Le Baiser du Dragon (2003) Eau de Parfum

Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier

Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 2003. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAmaretto, Gardenia, Almond, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Musk, Rose, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Caramel, Patchouli, Chocolate, Vetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 16.09.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Minigolf
....And there they are YET!!....
...the fine surprises that you didn't expect. And with it scents that you haven't smelled so much yet. And the dreams that evoke such surprising, fine scents.
And the "kiss of the dragon" is one of those.
It is not only the scent alone, but the way it was composed.
"Le Baiser Du Dragon" begins with an almost indescribable mixture of fresh and almost "oily" fragrances that cause some confusion in my nose. Strange, yet strangely familiar.
I don't know where it's coming from. I guess it won't matter, but I'd like to know.
While I am fascinated and tense with the "top note", something creeps up, with flowers entwined, slightly powdery and warm and woody. All in one, it reinforces the subtly mysterious impression of "strange" familiarity. But the "post-inward research" does not bring any clarification.
It would be an understatement to simply call the fragrance "only good". Hardly any other activity prevents my nose from tracking down the strange Odeur at the moment. And no rationally conclusive explanation for its effect on me to get.
Still busy with this "whirl" of "head and heart notes", a "basic note" has already held in the middle of the action, which the "five elements" earth, wood, fire, metal and water recall in my memory. Nothing esoteric, simply the cornerstones of Traditional Chinese Medicine, with which I had been loosely occupied for a while, and about which I also have a well understandable book.
Earthen The Vetyver... to be quite clear. Fire stands for warm amber, air for subtle musk, metal, a little more difficult to locate...maybe the "Amaretto"? Irony fine reverberation.
Wood is patchouli and cedar, the "fire" behind it determines the flowers, which continue to permeate the fragrance for a long time.
Perhaps the "distant memory" that creeps up on me there is simply the harmony of the most diverse things, and that it is possible.
And a surprise that you can still find something like that.
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

StellaDiverF
Fiery kiss of amaretto and vetiver
Since the notes listed are so intriguing to me, I got myself a sample of EDP to give a try. However, there's no spray. I had to dab. Thus, it may affect certain aspects.

The opening is indeed a dragon's kiss, fierce and burning. I get a lot of Amaretto and almond. Plus the volatile components, I instantly become a sort of drunk. The gardenia and the neroli are barely detectable unless in a small whiff.

While the scent starts to dry down, the vetiver takes the leading role. And the fragrance smells woody and very very dry, like what's left after drinking a strong liqueur. At this stage, it's very masculine.

Then it continues to evolve. After about 2 hours, chocolate and caramel lead the scent to a more feminine direction. It becomes creamy. I can imagine the dragon finally calms down. The sweet notes are not overpowering, but soften the whole scent. At this point, it's more like a skin scent. However, I can still get a whiff of the yummy scent frome time to time. The longevity is at least 8h+ and the sillage is huge at the beginning but becomes very close once dries down.

It's a sophiscated fragrance with complete different stages. It can be fierce or tender. A marvellous statement accessory for an autumn or winter night.

Originally written in 2013
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Almond kiss
love this bitter, woody, booze almond goodness of a scent! This is a scent that you can afford to overspray, don't be shy or you won't get the longevity or full effect of the scent itself I feel. It's not overpowering it is like a kiss, a herbal, woody almond one that is gorgeous, so pleased to finally have this one in my collection!
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

MasterLi
As hot as dragon's breath...
Quite an interesting one! Quite sweet and boozy to me. I think it settles down into a strong patchouli, ambery, sweet kind of smell. At the same time it's not sweet enough to be "girly" but it still has a feminine edge to me. That being said. A man could certainly pull this off. Fragrances with liqueur notes such as amaretto are used in many perfumes regardless of gender.

Who would wear this? Again, this is a "power woman" scent. Someone who is in an position of responsibility and/or authority. It goes with a suit and definitely for boardroom meetings. The dry down to me can come across as masculine but it still stays sweet so I think this fragrance defies gender altogether really. One thing is for sure, this may not be a "jeans and t-shirt" kind of scent. Definitely for someone who is dressed up. This is a fragrance which you have to learn how to wear (with class and style), so wear it with respect... before it wears you. Elegant!
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Songs of the Past
My latest favourite (after a pause of a coupla years).
I use the edt for office wear (which office is that?) and the edp for parties (of whatever kind). The edt is ever so sophisticated with a decent mingling of vetiver, musk, almond and fresh cedar: bitter sweet and zesty, if that is a word in english. Longevity and sillage rather floating out the window, so spray accordingly before leaving the bathroom, or simply bring the stuff with you!
The edp makes my heart jump.
Here we are, and lets get going!
Sweet, dark, a chorus of 10 voices a capella in a bar, reviving a time so long ago I wasn't even born.
What more can I say?
10/10
10.0/10

It's been reissued!
EDITED for clarity:
I love this scent. I was devastated to learn it had been discontinued but I tracked down a bottle of the older EDP right before the relaunch (I also own a decant of the parfum, as well as a bottle of the EDT. Yes, I'm a Baiser du Dragon freak!). Then I come to find out that it has just been reissued (beginning of 2013- EDP only) and is now available at Nordies, Neiman, etc. It's sultry, rich, oriental, slightly masculine, but at the same time all woman. It's strong and has nice longevity and sillage. I love the nuttiness and boozy qualities. Just fabulous. Although I think it's more of a mature fragrance, I'm in my 20's and I love it! It's not as crazy big as something like Tabu, but it still has that sort of spicy, delicious but not gourmand, heavy, sexy feel to it. To me it's sort of the next generation of that type of scent. It's loud but not so "in your face" that you're afraid to wear it in public. And oddly enough, I do find a strange resemblance to Dior Addict in the drydown, but maybe that's just me :)
10.0/10

Pleasant surprise
I didn't think I was going to like this based on the notes but the name intrigued me and people raved about it so I decided I must try this perfume. It's actually quite pleasant. I don't care for woody fragrances and the cedar is quite obvious in this. However it is softened by a musk that is more like white musk. Amereto is also a note that can go wrong for me but it is softened by the almond and white flowers. I was afraid the patchouli/cedar combo would make this a very earthy fragrance but it isn't. The patchouli is softly in the background. Over all this is a well rounded, well blended, creamy, and almost powdery sweet scent with a woody, almost nutty quality. I'm sure the benzoin, caramel, and chocolate lend the creamy sweet quality to this fragrance. It's amazing to me how they took so many notes I don't care for and crafted it into such a pleasant perfume.

LiliumLibido
Subtlety disguised as a mythical monster
The sharp sting of the Amaretto reminds me more of a scorpion's sting than a dragon's fire, to be honest, but it is very nicely tamed by the gardenia/almond/neroli trio.
I find the rose more evident in the parfum, less so in the EDP, non existent in the EDT.
And I cannot find any chocolate or caramel anywhere in the fragrance development, lol.
I do find the other listed notes, though.

This perfume is a bit of a puzzler: It comes on all mutant-from-hell-on-meth and settles down into a cuddly, skin friendly pashmina wrap, nurturing and gentle, with the sparse, quiet mystery of a far eastern meditation room. There's a very zen like angle to this scent, and it has nothing to do with the bottle/packaging or the marketing.

I think that the almond note is not just any old almond, (there are hundreds if not thousands of various types of almond notes created in laboratories today, some all synthetic, some partially natural/synthetic, as well as a number of varieties of almonds, all imparting a slightly different aroma)
and this particular almond note conveys the density and texture of almonds, with an ever so slightly toasted feel to it.
And that, I believe, gives LBdD its tactile impression: I can smell the almond, but I can feel its velvety smoothness more clearly.
It creates an element of "clean but not sterile" throughout the composition.

In the end, this scent cozies up to the skin in nutty goodness, surprisingly mild and subtle, considering its shrill beginning. While I am not in the mood for it very often, there are those days when nothing else will do.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Exotic and bitter chocolate on a woodsy base
I've worn Le Baiser du Dragon for a little less than a day and my opinions keep chopping and changing. When I first sprayed it on my wrist, I got a dense and spicy mothball scent, so with that I put my sample up for swap immediately. Then I gave it a second chance an hour later, only to find the scent much changed, so I removed it from my swap list.

It's quite a boozy scent when it first hits the skin. It is most likely the amaretto note that makes Le Baiser du Dragon a little strong and alcoholic in the opening, and as result made me think this was a basic, uncomplicated fragrance before giving it a fair chance to develop.

The heart is much more promising. I smell a piney note, rich and dense like a pine forest, but upon further reflection, it may just be the blend of cedar, patchouli and amaretto. Dark, bitter chocolate makes an appearance every now and then with a soft caramel toffee accord, but they are in no way a big feature in this fragrance's composition.

Throughout its development, Le Baiser du Dragon becomes increasingly more and more spicy and resinous. The 'kiss of the dragon' is a suitable name for this fragrance. It's quite exotic, mystical and fiery. Supposedly it's considered by many men and women as intoxicating and sexy.

Le Baiser du Dragon isn't only for women. The spicy woods have a somewhat masculine edge that would possibly smell very pleasing on man's skin. The more I smell this fragrance, the more I'm convinced that I should keep wearing it, even be brave enough to wear it around my rather picky significant other.
7.5 10.0 7.0/10

An Incense Smoke Filled Brothel with Hanging Sheets of Beads as Doors
Dark, heavy, and viscous, Cartier LE BAISER DU DRAGON certainly delivers on the promise of its name. From the first intoxicating spritz, I was swept into oriental worlds far away.

LE BAISER DU DRAGON is Marlene Dietrich in the Casbah or Catherine Deneuve in the opium dens of Indochine. This is an incense-smoke-filled brothel with hanging sheets of beads as doors. This is intense sensuality somehow captured in a bottle.

To my nose, the gourmand notes have blended together with the wood, chypre, amber, musk and benzoin to create a viscous oriental oil with fatal attraction staying power and sillage. Beware where and around whom you wear this elixir!

Apply sparingly; one drop on each wrist will do: this edp is more like perfume!
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

A Kiss from a tame Dragon
A Kiss from a tame Dragon I whound
Put it but neverless sensual rules this
perfume. the Delectable Recipe of Amaretto Caramel Chocolate & Woods.
is pefect for bedtime Fantasies.
like walking though the back Allies
of Hong Kong with Red neon signs reflecting allover your body and you
see a famous very sexy martial arts
Actor And he askes you to come to his room and he slowly kisses you and you made love until the alarm clock rings
and you wake up. and realize it was all
a dream and you give thanks to

Le Baiser Du Dragon.

by EvaK
by Sevda
by Sevda

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier