1881 pour Femme 1995

1881 pour Femme by Cerruti
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
1881 pour Femme is a perfume by Cerruti for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Claire Cain

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Mimosa, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.04.2021.

Perpetual walker vs. detergent
My first encounter with 1881 was in the early 2000s. I liked it, soapy without being pungent, clean and a bit floral. But for my boyfriend at the time it smelled unfortunately like: "The detergent from grandma".
So it was sorted out and I have not thought about both for a long time.

Recently, he fell by chance back into my hands through a swap package and I had to smell it directly, was our last encounter but almost 20 years ago. There he was again, this fresh, clean, slightly soapy smell I liked so much. Since the then boyfriend is long history, he was allowed to stay and I have not regretted it.
I have to admit, I can't quite remember the then, so I can't compare to old versions, but I like it.
I remembered the bottle differently though, it's more like rose gold now, I like it. The old lid was beige marbled, at least so my miniature still looks.

No great love, no Immergeher, no great pyramid recognizable, but what clean, fresh, quite long-lasting for everyday life now and then it fits quite well. And the price for around 20 euros for 30ml is also unbeatable.
Successful reformulation
This was my 90s favorite scent, had stopped liking it at some point. Something sharp spicy in it had bothered me at some point. Maybe it was reformulated back then? Have rediscovered it now and the current reformulation is spot on. Has become a wonderfully soapy clean-bear shower gel scent. Exactly mine! Could be my second signature scent
Assassins
Yeah - blame the movie Assassins. He set us up, the old slyboots. Antonio Banderas plays an assassin. He holds a bottle in his hands in one scene, sprays once, inhales the scent and says : "Jasmine" nothing more.
In the same year (1995!!!Am I old!!!) I bought this fragrance for the first time, immediately fell hard in love and it has never moved out. I love it - period. There is a uniqueness about it. You can immediately tell when someone is wearing 1881. Elegant and timeless, my first big perfume love.
Nale
A classic that can do a lot
Completely forgotten, he now stands on the drugstore shelf and is unjustly neglected.
1881 pour femme is for me a great classic that can do a lot and has what it takes to become a signature fragrance. Why? Because it's really wonderful... He is flowery, fresh, wonderfully feminine and very well-groomed, creamy. That's why I think it suits every occasion, whether it's work or a wedding and you can wear it all year round :)
I smell the freesias and mine also perceive something rosy, jasmine and orange blossom gently join in, warm woods and I think white musk round off the whole warm and creamy.
Very well made, nothing stands out unpleasantly, everything is perfectly coordinated.
I treated myself to a small bottle and since then I wear it really often because I like it so much. Besides, there have been many compliments at work :)
The durability and sillage are top by the way :)
Beautiful classic !
I saw the scent many times in the drugstore and thought it was one of those "bombs" - classics like Tosca and Nonchalance. I can't do anything with them, they kill me.
Today I sprayed it on spontaneously, because somehow I didn't find anything new on the fragrance shelf that interested me.
And then he smelled so beautiful!
Fresh, but only very light. Gentle, but not old. A bit like my rose shampoo soap, even if it doesn't have roses in it.
It smells clean, but not neat, but like the touch of warm, well-groomed skin.
He didn't smell me for that long, maybe four hours, but I had sprayed very little.
Now I'm annoyed I didn't buy it right away. But I had to let it work for a while, but I have to say that it has hardly changed at all. I like that.
I am really positively surprised and wonder why I didn't try it years ago.
A prejudice was definitely refuted.
ElysaShades
I have problems with certain classics
So for example Cool Water gor Women, Bruno Banani Signature Woman around 1881, I actually had the shower gel but I wouldn't want to wear it as a perfume.

For me it's altogether too soapy. The floral scents seem too stuffy and not fresh at all. I'm actually having a hard time telling the grades apart here. You could also say that they are well blended, but somehow this just makes for an obtrusive muff. Powdery, squeaky clean and, although not so strong, very intense and stuffy. In the course of the fragrance, the soap increases until it really only smells like hand soap. Maybe that's why I was okay with the shower gel. It's allowed to smell like that. I can't smell a woody base like the one in the pyramid
1881 radiates a relatively strong silage for about half an hour, but then the fragrance still lingers on the skin for at least 6 hours.

I don't think it's of inferior quality. Also, there's nothing in here that I know I won't like. It is apparently simply this special composition with which I can do nothing at all

Danielle
1881 feels different than in old times.
I allways used this perfume in the old Days. I love the different notes; freesia/mimosa/violet jasmine/orangeflower Woody notes. It seams that this not is the same juice as before. It feels more compact, heavy and sweet.
Desertrose
The perfect fragrance for summer evenings
Normally, I bow to the classics. Because often too powdery and too woody. I love it more oriental-sweet.
But- Cerruti 1881 really surprised me. By chance seen/sniffed at the airport and immediately somehow in love.
Freesias and oranges predominate, with an added note of jasmine. I don't smell powdery, rather fresh. In time even a light sweetness is added.
The fragrance has style! Not pushy, he's got something special. And it's perfect for sonny evenings when you don't like it too easy but also not too hard.

Light & Lovely
I had a vintage miniature of the men's version hidden away in a cabinet for a good, say, 20 years and decided to buy a current formulation of the women's version when I came across it. 1881 is a remarkable floral, light and lovely. I hear-tell from another site that it has sandalwood, patchouli, cedar, amber, musk and vanilla in the base but if so my nose barely detects them or the individual florals, this scent is so exceptionally well blended. My nose just thinks it's wandered happily into a spring meadow on a morning when all just bloomed. Ultra heady fragrances aren't yet being projected by the flowers, desperate to reproduce before they die. Mind you, I do like ultra heady. It has its own charm. But this is a fresh scent for those still young at heart.
2.5

Precious innocence
This perfume is such a soft and sweet floral that I can't help but associate it with the word "innocence." I smell mimosa with a very light hand of soft woods. I find it to be a simple fragrance, clean, great for day-time use. For running errands, lunch with friends, or just hanging out at home while still wanting to wear perfume but not smell like perfume.

Side comment--this is worthy of a better looking bottle.

SUMMARY: Blushing bride, married at 16

ElkayElkay 1 month ago
5.5
Super powdery (almost dusty) woody floral. I think it could benefit from some citrus top notes, it is too dusty as it is now.
CurlyCurly 2 months ago
This fragrance got me the most compliments ever!
AnessaAnessa 3 years ago
5.5
Possibly reformulated? I smell nothing 'soft/light/inoffensive', rather a strong, herbal floral, not very accommodating. Business-like.

zum Andenken an meine Mutti ...........sie liebte den Duft und dieser wird auch meine Sammlung NIEMALS verlassen!!!!
by Heavenly85
by Annkom
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Cerruti

Nino Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Signature by Cerruti 1881 pour Homme (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti CerrutiSí (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Acqua Forte by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Homme by Cerruti 1881 Black by Cerruti Cerruti Image Harmony by Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Femme by Cerruti Fair Play (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Fraîcheur d'Eau by Cerruti 1881 Lumières d'Été by Cerruti 1881 pour Homme (1990) (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Eau d'Été 2004 pour Homme by Cerruti