1881 pour Femme (1995)

1881 pour Femme by Nino Cerruti
Bottle Design Serge Mansau

1881 pour Femme is a perfume by Nino Cerruti for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Claire Cain

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Mimosa, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.12.2019.

5.0 7.0 7.0 6.0/10

Danielle
1881 feels different than in old times.
I allways used this perfume in the old Days. I love the different notes; freesia/mimosa/violet jasmine/orangeflower Woody notes. It seams that this not is the same juice as before. It feels more compact, heavy and sweet.
10.0 8.0 7.5/10

Desertrose
The perfect fragrance for summer evenings
Normally, I bow to the classics. Because often too powdery and too woody. I love it more oriental-sweet.
But- Cerruti 1881 really surprised me. By chance seen/sniffed at the airport and immediately somehow in love.
Freesias and oranges predominate, with an added note of jasmine. I don't smell powdery, rather fresh. In time even a light sweetness is added.
The fragrance has style! Not pushy, he's got something special. And it's perfect for sonny evenings when you don't like it too easy but also not too hard.
8.0/10

Light & Lovely
I had a vintage miniature of the men's version hidden away in a cabinet for a good, say, 20 years and decided to buy a current formulation of the women's version when I came across it. 1881 is a remarkable floral, light and lovely. I hear-tell from another site that it has sandalwood, patchouli, cedar, amber, musk and vanilla in the base but if so my nose barely detects them or the individual florals, this scent is so exceptionally well blended. My nose just thinks it's wandered happily into a spring meadow on a morning when all just bloomed. Ultra heady fragrances aren't yet being projected by the flowers, desperate to reproduce before they die. Mind you, I do like ultra heady. It has its own charm. But this is a fresh scent for those still young at heart.
2.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Precious innocence
This perfume is such a soft and sweet floral that I can't help but associate it with the word "innocence." I smell mimosa with a very light hand of soft woods. I find it to be a simple fragrance, clean, great for day-time use. For running errands, lunch with friends, or just hanging out at home while still wanting to wear perfume but not smell like perfume.

Side comment--this is worthy of a better looking bottle.

SUMMARY: Blushing bride, married at 16
5.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

One Of A Kind
An unusual diva. A flower garden surrounded by an oriental bazaar. Flowers and spices mixed into a thick, honey-ish rich golden fragrance that smells quite unique. It's not a demure scent and needs women who like to make an (unusual) statement.

It's different in an almost alchemistic way. A mixture of many different things that went: "pooof" and here it is: in a round bottle and smelling mysteriously.
The notes are so intermingled it's hard to discern them, it doesn't matter. This scent was made to mix with itself and the wearer.

Lets sniff and try to discern: Violets and mimosa on a lavish bed of sandalwood. Amber and iris, than it becomes one wonderful mix of a sophisticated 'scent-aura' that is very different and alluring. I can't compare it to anything I know. That in itself makes this a beauty to have. It's different, in a good way!

Silage is: "I am a beautiful mystery that surrounds you" -- Longevity is: "I am pretty and mysterious for at least a whole day!"

I love its unique composition and note development that although I can't discern it completely, I can detect its 'movement' in the air. My little mystery in an orb! : ) I will repurchase.

Test on the skin first! This Lady is moody and might not evolve to its true beauty on some chemistries. Good luck! : )

::PS:: If I have to compare it (this occurred to me today after I got another wonderful whiff of it whilst driving) it has a faint memory of CK Eternity.
Imagine the Eternity notes and add lots of rich flower & spice notes. But it smells much much better than that! It's Eternity Italian style. Uniquely pretty and infinitely elegant. I love it.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

A fresh bouquet of flowers
Cerruti 1881 for Women is a delightfully refreshing floral which has taken me quite by surprise. I didn't expect this fragrance to be so light and juicy, yet now I understand how this fragrance has lasted over 15 years in the market.

1881 smells quite peachy to my nose. It's girly and very 'pink'. I can imagine this was a teen girl's favourite back in the 90's. I particularly like its clean and delicate qualities. It's like a fresh, slightly wet bouquet of rose, freesia, jasmine and lily of the valley.

Occasionally 1881 tends to be a little soapy, however I don't find it harsh or unpleasant in its soapiness. It remains feminine and lively throughout the composition. The chamomile, particularly in the heart when blended with subtle citrusy notes, smells a little bit like a cup of sweet, herbal chamomile tea.

It's softness allows 1881 to be worn in almost every occasion as it is very inoffensive. The lasting power is good however, scenting the skin for hours and clinging to fabric for days.

1881 isn't my cup of tea unfortunately. There's nothing to dislike about it, however I find it too reserved and lady-like for my personal tastes. All in all, this fragrance is quite enjoyable and a wonderful choice for floral lovers alike.
5.0 2.5 7.5 8.0/10

Herbal Essences or The Rosewood-coloured Lipstick
To me, 1881 is impossible to pick apart, I simply can't sniff out any of the components. 1881 is very rounded, soft and inobtrusive but present at the same time. Not polished, more like soft suede, a pliant blend of warm, not overly sweet blossoms, light wood and just enough citrus (or maybe just citrus blossoms?) to give this scent a subdued and well-groomed freshness. To me it is a kind of cosmetic fragrance that merges with my skin scent perfectly. On some days I think it smells of hair somehow. Groomed hair of course, but not freshly washed, rather the day before. On those days I think it smells a bit synthetic, too, as if the old fragrance of the Herbal Essences shampoo wafts from the hair while at the same time you can already smell the scalp a bit. I happen to like that.
1881 can be worn anytime anywhere, adapting to just about any situation. The only thing you can't do with it is stand out. Or rather it doesn't distract from the wearer's daring dress, outrageous hairdo or extravagant appearance. It forms a harmonic base, like a good make-up, like a perfectly primed canvas. Or no, it is more like the rosewood-coloured lipstick that's no more than a shade deeper than the natural lip colour.

Insofar it would be a candidat for the question: If you could have one fragrance only, which would it be? But I think I'm not the only one who in such a case would pick an edgier fragrance that is not quite as devoted to obligingness. Could I pick two, though, 1881 would most likely be one of them...
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Clean Violet Woodiness
Cerruti 1881 pour femme (edt) has an addictive quality, and the more I wear it, the more I like it. Clean and fresh without being aquatic (thank goodness...), this composition is lightly floral and woody with a touch of soapiness. Honestly, I just think that this stuff smells swell. Is it profound? No. Will it inspire the wearer to aspire to new creative heights? Probably not. Is it an eminently wearable all-occasion fragrance? Yes. Also holds up very well in the heat and is perfect for summertime: as it wafts off the body it smells even better than it does close to the skin.

In the interest of truth in reviewing, I should confess here that I am a certified violet-'ho', which may help to explain my enthusiasm for this creation. I also love ambrette, though I cannot claim to be able to tease it out here as an individual note. In its violet-woodiness, 1881 seems to me in some ways similar to Creed LOVE IN BLACK. My only complaint is that the longevity of 1881 is rather poor. In an attempt to address this problem, I acquired a bottle of Cerruti 1881 collection edp, thinking that it was a stronger version of 1881, but it is a completely different composition—also nice, but not the same.

Anessa 18 months ago
Possibly reformulated? I smell nothing 'soft/light/inoffensive', rather a strong, herbal floral, not very accommodating. Business-like.+3
5.5

zum Andenken an meine Mutti ...........sie liebte den Duft und dieser wird auch meine Sammlung NIEMALS verlassen!!!!
by Heavenly85
by Annkom
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Nino Cerruti

1881 pour Homme (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Black by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Signature by Nino Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Acqua Forte by Nino Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti CerrutiSí (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Femme by Nino Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Femme by Nino Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Homme by Nino Cerruti Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Femme by Nino Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image Harmony by Nino Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Homme by Nino Cerruti 1881 Collection by Nino Cerruti 1881 Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Sport by Nino Cerruti Fair Play (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti