Cartier de Lune (2011)

Cartier de Lune by Cartier

Cartier de Lune is a perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesBearbind, Cyclamen, Honeysuckle, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.04.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

In the soft moonlight
Today the friend stood - as always spontaneously - in the door frame.

I am proud, because he does not wear his working clothes, because veterinarians hurry from patient to patient, and have little time.

No, today no hairy jacket and loamy boots - but fancy Strellson outfit.
He sees ... uh... it looks good.
And I'm eloquent: You see... uh... it looks good.

I get a mischievous smile and he quotes freely from Oscar Wilde: The beauty is pleasant for the eye - but who will notice it when it is 5 days in the house ?
Oh - you want to stay five days?
I don't mind.

But with the good mood he brings a homely scent into the house.
Not the usual stable smell, which I always like, but something soft and spicy, which conveys an elegant impression.
A spicy freshness interspersed with woodiness.
The scent does not radiate, but conveys a mild glow.

Of course I ask him about his attractive aura, and he puts the de Lune bottle on my table.

A souvenir for me, which he also tried out on himself.

He has done it well, because de Lune is an excellent match for his soft-hearted nature.
But also on me the silvery transparent moonlight develops well.
The spices are softened by the velvety rose and the cyclamen adds gentle astringency.
The wood note stabilizes, but de Lune does not take the translucency.
A perfect unisex scent that goes well with both of us.

But the friend insists that I have the moon.

You have to be able to accept.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Dew-Kissed Flowers
Cartier De Lune is a lovely, fresh fragrance. I am quite stunned by how elegant and soft it feels on the skin. It wears well during all seasons, but I prefer it much more during the heat of the day.

The rose accord in Cartier De Lune is light and watery in the opening, further complimented by a distinctive pink pepper note. It reminds me of a softer version of Annick Goutal's Rose Splendide.

The heart is a beautiful and crisp blend of rose, lily of the valley and honeysuckle. While the composition may be generic and predictable, I happen to find this simplistic blend wearable and very pleasing. I find anything complicated absolutely unbearable in the heat of Summer, so this fragrance is perfect.

I can't say that I can smell too much in the way of the juniper berries or the cyclamen. I do however detect a heavy dose of musk, sandalwood and pink pepper in the drydown, which turned out to be much nicer than I expected it to be.

All in all, this is a wonderful new release from the house of Cartier. I used to think that their classics had all the charm, but I'm happy to discover that their modern releases are just as delightful.

Both the longevity and sillage of Cartier De Lune were impressive, especially for that of an EDT. Don't be deterred by the mediocre packaging, this is an excellent fragrance that deserves more praise.

Originally written: July 08, 2012.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Restraining scent
Bevor I could start with writing "Cartier de Lune" has vanisched from my skin. The contents of the vial is already only a tiny rest, but I just want to know about this hiding fragrance in order to describe it.
First I identify "Cartier de Lune" as a minimalistical scent and with a short development.
There are appearing fresh green whiffs, a slight note of the typically linden-blossoms, which I like in every case. And additionally a wonderful light as well as silent and dainty blossom mixture is raising out of this and is laying down to the green fragance mix. A moment later it is changing a little bit into a cheerful, sweet honey and waxy direction. Nothing further more is happening with "Cartier de Lune"
Once I layed "Cartier de Lune" a second time it seems that the sillage became stronger and the longevity has enhanced, so I can rate this two items in a higher level. I am feeling about "Cartier de Lune" as a tender fragrance light and easy. Like a carefree and sunny morning during the early summer. A distinctive female perfume of course. Unfortunately the production of "Cartier de Lune" was already discontinued.

by Smitty
by Smitty
by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
by Shelynx
by Shelynx

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier