1881 pour Femme 1995

1881 pour Femme by Cerruti
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
1881 pour Femme is a perfume by Cerruti for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Claire Cain

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Mimosa, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.09.2020.

Nale
A classic that can do a lot
Completely forgotten, he now stands on the drugstore shelf and is unjustly neglected.
1881 pour femme is for me a great classic that can do a lot and has what it takes to become a signature fragrance. Why? Because it's really wonderful... He is flowery, fresh, wonderfully feminine and very well-groomed, creamy. That's why I think it suits every occasion, whether it's work or a wedding and you can wear it all year round :)
I smell the freesias and mine also perceive something rosy, jasmine and orange blossom gently join in, warm woods and I think white musk round off the whole warm and creamy.
Very well made, nothing stands out unpleasantly, everything is perfectly coordinated.
I treated myself to a small bottle and since then I wear it really often because I like it so much. Besides, there have been many compliments at work :)
The durability and sillage are top by the way :)
Beautiful classic !
I saw the scent many times in the drugstore and thought it was one of those "bombs" - classics like Tosca and Nonchalance. I can't do anything with them, they kill me.
Today I sprayed it on spontaneously, because somehow I didn't find anything new on the fragrance shelf that interested me.
And then he smelled so beautiful!
Fresh, but only very light. Gentle, but not old. A bit like my rose shampoo soap, even if it doesn't have roses in it.
It smells clean, but not neat, but like the touch of warm, well-groomed skin.
He didn't smell me for that long, maybe four hours, but I had sprayed very little.
Now I'm annoyed I didn't buy it right away. But I had to let it work for a while, but I have to say that it has hardly changed at all. I like that.
I am really positively surprised and wonder why I didn't try it years ago.
A prejudice was definitely refuted.
ElysaShades
I have problems with certain classics
So for example Cool Water gor Women, Bruno Banani Signature Woman around 1881, I actually had the shower gel but I wouldn't want to wear it as a perfume.

For me it's altogether too soapy. The floral scents seem too stuffy and not fresh at all. I'm actually having a hard time telling the grades apart here. You could also say that they are well blended, but somehow this just makes for an obtrusive muff. Powdery, squeaky clean and, although not so strong, very intense and stuffy. In the course of the fragrance, the soap increases until it really only smells like hand soap. Maybe that's why I was okay with the shower gel. It's allowed to smell like that. I can't smell a woody base like the one in the pyramid
1881 radiates a relatively strong silage for about half an hour, but then the fragrance still lingers on the skin for at least 6 hours.

I don't think it's of inferior quality. Also, there's nothing in here that I know I won't like. It is apparently simply this special composition with which I can do nothing at all

Danielle
1881 feels different than in old times.
I allways used this perfume in the old Days. I love the different notes; freesia/mimosa/violet jasmine/orangeflower Woody notes. It seams that this not is the same juice as before. It feels more compact, heavy and sweet.
Desertrose
The perfect fragrance for summer evenings
Normally, I bow to the classics. Because often too powdery and too woody. I love it more oriental-sweet.
But- Cerruti 1881 really surprised me. By chance seen/sniffed at the airport and immediately somehow in love.
Freesias and oranges predominate, with an added note of jasmine. I don't smell powdery, rather fresh. In time even a light sweetness is added.
The fragrance has style! Not pushy, he's got something special. And it's perfect for sonny evenings when you don't like it too easy but also not too hard.

Light & Lovely
I had a vintage miniature of the men's version hidden away in a cabinet for a good, say, 20 years and decided to buy a current formulation of the women's version when I came across it. 1881 is a remarkable floral, light and lovely. I hear-tell from another site that it has sandalwood, patchouli, cedar, amber, musk and vanilla in the base but if so my nose barely detects them or the individual florals, this scent is so exceptionally well blended. My nose just thinks it's wandered happily into a spring meadow on a morning when all just bloomed. Ultra heady fragrances aren't yet being projected by the flowers, desperate to reproduce before they die. Mind you, I do like ultra heady. It has its own charm. But this is a fresh scent for those still young at heart.
2.5

Precious innocence
This perfume is such a soft and sweet floral that I can't help but associate it with the word "innocence." I smell mimosa with a very light hand of soft woods. I find it to be a simple fragrance, clean, great for day-time use. For running errands, lunch with friends, or just hanging out at home while still wanting to wear perfume but not smell like perfume.

Side comment--this is worthy of a better looking bottle.

SUMMARY: Blushing bride, married at 16

One Of A Kind
An unusual diva. A flower garden surrounded by an oriental bazaar. Flowers and spices mixed into a thick, honey-ish rich golden fragrance that smells quite unique. It's not a demure scent and needs women who like to make an (unusual) statement.

It's different in an almost alchemistic way. A mixture of many different things that went: "pooof" and here it is: in a round bottle and smelling mysteriously.
The notes are so intermingled it's hard to discern them, it doesn't matter. This scent was made to mix with itself and the wearer.

Lets sniff and try to discern: Violets and mimosa on a lavish bed of sandalwood. Amber and iris, than it becomes one wonderful mix of a sophisticated 'scent-aura' that is very different and alluring. I can't compare it to anything I know. That in itself makes this a beauty to have. It's different, in a good way!

Silage is: "I am a beautiful mystery that surrounds you" -- Longevity is: "I am pretty and mysterious for at least a whole day!"

I love its unique composition and note development that although I can't discern it completely, I can detect its 'movement' in the air. My little mystery in an orb! : ) I will repurchase.

Test on the skin first! This Lady is moody and might not evolve to its true beauty on some chemistries. Good luck! : )

::PS:: If I have to compare it (this occurred to me today after I got another wonderful whiff of it whilst driving) it has a faint memory of CK Eternity.
Imagine the Eternity notes and add lots of rich flower & spice notes. But it smells much much better than that! It's Eternity Italian style. Uniquely pretty and infinitely elegant. I love it.

A fresh bouquet of flowers
Cerruti 1881 for Women is a delightfully refreshing floral which has taken me quite by surprise. I didn't expect this fragrance to be so light and juicy, yet now I understand how this fragrance has lasted over 15 years in the market.

1881 smells quite peachy to my nose. It's girly and very 'pink'. I can imagine this was a teen girl's favourite back in the 90's. I particularly like its clean and delicate qualities. It's like a fresh, slightly wet bouquet of rose, freesia, jasmine and lily of the valley.

Occasionally 1881 tends to be a little soapy, however I don't find it harsh or unpleasant in its soapiness. It remains feminine and lively throughout the composition. The chamomile, particularly in the heart when blended with subtle citrusy notes, smells a little bit like a cup of sweet, herbal chamomile tea.

It's softness allows 1881 to be worn in almost every occasion as it is very inoffensive. The lasting power is good however, scenting the skin for hours and clinging to fabric for days.

1881 isn't my cup of tea unfortunately. There's nothing to dislike about it, however I find it too reserved and lady-like for my personal tastes. All in all, this fragrance is quite enjoyable and a wonderful choice for floral lovers alike.
2.5

Herbal Essences or The Rosewood-coloured Lipstick
To me, 1881 is impossible to pick apart, I simply can't sniff out any of the components. 1881 is very rounded, soft and inobtrusive but present at the same time. Not polished, more like soft suede, a pliant blend of warm, not overly sweet blossoms, light wood and just enough citrus (or maybe just citrus blossoms?) to give this scent a subdued and well-groomed freshness. To me it is a kind of cosmetic fragrance that merges with my skin scent perfectly. On some days I think it smells of hair somehow. Groomed hair of course, but not freshly washed, rather the day before. On those days I think it smells a bit synthetic, too, as if the old fragrance of the Herbal Essences shampoo wafts from the hair while at the same time you can already smell the scalp a bit. I happen to like that.
1881 can be worn anytime anywhere, adapting to just about any situation. The only thing you can't do with it is stand out. Or rather it doesn't distract from the wearer's daring dress, outrageous hairdo or extravagant appearance. It forms a harmonic base, like a good make-up, like a perfectly primed canvas. Or no, it is more like the rosewood-coloured lipstick that's no more than a shade deeper than the natural lip colour.

Insofar it would be a candidat for the question: If you could have one fragrance only, which would it be? But I think I'm not the only one who in such a case would pick an edgier fragrance that is not quite as devoted to obligingness. Could I pick two, though, 1881 would most likely be one of them...

AnessaAnessa 2 years ago
5.5
Possibly reformulated? I smell nothing 'soft/light/inoffensive', rather a strong, herbal floral, not very accommodating. Business-like.

zum Andenken an meine Mutti ...........sie liebte den Duft und dieser wird auch meine Sammlung NIEMALS verlassen!!!!
by Heavenly85
by Elidoria
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Cerruti

1881 Signature by Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 pour Homme (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti CerrutiSí (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Homme by Cerruti 1881 Acqua Forte by Cerruti 1881 Black by Cerruti Cerruti Image Harmony by Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Femme by Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Fair Play (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Riviera by Cerruti 1881 Fraîcheur d'Eau by Cerruti 1881 Eau d'Été 2004 pour Homme by Cerruti 1881 Eau d'Été 2003 pour Femme by Cerruti