Lait de Vanille

Lait de Vanille by Chabaud

Lait de Vanille is a perfume by Chabaud for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Sophie Chabaud

Top Notes Top NotesMilk
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Caramel

Submitted by medicine, last update on 13.10.2019.

2.5 2.5 2.5 4.0/10

Flavorite
I Think A Unicorn Just Wee-wee-ed On Me!
Underneath that sugary rainbow spray I detect a thick fluffy cloud of spun whipped and baked pure vanilla meringue. This is Eggy- dense and All-engulfing for about 5 minutes. Where are my roller skates and glitter? A varietable black-hole of confectionary delights- it's like a bsic natural vanilla on ectasy! A creme brulee of sweetness extravaganza. I hit the initial critical limit of coma inducing crunchy caramel in the first bite and within 30 minutes this scent recedes into a natural powdery soft sillage cloud of faint warm vanilla and powdery musk. The dry down is similar to Ava Luxe's "Nude Musk" and Sarah Horowitz "Perfect Veil". Both of which I found to be A scent, just not MY scent of choice- too similar to "Baby Powder Scented Deodorant". Sleepy, feline purring contentment. Clean, sweet, pretty a milk and edible tea biscuit treat... happy safe nap time. Starts off mythical; dissapears into the Orion belt within an hour. Did it ever really exist at all?
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Jbells
Milky vanilla on a burning stove
I expected this to open with vanilla vanilla vanilla, but it did not! I'm not exactly sure how to describe the opening, but it is definitely sweet with a bit of a bitter undertone, something like a strangely flavoured water. I almost recognize the scent, but it endlessly eludes me.

Over time, it gently draws out sweetened milk warmed over a hot burning stove, with a single vanilla pod sliced open to allow its flavours to diffuse slowly throughout the milk.

It's quite pleasant to see how this develops and becomes more and more of a pronounced gourmand towards the end, supplemented by an ambery, benzoic scent that seems to work pretty well. My only gripe is that it's still rather similar to two other Chabaud creations, the Lait de Biscuit and Lait Concentre. While there are notable differences from one to the other, at first smell, the three of them aren't very singular in nature.

Nonetheless, Lait de Vanille is still a pretty yummy milky gourmand that isn't too rich or sweet. Projection was quite alright, especially in the first 2 hours, with a maximum wear on me of about 4.5 hours.
5.0 5.0 2.5 3.0/10

Drseid
How Sweet Is *Too* Sweet?...
Lait de Vanille opens with a super-sugary, syrupy vanilla with a slightly alcoholic benzoin undertone. As the composition moves to its heart accord the sugary sweetness remains, now fortified by amazingly sweet, slightly creamy caramel. The composition remains extremely linear through the finish with no further development to speak of. Projection is average and longevity below average at about 4-5 hours on skin.

Lait de Vanille is the sweetest vanilla composition I have encountered to date... Heck, it may be the sweetest composition of *any* kind I have encountered as of this write-up... The composition couldn't be much more simplistic and linear; it is sugary sweet syrupy vanilla and equally sweet caramel all the way. I am sure I am the wrong person to review this as I can't stand super-sweet compositions generally and dislike the inclusion of caramel in them specifically. As such, it should come as no surprise that I find Lait de Vanille an appallingly bad mix of my least favorite fragrance composition attributes, and quite frankly I don't think this works in any case, personal preferences aside. Lait de Vanille is a definite scrubber in the opinion of this reviewer. The bottom line is you have to *love* overt sweetness in general and super-sweet gourmands in particular to attempt to enjoy Lait de Vanille and I dislike both, awarding it a "poor" 1.5 stars out of 5 rating and a huge avoid recommendation for all except the most ardent sweet gourmand fans. Even to those, Lait de Vanille's overly simplistic nature may tire.
4.0/10

Tinctureall
Slightly toasted milky langue du chat
Beautifully mastered milky vanilla. Gentle and sweet but not sickly. A warm caramel keeping it snuggly.

My daughter will adore this and I know a few teenagers who will go wild for it. I'm way too old to smell like this unless I'm burping a baby and it's an incidental. If you want to smell like a slightly toasted milky langue du chat baby biscuit, then look no further. It is beautifully crafted for this sort of fragrance.

Popular Chabaud

Lait de Biscuit by Chabaud Lait Concentré by Chabaud Innocente Fragilité by Chabaud Mysterious Oud by Chabaud Chic et Bohème by Chabaud Étoile de Lune by Chabaud Eau Ambrée by Chabaud Vintage by Chabaud Fleur de Figuier by Chabaud Vert d'Eau by Chabaud Lait et Chocolat by Chabaud Lumière de Venise by Chabaud Eau de Source by Chabaud Caprice de Sophie by Chabaud Île Mythique by Chabaud Ambre du Rêve by Chabaud Rose Orage by Chabaud La Nuit Danse by Chabaud Patchouli 1973 by Chabaud Nectar de Fleurs by Chabaud