Déclaration d'Un Soir 2012

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier
Déclaration d'Un Soir is a perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
CuminCumin
PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmegNutmeg
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2021.

YsbrandYsbrand 9 years ago

„Twilight rose”

Dèclaration d´un soir is marketed as a spicy woody fragance, leaving out its more important floral character. On one hand, this is kind of sad, to see how the very...
ApiciusApicius 9 years ago

„Let's get naked...”

...for Cartier's new Déclaration d'un Soir! This outsandingly well done fragrance is so paradisical beautiful that you only should enjoy it in the state of innocence. The...
Italianstev
The paradox of the niche er designer world
Why is a "designer fragrance" always regarded with suspicion, when the same is almost idolized in the fashion and jewelry industry ? Somehow it eludes me the imagination when I separate niche and designer fragrances.
If one throws out a strict look here, then for example Ombre Nomade is a designer fragrance, and the 15€ fragrance of Rasasi a niche fragrance.
Or do you define niche fragrances by the performance ? Then, for example, Le Labo's - Bergamote 22 would be a grab in the loo.
Or can it be that one evaluates fragrances on the basis of their exotic DNA ? Then fragrances like Percival or Xerjoff's Nio would be just as a handle in the loo.
Can it be that one separates that on the basis of the price ?
Why do Tom Ford fragrances partly cost 400€, when a pure perfume house like Lorenzo Villoresi 100ml bottles for 150€ offers.
Is separated on the basis of the ingredients ? Then fragrances like orange blossom or nutmeg sage would have no place in the niche world...

Before I now digress further and ask questions of principle, I would like to devote myself to this wonderful niche or designer fragrance.

Déclaration d'Un Soir of the noble brand Cartier combines basically everything, with which one does not expect.
How should one explain to an outsider Bitteschön, as a pure (men's) fragrance feels, which smells with full force of roses?
For me, this fragrance composition per se hardly gave the opportunity to create any ideas.
Be that as it may, I have ersoukt me a filling of this fragrance, whereby I had first no requirements.
When the souk then arrived, I was already quite curious how my response will turn out.

To the fragrance:
The fragrance I feel as very high quality and unique, the durability can also be seen.
In the opening, you immediately get the magnificent rose bouquet projected, where I can perceive light pepper and nutmeg nuances.
The fragrance is against expectation very masculine, which is why I see this fragrance completely correctly categorized.
The further course is very linear and high-quality.

All in one, this is a high-quality, unique and wonderful fragrance, which also receives consistently good feedback in the environment.

Think me crazy, but Déclaration d'Un Soir is in my mind an absolute niche fragrance, with a unique character ;-)

Rquill67
Absolutely Brilliant and Understated Rose and Pepper Combo!
I watched many fragrance YouTube reviewers over the last three years, and everyone of them gushed over Cartier’s Declaration d'Un Soir. I’m pleased to state “they were correct!” I finally purchased this fragrance and it’s absolutely amazing!!!! The closest comparison to another fragrance would be Toy Boy. Cartier’s is less screech and more class. Longevity is good too. I’m not going to go into the notes; as there are many other reviews that have done that already; and I give this fragrance a solid 10 / 10. I highly recommend! I never paid attention to the House of Cartier and now I’m paying attention!

DoctorIon
A perfume for the son of "La Panthere" woman.
To me, "Declaration d'Un Soir" is very much "Cartier doing Guerlain".
It is a rose fragrance with a small dose of masculine freshness and it feels very French and classical.
I can't remember of anything similar on the market and while it is pleasant and distinct, it is also unusual for mainstream tastes, so I wouldn't suggest to buy it blindly.
It is beautiful however, and if you are familiar with "La Panthere" (the legendary Cartier perfume for the professional, elegant woman) let me tell you that "Declaration d'Un Soir" is the perfume, the son of that woman, wears.
Bedded on roses
I've had that scent on my wishlist for quite some time now. Now the time had come and I got it for a good offer.

What can I say, he's like a compliment and a beautiful gesture. He comes with a fresh breeze of roses. The rose dominates here very clearly and although the fragrance is very floral it can also be worn by men. I see him as a UNI fragrance. Since I like sweet and fresh scents I quickly realized that a sample had to be turned into the full size.

Silage is ok, could be a little stronger. Performance and durability also ok.
Very long lasting rose
You can smell very strongly of a rather artificial rose. The scent also lasts for a long time, but it becomes penetrating very quickly. For me rather a fragrance, for a somewhat older lady.
A woody rose with a very long durability.
Benedikt2019
"The time you lost for your rose, it makes your rose so important" (The Little Prince)
...I never thought that I would ever want to own a rose scent, but in this case it should be a great love, one that comes close to my love for the booklet quoted above!
Since the beginning of my perfume era, rose fragrances have sent a cold shiver down my spine. The fragrance, which at the time was considered purely feminine, was not really convincing in any men's perfume. Even the rose scents of Amouage didn't make it into my collection, although I'm very fond of this fragrance stable, but when I think of Poetry Man, I really get sick :D Well, what does this Cartier have that he should move in with me?
Quite simply, the rose it contains is beautifully bounded by the other fragrances and never manages to become too dominant and obtrusive. It is rather delicate, soft and velvety interwoven with the rest and shines out slightly here and there. All in all only a hazy impression of a rose can be noted. It is also a very sensual, romantic and playful yet masculine cuddly scent. It all sounds completely opposite, but it is not. In addition to the rose and the resulting floral impact, the Cartier has a beautiful fresh and spicy and above all tart base. This resonates the whole time and doesn't let the smeller think in his dreams that this could not be a men's scent. I would also like to add that pepper is not too present and you don't get a tingling in your nose. As a result, we have succeeded in creating a fragrance in which everything has been properly coordinated and you don't have the feeling that something dominates too much. By the way, I can't smell the sandalwood! Your?

Besides all the adulation about the fragrance itself, it must be added that it also has a fabulous performance. You can perceive it yourself for about 8 hours and the environment gets a blow from time to time, just fitting for such a fragrance concept. He is not too obtrusive, but you can hardly escape him. My guinea pigs have all been able to smell it.

The occasion is decisive:
I would like to emphasize, however, that this is not a fragrance for all seasons and times of the day. Especially in midsummer it can be very annoying to the environment - and to yourself! His concept is to seduce in the evening. Applied for autumnal-evening dinners, it is simply powerful and gives the wearer a mystical, seductive and self-determined aura. As already emphasized, it is a cuddly scent, but it remains distinctive and has a deliberately masculine effect. Lazy summer evenings and the beginning of early autumn seem to me to be ideal to wear the Cartier, but everyone has to judge for themselves ;)

Finally, I remain like the little prince: "The time you lost for your rose, it makes your rose so important"! Because that's how I got to know and love the fragrance, by testing it over and over again, and I had to realize, man, you really wear it a lot, it should probably move in with you.

To the rose! ;)
Granny Rose in your face
Since an elderly but very neat perfumery saleswoman suggested this fragrance to me as an insider tip in 2012, I feel somehow obliged to find it good. She said that a (taller, more masculine, hairier... - >that's what she said) man like me could very well wear a rose scent...

I didn't buy it for a while. But still I spray it on myself every time I'm in the perfumery, to find myself in their description of me.

Every time I see him, he reminds me of Grandma. Not my grandmother, I didn't seem to have a rose grandmother. But it smells like grandma; clean grandma, with smooth skin and well groomed hair. And I can understand the saleswoman, it could be horny and controversial if a (at least optically) very masculine man wears it full of self-confidence.

But somehow it doesn't go beyond synthetic rose, full fist in the beautiful face. The scent doesn't change even after 3 hours; still smells like freshly tracked down, as if you had a grinning grandma who can't lower her raised index finger onto your skin. I get sick of it after half an hour, simply because it is so penetrating and always stays clean and rosy, as if the day would end as it began, always the grinning grandma's face hanging from the neck
Rose can also be male!
One night... i ordered a perfume :D And what kind of perfume? First of all, I was quite skeptical that a rose perfume would be wearable for men. Sure, there are no genders in the fragrance world but despite all that: for me it sounded difficult to imagine at first - spoilers: Yes, this scent is also very wearable for men.

