Pasha de Cartier

Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier
Flacon Design: Alessandro Legovini
Where to buy?
Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) (Cartier)
Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Mandarin, Mint, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Rosewood, Alyssum
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Labdanum, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.02.2017

Bottle 9.0/10
Sillage 7.0/10
Longevity 7.0/10
Scent 6.5/10
Unique bottle, minty aroma and average smell.
Not sexy, not really sophisticated smelling, at least to me, but just a nice scent.

I guess I'm not that big into mint as I thought I was, the mint note is there throughout and up front.

Pasha by Cartier, the original one, actually has me thinking that this is more for the over 30 crowd.......a heavy oakmoss scent usually tends to do that.

My body chemistry tends to do well with allowing scents to hang around and project but this one was again, just average. Not that many reviews for this stuff, I guess I'm in the minority, some seem to rave about it but I wonder what their age is? If you go out and get this remember that oakmoss, mint and I believe caraway are the big notes here. Even though mint is here I can't picture this as a middle of summer scent.
A class apart.
Even though this is a classic from '92, I only recently acquired it. And since it was from the house of Cartier, I had high expectations. And man, it goes beyond! There's something about classics that just get me from the word go. They just knew how to make stuff back then. They knew their ingredients really well. And most importantly, I think, they cared about stuff. And more often than not stuff turned out great. Pasha de Cartier is a thoroughbred classic. An old-school woody aromatic fougere, pretty typical of the late 80's -early 90's style. Think Ysl Jazz, Tsar, 1881, Safari etc. Each of them was truly unique in very special ways but they had a lot of similarities too.

Pasha opens on a lemony-minty-tarry green note with loads of lavender to go. Initially a little tart and pungent, just for a minute maybe. Then it immediately starts to get smooth and dry, as you get whiffs of the coriander and oakmoss. It gets into the woody-spicy zone for a bit..still very dry but airy and breezy in a way. The initial citrus blast now toned down to just a subtle veil around the lavender & coriander. It's really beautiful to sense these stages go by. Very refined and mature. No theatrics whatsoever. And as the hours go by you can suddenly get wafts of creamy-dusty sandalwood and you know you have arrived.

Very masculine, very classy. In a way more reminiscent of older fragrances like Aramis or Azzaro PH, in certain aspects (not the notes). It flew right to the top of my most-used-perfumes list. If you like old-school fougeres you have to try this one. It's a class apart.

9/10

Hajuvana 67 days ago
I dig the minty-savory tension it opens with - like having curry with freshly brushed teeth. A pity the rest is technically Allure Homme.+2

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier