Baiser Volé 2011Eau de Parfum

Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier
Bottle Design Centdegrés
Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLily pistil
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily
Base Notes Base NotesLily leaf

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.11.2020.

Creamy Baiser
I was expecting green botanical Lily and almost buy it blind- I was luckily got a sample from a kind friend from Belgium.
It's not what I was expecting at all!
I was imagine it's green- biting green in Dali Purplelight manner but I've got creamy, almost body lotion scent.
It's not a bad fragrance but not what was expeting, as powdery scent is not what I am looking for.

Very nice and creamy...
...and I don't really like lilies. Neither optically, nor the room-filling "smell" (bissel bäh) !? I am always surprised that I have no associations at all with lilies. I smell totally luxurious cream and powder, definitely with summer and sun cream vibes! Wicked, perfume can also do that ;) So I like it very much!
MsPerfume
Powdery lilies- dream in summer
I ordered the scent back then to take with me on my vacation in Italy. And it was wonderful! Not just the holiday, but the scent too. Italy and Meringue Vole, that stayed with me in my memories and it is definitely a summer scent for me Meringue Vole is pure lily! All fragrances here are made of lily and you can smell it accordingly. Actually I don't like intense flowery green scents, but here the lily is so finely and nobly processed that you can't stop holding your nose to the bottle. In the course of time Meringue Vole becomes super warm and powdery
I think it also smells very green ( in the prelude), which is probably due to the fact that the lily has been almost completely incorporated here. A minus point goes to durability and sillage. Unfortunately the smell does not last long with me.
I can highly recommend the fragrance to all who like floral scents. Is and remains one of my favourites among the summer scents
Je vous embrasse beaucoup
Almost everyone knows that meringue is both "kiss" and the name for airy protein biscuits. The fact that "meringue" is also a colloquial activity word, which should not be used in a cultivated conversation, is only known to those who speak French.
So heard during a language stay in Southern France. A former language student of the school I attended was long since back in his home country. Since he had enjoyed his stay in France very much, he wrote an exuberant letter of thanks to the entire teaching staff and concluded with the memorable words:

JE BAISE TOUT LE MONDE

:-))

Of course there was a lot of laughter and he was presented to the following generations of students as an example of how not to do it.

What does that have to do with meringue volé? Nothing, really. No stolen kisses and no lewd behavior.

This fragrance is the chaste kiss on my forehead from a pure white Madonna Lily. This fragrance is at once fresh and sweet, cool and powdery, simple and complex, modest and regal. With me (as usually) durability and sillage is weak, with others it comes out well as I have noticed,

One of the most beautiful fragrances I know.

Absolutely beautiful and delicate
Baiser Volé surprised me, in a very, very good way. I recieved a sample of this one and I was in love. I bought a full-sized bottle a few days later.
This is a very delicate scent. For all of its soft and caressing presence, it has a distinctive and vivid character. While her start is sparkly and bright, she becomes much warmer and richer as she develops on your skin.
The first few minutes of Baiser Volé are crispy and floral, à la J'Adore. As soon as the floral layers unfold, Baiser Volé becomes very lush and almost velvety. The lily is the main impression, but as I wear Baiser Volé, I find that it floats between a rose and a gardenia.

I like the journey on which Baiser Volé takes me, but I find the vanilla accented drydown to be especially appealing. The floral petals have almost competely melted now, leaving your skin in the warmth of musk, honey and sugared almond. The sweetness is in perfect balance with the green notes, and the character of Baiser Volé at this stage is elegant. This is another great discovery for floral lovers who want something different in their bouquets.
Memories of Heike
Basically, I have a positive attitude towards the Cartier brand, wonderful advertising clips and the watches, oh yes, I could get into raptures, can afford or want a perfume of the house, but I would most likely then. What I haven't done yet, though, my review is based on a sample received.

The attitude towards the brand was one of the reasons why I applied the test strip to a test strip at first, but a minute later so immediately on the skin.
"Beautiful" was the first thought, in the course of the test wearing I still remembered associations like "feminine", "detergent", "powdery", "at home", "family" and... "Heike"!
The memory of Heike came to my mind... Fragrances and memories, the themes go hand in hand again!
At the beginning of my studies many years ago I was in a flower shop, it was probably because of a birthday flower...you know that... And although as a student I should have put my money into better nutrition...I bought a lily there and baptized her Heike. She then stood in the kitchen for weeks, where I enjoyed her.
Implementation of lilies in meringue Volé, I would say very good if it evokes in me the memory of real lilies.
Unfortunately the durability is quite short, it was enough on the skin unfortunately only for half a day fragrance experience, on the clothes much longer, but I know Cartiers who create more!
Regarding the associations that can be made with lilies, or which they occupy thematically, the scent is certainly a double-edged sword. But since lilies are the only flowers I like comparatively, I could live well with a fragrance with this multi-faceted flower.
Altogether I am glad that I could make this "smell memory", in order to be taken up as Flakon into my collection, it lacks for my taste however unfortunately evenly at perseverance.
5.5

Green and White Floral
Top Notes: Lily, Citruses.

Heart Notes: Lily.

Base Notes: Lily, Green Notes.

I wanted to explore more white florals as of late, especially lily-centric white florals. I was keen to try Lutens Un Lys, but given Un Lys's $300 price point for a 75ml bell jar, I decided to begin my journey elsewhere, specifically with Cartier Baiser Volé and Guerlain Lys Soleia. This review is specifically for BV, but I do compare and contrast the two fragrances to point up how their differ from one another in the white floral genre.

On the whole, BV smells exactly like its notes pyramid. I detect more citruses in the top notes than I do lily, but the lily comes through more in the heart and the base notes where it becomes creamy and slightly sweet. BV is also quite fresh and green. It is the sort of fragrance that one could easily to one's office, school, church, a nice luncheon, a wedding, etc.. It could easily be worn day or night. My guess is that it wears better in the Spring and Summer, but I see no reason why it could not be worn year round.

BV is nice enough. I want to test it out of doors soon to see how it develops in the heat and humidity before I pass final judgment on it, but at the moment, it is not something I would ever repurchase unless subsequent wearings impress me more than the first two wearings. I absolutely love the bottle, though! It is difficult to describe, but the bottle feels rather heavy and quite posh in my hand, and the overall design has a fine aesthetic quality that I almost never find in other contemporary fragrances. It is difficult to spray, but I am not sure if that may be a flaw in the atomiser on my bottle or not.

I had roughly four hours longevity from it last evening. By that time it was fading pretty quickly, but my skin was quite cool. Perhaps I would have greater longevity if my skin had been warmer. Anyway, at that point I applied the LS over it. (The first time I have ever layered fragrances.) I do not know if the layering of the two was responsible or not, but I could still smell the LS this morning whence I awoke.

Whilst I like BV well enough, I am much more enamoured of LS, but this does not surprise me because Guerlain rarely disappoints me. Honestly, some may mistake BV for an air freshener whilst others may mistake LS for a B&BW body spray except that LS smells like a higher quality fragrance, better ingredients and better blended. The ylang-ylang in it is delicious--sweet but not at all cloying. It is so well blended that I cannot disentangle the ylang-ylang and the lily notes. It is as though they are two sides of the same coin. It is definitely a lovely fragrance for the Spring and Summer. It does not smell the same as Terracotta Voile dé Été, but it is in the same "style" if that makes sense. Both have a light sweetness and warmth about them and project mildly in wafts. I like the bottle, too.

It has now been twelve hours since I applied LS over BV, and I can still smell LS on my skin albeit faintly. I did not expect performance as good as this, so I am pleasantly surprised. My white floral lily-centric fragrance journey will not end with either BV or LS, but they have given me a great start. If you wish to explore lily-centric fragrances, and if enjoy fresh, green fragrances, ones that are crisp and cool as opposed to warm and sweetish, then BV is a good place to start. If you think you would enjoy a slightly more complex and sweeter fragrance, one that is warm and more sensual, then LS is a good place to start.

On the whole, BV rates a basic thumbs up for delivering what it promises to deliver. LS gets a more enthusiastic thumbs up for not only delivering what it promises to deliver but also for being beautifully blended, warm, and sensual. At the end of the day, both have a place in one's wardrobe if one wishes diversity in her lily-centric white floral fragrance section.

~ Spring in a Bottle Baiser Vole ~
~ This hands down is my favorite non~Chanel floral for ladies! This is spring in a bottle with everything new and clean wrapped in a pleasant aura of Lilies. This scent can be anything a woman would want it be a very versatile fresh people pleaser! If you enjoy natural white florals this combination of lily, faint vanilla (and I detect carnation?) sillage will give off the perfect blend of classic and modern image your after. This evokes in me a brides perfect elegant wedding day in May....a lovely memory she can reach for everyday all found in this classy Cartier bottle. ~
Kind Regards,

Melancholic White Lily
An artfully balanced harmony of lily, topped with a sparkling green aureole of leaves. Don't underestimate it, because it is a "soliflor". It is clean and clear in the beginning, but it has a darker, quite melancholic side to it, too. Wear it on a summer day, but put it away at night, it will not perform any "seduction miracles" for you, since it's too "gloomy". It emanates the beauty of the white lily, reminding me of white lilies in a stylish vase on a tombstone. In another review I once wrote that it's "old-fashioned in a good way". Smelling it again today, I still think it's elegant, but I personally don't wear it because of the graveyard-connotations.

Sticky Lily
I reviewed Cartier BAISER VOLE eau de toilette a while back and found it to be a vegetal green scent similar to the milk which drips inside the green stems of some plants. It initially reminded me more of violet leaf, but eventually I came to believe that it might be the scent of the inside of the stem of a lily plant.

BAISER VOLE eau de parfum, in contrast, has very little greenishness or inner stem milk quality to it at all. To me this seems like a very different perfume. The lily petals have been suspended in a sticky, somewhat sweet base like the one used for the Yves Rocher Secret d'Essence series. In fact, this might have been the lily entry in that line-up...

When I first donned BAISER VOLE eau de parfum, I was convinced that I smelled magnolia in this composition. Only lily is listed in the note hierarchy, but the floral scent seems so much like a cross between magnolia and lily to me that I even reached for my Elizabeth W magnolia candle to compare the two. It may be that the sticky base is creating the illusion of magnolia here.

Unfortunately, despite my fondness for both lily and magnolia, this creation does not really sit well with my nose. I'm pretty sure that the base is the culprit here, making the perfume smell slightly off-kilter and a bit uncomfortable. I suspect that the concept was to make a seductive, slightly dirty, but still mass-marketably sweet lily perfume. It actually smells a bit obscene, but in an embarrassing, not an appealing way. Not for me.

by Andreas09
by Jasmine87
by Kallipso
by Kallipso
by Nisie
Geklautes Baiser (Hihi) im Grünzeug. Hier im Souk erstanden.
by Stanze
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe
by Calliste
by Calliste

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Baiser Volé (Extrait de Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier pour Homme Essence by Cartier