L'Eau Intense (2016)

L'Eau Intense by Carven
Bottle Design: Thierry de Bashmakoff
L'Eau Intense (Carven)
L'Eau Intense is a perfume by Carven for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Italian lemon, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch leaf, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesAmbery woods, Ginger, Cardamom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 07.09.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
A fizzy, bubbling, minty, citrusy, fresh and clean burst
Today I was desperate to make a wrotten vegetables sickly smell disappear. I caught it on the sidewalk as I was about to get into my office. The smell was so bad that my stomach was totally upset. What a giant nausea!
I remembered then that I had left my summer Carven at the office.
As soon as I reached my space, I picked up the white bottle of L'Eau Intense and applied 2 sprays on my chest and one into the air that formed a cloud of droplets around me.
........ inbreathe fresh air ........
Wow! A fizzy, bubbling, minty, citrusy, fresh and clean burst. It did work, and a lot better and faster than rolaids. Suddenly a sentence arised to my mind: "Carven!.... that's how you spell relief!" (N)
Of course I don't advise you to use L'Eau Intense as an air freshner, nor rolaids to cure bad scents!

Carven L'Eau Intense is positioned in the same market segment as Invictus Aqua, Eros, Legend Spirit, Icon Racing or Hawas. Nevertheless it's not similar to any of them. L'Eau Intense is woodier (deep forest scent), fresher, less sweet and greener. The initial clean scent gets a little dirtier later on, probably due to the birch note. The lavender you get during the development is nice and strong as well.
The drydown it's rather common and you get some cardamom with amber, and unidentified woods. Its greeness endures in all development stages.
It's a very nice scent but with a polarity of the hate/love kind. i like very much to use it with warm weather when I am in the mood of using a less sweet scent. Longevity and Sillage are a bit above average for this type of fragrance.

How does L'Eau Intense copes with ratings?
- Scent opening............8.0
- Scent Dry Down.........7.0
- Longevity....................7.5 (up to 7 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peaks up to 5 feet; projects heavily for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility....................7.0 (avoid any type of cold temperatures)
- Usability......................7.0 (ideal for open air activities and gym; Does not please everybody due to its greeness)
- Compliments..............6.0 (You are far from having a skunk scent but this fragrance it's not really a compliment magnet. You will smell clean and fresh, not cute and sexy)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (I believe it's not a unique scent but I don't make any associations with other fragrances. People claim it's similar to Creed Himalaya but I never tried it. I have some douts about that association due to the different notes listing)
- Quality.........................9.0 (High quality ingredients; gorgeous heavy glass bottle, great spray and cap)
- Presentation...............9.0 (really beautifully shaped bottle, extremely well designed details)
- Price.............................8.0 (€ 21 + taxes for a 100 ml tester flask)

- Average:......................7.56/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "L'Eau Intense":
Fresh, clean and green.
Blind buy worthy? No! Do try it before.

Music: Green Day - "Wake Me Up When September Ends"

(N) note: Allusion to the Rolaid commercial in the U.S.A.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Clean Shower Feel
This is a refreshing burst of energy out of the shower in a bottle. It's bright and inoffensive. If I could compare it to anything I would say it's like lemon-mint bubblegum. There's nothing special that pops out from the notes aside from the mint and cardamom which probably give it that strong projection. Yes its a projection bomb(on my skin at least) that cast its cloud for no less than 6 hours on my skin and is a decent minty skin scent for a few hours after that. Whatever they did to concoct this lovely fragrance and give it this much depth should be echoed in my other favorites in this same vein. This is sure to please the the veterans or casual users alike. The only reason it doesn't get a higher mark from me is that it's not unique in the slightest but with price point, performance, and likability- I give this one the green light in my book.

8.5/10
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
So fresh, So Clean
Scentrack:
Madonna - Holiday

Carven l’Eau Intense is a summer brother of Mr. Burberry, also composed the same year by Francis Kurkdjian. The opening of l’Eau Intense is much brighter and sunnier compared to Burberry, but from mid notes to drydown they are more and more similar. Like Mr. Burberry meets some aspects of Fleur de Male. Carven opens with strong and fresh mint note, accompanied by a hefty dose of bright grapefruit which I personally like, ginger and something like bright aldehydes. Somewhere beneath all those fresh layers I can detect some dirty white flowers, like orange or lemon flowers. As the composition evolves, the lavender becomes stronger and some woody aspects are more pronounced. It reminds me of powdered detergent, but in a good way. The birch leaf, also known from Mr. Burberry, gives some dirty touch to the otherwise extremely clean composition. The base is usual for this kind of fragrances, unidentified woods, with some pale amber aspects and a touch of Iso E Super.

Rating: 6.5/10

More on Scentimentalwrds

Carlitos01 160 days ago
A gem better than the ressembling scents like Invictus Aqua, Eros, Legend Spirit, Icon Racing or Hawas.
Less expensive than those as well.+5

• Pantone 11-4800 oder einfach: WEISS by TomLavender
  • Hochzeit-Glocken-im-Sommer- Weiss by TomLavender
  • by eBOSS by eBOSS

Popular Carven

Ma Griffe (1946) (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Le Parfum by Carven Vétiver (2008) by Carven Carven pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Carven Homme by Carven Vétiver (1957) / Eau de Vétiver pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) by Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven Vétiver (2014) by Carven Monsieur Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Madame de Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven L'Absolu by Carven Ma Griffe (2013) by Carven Variations by Carven Le Vétiver by Carven Intrigue (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Robe d'un Soir by Carven Guirlandes (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Eau Vive by Carven L'Eau de Toilette by Carven Vert et Blanc by Carven