Allure (1996)Eau de Toilette

Allure (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Bergamot, Jasmine, Magnolia, May rose, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Peony, Peach, Waterlily, Lemon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.12.2019.

6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Tomorrow is today already yesterday
Allure. If I had been asked whether I knew Allure before I received the bottling, I would certainly have said yes, even if I had not remembered it more precisely. Of course I know Allure, it has always been felt, and when I smell it, I would certainly recognize it. I thought so.
I was right. I was right. And I was wrong.

Yes, I know Allure, but I never thought that I would associate memories with this fragrance, memories of a whole phase of life, a phase of life that is over, but which I hadn't yet classified as a phase or really as past. But as soon as I smell Allure, I feel like I'm taken back, taken back to the - yes, it must have been the late 90s or even the turn of the millennium, much earlier Allure didn't exist. But it feels like it was ages ago and not "only" about 20 years ago.
Unfortunately, I do not know exactly when my bottling took place, because Allure has certainly already been reformulated. My Allure has a lush floral softness, is warm but not sweet, friendly and powerful. This gives the impression that the real, powerful, genuine raw materials from the listed flowers were still used here. I smell a bouquet of abundance from which, interestingly, I cannot smell and identify a single flower more precisely. I don't even smell water lilies, although I often find them annoying in small quantities and they have already spoiled many otherwise beautiful scents for me. However, after some time Allure gets the impression of a hairspray moschus, which keeps me in my 90s memories.
In the further course now something stabbing develops - unfortunately. But also this kind of stabbing is somehow authentic from that time - probably due to the used jasmine scents - and in this case it fits into my world of memories.
This stabbing end and the musk, which are now increasing more and more until the end, are probably also the reason why I did not wear Allure even then. Also in my circle of friends nobody had it and yet the scent was obviously omnipresent, otherwise it would not be bearer of so many memories.

A scent that I never wore, that was not worn by my friends, neither by my mother nor by my grandmothers - and yet it unwinds a whole phase of life in front of my inner eye. What, if not something like that, should be called a modern classic?
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Jazzy76
"Something in the way She moves..."
I must confess it: I was often influenced by the bottle shape or the packaging before testing a scent and I 've waited many time before testing this Chanel's edt : its bottle so minimal, so squared, almost masculine, just like the minimalist Nineties would, inspired me something too "cold".
But a few weeks ago something has changed: my more open attitude and my curiosity drove me to smell finally this scent while I was at one of the best drugstores of my town. Oh my God! Why Have I waited for so long? Its bouquet on my my skin was simply wonderful , so feminine, bright, classy and sexy at the same time. The perfect daily scent with a very good sillage and a sense of clean and fresh without renouncing to a touch of sensuality.
The first notes I perceived were fizzy : citruses such as mandarin, lemon and bergamot and the deeper but not too intoxicating bitter orange touch. Then, a feminine flowery heart revealed its power: soft rose, peony and an almost creamy magnolia lasting on my skin all day long. I don't see here on the pyramid above any base note, but there's something deep adn sensual giving that sexy touch to this scent.
Now I understand the reason of the name: the french word "Allure" meaning style, class and elegance and suddenly on my mind resouned the famous George Harrison's wonderful song saying "Something in the way She moves..."
The woman wearing this scent is classy and refined but modern and simple at the same time, she represents a fresh femininty never "shouted". This great contemporary Chanel's classic is expensive (more than 100€ for a 100ml size) but I think it might be a must have for a perfumes collector

Jazzy76 15 months ago
In its minimal squared bottle, a refined, classy and feminin tripudium of white flowers and citrusy accents. Discrete sillage .High price
Alex1984 16 months ago
Inspired by Dune, and the inspiration for Dove circa 90/2000. Powdery, creamy, sharp. Nice and much better than later ones from Chanel.+3

Pfingstgemüse mit Gestrüpp (für Fresh)
Tomte und die pure Neugier
by Floyd
Vintage Helene (für Fresh)
by Pluto
by Merlina
by Goldlola
by Goldlola

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel