Cerruti Image pour Homme 1998Eau de Toilette

Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Cerruti Image pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cerruti for men and was released in 1998. The scent is fresh-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Ursula Wandel

Top Notes Top NotesBanana leaf, Pear, Pepper, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig leaf, Gaiac wood, Jasmine, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2020.

Tears
I'm just cleaning up here
It's time to clean up after me. Many of my old comments have a tendency towards the dramatic and let's say ... I don't see myself like that anymore. And even though perfumes and fragrances are still an emotional issue for me, my perception (and my writing style) has changed a bit.

What has not changed, however, is my attitude towards this fragrance. Because in my eyes it still does a lot of things right and above all one thing: different.
If I had to describe Cerruti Image with one word, it would probably be "authentic".
He does not try to carry the masses away, he does not want to be in the spotlight. But he knows what he can do: shine in the sun and keep a cool head while he leans back and enjoys life.
Absolutely unobtrusive, but not at all unobtrusive, he knows how to convince with a fruity-sweet-juicy prelude.
But the topic remains "light", because there is nothing thick, nothing humid, it is so airy and fresh that you (me) can't get enough of it :)
It's like biting into a fresh, ripe, juicy, bright green pear. Not crunchy, but soft. So soft that the fruit juice flows down the wrist - all with a minimal amount of pepper to keep it from getting boring.
I would be lying if I said I could identify the sheet music. But I daresay they make the scent so beautifully light. In any case, together with the jasmine, they add another interesting layer to the fragrance and if you have ever smelled a leaf, you will certainly know this green, airy herb. Watery and lively.
The woody base is probably the most unspectacular part of the fragrance, but it fits into the overall picture just as well as everything else before. It is also by far the most astringent part, slowly and surely bringing Cerruti Image to a close
Overall, the fragrance always evokes associations of a jungle right after the rain. Rich, green, dense, but refreshing, airy and pure.
How long do such showers in the jungle last on average? The scent is definitely a solid 6-7 hours You could say that I fell in love with him 8 years ago :) Somehow I can identify myself so wonderfully with Cerruti Image, it's just a personal thing for me

Clear buy recommendation from me, even blind, because it works like no other.
(although secretly I would like to be the only one wearing this fragrance)

Beautiful representation
I've just tried a scent sample from Cerruti Image...the Entre is soapy and flowery for me. Even reminds me a little of Aigner No.1.
This candidate presents itself in the best classical style, but in contrast to many 80s the silage is rather discreet.
Unfortunately also the durability is discreet, I would have liked to try an EdP. here, then there would have been an even better grade The fragrance is simply knitted in development, it fades slowly until only a hint of cedar and sandalwood remains.
A beautiful fragrance that never becomes intrusive.
Recommendation!
2.5

Barolo
The most disappointing scent in my growing collection
This was a blind buy. If only my olfactories were "blind", too.

I've never come to a more opposite conclusion on any scent more than this one.

This is completely linear reeking of Johnson and Johnson's Baby Shampoo. It's absolutely like spraying yourself with baby shampoo. Now, if I'm under 5 this might actually be acceptable but no man should ever smell like this, or woman, either.

The sprayer is unique and interesting...the scent is anything but.

Definitely, try before you buy.

Relaxed and approachable
The fragrance begins with fresh and fruity notes, but it is not cool. Even though there is no citrus note mentioned, I'm sure it contains some. It's of a moist and juicy freshness that's only partly stemming from pear. I detect a light overtone of aquatic freshness oszillating over the top note, too.
Banana leaf? What does that smell like? I perceive a hint of banana, nurticious and sweetish. Some green is in there as well, but whether that's banana or fig leaf I can't tell. There's woods as well, but I have to believe the composition listed as I can't verify.
Image is a rather warm scent that becomes drier and warmer towards the base. It is fruity and fresh, and even though the floral part is very much subdued, this fragrance reminds me of "Obsession Night for Women". This here too lets me think of nocturnal entertainments more than of a day scent.
There is nothing against using it during the day, mind. It's not intrusive, yet a bit unusual, and it has a friendly, relaxed and very much approachable vibrancy.
The bottle with its little lever to press down the nozzle is an amusing mechanical little gimmick which doesn't (noticeably) reduce its operability.

Great for spring/summer days
Image is a very nice clean out of the shower type scent! It is crisp & beautiful for spring /summer days right after a shower! Had a change of heart, longevity is about 8 hours, altho it does seem to become faint the longer it is on your skin, but it is still there! & yes spray on ALOT! You wont overdue it!

by Michael
by Michael
by Whadelse89
by Whadelse89

Popular Cerruti

Nino Cerruti pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Signature by Cerruti 1881 pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 pour Homme (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti CerrutiSí (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Nino Cerruti pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Black by Cerruti 1881 Acqua Forte by Cerruti Cerruti Image Harmony by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Homme by Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Cerruti Image pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti Fair Play (Eau de Toilette) by Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Fraîcheur d'Eau by Cerruti 1881 Eau d'Été 2004 pour Homme by Cerruti 1881 Eau d'Été 2003 pour Femme by Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche pour Homme by Cerruti