But let's start at the beginning: The scent itself isn't anything that's terribly creative right now. Rose, pepper and woods. This may not be the most extraordinary thing, but it works! I think that the ingredients harmonize well and create a beautiful rose scent
As far as the performance is concerned, I am quite satisfied. 6-8 hours on my skin are not uncommon and that after a few spray blasts (more on this at the end). The silage is ok in the first 2 hours, but there are some stronger projecting scents.

In my eyes, the fragrance can best be worn in mild temperatures, I am thinking of spring and autumn. Especially in spring I find the flowery scent somehow fitting. Concerning the situations for which this beautiful fragrance is suitable, I think most of all of leisure time as well as e.g. "going out in the evening". It is also suitable for work if used carefully.

As for cautious use: this fragrance is quickly oversprayed. 2 sprayers are sufficient, then it can take your breath away, unfortunately in the truest sense of the word, the fragrance becomes almost stuffy. This would be the biggest and actually the only real disadvantage.

All in all, the fragrance is a good, in my eyes more wearable for man and woman, rose scent, which is worth at least one sample at a price of 40 to 50 € (depending on the dealer even more)!
Salva
Ma chérie, est-ce que tu veux une rose?
Hello dear friends,

as my very first comment has recently been well received, I now venture to make my second. For this I have chosen the Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir EDT. Why this one? Well, come with me, I'll take you on my journey...

Well, first of all I would like to mention how much I like the French language and the country. Not least because of my first stay in the country in 2006, and since then I have been there several times. Just like about 6.5 years ago...

It's late summer 2013, I'm in my late 20s, have completed my training and am in the middle of my subsequent studies. Psychologically, I'm in a shitty state, I'm in some kind of early-life crisis... "Dude, you really need to get away from everything and everybody," I keep telling myself. What have I done? I took a semester off and flew to France, to Canet-en-Roussillon, a seaside resort in the south at the Spanish border... *superbe et fantastique*...
(Since I had done a 2-month internship there years before and I liked it so much, I decided to go there).

I flew in October 2013 and I rented a small 1-room holiday flat directly at the Mediterranean Sea for 1 month. The first morning I stood on the balcony... "It's crazy, back home it rains, the wind is 5 degrees... sun, beach, sea, 25 degrees..." I said to myself. And that's just what I needed...

I'm going out and take a little walk along the sea. Then I sit down in a small, chic café and treat myself to a petit déjeuner with croissant, café au lait, honey and jam... I am about to bite into my croissant and suddenly a wonderful smell comes up in my nose... "Cool, what or who is that?" I ask myself. At my next table, a couple, both in their mid-30s, locals... "Bonjour monsieur, ca va?" Yes, the French greet you wherever you go, polite people... I say hello back and listen to them a bit. Then a gust of wind and again this unique smell... "Okay, that must be them... Hmm, should I just ask?" I did it right away and complimented them on it. Answer: "O la la, merci beaucoup Monsieur! C'est Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir, très délicieux, n'est-ce pas?" It is the perfume of the gentleman... I reply, "Oui, Monsieur, je l'aime beaucoup." And to my surprise, he even has a little sample with him, which he gives me... I thank him and after a few minutes I moved on...

So, this was my first touch of this fragrance. But what happened next? Well, a few days later, I met a French woman, Caroline, a fine, beautiful young lady... At that time, I was far from being in the "perfume business" and only had the HB Bottled and Le Male from JPG, which I had taken with me... Then shortly before our first date: "Come on, you can't wear the Le Male now, everybody knows it anyway and in France even more boys" I said to myself... Well, then I took the sample from the gentleman and sprayed myself completely full of it... (were about 3-4 ml).

Well, I got another rose for her (note: I had no idea which notes this fragrance had, I didn't check it before or something! I waited and waited and waited... After about 20-30 minutes she arrived, hug, kisses left, right, left and she apologized several times, she was obviously embarrassed... Missed the bus... "Well, as long as she is there", was my thought...
I held the rose behind my back and handed it out. "Est-ce que tu veux ma rose?" I asked shyly. She was embarrassed, turned red, accepted it and thanked me. Then suddenly she hugged me again and I felt her smell on my neck and inhaled tiiiii deeply... She said how great I smelled, I pressed her to me and thought: "Yes man, she must like the scent :D..."
We got a sandwich for the road, went for a walk on the beach promenade and talked for hours, lying on the beach, with a view of the sea... At some point she was lying deep in my arms and stuck to my neck, and I just enjoyed the moment...
So, back in Germany :) Some years have passed... About 1.5 years ago I started to deal with fragrances more intensively and only a few months ago I accidentally came across this fragrance from Cartier again. I was at the Türkisen and saw the bottle, immediately I had of course flashbacks... "Oh, Caroline, ma chérie..." went straight through my head... I took the tester and sprayed twice on my wrist. Immediately, this fresh spice went up my nose... "Yes, man, that's exactly how he smelled then..."
I bought a big 100ml bottle and went home. But the tester stayed only 1h on my skin, I was quite disappointed (but I think it was the tester, which stood there in the light for too long). So in the evening I sprayed myself with the bought bottle and the shelf life was ok, good 5h. Sillage was well noticeable in the first 2h, after that it became weaker.

But why do I still rate the fragrance so well overall? I got an older batch online a few days ago (I used up my first one from Douglas) and couldn't be happier. It now lasts 8 hours and the sillage is brutal in the first 4 hours! People around you notice you very well. And after this brutal 4h I can still smell it on myself, which is very pleasant because of the sandalwood. I just love this spicy fresh top note with the cardamom, which also lasts for a long time. And when the rose comes out, in the combination with the sandalwood in the base note, then it's over for me...

Conclusion:
For many it may be feminine, but I would call it unisex and the spicy pepper makes it masculine enough for me to wear it. Translated, the perfume is called "Explanation of an evening/night", so you might think this one is meant for the evenings. Well, I also like to wear it during the day in my free time, because I find it really cool! And mMn you can wear it in every season. So a great allrounder!

Well, then we would have come to the end of it again. I notice, it's really fun to write comments here :) Hope you also enjoyed reading. Anyway, I thank each and every one of you and wish you all something!

VG, Savas
I can hardly breathe!
Definitely the worst perfume in my collection. The scent itself is fine. Woody rose, that's all. Though that thing takes your breath away so abnormally it's hardly wearable. It's not even strong enough to be justified. But even strong scents like Interlude or Rien Intense Incense don't take my breath away, so I'm 100% sure it's the artificial/cheap ingredients. It was nevertheless a valuable purchase, because it taught me how important it is that a fragrance should be based on natural ingredients as much as possible. I have no other perfume with such a problem as with this one...

TorkeTorke 1 year ago
Classy Rose, with a Sandalwood base. What a pleasure fragrance.

Light, but with a romantic twist.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Classy rose, very elegant and refined, longevity not great, in the dry down leans more mature for my tastes.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 years ago
I like this rose and sandalwood combination. Very classy. Is fresh and spicy at the top. Have some similarities do Portrait of a Lady, imo.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
A pepperish dark rose for you to enjoy 8 hours or more with 3 sprays. This is a rrr (real red rose) fragrance for men. And, yes it has rose.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
A rose which receives its originality through cypress-like / metallic nuances. However, it keeps its sensuality.

by Fresh21
by Fresh21
by Blödel
Durch diesen feinen Franzosen ist mir der Zugang zu Rosen-Düften gelungen und seitdem schätze und liebe ich sie abgöttisch...
by Salva
by MightyMike
by Scentist
by Scentist

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier La Panthère Parfum by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier pour Homme Essence by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier