So Pretty (1995) Eau de Parfum

So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier
Bottle Design: Joel Desgrippes

So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jean Guichard

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blackberry, Mandarin, Neroli, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.10.2019

8.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

So pretty - so happy
Well... after a long hesitation... i finally want to write a comment again. It's not easy for me, because I look up admiringly at the writers who write wonderful comments, who can describe fragrances in detail and simply find the right words.

So Pretty got me back. So Pretty I had many years ago. Now I could get him in the souk and had to look for him in the bay.

So Pretty meets me after all these years exactly the way I remember him. Neroli and peach rob me of my mind in the first few minutes. I'm blown away. After a while, my beloved Iris appears. I don't notice Rose. Lily of the valley? Yes. Can't take it anymore.
It does indeed remind me, as some people before me have mentioned, of No. 19. So pretty is more sweet and yet grown-up.
Oak moss written fat in the pyramid? Mmmhh.... not for me. But in the base a lot of sandalwood and vetiver.
With this scent I feel feminine but not well-behaved. The durability is excellent.
For me it smells modern, and would also fit very well into today's shelves. My lack of understanding why this fragrance was discontinued is enormous.
A really big flower chypre!!!!!!!!!!

7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Feminine richness
I have gone on to reviewing So Pretty shortly after smelling Guerlain's Mitsouko, and interestingly enough I find them both slightly similar.

So Pretty is much fruitier of course, however they are both relatively dry scents with a likable bitterness.

A little heavy, but certainly not unpleasant, So Pretty is actually a fragrance I've been trying to track down for years. Classic scents always intrigue me, and So Pretty has not left me disappointed.

The most dominant notes to my nose tends to be the tarty rose, orchid, peach and blackberry. It has a somewhat feminine richness, that gives this fragrance an elegant and sophisticated vibe.

Despite this fragrance being a little dated these days and also difficult to find, I would encourage many young people to go out and test this fragrance while you still can.

There aren't many fragrances like this still around. Forget the soapy and overly sweetened fruity florals of today, So Pretty re-defines fruits and flowers. With excellent sillage and lasting strength, I highly recommend So Pretty.

by Zora
by Schahram
by Digindirt
by Digindirt

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier