Allure 1999 Eau de Parfum

Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Allure (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Water lilyWater lily
VetiverVetiver
CitronCitron

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.10.2021.

Appearance + Behaviour x Scent = Attraction
Let's start with a little translation first:

allure - English noun: attraction, charm, seduction, verb: to charm, to be attracted
- french. Noun: 1. pace, speed, 2. appearance, 3. demeanor, behavior

Apparently there are strong differences in meaning depending on which language you translate "allure" into. The French translation is still quite general, while the English is more precise. However, if you add the French meanings 2 (appearance) and 3 (behavior), you get a formula that gets you somewhat closer to the English meaning. An outwardly beautiful person, can appear quite repulsive if he behaves in a level-less manner. Conversely, a visually unattractive person can still seem attractive if they shine by their behavior. If a person has both good looks and good behavior: JACKPOT!

But there's something else about a person that turns our heads: their scent. You can smell someone or you can't. By perfume, this impression is additionally strengthened, because it develops differently on the skin with each wearer*in and because the scent reflects what type we are: spirited, sensual, natural, sophisticated, etc.

Chanel "Allure" has exactly this potential to turn an attractive person into an attractive one. It has a certain charm, an aura that I associate a lovely person with. I sprayed it on my forearm in the morning and "watched" it throughout the day. A pleasant waft of fragrance kept coming to me, making me feel comfortable and at home. Warm, gentle, feminine and soft is how I imagine the person wearing "Allure". She is fresh, clean, powdered and creamed, in short: well-groomed. As the evening progressed, the scent became heavier and retreated into the skin.

My conclusion: I'm not THE person with whom I associate "Allure", but on another woman I can imagine him very well - on a good friend, a woman in the middle of life. Personally, the scent is also a bit too heavy for me, a bit bitter, but miles more pleasant than other scents with bitter notes. But it shouldn't be hard to find a lighter version of this fragrance, or at least a variation, maybe even a dupe that's much cheaper.

"Allure" - a good choice, then, to whom it suits. But it's worth keeping your eyes open for similar fragrances
La Vie à Paris
When I was a little child I lived with my mother in Paris, because she had a job there. Unfortunately, I can not remember much more. Only the pömpesen central station and the general "Parisian romance" That floated in the air. And of this one fragrance, which for me embodies Paris in a bottle. It smells so noble and so heartwarming. A very good interplay of florals and.vanilla from the house of Chanel. It is a definite Chanel, But it is a little more lovely than its brothers and sisters. Great fragrance that will forever remind me of my mother and Paris.
Very nice For the office, job interviews or brunch with the ladies :)
H+S Top
Allure, liquid gold
This perfume I like to call liquid gold. Many years ago, I got a small bottle for my birthday. I have guarded him like a treasure, but
sometime he was used up.

Now in these dark months besides wearing masks, I had been thinking all the time about what I could do good for myself...and then I remembered this treasure.

It's been sitting in my closet since last weekend, the first time I opened it and sprayed it on my wrist, it was like stepping back in time.
There are incredibly many great fragrances, but Allure is for me personally queen.
My first Chanel
Allure will accompany me forever.
The vanilla is excellent hit for me, it gives the perfume warmth and even a slight woodiness, along with the vetiver.
Allure fits for me also in every season and to almost all occasions.
I find Allure to be very cuddly without being smothering.
It's a bit powdery and floral.
Jasmine can be perceived, as well as magnolia and May rose.
In the course of the fragrance flashes always times the lemon. That distinguishes Allure.
It is an all-rounder. Even more so an elegant one.
The honeysuckle is great placed.
Allure is really a beautiful fragrance.
It picks up many components without being a bad and too loud mixture. For me, nothing stings there.
This fragrance is one of my favorite, sometimes I use it almost daily and sometimes not at all for a long time, but a bottle is in the house

Germanblonde
The right name for a truly alluring scent
She bears the right name, she is indeed really alluring. So well blended and beautiful. A classy lady with a young vibe.
I receive tons of compliments when wearing Allure, mainly from other women. It is a really a divine scent.

Oriental Vanilla
I class this as an oriental vanillic. Super strong and heady, in the genre of Shalimar. Tiring of it, I handed it over to my girlfriend, who loved it up and was last heard complaining there was only now a dribble left in the bottle.

Bad Allure Allround :(
I love "Allure Sensuelle" and that bottle almost reached its last drop, so, when I saw "Allure EdP" on sale and wanting to try a different yet *same* scent, I blind bought this - Mistake.

On my skin I get a bad peach note that is arguing with the vetiver, cedar and God knows what else it's picking a street-fight with! But it's making me dizzy and slightly nauseous. I get none of the familiar Chanel vibe at all! It might as well be a completely different house! I had to wash it off....a rare occurrence but another harsh reminder that blind buys are risky even when you already own and like the *original* or *flanker*.

Alas, to all of you whose chemistries embraces this: enjoy! I guess I have to find a home for this one and grace the Chanel counter once again with my lovely presence : )

Gold
I happily do without "Allure"
I cannot share the positive attitude towards "Allure". To me, it is a disappointing, boring fragrance. Too cool and detached, repetitive and dull.
Probably aimed at rich business women who want to feel secure by purchasing a famous brand, but where is the soul of this perfume?

Perfection
I'm in love with Allure.
For me, it is the best perfume ever.
Elegant, sophisticated, sexy and seductive.
Allure is not just a fragrance, it's a must have!

Creamy bouquet
I was surprised that this was a Chanel perfume. It was definitely not what I would have expected from their range. It's so deliciously soft and feminine. Other Chanel fragrances, to my nose, smelt sharp and mature, but not this one.

On my skin it transforms into a lovely warm vanilla and jasmine, which surprisingly exudes sex appeal. I was always one for describing Chanel fragrances as classy and conservative, but never in my life would I have thought that one of their scents would be so sensual and sexy.

Allure still does, however, stay true to the Chanel style, remaining classy, elegant and timeless. What I love most about this fragrance is its ability to suit almost every occasion. You could wear it to work, on a date, to a wedding or anywhere your heart desires. You wouldn't even have to re-apply this perfume at the end of the day because the lasting power is so good.

It is fairly obvious and easy to conclude that a woman that wears this has impeccable taste in perfume.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
"Something in the way she moves..." could be the right musical transposition of this scent, discrete but very feminin with a citrusy touch
LauraBellaLauraBella 4 years ago
I would love it more with less citrus. Too "bright" for my tastes, but lovely on others.

by Tahnee
by Iris983
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel