Déclaration Parfum 2018

Déclaration Parfum by Cartier
Déclaration Parfum is a popular perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Oriental notes, Leather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.10.2020.

Spicebomb's older brother
Cardamon really stand-up, could be an older brother of spicebomb , the one which instead of partying went to college and are working in the office.
I really like how worm it is nice and how oriental notes are blending. A great one for causal Friday.
Salierie! Not Mozart!
The way to this fragrance was not so easy rather complicated.
With a note in my head I went again a round in one of the larger scent temples in my area and there he stood, top row, totally full of fat fingers on the bottle and almost empty.
You can guess it, I already had the feeling back then that it would be nothing with us!
The fragrance DNA was excellent, but the shelf life was only about two hours!
The bottle had probably been standing there in the top row for a long time, I guess the direct sunlight (glass temple) has affected it quite badly
So what do you do if you like the fragrance but have doubts about the actual quality, after all, the shop wanted to charge around 100 euros for the 100ml of perfume!
I am absolutely no friend of mine Snooping through the shop, getting advice and then shopping on the net!
But with this fragrance I did the same, the presentation and advice in the shop was unfortunately very bad and the price on the net was outrageously cheap, 49 Euros!
So it's practically a half blind buy!
With this price I took the risk, if it should not be a Mozart of fragrances - maybe at least a Salieri.

And what a Salieri it is, it is still difficult for me to describe this fragrance, because I love it as much as I have rarely taken a fragrance so close to my heart.
I could do without some of my fragrances but this one has become a part of me!
Hm, to describe love is really not easy although this fragrance is really not complex!
This scent doesn't want to be offensive, it wants to please.
He is not here, I am fragrance, no, you have to take another one.
He knocks on the door very easily, enters like a gentleman, has still learned what manners are.
Cardamom, powder, light spice, iris a touch of vanilla, wood!
In a mixture that leaves me speechless and in love again and again.
I think it fits perfectly into the autumn or just like now into the winter when it is not too cool, which unfortunately is no longer the case, so I can enjoy this special scent for a long time.
It should also be mentioned that I still do not know the original Cartier Declaration. But since he is seen quite controversially I have him on the list for some time.

Give this unique fragrance a chance, maybe it will conquer your heart, all love.

Emorandeira
Sweet and spicy leather to conquer the night
Here we are in front of one of my favourite perfumes. The notes that i feel the most innthis perfume are the cardamom, which gives to the perfume a very spicy character; bitter orange, not listed here but something which gives to the fragance a semi-sweet and fruity vibe; and leather, which gives to the perfume his sexy and masculine parte... I LOVE wearing this perfume when i meet with Friends for dinner or ti go to events at early night (like going to the cinema or to the theather), combining It with a leather jscket and jeans. I think this scent gives the final touch to this kind of casual look. During daytime It could be a bit too intense and for night out i thing we can loose parte of his character. For me the best creation of cartier...
Profumo
Why always so much cashmere, Mrs. Laurent?
Yeah, the scent's great.
Déclartion' has always been a great fragrance (at least in my opinion) and Mathilde Laurent, the head perfumer of Cartier, obviously doesn't see it any differently, otherwise she wouldn't pay so much attention to the DNA of the original fragrance in all the flanks she created.
The creator of the fragrance, which was launched more than 20 years ago, also considers it to be one of his best, according to his own statements.

A homage to 'Eau d'Hermès', the early masterpiece of Edmond Roudnitskas, which his pupil reinterpreted almost half a century later.
Unlike his teacher, Jean-Claude Ellena placed the basic character of his new fragrance more in the direction of a semi-oriental chypre fragrance and let the clear leather nuances of the Roudnitska fragrance take a back seat.
Mathilde Laurent now makes sure that exactly these leather notes appear more strongly again, which does not lead, however, to the fact that the new smell would change back a piece in the direction of 'Eau d'Hermès', no, she develops it further in the direction of her own fragrance fingerprint, and this is characterized above all by the frequent one of a fragrance, by Cashmeran.
Mathilde Laurent loves Cashmeran. In many of her creations it can be experienced in a rare quantity and unfolds beside all its wonderfully fragrant aspects unfortunately also its - at least for me - unpleasant sides.
But Mme Laurent is not the only one who enriches her formulas with an excess of cashmeran: François Demachy, for example, has also delighted his all-sided applauded 'Eau Sauvage Parfum' (also originally a Roudnitska fragrance) with it, as has Maurice Roucel his 'Dans tes bras'.
Mathilde Laurent herself has overloaded her own 'Roadster' with it, as well as the wonderful patchouli scent 'L'Heure Mysterieuse'.

Cashmeran can now be found quite wonderful, especially if you appreciate sweetish light woodsy nuances in combination with a distant musk-like skin note, but you can also quickly get annoyed by it - annoyed by all the synthetic caramel woodsy baby skin fluffiness.
Strangely enough, the cashmeran in 'Déclaration Parfum' doesn't bother me as much as in the Dior fragrance or in 'Roadster', because the base notes keep its light beige sweetness quite well in check. Nevertheless it is there, and unfortunately clearly recognizable. Especially the comparison with Ellena's 'Déclaration' makes it stand out.
At the moment I have his scent on the back of one hand and Mme Laurent's version on the other.

In itself, the perfume version is not bad: it is full-sounding, unfolds volume and a richly orchestrated depth, all pervaded by the familiar 'Déclaration' sound, but tuned darker, richer. The brighter sounding brilliance, the steel power and refinement of the original, however, she does not achieve.
That's no big deal, since 'Déclaration' perfume is in quite respectable company here: because similar to this supposed 'perfume' (probably an EdP) it's the same with other heavyweights like the already mentioned 'Eau Sauvage Parfum', but also 'Hèritage Eau de Parfum', 'Dior Homme Parfum', 'Fahrenheit Parfum', or 'PuH de Caron Impact' - all of them don't reach the class of their EdT-representatives.

Of course, it's all a matter of taste. Some prefer rather scent bolides in modernistic bloated style (Cashmeran, Ambroxan & Co...), but it's too loud for me, too SUV-like, too much sound generator pose.....
The original 'Déclaration' on the back of my other hand simply smells better: fresher, brighter, more refined. The for many so precarious spices, cardamom and a hint of cumin, come to better effect and the orange ripened to full beauty later in the 'Cologne Bigarade' can already be experienced here. Everything in a wonderful balance and not yet following Ellena's later minimalism command, evaporated beyond measure.
But also not disguised and glued by Mathilde Laurent's beloved Cashmeran. I must be glad that Mr Demachy didn't get his hands on the scent - probably he would have added more cashmeran and ambroxan to the formula and pumped it up to a farce of his own.
No, luckily 'Déclaration Parfum' is not a farce, but can be really seen.

So far, so la la...
A good fragrance, but not a superior one.
Outstanding is and remains the old 'Déclaration'.

Durability and projection are good, but no better than the original.
And the bottle is just as ugly...

Declaration...of love!
I'd never smelled before this fragrance , but this morining, while I was in one of my favourites drugstores of my town, I looked at this simple and very refined bottle recalling a gem or a watch signed Cartier and mainly to the colour of the scent: light brown and cloudy . On the bottle there was the writing "parfum" and I said to myself: this could be a bomb! I was right! I sprayed the scent and suddenly I was involved by a wonderful and intoxicating spicy cloud : the cardamom notes were so strong , harmonized with other oriental touches and a leathery base, so warm and sensual. I couldn't understand if it was a feminine or masculine scent because it was the perfect scent to share. On my skin I smelled all the range of oriental notes and the sillage was really divine.
i'm surprised to see that the bouquet is quite simple and not so rich, but the result is a true spicy bomb which last on teh skin for hours and hours. A true fall-winter delight .The price for a 100ml size is high but not impossible (Chanel's creations are more expensive, for example),perhaps also smaller sizes are available, but I usually recommend to buy the big bottle. This scent is a thue gem worthy of the Maison Cartier! I love it.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 64 days ago
Fresh opening with bergamot and cardamom. The drydown is spicy, balsamic, woodsy and leathery. Very manly scent.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 15 months ago
Cardamom, bitter Orange and leather, goodconcentration and mixed with lot of taste to make a perfume unique and with a very good performance
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 20 months ago
Very nice so far. I’ve only spritzed it on the back of my hand, so will have to delve further later. Was hooked up with the 18ml sample :)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
The best from the line! Beautiful and unique in the designer realm
Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
Love at first smell!Deeep, spicy, round, intoxicating. Wonderful for Heim and Her. Strong sillage and very refined bottle. A true gem.
FqjciorFqjcior 3 years ago
Signature Declaration accord wrapped in balsamic ambery tones similar to L'Envol EDP. Very nice varation on the classic theme. Good job!

by OvidiuH
by Naturescent
by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VIII: L'Heure Diaphane by Cartier Must de Cartier pour Homme Essence by Cartier