Déclaration (1998) Eau de Toilette

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) (Cartier)

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 1998. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Birch wood, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMugwort, Cardamom, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 23.09.2018

Love on the first Riecher
After Antaeus in the 80s, only one fragrance managed to completely capture me on the spot, and that was Déclaration - at the beginning of the millennium in a 2 ml tube thrown behind. It's too "special" to be everybody's darling, and on top of that it probably doesn't develop equally well on every skin, but it seemed to me from the beginning like it was only made for me. Anyone who thinks they can find pleasure in Déclaration on the basis of the ingredients should not be irritated by negative assessments and test the scent on the skin. Bad luck if it goes wrong, but a great experience if it "fits". Pleasing for vegans: according to Cartier customer service, Déclaration does not contain any substances of animal origin.
Bottle 2.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
Dr. Sommer helps
Questions everyone asks themselves.

The "explanation" is often the solution.

In addition the Best of from our editorship.
Dear Dr. Sommer Team,

i have a problem.
BEATE, 17:
Months ago, I slept with my boyfriend for the first time. But I've never had an orgasm before. I often had a great feeling, but I've never been really high. Some girls scream, even lose consciousness for seconds. Or isn't that the norm?

"Dear Beate,
if you want to scream at the same time, then please wear your friend Déclaration from Cartier. Here the scream comes almost by itself and also quite often one becomes unconscious. There is so much mugwort in it that flies to you in the beginning already around the ears, there you are also high of. First it looks fresh, but then it gets really bitter"

JULIAN,14:
Dear Dr. Sommer, I would like to sleep with my girlfriend for the first time soon. A buddy told me that the hymen bursts in the process. Now I'm afraid my parents will wake up from the bang and catch us!

"Dear Julian,
that's not a problem. Give your father a bottle of Cartier Déclaration. He will certainly show them to your mother and both of them will be so bad that they won't hear the bang at all." That stuff suddenly smells so bad like old curd soap and that lasts a while, they don't come from the toilet so fast."
ANNA, 15:
In my clique, girls talk a lot about sex. Recently, they've been talking about pretending to have an orgasm. But no one knew exactly how to do it. Can you tell us?

Dear Anna,
It's very simple. Wear a drop of Cartier Déclaration in bed and you'll make sounds that will be very similar. Wait especially if the oakmoss makes it really musty, but be careful not to take too much, otherwise you sound more like a shizophrenic monkey child."

EVA, 15:
I've had funny pimples downstairs for a while now. They're like the ones you sometimes have on your tongue. Is that something sick? I also smell awful of fish. Does this have something to do with this rash?

"Dear Eva,
don't worry, there's something from Rathiopharm, or you'll rub yourself right in with Déclaration from Cartier. The pimples will flee and you stink like an old musty curd soap, or floor wax in old barracks, what you have thrown on pepper and rot in the basement. But still better than fish,right?

Kevin, 13:
I've discovered something funny about myself and I don't know if it's all right. Recently I tried to satisfy myself and my penis jumped up and down on its own in a stiff state for quite a while. Why does my penis move by itself?

"Dear Kevin,
the hop is actually a consenting nod. You can turn that off, though. Just take a bottle of Déclaration from Cartier and just keep hitting it on your little friend. But be careful not to break it, the sweaty liquid on your boyfriend would make sure you won't have oral sex for the rest of your life."

Manfred, 36:
I still live with my mother and I've never had a girlfriend. Now I read that Cartier's Déclaration should be used to seduce women. Is that true?

"Dear Manfred,
that's right. You only need to throw a full bottle on the street, if you can't fall unconscious and still run into your house, you have a good chance. Just make sure it doesn't look like a poison gas attack. Oh, and send Mommy out on the street first, then you'll be storm-free."
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
Nice Designer
Declaration is proof that fragrance homes can produce quality perfumes. Voyage d'Hermes smells identical to this. However there are a couple of problems I have with the EDT version of Voyage.. Longevity is #1 & then it does not project much. Declaration on the other hand has very good projection & longevity.

It can be worn spring, summer, & fall in my opinion. That is where this fragrance really shines. Ginger, spices & citruses make a nice masculine quality scent. I would without a shadow of a doubt take this over Voyage d'Hermes.. Not saying that it is a bad scent, but compared to this it is not worthy. Cartier makes some of the best colognes in the world. If you have not tried this than stop messing around & get to it! ENJOY!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Influental
It's more than obvious that Ellena likes always to have in his portfolio something like Terre d'Hermes or Declaration. The twins of the same perfumer. In my opinion compared to Terre d'Hermes, Declaration is much more full bodied, substantial, with more note interplay and less synthetic. When Declaration hit the marker, it was the avantgarde of new perfume breed. Masterful put together, very balanced and harmonious. Role model for Terre d'Hermes or Narciso Rodriguez Bleu Noir. Great stuff.

Rating: 8/10
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
lovely
orange and leather all i feel and i love it very much .very fresh for hot summer days long lasting and very nice bottle.
Of Radiance and Filth
Déclaration, to me, is a master class in the powerful depth and utter, crystalline clarity that signifies the Ellena olfactory aesthetic. The opening smells of a bracing, exhilarating bigarade laced with just a whisper of artemesia. As the brilliant citrus warms on the skin I begin to pick up what I can only describe as the indecent spiciness of sun warmed after one's been working outside on a balmy summer's day. This could be attributed to either the citrus itself or the scintillating, radiant cumin. This joyous raunch intensifies for some time until the composition begins to become duskier, a creature of the nighttime. The citrus becomes almost unctuous among the simmering spices. What impresses me so much is that among all of these beauteous transitions it remains lucid, ebullient and surprisingly dry. It is at the same time both erotic and unpolluted, labyrinthine and boundless in simplicity. A testament to the expertise and vision of Monsieur Ellena.
Scent 7.0/10
Bon! not B.O.
I am a very girly girl, and I wear this in Spring, when I want my senses to be on high alert, with everything pert, alive, and *wait for it* organized! Yes, this scent makes you feel organized and focused, as if everything around you is in its proper place. To my nose, DECLARATION is a clean lime romp in the grass. A crisp white wine paired with tart green apples that leaves you salivating... on a man or woman, truly.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Elegant!
Declaration is a great fragrance, spicy and refreshing, where the cardamom plays the main role.

Smells classy, it's suitable for every occasion.

It's my office scent: subtle and elegant, and not offensive.

Be careful: sometimes smells like body odour, which aint a problem for me.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 2.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 4.0/10
Crayola Crayons Mixed With Body Odor...
I really wanted to like this one, as I am a huge Terre d'Hermes fan so when I heard this was made by Jean-Claude Ellena I was quite excited. Unfortunately the initial excitement yielded to stark reality rather quickly...

Declaration starts off very clean with its top notes, but to me, at least, this one develops quickly into a cardamom/cumin fest for the duration. I would have to say the overall accord reminds me of Crayola crayons mixed with BO... NOT a scent I would want to be around anyone else with (nor myself, for that matter). Certainly well made, but not for me at all. Longevity was average on my skin (wish it were briefer to be honest) as was projection. 1.5 to 2 stars out of 5.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Smell Like a Man, Man
Cartier DECLARATION offers the unmistakeable feeling of a masculine cologne (not unisex--I would never wear this myself). I do not find this to smell very natural, to be honest, but it smells like a well-blended--albeit synthetic--floral woody musk, with an emphasis on the second and third terms of the triad. When I say that this smells synthetic I am not criticizing the composition so much as stating a fact. In the realm of men's colognes, those which are not focused solely upon citrus and vetiver often share this synthetic vibe, at least to my nose.

My best guess is that the synthetic musks used in this eau de toilette are detectable to varying degrees by different people, which is why so many detractors are screaming "sweaty armpits" and the like. Unprompted, I would not have described this scent as a sweaty armpit facsimile, but if I concentrate on it long enough, I am able to imagine why someone might say such a thing. All in all, an interesting blend!

Elysium 10 months ago
I forgot how much I loved it till I decided to wear it this morning. Oh man, the citrus-spicy blend of orange and cardamom is so damn good!+2
Firasmalanzy 6 months ago
I love this scent very much it smell black pepper at the opening and soap when dried down, fresh and spicy perfume.+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 10.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
Spices (pepper, cardamom), birch, cedar and vetiver powdery form fine spicy-woody, yet cool freshness.+1
Bottle 7.5

• by Grazia by Grazia
  • by TomLavender by TomLavender
  • Zoll-Wasser ;-) by TomLavender
  • by Magdulenka by Magdulenka
  • links neuer Flakon, rechts alter Flakon mit spiegelverkehrter Schrift auf der Rückseite by Hasi
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by BlackbirdHH by BlackbirdHH
  • by BlackbirdHH by BlackbirdHH
  • by Sonjoschka by Sonjoschka

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier