L'Envol (2016)Eau de Parfum

L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier
Bottle Design Cartier

L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-sweet. It is still in production.

Honey, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Musk, Iris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.03.2020.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Oh, honey!
Before I come to the description of this fragrance, I would like to briefly explain the circumstances that led me to own a bottle: The dear SctenPhantom sent me a still well filled bottle completely free of charge. Unsolicited on my part and completely selfless on his part! You can only experience this at Parfumo, thanks again for that!! :-)

I first came into contact with the fragrance through ScentPhantom, through his commentary on L'Envol. Then I read "Honey" and thought "Fie Deiwel!" Honey goes with me only in tea and really nowhere else, not on bread, not in milk and certainly not at all as "scent". It happened that I came to a perfume purchase to a sample of the Stöffchen and could make my own picture apart from the fragrances listed here. And yes, unfortunately, there is honey in here, a good deal of honey.
With Viking and Royal Mayfair, I now have two fragrances in my olfactory portfolio that have rose as a clear component. Not only has Rose not been able to convince me as a fragrance component, but she really repulsed me. Until I came upon the above scents. The rose is so beautifully integrated there that, supported or cushioned by all the other components, it looks beautiful. It's the same with the honey in this Cartier. The honey

The top note is not quite mine, as honey is too much in focus as a single player. After about ten minutes, darker tones and great musk are added, turning the honeybee hive into a sweet-woody floral masterpiece. The drydown is in my opinion the long lasting highlight of this great fragrance.
L'Envol has a classic smell in the broadest sense, but the honey gives it a companion that makes it stand out from the mass of classic men's fragrances. I almost imagine that I smell a very dark dior`sch Fahrenheit in a positive sense. Extremely delicious.

An extremely pleasing, strongly developing, faithful companion, which is most likely to be worn with "proper" clothing. L' Envol I do not get tired quickly, but as a leisure fragrance it would be too "bossy" for me.

Thanks for reading
9.0 4.0 5.0 7.0/10

L'Envol review
A relatively recent release from Cartier, I was very interested to try this well-liked scent. As I have enjoyed a lot of offerings from this house, my hopes were high in that I would be at least smelling something of quality

10.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10

The emperor's new clothes
When successful companies leave their successful paths and do not, as an old proverb recommends, stick to their last as shoemakers, this is often not crowned with success. Especially if you try to gain a foothold in a completely different profession (here: the world of fragrances) than the usual one (here: the world of high-quality jewellery).

As for Cartier. Has this succeeded again and again in the past and already in the last millennium fragrance creations such as Santos (based on the watches of the same name), Santos Sport and Pasha (which in my opinion is too badly removed on this website) have fascinated me and made me the wearer of the respective.

Now something new again. L'Envol Parfum. The bottle alone is worth seeing as it stands out pleasantly from the mass of inconspicuous, uniform and sometimes even loveless vessels. A statement, an eye catcher, a curiosity maker. They have always been able to do this with Cartier, extravagant flacons, jewellery designers who are not satisfied with an average result. Full score from me for this creation.

Disadvantage: such an appearance raises expectations. Just like with a proper looking person, the curiosity wants to be satisfied, what there is to discover behind the beautiful scenery. And where people's clothes fall to see if the bowl keeps what it promises, the moment of truth has come for a scent when the sprayer is activated.

The start almost blows me away, the fragrance is so intense. The mixture thunders my olfactory receptors to such an extent that I first have to take a breath. But what mixture? Smell it a second time, I discover amber notes. And feel easily reminded of Colonia Ambra of Acqua di Parma. With the big difference that with AdP everything runs a little more discreetly, more withdrawn. Here Ambra is the dominator and it's big time. After about 10 minutes, I hear slightly woody echoes that go very well with the amber. And that's it from my point of view, too. Amber, wood, ready. Sounds little, but is de facto very much, we are talking about a rather opulent scent. The rest is very linear. After two hours, it becomes a little sweeter, after which the previous note reasserts itself. A bit disappointing for me in the drydown, I expected more, it sounds more or less arbitrary and irrelevant.

I see the performance as shared. While the Sillage probably doesn't beam anyone away now (I didn't provoke any reaction in my - due to my scent spleen - quite sensitized environment), the shelf life of approx. 10 hours on the skin is quite good. The scent itself leaves well-trodden paths, I think that's good per se if a company has the courage to do something new, but I don't like to see a big litter a la Santos. A new jewel in the scented sky looks different, except for the bottle.
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

This flight ..
...I almost missed it.

I guess I missed that smell in the perfumeries.

At some point, here in the forum, I stumbled across this scent.

The comments and statements were slightly different. Nobody actually ripped it off. The average valuation is thus in the middle class. He's not that widespread in this round either.
The scents also don't read like that, so I thought about a test.

Actually, there were no reasons for me to include this fragrance, at least in the next round of Merk candidates.

A few months ago I got a sample of this scent under my nose.

I don't know what guaiac wood smells like. The fragrance reminds me of very warm beech wood in its initial stage. Musk and iris give it a certain freshness. This impression remains with me however only very briefly, since the honey brings itself immediately into this, really harmoniously composed, smell.
L'Envol doesn't really have a great course. The heart is essentially determined by wood and a very pleasant, not so sweet, honey. The iris and the musk make him alive. It has a balsamic warm effect.

Thus it remains perceptible on the skin for hours. After four to five hours, it then withdraws noticeably, but remains perceptible near the skin for a good four more hours
Only towards the end, I notice a little patchouli. The wood recedes and the scent sounds earthy and sweet.

The fragrance is simple and follows a similar pattern.

Head and heart notes merge very quickly and there are no surprises.

The bottle is extraordinary. The actual container for the fragrance is in another glass container, which stands out slightly from the floor. This is probably how the impression of floating should be created. With the refill version this impression is even more pronounced, here the container with the fragrance liquid is "hung up" in a plastic bell, there is no glass bottom underneath. If there are no reflections on the bell, it really gives the impression of floating. However, this version is somewhat fragile and not so stable.
The bottle also has no cap, by simply turning the ring on the spray head, it appears and can be used. Sealing takes place in the opposite direction

The slightly different fragrance that I am using more and more now in autumn as an alternative to Dior Homme or Prada L'Homme.

I am very grateful to Helena1411 for the sample of this fragrance. L'Envol was added to my collection without further detours like wish list or wish list. Without this rehearsal, I probably wouldn't have missed him until today, but now I don't want to miss him anymore.
10.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

Honey & iris
This fragance is an almost lineal honey & iris scent. You can feel both notes during most of the duración of the perfume. Patchouli, musk and gaiac Wood un the background giving a Woody and masculine vibe yo the perfume. It is nice to use at evening during cole or template weather. Not very good for nightout sonce It doent porject too much, It is more as a skin scent most of the time. A simple but very nice creation of laurente for cartier. Nice option for iris lovers.

L'ENVOL
It is possible to notice that from the bottle to the advertisement the jewerly brand Cartier spared no cost in what seems to be its new pillar within the male universe of fragrances - L'Envol de Cartier. It is rare to see a brand investing in this way for a public other than the female, but perhaps for the way the perfume seems to position the brand is targeting the users of the great sales success of its competitor Hermès. But the main difference is that while Terre d'Hermes was constructed as an iteration of the Declaration with a very clear woody mineral direction, L'envol is ambivalent from the target audience to the perfume itself.

The mental image that came to me as I reflected on L'Envol was that of an optical illusion figure that has several figures hidden within it, waiting to be revealed according to the perception of each one. L'Envol is both a fragrance of transparent honey and a perfume of sweet and iris or a violet scent with a light touch of leather a la Fahrenheit. Everything is within its aroma and it is curious how you can perceive each of these facets every time you apply L'Envol on the skin. They lead to a base that is also multifaceted and although harmonic is ambivalent in its nuances. Sometimes the mineral materials dominate and seem to produce a similar base between the Terre d'Hermes and the Marc Jacobs Bang. Other times, there is a slightly musky and foul musky that produces a ghostly touch of oud. Or was it perhaps a well-built use of Gaiac wood?
L'Envol just seems to want to be inconclusive, familiar enough that it is easy for its nuances to be grasped but distinct and complex enough to stand by itself. Its ambivalence certainly makes me think of perfume that has great potential to please the female audience and be a shared creation. It is a fragrance that at the very least requires a little more time to appreciate the beauty of its identity - which is both positive and negative points, depending on the expectations of each one to it.

Iris miel
Honeyed iris on a bare untreated wooden table.
Unisex but not girly, iris is big right now in the men's fragrance world yet this keeps itself grounded with musk/patchouli?

Good for various activities year 'round.

If you're into honey then step up and give this a try.

Emorandeira 8 months ago
Honey&iris with good longevity and average sillage. Nice & different. Good option for iris lovers
10.0
6.0
Carlitos01 16 months ago
Beautiful flask and amber color juice.
Honey sweetened! Its earthy and a bit animalic due to musk and patchouli. Very commendable perfume.+5
Hermesh 3 years ago
Starts green (violets?) and beautifully versatile. Then an old-fashioned musk-patchouli-combo comes and spoils the impression a little bit.+1
Rmf1112 4 years ago
The iris and musk combo with honey-patchouli is like an old lady in a headshop... But nice.+3
10.0

by Robbster
by Mikeaveli
by Mikeaveli

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier Eau Fine by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - XIII: La Treizième Heure by Cartier Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VIII: L'Heure Diaphane by Cartier