. It's quite a powerhouse, in fact! Would say it's quite linear: such apparent changes in it are just a case of my °learning° it with time, I think: sometimes there's a flash of green, sometimes of amber; you know, the usual kind of thing: but on the whole it stays prett-much basically the same; which is fine by me! I'm not atall weary of it. Bring it on yet more!

Jazzy76 15 months ago
Only a couple of flowers for an intoxicating and almostFruity acchord very vibrant and feminin. Average sillage. Good for the warm season.
6.0
6.0

Ich danke Euch für so viel Zuspruch! Ich liebe Johannisbeeren und der Duft riecht für mich nach diesen kleinen roten lustigen Kügelchen :)
Verrückte Sommerküsse....
by Santalwalti
by RobinB
by RobinB
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier