Paris La Havane (2019)

Paris La Havane by Carven

Paris La Havane is a new perfume by Carven for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Black pepper, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Cuban tobacco, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Amber, Leather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.07.2020.

Dufttiger
In the back of a luxury sedan...
I tested this and fragrance and brand for the first time, although there has been a lot of perfume in this house since the 1950s.

In a small perfumery, where mainly The usual designers stand around, the saleswoman showed me the new collection of Carven.

For this time of year I had already decided on a different fragrance from the series and took it with me.
She gave me a bottle of La Havane. I tested it in the car and immediately decided to exchange it.

Why ?

On the test strip, the quality of La havane does not develop to perfection for my taste.

On the skin it is an olfactory experience and the transformation of the fragrance makes me appreciate it more and more.

The prelude belongs to the tobacco. Strong, makes me associate with high quality cigars. In addition, fruity sweet tangerine floats by the gravitation of the tobacco.

This is followed by a gentle introduction of the leather, which goes well from the woody Elimi in combination with the tobacco.

When the leather jacket on Tom Ford's OmbréLeather sits skintight, it's more like The Leather Sofa in the Oval Office lobby.

I know that luxury car brands upgrade their interiors with artificial scent.
I think directly of the fact that my butler holds the door of the new Rolls Royce open for me to chauffeur me to the horse race.

After about 20 - 30 min. of driving without standing in a traffic jam, probably noticing that the journey takes a good 5-7 hours, I notice the deep durability of the Amber.
It is comfortably cosy in the rear of the luxury limousine with la Havane.
The silage is not too strong, but also allows sewing. Still reaches beyond the minimum distance to attract attention.

To the bottle:

The lid is magnetically seated and finds its own fit.
Octagonal and striking, it lies well in the hand. The chrome spray head is easy to use.
The mixture resembles with its deep brown colour to 2-3 years old thick liquid rum.

For me with 165€ for 125ml definitely worth its price.
I wore it already in spring, with still cool temperatures in the morning.

a good companion, because I feel comfortable with this scent.
Tommyxxl
The male smoking man in lederhosen!
The scent starts a little peppery and even slightly fruity, which of course are not the main ingredients of the good. The heart note is really very nice, with a smoky tobacco, followed by a lavender note.
The base note then changes more into the slightly leathery, so that you only feel a smoking man for a short time, but otherwise really pleasant.

Conclusion:
The interplay of all the fragrances in the head and heart note, are really well coordinated. The shelf life is really very good and the Sillage is also good.

Popular Carven

Carven Homme by Carven Vétiver (1957) / Eau de Vétiver pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Madame de Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Monsieur Carven (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Ma Griffe (1946) (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Le Parfum by Carven L'Eau Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Vétiver (2008) by Carven Ma Griffe (1946) (Parfum de Toilette) by Carven Carven pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Carven Paris Manille by Carven Paris São Paulo by Carven Ma Griffe (2013) by Carven Le Vétiver by Carven Robe d'un Soir by Carven Vétiver (2014) by Carven Paris Mascate by Carven Vert et Blanc by Carven Variations (1950) by Carven Paris Bangalore by Carven