Allure (1996) Eau de Toilette

Allure (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Bergamot, Jasmine, Magnolia, May rose, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Peony, Peach, Waterlily, Lemon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Jazzy76
"Something in the way She moves..."
I must confess it: I was often influenced by the bottle shape or the packaging before testing a scent and I 've waited many time before testing this Chanel's edt : its bottle so minimal, so squared, almost masculine, just like the minimalist Nineties would, inspired me something too "cold".
But a few weeks ago something has changed: my more open attitude and my curiosity drove me to smell finally this scent while I was at one of the best drugstores of my town. Oh my God! Why Have I waited for so long? Its bouquet on my my skin was simply wonderful , so feminine, bright, classy and sexy at the same time. The perfect daily scent with a very good sillage and a sense of clean and fresh without renouncing to a touch of sensuality.
The first notes I perceived were fizzy : citruses such as mandarin, lemon and bergamot and the deeper but not too intoxicating bitter orange touch. Then, a feminine flowery heart revealed its power: soft rose, peony and an almost creamy magnolia lasting on my skin all day long. I don't see here on the pyramid above any base note, but there's something deep adn sensual giving that sexy touch to this scent.
Now I understand the reason of the name: the french word "Allure" meaning style, class and elegance and suddenly on my mind resouned the famous George Harrison's wonderful song saying "Something in the way She moves..."
The woman wearing this scent is classy and refined but modern and simple at the same time, she represents a fresh femininty never "shouted". This great contemporary Chanel's classic is expensive (more than 100€ for a 100ml size) but I think it might be a must have for a perfumes collector

Jazzy76 12 months ago
In its minimal squared bottle, a refined, classy and feminin tripudium of white flowers and citrusy accents. Discrete sillage .High price
Alex1984 13 months ago
Inspired by Dune, and the inspiration for Dove circa 90/2000. Powdery, creamy, sharp. Nice and much better than later ones from Chanel.+3

Pfingstgemüse mit Gestrüpp (für Fresh)
Tomte und die pure Neugier
by Floyd
Vintage Helene (für Fresh)
by Pluto
by Arlufkin
by Goldlola
by Goldlola

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel