Top 64 in Unisex Perfume
1957 is a popular limited perfume by Chanel for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Olivier Polge

White musk, Bergamot, Iris, Neroli, Cedar, Powdery notes, Honey

Submitted by Rivegauche, last update on 27.06.2020.

This fragrance was released on the occasion of the re-opening of the flagship store at East 57th Street, New York.

Smell and sleep scent
Aw... Very sleepy, calming one. So suitable for bedtime! It has aldehydes start than honey+ lots of baby powder. That also remembered me baby shampoo. Its mature, calming, relaxing, sleepy. Reminds me the scent of Alberto Morillas done= by Kilian Voulez Vouz Coucher Avec Moi. White musky, powdery honey. Makes me sleepy aw. Like doing bath and relaxed.
Isolani
"Places of longing and cosmetics"
Like when you're
you would have opened up
now in this time

in the air,
in the treetops,
in the ether
and underground -
the intermediate worlds for this -
takes place
a lively
Back and forth
Your provisions
is a light heart
and the simple mind.
Plus a childlike amazement
and the knowledge of it,
that it never

good will
offer themselves,
and cut fruit,
sparkling with cold,
is served on glass plates
offered.

Miracle Cloud Elasticity Scaleidiscopes
show the whole
and unexpected colourfulness,
just when the mild light
of the sun

sounds like a whisper,
back then,
when you were initiated
into the first secrets
of an eternally young life.

Today, you're br /> hardly a few years older
and yet you have.. almost forgot everything.

Well, you remember that it's best to
with a sky-blue umbrella
let go,
when the summer rains fall.

That the aliens
have long since recognized,
that the crosswalk
on Abbey Road
have become a holy place,
at that moment,

Wenn it succeeds then,
to deal with
to blow away.

Sweet melancholy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________br />
Spontaneously had this scent
to do with ports for me,
with the freshness
and the movement,
with the arrival
and the
go for a ride.

A wave
with white cloths -
to say goodbye.
And wistfulness in the heart
Take a breath,
Flower aromas everywhere,
Fabrics smell clean,
and fine material is non-slip.

Here the term
Longing
another expression
in one,
found in this perfume.

What more is there to say?
Oh yeah:

better yet,
than to be blown away with it,
is,
to become a Cosmee.

Experiment.
Insa
The elegant lady in the background
I recently ordered a bottling.
Oh and it was such a surprising moment when I realized how great this fragrance is.

So I sprayed it on, thought nothing of it The evaluations had been good, but I also knew that my nose sometimes does not sympathize with the other noses.
And how happy I was when a very fine, elegant fragrance streamed into my nose!
Even my sister, who is not usually interested in perfume, was fond of it "Smells so noble," she said (And not at all old-fashioned!;
I'm only 20, so I'm a little critical of that)

Yes, it smells like an expensive fragrance, the Elite Don't push it, he doesn't need to.
Very elegantly some musk and neroli, but I did not know yet that I could like these scents as much as I do with this fragrance here.
Chapeau Chanel!
Pearl
If you take a pearl in your hand and look at it for a while, you will notice that its perfection is wonderfully imperfect.
How Please Is This To Be Understood?
Okay from the top...
How exactly does a milky pearl emerge that shimmers in all the colours of the rainbow at the same time? Exactly... as a troublemaker in a shell. The unpleasant dust grain is actually covered with more than 2000 layers. With industrious patience, the shell covers the Piesaker with opaque and iridescent phlegm for almost two years. This in turn becomes firm and finally appears as a splendid gem, which adorns fingers, necks or ears.

The scent ...
It's by no means the dust grain. No, rather the finished product. The pearl as a gemstone. You can feel the years of work, the attention to detail. The scent changes subtly from soapy clean citric fresh to classic madamy noble powdery.
It's not a rebellious dominant scent. Rather a stylistic device to underline the natural grace or elegance. Not playful, but noble. No tüdeldidü and halölle smell, rather thoughtfully, completely self-confident self.
But.... not perfect. He just seems like... similar to the pearl. There is hardly a perfect, complete round pearl (in nature), there is always an unevenness. But exactly this not perfect, gives the stone its uniqueness.
So also the Chanel 1957.
At the beginning it starts quite citrically fresh and quite present. Too much neroli, I suppose After 5 min it is then tamed, softer and more powdery.
I like the middle.... There it becomes soft, sweetish, doesn't seem so distant anymore and adapts harmoniously to my skin. Towards the end it becomes woodier, deeper and gets the Chanel-like signature.

Conclusion:
A classic spring fragrance that can conjure up a good mood in the right doses. A pearl among the many scents of this time. A calm, somewhat cool, distanced fragrance. But who, as soon as he grabs one, won't let go. A wonderfully almost perfect fragrance to a wonderfully almost imperfect wearer.
"I want a perfume for women that smells like a woman!" - Coco Chanel
When Karl Lagerfeld "the Great" turned off into the entrance of the cosmetics headquarters, he already had the firm idea in his head. The renovation of the New York boutique on 57th Street was about to be finalised, and the reopening was approaching. He has also just moved his Métiers-d'art collection to the Metropolitan Museum. These events should be celebrated with a new perfume in addition to the current fashion collection. The fragrance could be called 1957. At that time Coco received the Mode Oscar, the "Neiman Marcus Award for Distinguished Service in the Field of Fashion" in America. It was the year of her comeback after the war and overseas she was still very successful for a long time. That would be a nice homage to Gabriele Chanel and the Americans. Oliver (Polge) will certainly agree. And he will certainly come up with something great that would combine the idea with a fragrance.

This is how the 17th perfume of the series "Les Exclusives" by Chanel was born.

And now, before I continue with the perfume description at this point, I would like to take a short detour.

Last year, perfume generated sales of around 40 billion dollars worldwide. Brands, manufactories, maisons and manufacturers as far as the eye can see. The attempt to test all new releases promptly gives an idea of how senselessly Sisyphos must have tried to fulfil his task.

At some point, when I took the news magazine "Der Spiegel" in my hand, a little light came on to me. Sooner or later the same topics will be discussed in all newspapers, only with a different focus and usually differentiated according to one's own political convictions. What applies to various magazines and trade journals also determines the fragrance landscape. Trends are gradually being picked up and interpreted differently by different manufacturers throughout the market. Today I don't follow every brand anymore. Etat Libre d'Orange has been stolen from me for a long time. If someone enjoys driving his olfactory ghost train laps and tarring his synapses at the same time, he is welcome to do so. I'll wait outside.

On the other hand, I like most of Guerlain and Chanel's creations very much. My expectations are disproportionately often fulfilled by the two traditional houses. Under the direction of Thierry Wasser or Olivier Polge, no "toxic" compounds are invented, but poems of molecules, a scenttaura that caresses the wearer. For me, the most beautiful olfactory encounters are feminine, creamy, powdery, floral and pure. 1957 is in my eyes a direct hit.

In the first line you will find a white musk fragrance that does what it does best in a fine manner, smelling of cleanliness, cleanliness and sensuality. Oliver Polge himself describes 1957 as follows: "Its essence, its basis is white musk from eight varieties, only comes to full bloom on the skin".

I would like to be honest, with a blind test I could only have clearly stated that this is an ethereal feminine musk scent. Besides, I only noticed the similarity with two other fixed sizes. The fragrance that Cacharel has made successful with Noa and White Suede refined with leather is varied by the perfumer with soft tones of Jacques Polges beige.

In 1957, Oliver Polge created a wonderful understatement fragrance in the tradition of his father and according to Coco Chanel's motto: "I want a perfume for women that smells like a woman" Hand on your heart, don't we all want that?

(Source: WELT - "Not Paris, but America celebrated Coco Chanel back then")
Nerolikissen
Neroli, soft as a kitten and a laundry fire, in which AugstA screams inwardly - oh no, please no laundry fire - but then sinks gently into a freshly washed and covered down pillow. Who could resist that? Sooo pleasant!
FabianO
Artfully swinging, creamy spring-like elegance scent of old French school
Interestingly, nearly 90% of the "1957" owners are ladies. The new noble Chanel has been launched as unisex and although its beautiful, floating, noble design will undoubtedly enchant many female earthlings, I can certainly say that I find it to be absolutely ideal for men's use as well.

In general it can be said that - and I join the many previous speakers - Chanel has succeeded with "1957" in creating a wonderfully positive, light-footed, truly original French fragrance, which, precisely because of its harmony and balance, is ideally suited to the interface between man and woman and in its very natural cleanliness, freshness and elegance almost has the character of a very noble body spray
Discreet neroli, fluffy-fresh bergamot, very understated honey spots from the middle phase onwards, generally a mixture of silky, somewhat soapy, powdery, with a very positive, relaxed basic style. Light musk primes the whole thing a little bit.

Absolute buy/test recommendation for both sexes and its slightly upscale price justified. Artful.

Turandot
Nice - and that's meant nicely this time.
Once again I try to judge the fragrance from a different perspective.

Does Chanel already have this in their normal assortment?
No they don't, so that's a plus. Expands the customer base. Neither does it flower like Chance or Coco Mademoiselle, nor is it exhausting like N°19 or Cristalle. It also doesn't buzz like Coco or N°5. 1957 doesn't look back to old classics, but continues the clean Chanel DNA skilfully.

Does the scent polarize?
No - because he really isn't unpleasant or takes getting used to.
There's nothing buzzing, there's nothing provoking, you don't get involved either. You can find that good or boring. It is certainly not a mistake in the sense of the sales figures. So I can't help but think that the companies are not launching new perfumes to do something good for the world, but simply to make sales. I assume that the production costs will be covered by the limited edition. If not - N°5 creates the scope for everything to be paid by Chanel...

When it comes to fragrances that are considered powdery, I often flinch first, because either they are too one-sidedly iridescent for me - although I don't like irises to be inflationary - or the air stays away because I have the feeling that I have sneezed into a powder can or even worse into a packet of detergent. Neither of them I can accuse in 1957 and therefore I describe this rather dry note not powdery but rather silky.

Do you have to have this in your collection?
You don't have to do anything at all, but it would be a very useful fine and light addition to my Chypresammlung, for example, without being influenced by a sporty, citrus-fresh, tropical or other holiday mood-
to access it. 1957 is bright, friendly, considerate, calming, uncomplicated, flattering and yes, the fragrance will end up on my wish list, even if I don't want it to give rise to any very romantic feelings and I don't see it as the ultimate in Chanel's portfolio either. I like him and that's enough, because I'm my own yardstick.

As is well known, the term "superfluous" is often used as a nice word in fragrance evaluations. This time I mean it literally. Not only do I like the fragrance itself, I also like its restraint in terms of durability and sillage, and in terms of classification I simply assume that it was not explicitly presented as unisex, but that the subject was simply dropped under the table. It doesn't matter who wears it, as long as you feel comfortable with it.

Once again I think: Olivier Polge did everything right.
The little white one
I am fully aware that with the assessment that this white musk fragrance is not the ultimate of winter 2018 / 2019, I will attract the wrath of quite a few women, and of course I am also aware that I don't have to presume to evaluate a fragrance good or bad that doesn't correspond to my preferences, so I give it the note that's up there from me and therefore I assure all those who now feel triggered: "I'm really really sorry, and I apologize unconditionally (...), I offer a complete and complete revocation if necessary. The accusations actually lacked any factual basis, and it was in no way a fair comment and thus stemmed from pure malice. And I deeply regret the misfortune that my comment could have caused some - or their families - to feel. And I hereby assure you that I will never again allow myself to make such a mistake, either now or in the future." (Quote somewhat freely from "A fish named Wanda").

Seriously: somehow the fragrance is already good and reminds me strongly of the (probably) much more expensive White of Puredistance, which also features white musk with a honey-sweet note, but in this one a bit more refined and complex, in this one a bit more striking. But is it even necessary to combine powdery musk with powdery iris root and "powdery notes" (see above)? Obviously already.

All right then is a fine sharp-floral note, which can be smelled on the one hand by the allegedly contained neroli oil (which you can't smell so clearly in the sense of "yes, there's neroli in it", but rather in the sense of "yes, sure, there's something about neroli up there, so it must be that light fruity floral note I smell there"), on the other hand by the allegedly contained bergamot oil (you know....) could be caused.

If you throw it all together like this, 1957 will bring out a fragrance that many (especially women?) will like (musk, iris, honey) and which I really don't have to smell of a man (Please save your comments on the gender theme of perfume: Thank you!), but which probably smells quite delightful on a woman (Please save it...: Oh, forget it!).

Somehow I had to spontaneously think of the little black one, which allegedly belongs to a woman's basic wardrobe (which is very beautiful) and which, contrasting here, found an olfkatorischen reflection as a small white fragrance miracle. Could be essential.
I'll probably even like it at some point.
Santalwalti
Even men may like Coco's white pearls...
The first warm spring winds blow through the air. Mighty branches of a high towering cedar raise and lower themselves evenly, like wings of a large bird, which knows how to use the spa skillfully. This radiates a wonderful peace, this constant rhythm in the branches above me. In this season the cedar exudes a mild fine fragrance. It is already dawning and the citrus grove, which I look at unrelatedly, glows for a short time in white gold colours. The wind carries stimulating, invigorating scents over to me. I sit in the shade of my old cedar on a creaking wooden bench. Their beams have long become brittle here and there and the paint peels off everywhere. Today I enjoy a special mood, enjoy the sounds, the wind on my skin and the various smells, which become more and more intense with the evening
Fragrances of spicy floral astringency, resembling mild lavender, are in the air, mixed with abstract smells of lemongrass, light berries and peach skin. Or is it just my imagination? There also appears a delicious, lemony Earl Grey teen note, in which delicate, light pepper has gotten lost. These scents open the perfume and tell me about 1957...

It is the year in which Gabrielle Chanel arrives in the USA again great, makes a name for herself again, brings a completely new line into the American perfume world. Coco's personality, her fashion style and her fragrances - No. 5 inspired Americans enormously in the 1920s - embody for Americans the typical French elegance, a way of life that is characterized by naturalness and lightness and unbridled enjoyment of life. Avant-garde, free, life-affirming, headstrong, strong and creative - that's French and that's Coco Chanel for many as well; and that's also what her perfumes stand for.

The name 1957 is also a numbers game. No. 19 as Coco's global success and no. 57 as the house number that houses the largest Chanel retail store in the United States. For Chanel, 1957 is like a bridge between American perfumes and the incomparable character of French perfume.

The fragrance is more and more dominated by white musk after its citric-herbal, slightly lavendery attack. Perfumer Olivier Polge uses eight different types of white musk oils in this eau de parfum. As dominant and complex as these musk notes are, as unusually bright, light and airy, tender and lively they seem to me. They never get too much, never overwhelmingly loud. They are iridescent, i.e. of ever changing colourfulness. They appear one after the other sometimes lighter, sometimes darker tinted, sometimes berryy-warm, then malty-sweet, sometimes restrained, then again doing themselves out. It is for me a single, whole new note, this kind of subtle musk that breaks down very, very finely over the course of hours. But all this happens very quietly; you have to smell it very carefully to perceive these different nuances.

The heart note then clearly shows powdery tones of a mild iris root. Also Neroli, skin and juice of strong oranges, is perceptible. As if pieces of bitter orange had been dipped in forest honey to soothe the bitterness and bring a noble, liquid sweetness into play. The forest honey drips from the orange pieces onto the flower bed. That's how I feel. Thereby slight hints of ginger rise into my nose... possibly cardamom.

As already mentioned at the beginning, the smell of cedar wood is perceptible, not loud, not dark and wild. These are rather soft, fresh woody notes, which want to have a discreet say and are only kindled by the warm spring winds mentioned at the beginning.
If I wanted to characterize the character of 1957, I'd say it's a citrus-fresh, powdery-clean, clear, vibrantly changing fragrance, full of soft surprises. Very pleasant, a distinct scent of well-being, which for me fits perfectly into the approaching spring. By the way, the scent is wearable for women and men, it is said; I imagine it rather on a woman. I'd like to compare it to the legendary white pearl necklace by Coco. Just as every single pearl is unique, every moment in the 6 to 7 hours or so that the scent accompanies me after two or three powerful sprays is something special. And maybe men like Coco's white pearls too.

As is so often the case in life, my experience, also my fragrance experience, depends on my own perception, on my imagination, my openness, my current mood and my sensitivity. The scent chords can be heard as an overall chord, then it is a single sound. But if I listen attentively and analytically, as with a polyphonic piece of music, I will discover more, enjoy more. Because the volume in this piece called 1957 moves between pianissimo, piano and mezzoforte.

I would like to thank my dear fragrance friend Schwälbchen very much for this experience with 1957, which again inspired me to write.

MeursaultMeursault 158 days ago
Citrusy opening that leads to a very musky fragrance with present but subtles aldehydes. Smell like a creamy and luxurious soap. Very clean.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 15 months ago
One of the most perfect floral scents I've ever smelled. Absolutely beautiful clean scent. Suits a refined and classy girl like no other

by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by IrisNobile
in Moschuswolken .... ;))
by IrisNobile
Frohe Ostern wünsch ich euch allen. Danke für´s vorbeischauen immer wieder und für das tolle Lob, ich freu mich jedesmal sehr :) Sorry wenn ich net immer dazukomme mich persönlich zu bedanken!
by Sweetsmell75
Die kleine Gandix, ganz stimmt 1957 nicht, aber fast ;)
by Gandix
~Ich liebe Menschen, die mich zum Lachen bringen. Ich glaube wirklich, dass Lachen meine liebste Beschäftigung ist. Es heilt jede Menge Krankheiten. Vielleicht ist es überhaupt das Wichtigste am Menschen~Audrey Hepburn
by Sunshine00
by Pralinchen
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel