L'Envol Parfum (2019)

L'Envol Parfum by Cartier
Bottle Design Cartier

L'Envol Parfum is a new perfume by Cartier for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-powdery. The longevity is above-average.

Amber, Gaiac wood, Ambrosia

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.12.2019.

10.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10

The emperor's new clothes
When successful companies leave their successful paths and do not, as an old proverb recommends, stick to their last as shoemakers, this is often not crowned with success. Especially if you try to gain a foothold in a completely different profession (here: the world of fragrances) than the usual one (here: the world of high-quality jewellery).

As for Cartier. Has this succeeded again and again in the past and already in the last millennium fragrance creations such as Santos (based on the watches of the same name), Santos Sport and Pasha (which in my opinion is too badly removed on this website) have fascinated me and made me the wearer of the respective.

Now something new again. L'Envol Parfum. The bottle alone is worth seeing as it stands out pleasantly from the mass of inconspicuous, uniform and sometimes even loveless vessels. A statement, an eye catcher, a curiosity maker. They have always been able to do this with Cartier, extravagant flacons, jewellery designers who are not satisfied with an average result. Full score from me for this creation.

Disadvantage: such an appearance raises expectations. Just like with a proper looking person, the curiosity wants to be satisfied, what there is to discover behind the beautiful scenery. And where people's clothes fall to see if the bowl keeps what it promises, the moment of truth has come for a scent when the sprayer is activated.

The start almost blows me away, the fragrance is so intense. The mixture thunders my olfactory receptors to such an extent that I first have to take a breath. But what mixture? Smell it a second time, I discover amber notes. And feel easily reminded of Colonia Ambra of Acqua di Parma. With the big difference that with AdP everything runs a little more discreetly, more withdrawn. Here Ambra is the dominator and it's big time. After about 10 minutes, I hear slightly woody echoes that go very well with the amber. And that's it from my point of view, too. Amber, wood, ready. Sounds little, but is de facto very much, we are talking about a rather opulent scent. The rest is very linear. After two hours, it becomes a little sweeter, after which the previous note reasserts itself. A bit disappointing for me in the drydown, I expected more, it sounds more or less arbitrary and irrelevant.

I see the performance as shared. While the Sillage probably doesn't beam anyone away now (I didn't provoke any reaction in my - due to my scent spleen - quite sensitized environment), the shelf life of approx. 10 hours on the skin is quite good. The scent itself leaves well-trodden paths, I think that's good per se if a company has the courage to do something new, but I don't like to see a big litter a la Santos. A new jewel in the scented sky looks different, except for the bottle.

Popular Cartier

Déclaration (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier La Panthère (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier Must de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Santos (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier L'Envol (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon (Eau de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Cartier de Lune by Cartier Roadster (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Pasha de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Délices de Cartier (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Panthère de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier Les Heures de Parfum - VII: L'Heure Défendue by Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier Roadster Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Cartier Baiser Volé (Essence de Parfum) by Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois by Cartier Must de Cartier (Parfum) by Cartier