Eau de Cartier (2001) Eau de Toilette

Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Amber, Violet leaf, Violet, Yuzu, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.09.2019

10.0/10

Everything flows
This fragrance smells of pine forest soil in Tuscany, the mild autumn sun warms the back and a cool, salty wind blows around the head from the sea. It smells of cool terracotta floors, of pottery and leather goods, of lavender and rosemary along the dusty path to the pool, of freshly pressed olives, of pheasant hunting and of evenings with delicious, wonderful pasta in rustic trattorias with starched, snow-white tablecloths.
It also smells a bit like childhood, after rainy Saturday afternoons in the indoor pool, freshly showered, hair washed and, because it is so nice and warm, stood under the old-fashioned indoor hairdryer much longer than necessary to dry, back home, wrapped in the rough, washed-out children's terry bathrobe with dalmatian pattern.
For some perhaps a little water, for me wonderfully calming, comforting, refreshing, clear-headed, grounding and giving a feeling of security.
8.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Clear transparency
I was curious about Eau de Cartier because of the previous comments, some of the descriptions had appealed to me very much. Another reason to be grateful to Parfumo, because I probably wouldn't have been aware of it in the perfumery!

For the attribute "Immergeher" (which I don't like at all, nothing ever works for everyone ...) the fragrance may be too special. Yeah, he'll probably always go with me, but he won't please everyone. I don't know if the scent is unisex. My husband has thankfully refused and finds him too easy in himself, but likes him a lot about me.

Eau de Cartier is not simply fresh, but absolutely clear. I don't necessarily find the scent cool, but due to the clarity it is still great for hot days. Transparency is a great characterization that I would like to borrow. Calmly and clearly he shows me the way through the day and provides for a clear head and a satisfied smile. Clear head and smile? Well, if it isn't office scent!

With me the scent lasts the morning long, then one could spray quite times, whereby I can still smell it in the evening on the skin, but just close to the body. Still a lot of substance for an eau. After spraying on for me actually one of my strongest smells, which does not mean much, however, because my smells are them on the lighter side.

The violet and violet leaf are already special. I actually thought I didn't like the violet leaf scent, I had tested B.Balenciaga once and thought that this was what bothered me and made me really uncomfortable. Here blossom and leaf come together and bring a wooded, harsh coolness, which is later accompanied by a very light and pleasant sweetness. Like one of those little violet pastilles, but not at all sweet, I wouldn't like that at all. Yuzu may provide a light freshness and juiciness and is probably also responsible for the beautiful transparency. But I can't smell anything citric. Amber and cedar wood may provide a supporting base and contribute harmoniously. But I can't see anything wooden either.
The durability is quite good with me. I can still sniff the violets after 10 hours. By the way, the fragrance doesn't go through much development with me and keeps the clear transparency from beginning to end, which is so good for me.
7.5 2.5 2.5 5.0/10

Clean violet
Violet and yuzu based scent thats very subtle and suitable for hot days.

Smells classy and clean. It's unisex.

My only complaint it's about the lasting power and projection which are weak.

Updated January 2014
10.0 2.5 2.5 6.0/10

A Light Mist of Sea Spray Under the Mid-day Sun
EAU DE CARTIER is more of a light chypre than an aromatic fragrance to my nose, as the bergamot and lavender, usually loud in aromatic openings, are here rather low key. Instead, I find the dominant and persistent notes, curiously enough, to be coriander and a je ne sais quoi note--what I presume (ignorantly...) is yuzu? But the cedar-amber-musk-light patchouli amalgam in the drydown comes quickly enough to make this a quasi-linear scent.

Other reviewers have spoken of yachts, of which I unfortunately have no experience, but I do get the feeling of walking along the piers of a northshore town, perhaps Dunkirk, as this fragrance seems warm yet cool all at the same time--something like the feeling of a light mist of sea spray that has dried on one's face in the sun.

True to its intended market, EAU DE CARTIER is a unisex fragrance, with all that this implies, above all, a savory, even salty, rather than sweet or heavily floral demeanor. On my skin, EAU DE CARTIER has good lasting power and minimal sillage in the edt.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Clean, citrusy and masculine yuzu
For those that love refreshing citrus-based fragrances with that slight masculine touch - Eau de Cartier is for you.

I'm not a big citrus wearer. I prefer to smell it on others rather than on myself. However with that being said, Eau de Cartier is certainly lovely and fresh. Perfect for a hot Summer's day.

The yuzu is an interesting note. I first experienced it in Incanto Bliss by Salvatore Ferragamo, which I think I liked simply because of the yuzu note. So for those that aren't too thrilled with citrusy scents, do try something with yuzu in it and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Eau de Cartier is one of those everyday type of scents. On the skin it feels clean, subtle and comforting.

In some ways Eau de Cartier reminds me of Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. Possibly because of the citrusy opening and the cedary drydown. I do however love the patchouli note in this fragrance. It is spicy, earthy and delightful.

I did try to love this fragrance, however the masculine citrus note got in the way of that full-fledged love. The lasting power was rather weak as well, which only left me bitterly disappointed. However, as I mentioned previously, both men and women alike, those who love citrusy scents, will most likely love the classy Eau de Cartier.

by Punx13
by Mcgeitner
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier