Roadster (2008) Eau de Toilette

Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier

Roadster (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Mint, Vetiver, Patchouli, Cashmere wood, Labdanum, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.08.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Aaronstar
Minty Vetiver, Minty Musk.
Right, I got it for the mint and I love it., Roadster is a classic Cartier scent for men, one that stands on its own in the masculine catalog. It has a mint note alive throughout the scent, the vetiver is also very strong to my nose, I do like the combination of mint and vetiver, there is a citrus zest coming from the bergamot, the vanilla, yes there is lively vanilla not that is slightly sweet and not caramelized, when the vanilla meets the mint is where I feel users mention the toothpaste aroma, but that is what it is and to me is where it becomes gourmand, a sort of mint candy sort of feel, sort of, like a soft mint candy, one that is pleasant and fresh, which I feel is not offensive but nice. The vetiver is very sexy and adds character, now the scent itself does not have leather or musk, but I sense strong leather and musk, I feel comes from the combination of very dark vetiver and laudanum, laudanum can become leathery, so these notes simulate musk and leather in a very strong way, and boy it is masculine. The bottle is absolutely great, it is very heavy, the cap is cool, and it reminds me of James Dean's silver car, James Dean, or some kind of classic car, it's impressive and masculine. The patch adds green freshness and the other woods make it more stable, overall it is a very bold perfume with freshness, musky, minty, woody, green, it's sexy, it's attractive, masculine.
Well up front and ahead in the mint for men section catalog, a scent for confident men, men who are rugged but also take concern for their image and hygiene. Men who care for themselves, men who brush their teeth, who take multiple showers in a day, men whose breath smells nice when they kiss you, their skin smells clean, that sort of men, but they still retain that animalic, musky nature about them, I love that sort of man, and this scent portrays that.
I like this scent and will get Pasha which is another minty Cartier scent for men, mint, and musk for men are just perfect note combinations for me, sexy indeed.
7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Very good
Nice vanilla + mint combo with a touch of vetiver. Very unique and smells great.

Great sillage and lasting power.

Suitable for summer/fall but can be used in colder months easily.

Updated January 2014
2.5 5.0 10.0 5.0/10

Drseid
Mint Toothpaste Trasitioning To Cedar And Vetiver Over Vanilla Equals This Roadster Is Going Nowhere...
The menthol-like toothpaste mint opening is interesting if not compelling with Roadster. The mint starts off more menthol, then switches to mint toothpaste shortly afterwards after about a few minutes on skin. The place where the scent fails though is when you get past the top notes and the minty toothpaste accord joins a vetiver and cedar combo in the heart of the scent. That combo is just too over the top in my opinion, and I find myself starting to dislike Roadster at this point. The mint recedes a bit in the base notes, but the cedar and vetiver remain, joined by an annoyingly powdery vanilla only mildly sweetened by a bit of patchouli. Roadster has average projection and superb longevity.

I love mint based scents when done right (a la Menthe Fraiche by Heeley), but I will swim against the tide in saying Roadster is just too much. The mint, while not my kind of mint is interesting I suppose, but mint vetiver, cedar... and powdery vanilla? Not something I like or can recommend. Roadster is not a bad scent really, but it is nowhere near praiseworthy, IMO. Me, I'll stick to the Heeley any day of the week... Roadster gets 2.5 stars out of 5 from me, and a very weak neutral rating. Blast right past this Roadster as fast as possible and don't look back, says I.
7.5 10.0 6.0/10

Minty Fresh Opening Cedes to Tedious Cedarish (Iso E Super?) Drydown
Cartier ROADSTER seems every bit as unisex to me as the Hermès Jardin series, and also very similar in spirit. The opening mint herbaceousness is really nice, and if I had tried this fragrance at a counter, I might have acquired a bottle on the spot.

After a few minutes, however, the minty herbs clear out, ceding to an Ellena-esque cedarish-vetiver drydown. This stage lasts forever--or so it seems, phenomenologically speaking. At this point, I am very much reminded of the drydown of UN JARDIN APRES LA MOUSSON, which I also find somewhat tiresome after only a short period of time.

In the end, although I am entirely convinced that ROADSTER is a unisex creation, it is not for me.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A beautiful blend of mint and vanilla
I know Roadster has had a few bad reviews, but in my opinion, this fragrance is very charming and sexy in a refreshing and clean sense. It can be worn in pretty much every season because it has this beautiful warmth and chilly freshness, that is absolutely captivating to my nose.

Roadster opens with green, zesty bergamot and a hint of crushed mint. It smells very Summery at first, but it soon develops into a warmer blend of earthy patchouli, aromatic herbs, dry vetiver and vanilla. It has an almost creamy quality, like the scent of a masculine moisturiser.

It's beautifully inoffensive and wonderfully soothing. I find it very compelling, and I'll be honest and say that I would be very aroused if I came across a man that tried to seduce me by wearing this. It's almost delicious and foody in a way too, which is probably partly due to the creamy vanilla accord.

I really admire the house of Cartier. They make some very classy, unique and memorable fragrances for men that I can't help loving. It reminds me a little bit of Emporio Armani White for Men and Kenzo Power, as it has that familiar clean yet seductive feel.

The longevity is extraordinarily good, as is the sillage which is mostly intimate, but occasionally leaves a trail. I love this fragrance's smoothness and simplicity, and for that alone I recommend Roadster to anyone, women included.

Hajuvana 3 years ago
If you're looking for mint, keep looking. Roadster is more of an abstraction with 'Thinking Man's Acqua di Gio' written all over it.+1
6.0

by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier