Eau de Cartier (2001)Eau de Toilette

Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
Flacon Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff
Compare Prices
Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) (Cartier)
Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) (Cartier)
Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Amber, Violet leaf, Violet, Yuzu, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.04.2017

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Clean violet
Violet and yuzu based scent thats very subtle and suitable for hot days.

Smells classy and clean. It's unisex.

My only complaint it's about the lasting power and projection which are weak.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
A Light Mist of Sea Spray Under the Mid-day Sun
EAU DE CARTIER is more of a light chypre than an aromatic fragrance to my nose, as the bergamot and lavender, usually loud in aromatic openings, are here rather low key. Instead, I find the dominant and persistent notes, curiously enough, to be coriander and a je ne sais quoi note--what I presume (ignorantly...) is yuzu? But the cedar-amber-musk-light patchouli amalgam in the drydown comes quickly enough to make this a quasi-linear scent.

Other reviewers have spoken of yachts, of which I unfortunately have no experience, but I do get the feeling of walking along the piers of a northshore town, perhaps Dunkirk, as this fragrance seems warm yet cool all at the same time--something like the feeling of a light mist of sea spray that has dried on one's face in the sun.

True to its intended market, EAU DE CARTIER is a unisex fragrance, with all that this implies, above all, a savory, even salty, rather than sweet or heavily floral demeanor. On my skin, EAU DE CARTIER has good lasting power and minimal sillage in the edt.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Clean, citrusy and masculine yuzu
For those that love refreshing citrus-based fragrances with that slight masculine touch - Eau de Cartier is for you.

I'm not a big citrus wearer. I prefer to smell it on others rather than on myself. However with that being said, Eau de Cartier is certainly lovely and fresh. Perfect for a hot Summer's day.

The yuzu is an interesting note. I first experienced it in Incanto Bliss by Salvatore Ferragamo, which I think I liked simply because of the yuzu note. So for those that aren't too thrilled with citrusy scents, do try something with yuzu in it and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Eau de Cartier is one of those everyday type of scents. On the skin it feels clean, subtle and comforting.

In some ways Eau de Cartier reminds me of Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. Possibly because of the citrusy opening and the cedary drydown. I do however love the patchouli note in this fragrance. It is spicy, earthy and delightful.

I did try to love this fragrance, however the masculine citrus note got in the way of that full-fledged love. The lasting power was rather weak as well, which only left me bitterly disappointed. However, as I mentioned previously, both men and women alike, those who love citrusy scents, will most likely love the classy Eau de Cartier.

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier