L'Eau Intense (2016)Eau de Toilette

L'Eau Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Carven
Bottle Design Thierry de Bashmakoff

L'Eau Intense (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Carven for men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Italian lemon, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch leaf, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesAmbered woods, Ginger, Cardamom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.04.2020.

With the top note Im Zitronenhain
I bought this very beautiful and discreet bottle by chance at the perfumery around the corner after spraying it some time ago.

Every time I spray the carving spray, I stand in thought in the lemon grove somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. I associate the carefree beautiful life and letting live a lemon grove full of flowerbeds.

The carving opens for me very strongly in the top note. It smells intense, pleasant and natural with lemon in the foreground and lavender and mint as companions. In the base after 2 hours of wearing, darker aromas like something wooden or even cardamom are added.
In general, however, the lemon and mint mixture is dominant and I find that with a good organic lemon and a mint shrub you can rarely go wrong, especially in summer...
BUT I am certainly not profound, mysterious, magical or strong in character.

The carving has the problems that many summer scents have durability and sillage...
With me it keeps 3-5 hours on the skin so there is enough time for a walk on the beach or a stroll but it is also no companion for the day. The same applies to the external effect or scent. He is perceptible, pleasantly no obtrusive fellow and a clean man in a white suit.

And that for a short time.

But what do I want when I stand at 27 degrees somewhere in Provence or on the Amalfi Coast? Do I want to enjoy complicated things there or the simplicity of being and natural, high-quality products.

I decide from time to time for the second variant and will spray this companion in summer from time to time

Carlitos01
Do you want to smell elegant, clean, fresh and sexy?
Today I was desperate to make a wrotten vegetables sick smell disappear. I caught it on the sidewalk on the way to my office. The smell was so bad that my stomach was totally upset. What a giant nausea!
I remembered then that I had left my Carven for Summer in the office. As soon as I reached my work space, I picked up the L'Eau Intense white bottle and applied 2 sprays on my chest, and one in the air, forming a cloud of droplets around me.
........ inbreathe fresh air ........
Wow! A fizzy, bubbling, minty, citrusy, fresh and clean burst. It did work! and it was a lot better and faster than to chew a rolaids pill. Suddenly a thought arised to my mind: "Carven!.... that's how you spell relief!" (N)
Of course I don't advise you to use L'Eau Intense for an upset stomach, nor rolaids to cure bad scents!
There are better uses for this magnificent fresh elixir by Kurkdjian.

Carven L'Eau Intense is positioned in the same fresh BLUE market segment as Invictus Aqua, Legend Spirit, Hawas, Dylan Blue, Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage, Eros, Mr Burberry, Icon Racing, Mauboussin Private Club, Oxford Bleu, Prada Luna Rossa and Bentley Black Edition. Nevertheless it's not similar to any of them except maybe Prada Luna Rossa. You may imagine as well a whiff of Le Mâle without vanilla or Cool Water without aquatic notes. L'Eau Intense is fresher, less sweet, a bit greener and woodier with a deep forest scent. The initial clean scent gets a little dirtier later on, probably due to the birch note. The lavender you get during the development is nice and strong as well.
The drydown it's rather common and you get some cardamom with amber, and unidentified dry woods. Its greeness endures in all development stages.
It's a very nice scent but with a polarity of the hate/love kind. Gourmand scent lovers don't care much about it. Without being a similar scent it's a great alternative for Creed Green Irish Tweed and Himalaya. I like very much to use it with warm weather when I am in the mood of using a lesser sweet scent. Longevity and Sillage are a bit above average for this type of fresh fragrance.

How does L'Eau Intense copes with ratings?
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent opening............9.0 (Mint, citrus and lavender! Fresh dreams are made of this)
- Scent Dry Down.........8.0 (a bit more common with spices and dry woods)
- Longevity....................8.0 (up to 7 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peaks up to 5 feet; projects heavily for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility....................7.5 (avoid any type of cold temperatures)
- Usability......................7.0 (ideal for open air activities, beach and gym; Fantastic for informal gatherings, dates and Summer love)
- Compliments..............8.5 (This scent competes with other alluring fresh BLUE fragrances and may be a compliment magnet. You will smell elegant, clean, fresh and sexy, but not cute due to the lower sugar level of the fragrance)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (I believe it's not a unique scent but I don't make any associations with other fragrances, except Colonia Club by Acqua di Parma and Prada Luna Rossa. People claim it's similar to Creed Himalaya but I never tried that one. I have some doubts about that association due to the different notes listing.
EDIT: Recently I found a similarity with the just launched Bentley Black Edition which has a different set of notes as well)
- Quality.........................9.0 (High quality ingredients; gorgeous heavy glass bottle, great spray and cap)
- Presentation...............9.0 (really beautifully shaped bottle, extremely well designed details)
- Price.............................8.5 (€ 21 + taxes and shipping, for a 100 ml tester flask)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average:......................8.32/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "L'Eau Intense":
Fresh, clean and dry! I find L'Eau Intense as a less sweet but very interesting minty member of the BLUE fragrance family group. Other members may include Invictus Aqua, Legend Spirit, Hawas, Dylan Blue, Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage, Eros, Mr Burberry, Icon Racing, Mauboussin Private Club, Oxford Bleu and Bentley Black Edition. Some similarity with Prada Luna Rossa.
Blind buy worthy? No! Do try it before.

Music: Green Day - "Wake Me Up When September Ends"

(N) note: Allusion to the Rolaid commercial in the U.S.A.

Clean Shower Feel
This is a refreshing burst of energy out of the shower in a bottle. It's bright and inoffensive. If I could compare it to anything I would say it's like lemon-mint bubblegum. There's nothing special that pops out from the notes aside from the mint and cardamom which probably give it that strong projection. Yes its a projection bomb(on my skin at least) that cast its cloud for no less than 6 hours on my skin and is a decent minty skin scent for a few hours after that. Whatever they did to concoct this lovely fragrance and give it this much depth should be echoed in my other favorites in this same vein. This is sure to please the the veterans or casual users alike. The only reason it doesn't get a higher mark from me is that it's not unique in the slightest but with price point, performance, and likability- I give this one the green light in my book.

8.5/10

So fresh, So Clean
Scentrack:
Madonna - Holiday

Carven l’Eau Intense is a summer brother of Mr. Burberry, also composed the same year by Francis Kurkdjian. The opening of l’Eau Intense is much brighter and sunnier compared to Burberry, but from mid notes to drydown they are more and more similar. Like Mr. Burberry meets some aspects of Fleur de Male. Carven opens with strong and fresh mint note, accompanied by a hefty dose of bright grapefruit which I personally like, ginger and something like bright aldehydes. Somewhere beneath all those fresh layers I can detect some dirty white flowers, like orange or lemon flowers. As the composition evolves, the lavender becomes stronger and some woody aspects are more pronounced. It reminds me of powdered detergent, but in a good way. The birch leaf, also known from Mr. Burberry, gives some dirty touch to the otherwise extremely clean composition. The base is usual for this kind of fragrances, unidentified woods, with some pale amber aspects and a touch of Iso E Super.

Rating: 6.5/10

More on Scentimentalwrds

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A Kurkdjian gem, better and cheaper than other more famous blue fresh scents. Do you want to give a dry and minty Summer love kiss? I do!

Old white
Brillantes  Weiss
Ein Sommerfeuerwerk der Natur
by TomLavender
Nach Grün und Schwarz: Weiss!
Pantone 11-4800 oder einfach: WEISS
Hochzeit-Glocken-im-Sommer- Weiss
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Carven

Carven Homme by Carven Vétiver (1957) / Eau de Vétiver pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Madame de Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Monsieur Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Ma Griffe (1946) (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Le Parfum by Carven Vétiver (2008) by Carven Ma Griffe (1946) (Parfum de Toilette) by Carven Paris La Havane by Carven Carven pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Ma Griffe (2013) by Carven Le Vétiver by Carven Robe d'un Soir by Carven Paris São Paulo by Carven Vétiver (2014) by Carven Vert et Blanc by Carven Paris Mascate by Carven Variations (1950) by Carven Paris Manille by Carven Paris Bangalore by Carven