Cerruti Image pour Femme (2000)

Cerruti Image pour Femme by Nino Cerruti
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Cerruti Image pour Femme is a perfume by Nino Cerruti for women and was released in 2000. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Pimento, Leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesWater mint, Gentian root, Carbon
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Amber, Birch bark, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.08.2018

5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Deserves a second chance
I received today my Image and I was surprised with this aromatic perfume, very fresh and happy appropriate for spring and summer. I can detect the lemon notes very well blended with spice and leather. Sillage and longevity very nice and all you get at the end is an aromatic fresh scent. I believe Cerruti perfumes are underestimated and they truly deserve more credit.
7.0/10

Cerruti Image WOMAN could be for a MAN
This is a citrus woody scent that could pass for a unisex fragrance. Signature scent worthy for the right wearer. Possibly second skin for the right chemistry. Very wearable in warm weather, even with a heavy hand.

This is a green/citrus/woody scent that could pass for a unisex fragrance. Comes off as fresh, sometimes spicy. The bottle & sprayer are gorgeous, substantial -- every expensive looking & feeling!

Top Notes - Green Leaves, Grapefruit, Pimento, Pepper (?)
Middle Notes - Mint, Gentian Root
Base Notes - Leather, Amber, Cedar, Birch

Image seems to have a top and a bottom, no middle. On the top I get fresh green, grapefruit and pepper -- it can be a bit sharp but it's do-able. After 10-15 minutes it mellows beautifully. The mint & other notes in the middle do not present to me in a way I can recognize, and it's very subdued at this stage. The woody base is there, but not strong or strikingly prominent. I'm learning to recognize the birch & leather.

Lasting power is very good for an EDT but it wears very, very close to the skin at the dry-down. Body lotion and shower gel are readily available for those interesting in layering. It's not love-love for me so, that's not a purchase that I'd make.

The bottle and spray are drop dead gorgeous, substantial, luxurious. Yet, when I hold it, I am expecting a more prominent leather scent. The bottle doesn't seem to jive with the juice, in my opinion.

If you're like me and are frequently nauseated by florals and sugary perfumes, you might give this one a try. I would also recommend this to someone who likes sharp citrus & wants to be introduced to leather slowly and safely. The target market is professional women, and it is perfect for the office. Also, a great leather for the summer.

I am about 40% done with one 2.5 oz bottle -- in a year -- and that's a lot coming from someone who owns a ton of fragrances. I would buy this again.
2.5 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Cerruti Image Femme
At first Spritz the opening is pleasent
with Grapefruit and Mint. Pepper as the
center but it all evaperates into this
Unpleasent Leather note i'm a huge fan or
leather but this smells it came from
horse Manure from a farm it has a funky
scent to it making leather out of it
and the birch i'm not really crazy about
eather does not notice a amber note
ceder is just a Wisp.
7.5 8.0/10

a bargain beauty
I would call this unisex, as I could definitely imagine it smelling great on some men. The picture here doesn't show much of the bottle's detail, which is actually quite adorable. (It has words engraved on it - inspiration, future, optimism, etc. - in English, German, and Italian.) It strikes me as perfect for a day in spring or fall when the weather is changeable and I don't know whether I want "fresh and citrusy" (let's say, Eau de Rochas) or "intense and spicy" (let's say, Fendi). On me, it's a little bit of both in a very pleasant way, sparkling and clear without being humdrum. I like it a lot & it is an inexpensive gem. (111509)
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

A Sunny Boardwalk And Water Mint
Right. Grapefruit and pepper, it smells a bit masculine at first. Mint is there right away, too. Pleasant. A bit acerbic, fresh and herbal, neither aquatic-fresh nor like tooth paste or even chewing gum, but herbaceous.

The warmer base starts to show through quickly as well. The pepper is slipping away or maybe merging with the cedarwood, difficult to decide. Mint is astonishingly tenacious, especially as mint usually doesn't stay for long.
Grapefruit is restricted to the top note, once we reach the heart there is nothing left but a hint of bitterness. But mint is still going strong. It is borne by warmer woody notes. At first I recognize the cedarwood I noticed in the top note already, after that there is the acerbic and medicinal scent of birch bark. A little amber adds warmth, but that does not mean that the mint is gone, oh no!
Coming to the base note, the woody and warm spicy ingredients and also leather take prevalence, but a hint of mint stays until the very end.

After the first few Minutes "Cerruti Image Femme" reminds me of "Acqua Allegoria Herba Fresca".
To my mind this fragrance is at least as suitable for men as it is for women! It is not intrusive at all (not on skin, anyway) and not unpeasantly tart or acerbic either. It breathes a dignified and well-groomed freshness that smells more of freshly washed with soap than freshly showered with shower gel.

I had an old tester tube when I wrote this but decided to buy a larger bottle which I did. And it smells still the same. Fortunately, as this scent made me think of a very relaxed holiday in Sweden.

There was a meadow strewn with birch and alder trees sloping down from the chalet (a red timber house with white corners as becomes a swedish hytta) to the lake and a small, slightly muddy sandy bathing place. Next to it was a boardwalk with a slightly leaking old fishingboat, and then a thick reed zone interspersed with purple loosestrife and water mint...

by SvetlanaG
by Sherapop
by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Nino Cerruti

1881 pour Femme by Nino Cerruti 1881 pour Homme (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Black by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Signature by Nino Cerruti 1881 Acqua Forte by Nino Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti CerrutiSí (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Femme by Nino Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Femme by Nino Cerruti Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Femme by Nino Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Homme by Nino Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti Cerruti Image Harmony by Nino Cerruti 1881 Collection by Nino Cerruti 1881 Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Homme by Nino Cerruti Fair Play (Eau de Toilette) by Nino Cerruti