L'Envol 2017Eau de Toilette

L'Envol (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
L'Envol (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Citrus notes, Gaiac wood, Honey

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 29.11.2020.

Salva
Clarisse, ma chérie, let's fly.
Fly ma chérie, fly with me over the rooftops of Paris;
You and me both here,
je t'aime, cher Clarisse.

I prepared the breakfast buffet for you Your favorite croissant with honey we worked through the night,
You like it sweet and lemony
The window is open, a gust of wind lets your silky hair glide over my face;
i hope we stay together in good times and bad.

Clarisse, ma chérie, let's fly,
away from here to another place;
we both belong together and can only win,
You and me, nobody else on board [...]
Cartier, what beautiful treasures you bring out: your Déclarations, your Eau de Cartiers, your Pashas, your Must de Cartiers...
And this L'Envol EdT, which I discovered by chance during an order through a sample that came with it, is also a wonderful and fine fragrance. Best suited for warmer days it brings a smile to my sometimes tired face.

The sunny days have now left us for several months, but when the blossoms on the trees start to bloom again, the butterflies wander around, the bees circle around our sweets, the streets are full of good-humoured people, then his time has come.

It is marketed as men's water, but in my eyes it is totally unisex (which for me personally all fragrances are anyway, but this is a topic in itself...).
[...]

The Opening is a pure and juicy lemon, but surrounded by a spicy note that is not listed here. But I definitely smell spices out and so I found out during my research on fragrantica that there might be mugwort in the top note. "Hmm, I wasn't that wrong", I heard this information and felt confirmed.

The fragrance therefore begins fresh and spicy. At this point it is slightly bitter and tart, somewhat comparable to mint or juniper. The sweet and mild honey note, which makes the water run in your mouth, but immediately - shortly afterwards - resonates in the background. This combination lasts for a longer period of time, but the spicy nuance then quickly fades. So that afterwards an earthy-woody breeze from guaiac wood is added to this bitter-sweet and sweet-mild freshness. This breeze in turn is enveloped in musk, which is not listed here, but I personally perceive it Over the whole course of its life it is predominantly fresh and aromatic, woody and slightly sweet. It is spicy mMn only at the very beginning, later not anymore.

The few notes make L'Envol EdT a wonderful spring/summer scent in my eyes, but one that can also be worn super well on warmer autumn days. Whether during the day or in the evening, I think it is perfectly suitable for any time of day: At work, in your free time or in the evening to go out for dinner. Besides, it is also available for little money
For a "warm weather scent" it has a quite acceptable longevity. It sticks to my skin for about 5-6h and leaves a nice scent cloud in the first 1,5h, which then recedes and can be perceived for a few more hours.
Even though I think it would be best in the warmer season, I think you can spray it on colder days as well, if you like.
For me personally, however, he would probably be a bit "too fresh" on such days...
Conclusion:
In the meantime, I have also tested the EdP, which I find to be more "honey-heavy" and somewhat heavier, but still good overall. However, I personally like the fresh and spicy, woody and minimal sweet EdT variant even better. A really noble feel-good scent, which fortunately is not equipped with any bad synthetics and is of good quality. For me it comes pure, pure and natural.

This one makes me feel like a bird...
As a little boy (and adult still) I often wished to have two wings and just take off...
But this "flight" already transports me in its own way to another place... A place full of peace and quiet...
[...]
As always, I would like to thank everyone who has accompanied me so far!
2020Antiope
A chameleon in the bathroom....
Actually I just wanted to write a small, enthusiastic statement about Envol; but the course of the fragrance draws me with verve to the comments, even though I already took my hat off to Leporello, whose commentary already describes the fragrance in great detail.

Declared as a men's fragrance, Envol is increasingly advertised, albeit without much fuss, for the direction "unisex"; this made me curious and I decided to test it on my preferred candidate, my partner, and also on myself. At the same time.
The prelude immediately made me shake my head wildly determined; unisex? No way! Fresh and lively, but for me definitely masculine. Then, briskly afterwards, the wooden-sour note (unfortunately, I cannot sniff honey); finely floating, with lasting presence and beautiful intensity, emphasizing the elegant lightness of the composition. Unmistakably the signature of a great house, which has once again made a successful appearance with this fragrance!
I perceive Envol as a fragrance, which invites with superior understatement to manifest the personal motto of life.

For Uwe clearly and unambiguously still masculine and with determination immediately confiscated as "his"; what amused me and also a little surprised, because Uwe is in things
Smells rarely so definite, but rather relies on my nose.
Triumphantly leaving the bathroom with his "prey", I was left alone and decided to write a final statement for my/our scent experience after another sniff of myself. But far from it; this sniffing lasted the whole afternoon over and over again and also in the evening I couldn't let go. Damn, he is clever!
On my skin the scent developed a fresh earthiness, like you can smell it when you go into the forest after a summer rain but this sensation is not dominating but subliminally promising like a closed door that you open carefully to see what is behind it
I am over and over again and run over with "flying flags" into the camp of the Envol lovers!
AND I recommend this beautiful fragrance to all gentlemen who prefer a fresh, wooden, yet elegantly lively and very charming fragrance!

(Even if the clever little scent didn't make me clean out and sort out the wardrobe like Uwe, who spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out some wild t-shirts, jeans, army clothes and the like from his teen and twen years and making more space for his chinos and nice structured Lauren shirts.
Even two elegant suits are now hanging right at the front again........)
Leporello
Felt 120 years too late ...
or why Cartier seems to have a deep longing for the Belle Époque. At the beginning I would like to make it clear that I am a fan of Cartier fragrances. According to my nose, Cartier hasn't made a mistake in the men's segment yet. For me, Pasha, Santos and Déclaration are fragrances that are "safe" more than just to say "New German". In my opinion, L'Envol also joins the ranks of Cartier's great fragrances. I would also like to say in advance that I do not know the Eau de Parfum variant and so I cannot make a comparison between the two concentrations.

Admittedly, at the beginning of my tests (and yes L'Envol needed several tests to understand it) I was a little sceptical, I was told that I couldn't classify the fragrance at all and I wasn't sure what Cartier wanted to tell me with L'Envol. Even now that I am writing the commentary, I cannot say with any certainty that I have fully understood the fragrance. The problem of the most accurate classification of L'Envol begins immediately after spraying. My first, second and also felt tenth thought is still "that smells somehow extremely dignified and fallen out of time" closely followed by an incredulous look at the year of publication. People please don't want to crucify me, but thoughts like "that could also be a Guerlain around 1900" or "that's how the courtiers at Potsdam smelled" came to my mind. Now we have to explain how I came up with these thoughts and impressions.

Immediately after spraying I am struck by a rather strong hint of all kinds of citric notes, but far away from today's cleaning agents and cheap chemistry attitude, but rather in the manner of a fine eau de cologne from Italy or Spain paired with a good portion of powdery musk and fine hedge wood. Admittedly, that didn't impress me very much at first, you really don't reinvent the wheel and you don't need the "nimbus" of a luxury brand like Cartier. In short, the disappointment was great and I was not sure if it was a men's fragrance (which the fragrance simply is not, it is unisex par excellence). But what I smelled just ten minutes later has left me speechless and cannot be understood, measured by the scents mentioned above. I noticed and still perceive a wonderful oakmoss note on application, which reminds me (may I not be crucified) of the one in Mitsouko (Eau de Toilette). Immediately L'Envol put a broad smile on my face, a fragrance from 2017 with such a great oakmoss note, actually a thing of impossibility. Fortunately, this oakmoss note remains subliminal on my skin over the entire course of the fragrance and is alternately accompanied by shining citrus notes, fine woody notes and a light beeswax note similar to that of high-quality beeswax candles.

Immediately thoughts and pictures from the time of the Belle Époque come to my mind again. I smell and see large old building villas with wood panelled rooms in the ottoman, heavy curtains and candlesticks standing. The war still seems to be far away and yet the first bad signs are glowing on the horizon, while the hautevolee of the aristocracy and the upper middle classes devote themselves to the pleasure of big evening parties and kill time by parrying about the latest fashions and fragrances from Paris and Milan. Nevertheless L'Envol is for me less a scent for the big appearance, but rather a "quiet scent" for my own pleasure,
preferably in the fresh season of the year. Personally, I like to wear L'Envol on days that are not filled with appointments or work, but rather with peace and quiet, on days when you once again have time to play two or three hours of Bach at the piano, take an extensive walk through the city park, visit a good cafe or simply spend the day with a good book. However, one should not expect L'Envol to have a great fragrance, because after about twenty to thirty minutes the fragrance has settled on an aroma of citrus notes with fresh woody notes, beeswax candles and oak moss. However, the durability and Sillage is astonishing. L'Envol lasts on my skin more than eight hours and this with a pleasant immediately present Sillage.

Cartier and Madame Laurent deserve my respect for the courage with L'Envol to create a fragrance that is completely out of time with a clear retrospective attitude. Chapeau
Marquise27
Fine water for our best piece, whoever it is
At first tangy and fresh, it quickly becomes heavier, sweeter and more oriental. The honey has such a wonderfully pompous and sticky adherence, holds mega well. But do not misunderstand it is never unpleasant but always fine. It becomes body-hugging after an hour and no longer occupies such a large space. I like it well, it has something noble and fine, like a young as well as a mature man picture. I'm just saying, we girls like him. Wood and honey is a wonderful combination, each emphasizing the other which is the depth and good durability. It suits the best friend as a birthday present, the loveliest as a sexy cuddly scent, the mature gentleman as an underscore of a well-groomed and experienced personality or the brother who goes to a rock concert. For me a successful, warm scent which gives me the feeling of security, closeness and security. Cartier just makes beautiful scents
So woman can be wrong
I had a vial of Cartier L'envol with me when I bought it. Just the vial. I tried it today. It smells a bit sour fresh but somehow I have to sniff it again and again. Tempting! Now I thought I'd take a look at what the little scent costs, I see that it's actually a men's scent! Actually not bad, but my innermost ego then struggles with me to wear a men's scent. Now I will "bathe" my Menne in it if he smells so well with him, then I have the smell but somehow ;-)
It is an edt. and now still smells really intense.

KimJongKimJong 2 days ago
Scents like light fresh honeyed wine. If they had added cacao instead of honey, it would have been very similar to Guerlain L'Instant EDT.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
4.5
Bitter artemisia and sweet honey just don't get along in my book. To my nose this one is a "try before you buy" kind of scent.

by GratWanderer
by GratWanderer

Popular Cartier

Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - X: L'Heure Folle by Cartier Déclaration Parfum by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier Parfum by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Must de Cartier Gold by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud Radieux by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Parfum) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Oud by Cartier Baiser Volé (Extrait de Parfum) by Cartier