Allure (1999) Eau de Parfum

Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Allure (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Bourbon vanilla, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Magnolia, May rose, Mandarin, Water lily, Vetiver, Citron

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2018

The right name for a truly alluring scent
She bears the right name, she is indeed really alluring. So well blended and beautiful. A classy lady with a young vibe.
I receive tons of compliments when wearing Allure, mainly from other women. It is a really a divine scent.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10
Oriental Vanilla
I class this as an oriental vanillic. Super strong and heady, in the genre of Shalimar. Tiring of it, I handed it over to my girlfriend, who loved it up and was last heard complaining there was only now a dribble left in the bottle.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
Bad Allure Allround :(
I love "Allure Sensuelle" and that bottle almost reached its last drop, so, when I saw "Allure EdP" on sale and wanting to try a different yet *same* scent, I blind bought this - Mistake.

On my skin I get a bad peach note that is arguing with the vetiver, cedar and God knows what else it's picking a street-fight with! But it's making me dizzy and slightly nauseous. I get none of the familiar Chanel vibe at all! It might as well be a completely different house! I had to wash it off....a rare occurrence but another harsh reminder that blind buys are risky even when you already own and like the *original* or *flanker*.

Alas, to all of you whose chemistries embraces this: enjoy! I guess I have to find a home for this one and grace the Chanel counter once again with my lovely presence : )
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
I happily do without "Allure"
I cannot share the positive attitude towards "Allure". To me, it is a disappointing, boring fragrance. Too cool and detached, repetitive and dull.
Probably aimed at rich business women who want to feel secure by purchasing a famous brand, but where is the soul of this perfume?
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Perfection
I'm in love with Allure.
For me, it is the best perfume ever.
Elegant, sophisticated, sexy and seductive.
Allure is not just a fragrance, it's a must have!
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Creamy bouquet
I was surprised that this was a Chanel perfume. It was definitely not what I would have expected from their range. It's so deliciously soft and feminine. Other Chanel fragrances, to my nose, smelt sharp and mature, but not this one.

On my skin it transforms into a lovely warm vanilla and jasmine, which surprisingly exudes sex appeal. I was always one for describing Chanel fragrances as classy and conservative, but never in my life would I have thought that one of their scents would be so sensual and sexy.

Allure still does, however, stay true to the Chanel style, remaining classy, elegant and timeless. What I love most about this fragrance is its ability to suit almost every occasion. You could wear it to work, on a date, to a wedding or anywhere your heart desires. You wouldn't even have to re-apply this perfume at the end of the day because the lasting power is so good.

It is fairly obvious and easy to conclude that a woman that wears this has impeccable taste in perfume.

LauraBella 13 months ago
I would love it more with less citrus. Too "bright" for my tastes, but lovely on others.+5
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.5
Jazzy76 46 days ago
"Something in the way she moves..." could be the right musical transposition of this scent, discrete but very feminin with a citrusy touch

• Sommergartendüfte by Santalwalti
  • by Iris983 by Iris983
  • by ExUser by ExUser
  • by JulieFä91 by JulieFä91

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel