Déclaration d'Un Soir 2012

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier
Déclaration d'Un Soir is a perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Cumin, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2020.

YsbrandYsbrand 8 years ago

„Twilight rose”

Dèclaration d´un soir is marketed as a spicy woody fragance, leaving out its more important floral character. On one hand, this is kind of sad, to see how the very...
ApiciusApicius 8 years ago

„Let's get naked...”

...for Cartier's new Déclaration d'un Soir! This outsandingly well done fragrance is so paradisical beautiful that you only should enjoy it in the state of innocence. The...
Very long lasting rose
You can smell very strongly of a rather artificial rose. The scent also lasts for a long time, but it becomes penetrating very quickly. For me rather a fragrance, for a somewhat older lady.
A woody rose with a very long durability.
Benedikt2019
"The time you lost for your rose, it makes your rose so important" (The Little Prince)
...I never thought that I would ever want to own a rose scent, but in this case it should be a great love, one that comes close to my love for the booklet quoted above!
Since the beginning of my perfume era, rose fragrances have sent a cold shiver down my spine. The fragrance, which at the time was considered purely feminine, was not really convincing in any men's perfume. Even the rose scents of Amouage didn't make it into my collection, although I'm very fond of this fragrance stable, but when I think of Poetry Man, I really get sick :D Well, what does this Cartier have that he should move in with me?
Quite simply, the rose it contains is beautifully bounded by the other fragrances and never manages to become too dominant and obtrusive. It is rather delicate, soft and velvety interwoven with the rest and shines out slightly here and there. All in all only a hazy impression of a rose can be noted. It is also a very sensual, romantic and playful yet masculine cuddly scent. It all sounds completely opposite, but it is not. In addition to the rose and the resulting floral impact, the Cartier has a beautiful fresh and spicy and above all tart base. This resonates the whole time and doesn't let the smeller think in his dreams that this could not be a men's scent. I would also like to add that pepper is not too present and you don't get a tingling in your nose. As a result, we have succeeded in creating a fragrance in which everything has been properly coordinated and you don't have the feeling that something dominates too much. By the way, I can't smell the sandalwood! Your?

Besides all the adulation about the fragrance itself, it must be added that it also has a fabulous performance. You can perceive it yourself for about 8 hours and the environment gets a blow from time to time, just fitting for such a fragrance concept. He is not too obtrusive, but you can hardly escape him. My guinea pigs have all been able to smell it.

The occasion is decisive:
I would like to emphasize, however, that this is not a fragrance for all seasons and times of the day. Especially in midsummer it can be very annoying to the environment - and to yourself! His concept is to seduce in the evening. Applied for autumnal-evening dinners, it is simply powerful and gives the wearer a mystical, seductive and self-determined aura. As already emphasized, it is a cuddly scent, but it remains distinctive and has a deliberately masculine effect. Lazy summer evenings and the beginning of early autumn seem to me to be ideal to wear the Cartier, but everyone has to judge for themselves ;)

Finally, I remain like the little prince: "The time you lost for your rose, it makes your rose so important"! Because that's how I got to know and love the fragrance, by testing it over and over again, and I had to realize, man, you really wear it a lot, it should probably move in with you.

To the rose! ;)
Granny Rose in your face
Since an elderly but very neat perfumery saleswoman suggested this fragrance to me as an insider tip in 2012, I feel somehow obliged to find it good. She said that a (taller, more masculine, hairier... - >that's what she said) man like me could very well wear a rose scent...

I didn't buy it for a while. But still I spray it on myself every time I'm in the perfumery, to find myself in their description of me.

Every time I see him, he reminds me of Grandma. Not my grandmother, I didn't seem to have a rose grandmother. But it smells like grandma; clean grandma, with smooth skin and well groomed hair. And I can understand the saleswoman, it could be horny and controversial if a (at least optically) very masculine man wears it full of self-confidence.

But somehow it doesn't go beyond synthetic rose, full fist in the beautiful face. The scent doesn't change even after 3 hours; still smells like freshly tracked down, as if you had a grinning grandma who can't lower her raised index finger onto your skin. I get sick of it after half an hour, simply because it is so penetrating and always stays clean and rosy, as if the day would end as it began, always the grinning grandma's face hanging from the neck
Rose can also be male!
One night... i ordered a perfume :D And what kind of perfume? First of all, I was quite skeptical that a rose perfume would be wearable for men. Sure, there are no genders in the fragrance world but despite all that: for me it sounded difficult to imagine at first - spoilers: Yes, this scent is also very wearable for men.

But let's start at the beginning: The scent itself isn't anything that's terribly creative right now. Rose, pepper and woods. This may not be the most extraordinary thing, but it works! I think that the ingredients harmonize well and create a beautiful rose scent
As far as the performance is concerned, I am quite satisfied. 6-8 hours on my skin are not uncommon and that after a few spray blasts (more on this at the end). The silage is ok in the first 2 hours, but there are some stronger projecting scents.

In my eyes, the fragrance can best be worn in mild temperatures, I am thinking of spring and autumn. Especially in spring I find the flowery scent somehow fitting. Concerning the situations for which this beautiful fragrance is suitable, I think most of all of leisure time as well as e.g. "going out in the evening". It is also suitable for work if used carefully.

As for cautious use: this fragrance is quickly oversprayed. 2 sprayers are sufficient, then it can take your breath away, unfortunately in the truest sense of the word, the fragrance becomes almost stuffy. This would be the biggest and actually the only real disadvantage.

All in all, the fragrance is a good, in my eyes more wearable for man and woman, rose scent, which is worth at least one sample at a price of 40 to 50 € (depending on the dealer even more)!
Salva
Ma chérie, est-ce que tu veux une rose?
Hello dear friends,

as my very first comment has recently been well received, I now venture to make my second. For this I have chosen the Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir EDT. Why this one? Well, come with me, I'll take you on my journey...

Well, first of all I would like to mention how much I like the French language and the country. Not least because of my first stay in the country in 2006, and since then I have been there several times. Just like about 6.5 years ago...

It's late summer 2013, I'm in my late 20s, have completed my training and am in the middle of my subsequent studies. Psychologically, I'm in a shitty state, I'm in some kind of early-life crisis... "Dude, you really need to get away from everything and everybody," I keep telling myself. What have I done? I took a semester off and flew to France, to Canet-en-Roussillon, a seaside resort in the south at the Spanish border... *superbe et fantastique*...
(Since I had done a 2-month internship there years before and I liked it so much, I decided to go there).

I flew in October 2013 and I rented a small 1-room holiday flat directly at the Mediterranean Sea for 1 month. The first morning I stood on the balcony... "It's crazy, back home it rains, the wind is 5 degrees... sun, beach, sea, 25 degrees..." I said to myself. And that's just what I needed...

I'm going out and take a little walk along the sea. Then I sit down in a small, chic café and treat myself to a petit déjeuner with croissant, café au lait, honey and jam... I am about to bite into my croissant and suddenly a wonderful smell comes up in my nose... "Cool, what or who is that?" I ask myself. At my next table, a couple, both in their mid-30s, locals... "Bonjour monsieur, ca va?" Yes, the French greet you wherever you go, polite people... I say hello back and listen to them a bit. Then a gust of wind and again this unique smell... "Okay, that must be them... Hmm, should I just ask?" I did it right away and complimented them on it. Answer: "O la la, merci beaucoup Monsieur! C'est Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir, très délicieux, n'est-ce pas?" It is the perfume of the gentleman... I reply, "Oui, Monsieur, je l'aime beaucoup." And to my surprise, he even has a little sample with him, which he gives me... I thank him and after a few minutes I moved on...

So, this was my first touch of this fragrance. But what happened next? Well, a few days later, I met a French woman, Caroline, a fine, beautiful young lady... At that time, I was far from being in the "perfume business" and only had the HB Bottled and Le Male from JPG, which I had taken with me... Then shortly before our first date: "Come on, you can't wear the Le Male now, everybody knows it anyway and in France even more boys" I said to myself... Well, then I took the sample from the gentleman and sprayed myself completely full of it... (were about 3-4 ml).

Well, I got another rose for her (note: I had no idea which notes this fragrance had, I didn't check it before or something! I waited and waited and waited... After about 20-30 minutes she arrived, hug, kisses left, right, left and she apologized several times, she was obviously embarrassed... Missed the bus... "Well, as long as she is there", was my thought...
I held the rose behind my back and handed it out. "Est-ce que tu veux ma rose?" I asked shyly. She was embarrassed, turned red, accepted it and thanked me. Then suddenly she hugged me again and I felt her smell on my neck and inhaled tiiiii deeply... She said how great I smelled, I pressed her to me and thought: "Yes man, she must like the scent :D..."
We got a sandwich for the road, went for a walk on the beach promenade and talked for hours, lying on the beach, with a view of the sea... At some point she was lying deep in my arms and stuck to my neck, and I just enjoyed the moment...
So, back in Germany :) Some years have passed... About 1.5 years ago I started to deal with fragrances more intensively and only a few months ago I accidentally came across this fragrance from Cartier again. I was at the Türkisen and saw the bottle, immediately I had of course flashbacks... "Oh, Caroline, ma chérie..." went straight through my head... I took the tester and sprayed twice on my wrist. Immediately, this fresh spice went up my nose... "Yes, man, that's exactly how he smelled then..."
I bought a big 100ml bottle and went home. But the tester stayed only 1h on my skin, I was quite disappointed (but I think it was the tester, which stood there in the light for too long). So in the evening I sprayed myself with the bought bottle and the shelf life was ok, good 5h. Sillage was well noticeable in the first 2h, after that it became weaker.

But why do I still rate the fragrance so well overall? I got an older batch online a few days ago (I used up my first one from Douglas) and couldn't be happier. It now lasts 8 hours and the sillage is brutal in the first 4 hours! People around you notice you very well. And after this brutal 4h I can still smell it on myself, which is very pleasant because of the sandalwood. I just love this spicy fresh top note with the cardamom, which also lasts for a long time. And when the rose comes out, in the combination with the sandalwood in the base note, then it's over for me...

Conclusion:
For many it may be feminine, but I would call it unisex and the spicy pepper makes it masculine enough for me to wear it. Translated, the perfume is called "Explanation of an evening/night", so you might think this one is meant for the evenings. Well, I also like to wear it during the day in my free time, because I find it really cool! And mMn you can wear it in every season. So a great allrounder!

Well, then we would have come to the end of it again. I notice, it's really fun to write comments here :) Hope you also enjoyed reading. Anyway, I thank each and every one of you and wish you all something!

VG, Savas
I can hardly breathe!
Definitely the worst perfume in my collection. The scent itself is fine. Woody rose, that's all. Though that thing takes your breath away so abnormally it's hardly wearable. It's not even strong enough to be justified. But even strong scents like Interlude or Rien Intense Incense don't take my breath away, so I'm 100% sure it's the artificial/cheap ingredients. It was nevertheless a valuable purchase, because it taught me how important it is that a fragrance should be based on natural ingredients as much as possible. I have no other perfume with such a problem as with this one...

Not for me..
I watched quite a few youtube reviews before pulling the trigger. I thought I might like it due to my like of Dior Homme Line but this definitely is not for me. The rose come across as being a bit too sweet for me. It is a masculine, fresh rose unlike Miss Dior or other femenine rose scent but I think I can't really pull this off.

I'll stay with my good ol' Iris note
My secret love
Yeah, I have to admit it: I got the scent treasure through Jeremy Fragrance. However, I do not find this at all reprehensible. Many young people have entered the world of fragrances through him, including myself. Even if not all of them inevitably go further into the non-world and "only" pick up one of the said pantydroppers or can openers, I would hardly have come across this perfume without it, especially since it is not available in many perfumeries. But now to the fragrance:

When I first smelled him, I couldn't believe it. The gentle rays of the afternoon winter sun fell into my room and that's exactly how I would describe the opening. One is greeted by a clear radiant rose. And my first thoughts immediately were: "Wow, I didn't expect that"
Then my brain tried to rationalize what I had just smelled and on the second one I had smelled it:
No, it's not so good, it smells like grandma with that spicy rose. I can already see her before my eyes, offering me tea and cookies while I sit on an old musty sofa and stare at the yellowed table cover with roses on it.
Wait, wait. That can't be. Then why the hell did Jeremy talk about a Romeo and Juliet fragrance when I have these associations. Then I think to myself, "Oh, come on. I just spray the stuff on myself. YOLO! D
And then I felt it again. This joy I had at the beginning and suddenly I felt like a million bucks!
That's why I'm trying to describe my view of the fragrance with a story, because without the component "emotion" it's just a monotonous rose:

I'm at a hippie fest somewhere in a beautiful green meadow. Everything is colourful and I meet my group of friends, whom I should get to know through a buddy. Somehow I feel a little uncomfortable in my skin. I'm just not used to the whole open-mindedness of people in my everyday life. And then there's the colorful things that people wear. Kind of weird and a little old-fashioned. Oh dear, what have I got myself into here. But then it is already too late and bump into the group. I am warmly welcomed and get a generous hug. One of the group asks me if I want something to drink and before I know it I have a fruity cocktail in my hand.
Then someone offers me a red pill. She smells of rose. I swallow it. And all of a sudden, I'm gone:
The sun wraps me in its warm light while I dance together with everyone. I feel the pleasantly fine sandalwood chips tingling under my feet. What I felt to be weird in the beginning now feels like coming home. I feel completely and simply comfortable in my skin. Everything is happening at once and I have the strange feeling that I am no longer acting myself, but that something is acting through me. I notice a tremendous stream of good feelings in me. While the Future-TechHouse-Beats pulsate through my body, the day came to an end. But the good mood was not over yet...
The next day at work I was more relaxed and energized than I had been in a long time. "What a day," I thought to myself. "I never thought it could be so beautiful!"

To all of you who have read up to here, first of all thank you very much!
Not only that it is a very sensitive scent, but also that a man can wear rose scents and that even in general this scent is well received, this one has proven to me all times. I also discovered my Favel for "rose scents" through him.
To all those who are still a little sceptical up to here, I recommend to give the fragrance a chance.
Especially if you like light, fresh scents. Especially for dates very suitable and simply something different, especially for all obsessive perfectionist idealists ;)

Dark, wet rose
A very masculine rose. A really big, hearty rose with a strong sandalwood backbone. I don't really get the rest of the spices on my skin. Good scent, but not really my favorite. To me, the rose felt of inferior quality.

That is, until I experimented by layering it with Dior Ambre Nuit. Both contrast and complement each other beautifully. Light and dark, sophistication and sexuality, class and crass, all at the same time. I definitely recommend trying out this combo!
Fresh21
... and it has made boom :-)
A whole 9 months of maturity has needed this comment after I first became intimate with this fragrance. Yes, quite comparable with a birth he now steps into the light of the public, and may please mankind with ...

S:a:g m:a:l, g:e:h:t's n:o:c:h?

No reason for you to meddle in Alter Ego again just because I'm getting all excited.

N:a:j:a, S:c:h:w:e:m:e:n g:e:h:t j:a w:o:h:l a:n:d:e:r:s.

Oh, what do you know, you sexless alien.

K:e:i:n:e D:i:s:k:r:e:d:i:t:i:e:r:u:n:g:e:s:c:h:l:e:c:h:t:s:l:o:s:e:r A:l:i:e:n:s, b:i:t:t:e!

OK, but then stay out of it.

R:o:g:e:r.

When I sprayed this Cartier on for the first time, it immediately reminded me of an experience about 15 years ago. I visited the Renault Technocentre with a colleague, and as we entered the entrance hall I blindly followed its shadow as I looked down and pulled out my business cards. Only when I arrived at the reception desk did I look up again, forward, and from that moment in two eyes as fascinating and as big as the snake Kaa. I was instantly;) hypnotized, rooted and shocked in love. This unbelievably beautiful creature stood opposite me with a distance of only 50-60 cm exactly at eye level, and I didn't even bring out a "umm" on her "Bonjour". So we just stood there and stared at each other ... she used to such moments for sure, I didn't.

N:e' T:t:t:e M:i:t:l:e:i:d g:e:f:l:l:i:g?

Nonsense, but something seems to be wrong :) when you are suddenly confronted live and in colour with a kind of "natural perfection" ;) which you have never encountered before in fields and meadows. And now to the core of things, because this obviously creates an unfamiliar emotion and mind split between please very close, and yet unapproachable - just like Déclaration d'un Soir for me ... And yes, that is also meant physically. Because closer than 50-60 cm, thus an arm length I cannot "bear" this beauty. In fact, this essence is a little unapproachable, strange and surreal for me - but still extremely attractive. Because of its strong sillage only two splashes on the back of the hand are enough for me, which guarantees the required distance. But then it is a dream (although I wear it so seldom that my 100ml will probably survive me clearly;-)

Unfortunately I can't describe this wonderful Déclaration d'un Soir as well as the previous speakers, because of the snake Kaa effect :) but also because I don't feel it so differentiated. It starts off explosively as an unusual mix of peppery spice and rose, in roughly equal proportions. There may be something slightly synthetic about it, but it is by no means disturbing. Cardamom clearly, cumin a little, but plenty of pepper, but nothing biting. Initially I notice something fruity, which makes the fragrance rounder, but fresher. This decreases in the first half hour slowly until it becomes sharper afterwards by the Muskat still a pinch, but at the same time also somewhat more sweetly. And this balancing act is his recipe for success, I think. On one side the "hardness" of the unapproachable sharpness, and on the other the proximity of the soft dark red rose that I have in mind. And so the smell remains for 7-8 hours, into which in the further quite linear smell process only a little sandalwood may mix itself.

Yes, that was indeed a long birth, to finally put my feeling of this fragrance into words. Because whenever the tenor of this commis once again had in mind, he disappeared again, ... actually somehow unapproachable :-) And yet I would like to recommend this extraordinary rose scent to the fair femininity ;-) in the hope that you can say
again
...and it did boom :-)

TorkeTorke 49 days ago
Classy Rose, with a Sandalwood base. What a pleasure fragrance.

Light, but with a romantic twist.
GreMuserGreMuser 93 days ago
Classy rose, very elegant and refined, longevity not great, in the dry down leans more mature for my tastes.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 21 months ago
I like this rose and sandalwood combination. Very classy. Is fresh and spicy at the top. Have some similarities do Portrait of a Lady, imo.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
A pepperish dark rose for you to enjoy 8 hours or more with 3 sprays. This is a rrr (real red rose) fragrance for men. And, yes it has rose.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
A rose which receives its originality through cypress-like / metallic nuances. However, it keeps its sensuality.

Das Bild zum Kommi ... aber SIE war noch schöner ;-)
by Fresh21
by Blödel
Durch diesen feinen Franzosen ist mir der Zugang zu Rosen-Düften gelungen und seitdem schätze und liebe ich sie abgöttisch...
by Salva
by MightyMike
by Scentist
by Scentist

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VIII: L'Heure Diaphane by Cartier