So Pretty (1995) Eau de Parfum

So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier
Bottle Design Joel Desgrippes

So Pretty (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Cartier for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jean Guichard

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blackberry, Mandarin, Neroli, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.11.2019.

7.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

A scent to be pretty?
Hello! D
... I have to admit that I just have to hold back a little on this comment. As you know of me recently, I often talk about women's fragrances, well, ladies and so on :D
And how pretty, or sweet, or tasty, or hot, or sexy you could look with certain scents. And now I have here a scent from Cartier called "So Pretty". So "Sooo pretty" :D

So, you want to look pretty? Of course you would now have to answer "Is that supposed to mean that we're not pretty at all?" so that I'm totally speechless and look like a fool and everything becomes so embarrassing for me. But... you wouldn't do that to me, would you? Of course you would! You beasts! Biiiiiiester... but okay, I'm not (yet) getting into it here, hey hey.

In any case, the Cartier fragrance is a brand that, by the way, has quite a few nice fragrances to offer and is always worth a test. This is also true for this fragrance here, which is not unusual, but already has its nice sides and some might like it.

The fragrance:
The fragrance is initially powdery-sweet and has a light, classic aura of bergamot and neroli. In addition there are fruity peaches and flowery sweet lilies of the valley. Iris is the powdery scent, which you can perceive very well and which also makes the scent very feminine, Iris root on the other hand you smell a little less (because this scent often seems to me like juicy, grated carrots, which you can't smell here).
The powdery aura remains quite strong throughout the world, making the fragrance pleasantly soft, powdery and creamy. But also the classic touch is still good to hear, especially by the (weak) oak moss.
A little later, the fragrance becomes a little more opulent with the now more intense, floral notes. There are some muggy and therefore exhausting smells like orchid on everyone, and these heavier flowery notes also remind a little of ylang-ylang, even if this should not be indicated. Although this is something that always bothers me personally with flowery scents, as it makes me feel a little overwhelmed, I think these scents will hardly matter to you.
Anyway, the fragrance in the base remains quite flowery, sweet-powdery and a bit sultry and smells quite nice on the whole, whereby I personally liked the beginning of the fragrance much better than the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is okay, not too strong, but not too weak either. So he'll be sniffing you for a while! The shelf life is quite good as the fragrance lasts longer than ten hours.

The bottle:
The bottle with the rather thick base is cylindrical and slightly inflated. There is no label because the name is printed on the bottle. The neck is gold-plated and the golden and round lid is placed on it. A nice bottle.

Okay, so the scent here is nice. It may not please everyone these days as it has this classic 80's/90's touch, which can be seen from scents like oakmoss and so on, but it still smells nice. It is also possible that such fragrances were worn by younger people at that time, today girls in the 20s will probably use it less. Didn't I? I don't know anything about women, you tell me! D

Anyway, it's worth a test, because it's solid, doesn't smell synthetic, has a nice feminine touch and comes across soft and soft and therefore a little cuddly (although not as cuddly as fragrances with vanilla and benzoin etc.). Sure, I myself would have liked the flowery notes to have been a little less exhausting, but as I wrote, I'm sure this won't bother you ladies any more.

It is almost always usable, except in hot summer. It is just as suitable as an everyday scent as it is for going out. But do you also look pretty with the scent? Or do we say prettier??
Well, ask me something else. The sultriness of the fragrance is a little too overwhelming for me, so I would normally recommend something else :D Something sweeter, loose, biteable... :DD

Well then, that's it again, so I wish you a nice evening, and see you next time :)
8.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

So pretty - so happy
Well... after a long hesitation... i finally want to write a comment again. It's not easy for me, because I look up admiringly at the writers who write wonderful comments, who can describe fragrances in detail and simply find the right words.

So Pretty got me back. So Pretty I had many years ago. Now I could get him in the souk and had to look for him in the bay.

So Pretty meets me after all these years exactly the way I remember him. Neroli and peach rob me of my mind in the first few minutes. I'm blown away. After a while, my beloved Iris appears. I don't notice Rose. Lily of the valley? Yes. Can't take it anymore.
It does indeed remind me, as some people before me have mentioned, of No. 19. So pretty is more sweet and yet grown-up.
Oak moss written fat in the pyramid? Mmmhh.... not for me. But in the base a lot of sandalwood and vetiver.
With this scent I feel feminine but not well-behaved. The durability is excellent.
For me it smells modern, and would also fit very well into today's shelves. My lack of understanding why this fragrance was discontinued is enormous.
A really big flower chypre!!!!!!!!!!

7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Feminine richness
I have gone on to reviewing So Pretty shortly after smelling Guerlain's Mitsouko, and interestingly enough I find them both slightly similar.

So Pretty is much fruitier of course, however they are both relatively dry scents with a likable bitterness.

A little heavy, but certainly not unpleasant, So Pretty is actually a fragrance I've been trying to track down for years. Classic scents always intrigue me, and So Pretty has not left me disappointed.

The most dominant notes to my nose tends to be the tarty rose, orchid, peach and blackberry. It has a somewhat feminine richness, that gives this fragrance an elegant and sophisticated vibe.

Despite this fragrance being a little dated these days and also difficult to find, I would encourage many young people to go out and test this fragrance while you still can.

There aren't many fragrances like this still around. Forget the soapy and overly sweetened fruity florals of today, So Pretty re-defines fruits and flowers. With excellent sillage and lasting strength, I highly recommend So Pretty.

by Zora
by Schahram
by Digindirt
by Digindirt

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier