Allure (1999) Eau de Parfum

Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Allure (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Bourbon vanilla, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Magnolia, May rose, Mandarin, Water lily, Vetiver, Citron

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.05.2019

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Santalwalti
Wonderful - at the blue hour on my garden bench
These warm spring evenings in May and June, which announce the summer, only really hint at it, I love very much. What suddenly breaks out of the dark earth, fascinates me again and again. Sometimes in long winter months I look at my photos from last spring longingly and almost unbelievingly, can hardly believe that it once looked so rich, so colourful, so full, so intense and lively in my garden
But my experience tells me, contrary to my feeling, that spring will come again. This inexorable activity, guided by nature, will certainly return, with singing birds and humming bees, twigs in the air and flowers on the ground. Once again, buds will form, open, turn to the light and lavishly reveal their scent hidden in countless flowers. Again beetles, ants, bumble bees, dragonflies, butterflies, toads and everything that creeps and flies will claim the garden for themselves and enliven it... At the latest then I can smell and see that the colourless, bare times are over! Both the lawn, which has regained its appearance, and the bushes and trees with their green leaves form its simple yet impressive backdrop for what is to come: a fragrant splendour of colour that revives not only the garden, but also myself.

It is as if an artist had repeatedly mixed his colours on the palette and thus arbitrarily, without a plan, painted the green-brown monotony. White pink magnolias, violet lilac, blue iris, pink peony, bright red poppy, blue cornflowers, pink clover, many kinds of roses, blue lavender, white jasmine, yellow-shining St. John's wort - they all look like spots of colour on a canvas. The sun plays with light and shadow in the up and down swinging branches and leaves, and depending on its position the picture changes. A spectacle of nature that, as I said, is the most beautiful for me on warm spring evenings. My garden bench made of eucalyptus wood stands in the middle of the meadow on such evenings and on the table lies the obligatory book - a novel, a biography, a volume of poetry or perhaps an informative illustrated book about perfumes - at least the book I'm reading....

And of course I am freshly scented on such evenings, like my flowers in the garden.

For these precious moments I now prefer ALLURE. Nothing fits better for me to this special mood of an outgoing day, which I can watch calmly. The name means 'charisma' or 'elegant appearance'. I can only underline this, because it is a noble, expressive and ladylike perfume in the best sense of the word, which exudes elegance and exotic flair. Some will say it's too hard, too traditional for them. But it is neither one nor the other. I like it, I like it a lot. It gives me a touch of luxury, precisely because it is a striking and classic noble perfume. What I particularly like is that the sweetness (Bourbon vanilla) is given a certain depth by the flower bed all around, no sweet treat, but solid confectionery. That's what I like most about this perfume. This radiant fragrance composition also fits so well because it develops, continues to move over a longer period of time and never stands still. She knows different nuances - like the blue hour I like to spend on my garden bench. This is now my favorite scented robe for warm spring evenings. I feel as if it unites two different characters in itself: Clearly in the foreground are light, clear, bright, elegant and life-affirming notes and then there are also refined, hidden, dark, almost mystical tones, which only sound soft...

With his heart of vanilla ALLURE carries me from flower to flower, envelops me, is caressing, light as a feather, bright, silky and almost tender to me. In my imagination I imagine a filigree, gently flowing fabric in light beige and rose tones. A radiant perfume that suggests Cédrat and delicious mandarins to me at the beginning and with which I feel airy and happy like a butterfly. It attracts me irresistibly to all the flower scents it contains, to their beauty, aromas and colours. When I close my eyes, I hear fruity and floral as well as spicy oriental notes, accompanied by a very soft almond marzipan note... Just beautiful! I enjoy the shimmering light on honey-scented honeysuckle, on luminous jasmine, on silky-smooth magnolia blossoms, which flows out of the perfume in fine doses. I also flutter around the multi-leaved, apricot 'May Rose' in it, feel the elegance of water lilies... and I am happy. Really happy. And of course this also has to do with ALLURE.

I would like to mention two more things, namely that ALLURE never gets too loud on my skin and even with a few sprayers lasts from morning until sunset, and that the tangerine indicated in the pyramid could also be an Italian sun-ripened apricot for me, so the fruity note is more gourmandy-creamy than juicy-sweet.
# I would like to thank the dear scent friend here on Parfumo who sent me a sample.

Germanblonde
The right name for a truly alluring scent
She bears the right name, she is indeed really alluring. So well blended and beautiful. A classy lady with a young vibe.
I receive tons of compliments when wearing Allure, mainly from other women. It is a really a divine scent.

Oriental Vanilla
I class this as an oriental vanillic. Super strong and heady, in the genre of Shalimar. Tiring of it, I handed it over to my girlfriend, who loved it up and was last heard complaining there was only now a dribble left in the bottle.
5.0 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Bad Allure Allround :(
I love "Allure Sensuelle" and that bottle almost reached its last drop, so, when I saw "Allure EdP" on sale and wanting to try a different yet *same* scent, I blind bought this - Mistake.

On my skin I get a bad peach note that is arguing with the vetiver, cedar and God knows what else it's picking a street-fight with! But it's making me dizzy and slightly nauseous. I get none of the familiar Chanel vibe at all! It might as well be a completely different house! I had to wash it off....a rare occurrence but another harsh reminder that blind buys are risky even when you already own and like the *original* or *flanker*.

Alas, to all of you whose chemistries embraces this: enjoy! I guess I have to find a home for this one and grace the Chanel counter once again with my lovely presence : )
5.0 8.0 8.0 2.0/10

Gold
I happily do without "Allure"
I cannot share the positive attitude towards "Allure". To me, it is a disappointing, boring fragrance. Too cool and detached, repetitive and dull.
Probably aimed at rich business women who want to feel secure by purchasing a famous brand, but where is the soul of this perfume?
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Perfection
I'm in love with Allure.
For me, it is the best perfume ever.
Elegant, sophisticated, sexy and seductive.
Allure is not just a fragrance, it's a must have!
5.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Creamy bouquet
I was surprised that this was a Chanel perfume. It was definitely not what I would have expected from their range. It's so deliciously soft and feminine. Other Chanel fragrances, to my nose, smelt sharp and mature, but not this one.

On my skin it transforms into a lovely warm vanilla and jasmine, which surprisingly exudes sex appeal. I was always one for describing Chanel fragrances as classy and conservative, but never in my life would I have thought that one of their scents would be so sensual and sexy.

Allure still does, however, stay true to the Chanel style, remaining classy, elegant and timeless. What I love most about this fragrance is its ability to suit almost every occasion. You could wear it to work, on a date, to a wedding or anywhere your heart desires. You wouldn't even have to re-apply this perfume at the end of the day because the lasting power is so good.

It is fairly obvious and easy to conclude that a woman that wears this has impeccable taste in perfume.

Jazzy76 10 months ago
"Something in the way she moves..." could be the right musical transposition of this scent, discrete but very feminin with a citrusy touch
LauraBella 21 months ago
I would love it more with less citrus. Too Bright for my tastes, but lovely on others.+5
10.0

Sommergartendüfte
Gartenduft mit Mairose
by Tahnee
by Tahnee
Five o'clock tea with rum...
geliebter Frühlingsgartenduft....
by Iris983
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel