Eau de Cartier 2001 Eau de Toilette

Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

AmberAmber Violet leafViolet leaf VioletViolet YuzuYuzu CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.07.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Jd1
Very flowery, not suitable for every man
Every oud-seeker need not read further here. This is not the perfume that you clichédly associate with masculinity. But it is a very beautiful, thoughtful, fresh and flowery scent that suits men and women equally, if you go for it.

Indispensable in summer :)
Summer, sun, stay home!
Heh heh hey, my title rhymes a bit, but maybe it sounds a bit stuffy, but more about that later. Soo, welcome to a new fragrance comment from me. Most of you already know this fragrance, Eau de Cartier, or at least have seen it on the shelves from time to time. A mainstream scent that could often be ignored, because especially perfumas and perfumos are always looking for newer scents and probably the "normal people" out there in the world are more likely to use other scents. At least I have that feeling, as I hardly see any people at the Cartier stands. But I think that Cartier already has some really nice scents to offer.

Anyway, I got a sample of this fragrance from the dear Flaconesse, for which I am of course very grateful to her, even if she sometimes writes cheeky answers to my comments :D
The fragrance is perfect for warm days, as it comes across very fresh, but as always, you can find out in detail in my fragrance description. So let's get right to the fragrance!

Oh, and Flaconesse and you other ladies: You see, I can write despite warm days without hormonal fluctuations and I won't describe in detail how I saw a really cute girl in the distance queue in front of the pharmacy the other day, wearing a really short skirt, which blew dreamily during a light breeze... and no, these are no dirty fantasies... that just looks graceful and sexy, ha! …. DD
(really bad that nobody here believes me, argh... :D)

The smell:
The fragrance begins fresh with citrus and general green notes. By general I mean that you can smell this kind of green scent if you take (green) leaves in your hand, for example, and rub or even crush them between your fingers. It's a very nice scent that is created, similar to cut grass, at least if you like such scents.
Then you can smell the yuzu, which could have been a bit more sparkling, but it still has a nice smell and thus also fits to the fresh charisma of the fragrance. The violets also come into play quickly and radiate a nice, soft and powdery sweetness. Later it continues to smell mainly violet, although this is now more the main scent, as the yuzu becomes weaker and the green notes lose even more intensity. There is also a tart note, lavender, which at first seems to become more intense, but then turns into something as strong as violet.
At the base, the fragrance is the same as before, but the sweetish notes are a little stronger, which is due to the fact that the floral and sweet scents are now a little more reminiscent of tuberoses or similar flowers, in addition to violets. A little later, the background of the fragrance is still a bit woody, but all in all it remains sweet-floral-fresh. A nice scent.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is rather weak, so that one could perceive the scent, if at all, only from close up for a rather short time. Short is also the shelf life, because I could not smell it for that long. I think it was about three to four hours maximum, but the scent became quite weak shortly before half of this time.

The bottle! The bottle is cylindrical and clear. The brand name is printed on it in large cursive letters, which looks nice. The neck is chrome-plated and a chrome disc has been added just before the spray head. The cap is a simple closure, so the bottle looks even better without the plastic cap. A simple but nicely made bottle.

Conclusion:
Oookay, I'm betting that this scent will attract the attention of most people inconsequential. However, I think it smells quite nice the way it is, and it's a wonderful summer scent with its great fresh notes. It's a simple fragrance, but it's also more for the day, work or leisure. A fragrance that always goes on warm days and where you could just reach for the bottle without having to think about it for too long, because as I said before, it's very suitable for warm days.

I always find it a pity with such scents that they are so weak on the chest, but that's the way it is with most summer scents. Therefore, one can theoretically fill this scent into a small sample sprayer or pocket atomizer in order to spray it up from time to time.

A test is not necessarily a must now, but you could still "sacrifice" an arm for it at some point, because the smell is not bad, as I said.

Well, that's it. Yes I know, it's getting warmer and warmer now, so everybody wants to get out a lot more, but still take care of yourselves, distance rules, mask etc... you know what to do. Hence my title, even if you don't necessarily have to stay at home, don't get careless (and therefore stupid!),... we don't fuck up the summer because of our stupid actions! DD

As I said, watch out, especially now that many shops, including restaurants, are open again due to relaxation. Otherwise have a nice evening and see you next time :)

Eau de Cartier
I like complex fragrances. Those that take you down a meandering path or perform a couple of elegant pirouettes on the way to the to the drydown. Extra satisfying are those indecipherable ones that you mislead you to believe you’ve got them all figured out, yet still manage to play their trump card months after first spritzing them on. What a bliss!

And then there are those scented waters that, without much (or any, for that matter) ado, cut to the chase: what you smell is what you get. In a sense I appreciate this sort of honesty and although I feel a great deal more contented when fragrances abstain from hitting the fast-forward button, there are several instances in this category worthy a sniff.

“Eau de Cartier” is one such scent. Its purpose, it would seem, is to promote the concept of cleanliness entirely devoid of complexity. A silk-smooth ride down a straight path. Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as at least a hint of thought goes into the creation of such a… non-brainer. “Eau de Cartier” is a delicate mix of citruses and herbs, resting on a sheer musky base. I suspect it’s white musk, which is one of my least favourite notes in perfumery. Fortunately, its presence is toned down here, so the drydown lacks hissy tones. Yes, there’s a trace of a laundry detergent, but it’s kept in check. All in all, the whole composition is quite pleasant and fun to wear though it must be pointed out its projection and longevity border on abysmal. Despite this, who knows, I might give it a chance next summer… just for the heck of it!
Everything flows
This fragrance smells of pine forest soil in Tuscany, the mild autumn sun warms the back and a cool, salty wind blows around the head from the sea. It smells of cool terracotta floors, of pottery and leather goods, of lavender and rosemary along the dusty path to the pool, of freshly pressed olives, of pheasant hunting and of evenings with delicious, wonderful pasta in rustic trattorias with starched, snow-white tablecloths.
It also smells a bit like childhood, after rainy Saturday afternoons in the indoor pool, freshly showered, hair washed and, because it is so nice and warm, stood under the old-fashioned indoor hairdryer much longer than necessary to dry, back home, wrapped in the rough, washed-out children's terry bathrobe with dalmatian pattern.
For some perhaps a little water, for me wonderfully calming, comforting, refreshing, clear-headed, grounding and giving a feeling of security.
Clear transparency
I was curious about Eau de Cartier because of the previous comments, some of the descriptions had appealed to me very much. Another reason to be grateful to Parfumo, because I probably wouldn't have been aware of it in the perfumery!

For the attribute "Immergeher" (which I don't like at all, nothing ever works for everyone ...) the fragrance may be too special. Yeah, he'll probably always go with me, but he won't please everyone. I don't know if the scent is unisex. My husband has thankfully refused and finds him too easy in himself, but likes him a lot about me.

Eau de Cartier is not simply fresh, but absolutely clear. I don't necessarily find the scent cool, but due to the clarity it is still great for hot days. Transparency is a great characterization that I would like to borrow. Calmly and clearly he shows me the way through the day and provides for a clear head and a satisfied smile. Clear head and smile? Well, if it isn't office scent!

With me the scent lasts the morning long, then one could spray quite times, whereby I can still smell it in the evening on the skin, but just close to the body. Still a lot of substance for an eau. After spraying on for me actually one of my strongest smells, which does not mean much, however, because my smells are them on the lighter side.

The violet and violet leaf are already special. I actually thought I didn't like the violet leaf scent, I had tested B.Balenciaga once and thought that this was what bothered me and made me really uncomfortable. Here blossom and leaf come together and bring a wooded, harsh coolness, which is later accompanied by a very light and pleasant sweetness. Like one of those little violet pastilles, but not at all sweet, I wouldn't like that at all. Yuzu may provide a light freshness and juiciness and is probably also responsible for the beautiful transparency. But I can't smell anything citric. Amber and cedar wood may provide a supporting base and contribute harmoniously. But I can't see anything wooden either.
The durability is quite good with me. I can still sniff the violets after 10 hours. By the way, the fragrance doesn't go through much development with me and keeps the clear transparency from beginning to end, which is so good for me.

2 short views on the fragrance
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
Good violet leaf based scent. Slightly green and powdery, very fresh and likeable. Poor performance. 3/5
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
in its pure simplicity, it's a clean, refreshing and very refined edt to wear mainly in the hot season for its light sillage.Classy.

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère Parfum by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Must de Cartier pour Homme Essence by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Extrait de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier