Allure Homme 1999Eau de Toilette

Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Bottle Design Jacques Helleu
Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAniseed, Freesia, Gardenia, Jasmine, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Rosewood, Vetiver, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Coconut, Leather, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.10.2020.

Ageless and free...
A wonderful scent of elegance and distinction, the result of a natural blend of citrus essences and spices, topped with what in French would be called a "je ne sais quoi", a mysterious ingredient, perhaps related to its peppery freshness. It has already turned 20 years old, but I would say it is ageless. For me, anyway. And it brings back fond memories of far happier times, when we were free to go out into the world and breathe in all what nature and human maestria had to offer, without fear of tomorrow and one's fellow human beings. Those were the days...
Musikus70
I like it better than AHSEE
After AHSEE was a blind buy due to the good ratings without exception on the net I tested the Allure Homme in the shop. At first I didn't smell much on the cardboard strip, which is mostly the case with me, with a few exceptions. I smell wet cardboard, nothing else. Arrived at home, sniffed again. Aah, that smells good. Smells good the following days too, still good. Then the decision was made, bought it and no regrets. I would describe it as very balanced. Nothing stands out, nothing annoys and towards the end it becomes a little vanilla. A citric prelude, as often described, I cannot necessarily confirm. There are completely different calibres(Dior Eau Sauvage).
Compared to AHSEE, I really like this one better, because it doesn't have that smashed Tonka bomb, which you can smell 10 meters against the wind and which still doesn't let go of you the next
Liberty City
I dedicate my first comment on Parfumo to you.

February 2018, Tuesday morning, my father collapses for inexplicable reasons 3 times in a row and what is the best thing to do in such a case? Right, off to the hospital! From ward to ward and at no less than 9 pm we were sent home with the prognosis: "Didn't find anything". The next morning the same thing, only this time the cause was obvious and has a name: the left heart valve
This (somewhat private) introduction is necessary to understand my first encounter with Allure Homme. When my father had to be driven to the hospital of the state capital for the operation, I decided to wear a jacket which I had not worn for a long time. During the numerous checks that are carried out during an admission, I searched my jacket pockets in the waiting area out of curiosity. Besides lip balm, there was also a sample of Allure Homme in it for reasons I couldn't explain, which I had just stared at for minutes. At that time I didn't even know that such a sample existed, because apart from Égoïste (to whom I have a special bond) everything from Chanel left me cold. Even though I belong to this type of person who immediately associates smells with events (be it positive or even negative), despite everything in the meantime the sample found its place on my wrist and I was left sitting with 3 floating question marks above my head. It should be noted that it was only at the beginning of 2018 that I decided to start my fragrance journey and Allure Homme did not make it easy for me. In the beginning I would have described the opening as pungent and citric, even bitter, then a bit floral, woody, getting sweeter and sweeter and finally creamy. To confirm my opinion, I looked at Parfumo for a moment and the mixed opinions made me believe that I had the confirmation So the chapter Allure Homme is closed.

2020
Moved, married and now also father. Not only my innumerable fragrances have found a place in the house, but also the samples may stay in a nice box. Only not the one from Allure Homme, because it is still in the jacket that I wore during all those visits to the hospital. My father is doing very well again since the operation. Since I went out with my daughter to play in the garden and it is still a bit fresh in the morning, I decided to wear the familiar jacket again and of course I rummaged through my pockets out of curiosity and there it was: the rehearsal. As a "scent madman" I couldn't resist the temptation and so she found her second place on my wrist. Will I be catapulted directly into the year 2018? Whether it will put me in a somewhat depressed mood? If I hate myself for thinking that Allure Homme was an adulterated plörre? The start, still citric, a bit biting and bitter. What?! Instead of the Lower Austria Regional Hospital, I'm in New York, Central Park to be exact. Sometime in September mid 2000, I'm sitting on a park bench near the exit while the typical Yellows Cabs are buzzing around in the background. A hot dog vendor is not far from me. Enjoying, that's what I am doing right now. To be honest, I have never been to New York before, I only know it from film and television. But as soon as I apply this scent I feel like Doug from King of Queens, David from Vanilla Sky or even Stu from Not Hanging Up! (rather unpleasant in the phone booth, but hey: I'm in New York!) Suddenly you seem to me so perfectly tuned that it gives me goose bumps. Here every note has a right to exist, there is harmony and with you I feel safe. Allure Homme, my little New York.
Smellscent
I'm sticking with the original
You probably know the situation: You get to know one flanker of a fragrance and you are quite taken with it, then you get to know another flanker and you also like this one ... Finally you think: So, and how does the so to speak "unflanked" original smell?
In this case it is a fragrance from 1999, a year in which we were all (if we were already in the world :-)) 21 years younger. The colouring of the pyramid alone is impressive and could possibly have a prophylactic deterrent effect: What the heck is this, what is this adventurous mixture? Please, please: Don't be put off, test: A single spray says more than a thousand scented pyramids!
Fruity - Floral - Woody - this is how one could describe the fragrance in three short words. However, this is probably a little too short and you have to be a little more detailed. The opening is promising: a full, impressive citric fruitiness, enriched with ripe peach. Ginger is now something that I don't really appreciate. But here it is either imperceptible or so finely woven that it doesn't bother me. The whole thing doesn't seem overloaded gourmand. Fine!

The heart note is like a floral gliding over into the woody-warm drydown that lasts for a long time. Woody-creamy, probably the tonka bean, almost a bit powdery, a fine vanilla coconut touch is also added. It is always well-balanced, subtle, balanced, not overwhelming, not bulky, not ostentatious. Spraying is not necessary in my opinion, two sprays will last the whole day
It does indeed have an incredible potential for fragrance development and perhaps what the advertising promises is true here, namely that it develops differently in each person! Critics would now say and have often said (also in this forum) that this is an overpriced common scent that smells of everything and nothing. I would answer them: The attraction of AH lies precisely in this incredibly playful, wide-spread scent arc of the scent universe. Everyone finds himself, so to speak, everyone can discover his favourite aspect in it. An artist, who brings such a thing about!

AH is neither a heavy nor a light scent, it is (very important for me) not too sweet, it is of course not too tart, it is simply a pleasant, sensual scent with good durability, best to wear in spring and autumn. It unfolds its Sillage rather briefly and then develops pleasantly close to the skin for about 10 hours.

[Irony ON] Look at that: Individuality in the mainstream segment!! Is that even allowed? [Irony OFF]

I could imagine that he has a certain attraction for women, as he is sometimes said to be :-)

Honestly: This one impresses me so much that I'm not really interested in the other Allure Homme Flankers (exception: Edition Blanche) anymore.

You can think of fragrance committees as you like (members, statutes, dependencies, networks, etc.), but I think that this fragrance has not been accepted twice (2000 and 2012) into the Hall of Fame of the Fragrance Foundation Germany category "Classic Men's Fragrances"
I would say Chanel Allure Homme EdT is indeed the original and he lets his versatile flankers be what they are: Flankers!

I don't forgive 100% that easily. But this one receives it from me with fullest conviction, in my opinion it clearly has signature potential. I find it impressive when people consistently use a fragrance over many years and decades, with this one I can imagine it very well
The fact that he is sometimes extremely ripped off here in the forum does not impress me. For me, this is just one more proof of the uniqueness of every single person: Every skin and every nose is just not compatible with every fragrance and why should it be different at AH. That is very good. I think to myself that his commercial success does not come by chance and he should meet the taste of many people already.

In connection with AH, the following sayings have come to my mind: "Cobbler stick to your last" or "Back to the roots" or "There is usually nothing better to follow". I for one will stick with the original and would wish the AH many more years. Chapeau!

Not Boring Or Monotonous, Rather, Bright And Crisp
This year Chanel's Allure pour Homme turns 21, and yet it is still so contemporary, bold, pleasing! Fresh, spicy, sweet, and woody, perfect for these first sparkling and uncertain spring days. Wait a moment, I know it wears better during the autumn season, but also in early spring it's okay. Remarkable. Where have I been this whole time neglecting the Allure of all Allures? Incredible. Why was I so naive to try its flankers and not this one? I fell in love with this scent at first sniff when it was resealed in 1999, but did not buy it. Stupid of me. No matter if the name is coming from French, which means elegance and fashion, or from English, which means attractive and tempting, the more I smell it, the more nouns popup in my mind. It is delightful, inviting, inoffensive, like Damien Rice's "My Favourite Faded Fantasy" coming across a mall speaker system.

The opening of Allure pour Homme is copious with citrus, green, spice, and aldehydes. It is a sublime, fruity, creamy, woodsy, lemony, floral, and sweet fragrance with that tag Chanel aldehydic polish and a sharp powderiness that I love. The top is a dancing melody of multi-faceted allspice redolence that exhibits a dry and attractive mandarin and ginger, creamy lavender, and sweet peach.

So it subsides. Another delicious sweetness takes place, an exciting spiciness of anise and pepper appears. The pepper accord enhances an incredibly masculine feeling of all the freshness. Somewhere a sweet rose floats among other delicate white flowers and a delicious fruit basket above the strong and intense notes of cedar and rosewood. Allure's heart is almost dandy in its beauty.

Afterward, a smooth and very delicate woody appearance comes wrapped in silky soft leather and a little musk. The combination of tonka bean, amber, benzoin, and sandalwood leaves a beautiful memory. Although not a gourmand per se, it is firm, and the tonka beans give it a sweet, powerful aura. I think Allure pour Homme has one of the best dry downs and trails you can ask for! All that concerns the conclusion of Allure Homme is only an aura of fragrance, a simulation of something that, like amaretto or grenadine cherry, is recognizable as creative.

Perfect for the middle seasons and cold summer nights out. Allure has lots of class and is ideal for the office, or a daytime gets together. I think it is helpful when you need something notable but not intense or impertinent, like when you go to a music concert, a dinner, or a date. The projection is mediocre, and it is longevous, over 6 hours on my skin, which is very difficult for any fragrance to accomplish these days. Best of all, I got my first compliment within 10 minutes of applying it. I only recently purchased Allure pour Homme because I had tried it multiple times for years, in different seasons, to be sure it was going to be a happy buy.

On the last note, Allure pour Homme has something in it that is what I'd describe as spiky. You can smell it distinctly by itself, but I don't know what it is. It's something that I love. It is certainly distinctive. As I wear this fragrance, I randomly get three different impressions at any given moment. In essence, sometimes classic aldehydes and dry citrus, other times sharp pepper against a dried out grassiness, and still other times the luscious and mellow warmth of labdanum, subdued patchouli, and tonka bean. I remember I had a similar experience with Loewe's Solo, where the accords come and go in a continuous rotation. As is always the case, you should try Allure Homme for yourself, and give it a full day's wearing to judge if it's for you. It is not boring or dull. Instead, it is bright and crisp while maintaining a high level of sophistication.

-Elysium
Love at second sight
I got the fragrance as a present for my Matura (high school graduation) a few years ago. At that time I was 18 years old and was extremely happy about this gift. Afterwards I searched for Youtube videos and reviews on the internet to see what other people think of this fragrance. Everywhere you read that the Sport version is supposed to smell a lot better than this one and that Allure Homme is rather not a fragrance for teenagers. Afterwards I gave Allure Homme to my father and I myself got the sports version. (I still feel bad for this action to this day).

Last week I gave Allure Homme a second chance as I was no longer sure what this one actually smelled like. Boom. I bought it right away. Not even compared prices online, because I had to have it immediately. Wearing this fragrance now for 1 week and must say that I have fallen in love. The durability could of course be a bit better, but the smell is so good that I can cope with it.

Lessons learned: Don't let yourself be manipulated too much by all those Youtube or Instagram influencers. Certainly they sometimes recommend good fragrances, which trigger good reactions in women. But in the end, the most important thing is that you like the scent.

By the way, I have hardly used the sports version until today, because the fragrance simply smells too mainstream for me.
N471v3
"Something is not perfect when you can't give anything to improve it, but when you can't take anything away without worsening it."
From Molière. Or Michael Angelo? Ok, I have no idea... :D I admit it.

But this saying has just shot through my head in my experience with Allure Homme.

My story with Allure Homme is funny. A few years ago, at the beginning of my perfume career, I came across "Allure Homme Sport", "Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme" and "Edition Blanché". These are what I call "drop-out fragrances." That means they're, in my opinion, perfumes that could end the search, and be happy forever, and smell good The smell, the predicates (durability & silage), the applicability to almost all occasions, everything fits. Signature-enabled fragrances, if you will.

But then where would be the fun of the new discoveries when you stop searching? ;)

Anyway, a few years ago I also tested the not so often mentioned Allure Homme in a department store. Unfortunately, the experience was rather unfortunate, even an hour later it smelled only over-twisted sweet, up into the frontal sinus, much too strong.
Sweet with an oriental touch, much too strong and shocking.

Well, I'm afraid from this point of view, I've had a fatal false impression while testing. Either my nose was already overdriven by the department store, or I simply applied too much, or smelled too close to it with my nose, or the scent was reformulated since then
Cause I recently came up with that again. I think I didn't have it in my hand for a long time, had the intuition in the business that I had to try it again.
And BÄM!!! What I smell now is a mainly fresh, spicy, woody scent, with a slightly oriental touch, and a fabulously well balanced sweetness.
You can smell the lemon strongly, but I personally cannot separate it from the bergamot. Sandalwood smells with vanilla one also, coconut luckily not!!
But it's definitely more than the sum of its parts, just look at all the notes... nothing was left to chance, it was optimized for a long time in the dark room. :)

The fragrance now reminds me immensely of Ferragamo F Black, one of my absolute favorite / signature fragrances. Which is really cool... :)

Allure Homme is almost like a mixture of F by Ferragamo,- and F Black, so Allure is like the EdT if F Black were the EdP.

A little airier, a little less body.

But just a phenomenally good perfume...

And to get back to the title, although I like all Allure Homme Flankers, I understand them only now completely, and see Allure Homme as "the geometrical center" of this series.

I would certainly have worn this fragrance often in situations where I thought about it between the others. Everyone is really good... briefly summarized:
Sport is slightly more youthful in appearance, and more summery.
Eau Extreme has a characteristic oriental touch with high recognition value, and is slightly heavier, EdP more moderate.
Edition Blanche has a slightly strange (but beautiful) peculiarity, somehow it reminds me of a silk scarf. Lemon, and so velvety and smooth... but at the same time a little bit buff, snooty.

And Allure Homme is the focus... the reclining daddy who is very aware of himself and doesn't have to be anything special.
The distilled original idea of a fragrance series, the atomic, indivisible smallest joint of DNA.

And it's really good at that, my opener in the headline says it.

I don't mean to say that he is better per se than one of the Flankers, every one of them has his fans, and his fields of application.

But the knowledge to grasp and understand this scent now feels just like an enlightenment.

What fascinates me even more is how a fragrance from 1999 can still be so timeless and good! Was that strongly reformulated?
Didn't my nose deceive me, and he's not himself anymore, was vl. even closer to F Black?
Otherwise it has aged exorbitantly well! :)

Tell me in the answers what you think.

I say goodbye enlightened, and with Allure Homme of Chanel on my body, into the night!

Your N471v3
DonJuanDeCat
The beginning of everything!
Hello, folks. Welcome to a new commentary from me today describing a fragrance that should be familiar to everyone here, even if you've never smelt it before. It's about Chanel - Allure Homme, the very original Allure Homme, so no sport or something.

A fragrance that smells good and made sure that later, especially with the sports variants, really popular Flankers appeared, which unfortunately were popular for a while ZU and were used by everyone, similar to Thierry Mugler's Alien, which all smell super, but often still provide for eye rolls because they have been used by so many too often (waaah, some girls even find Alien really awful!!!) *sigh* You smell so delicious with it...).
The Allure series is also known for being "panty droppers"... well, some people have told me that Allure Homme Sport would smell great, but I have never seen dropping briefs with it before, no *sigh* :DD
In any case, they seemed to be well received, which had ensured that the fragrances were often used at parties at that time. I honestly don't know what it looks like today.

Be that as it may, even though this fragrance should be 20 years old now, it was all the more time that I tested it and described it here. And although it seems to smell quite similar to its following flankers, this one has a little more elegance and maturity somehow...

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins very nicely with citrus-fresh notes like lemon or bergamot, herbaceous scents like ginger (which go very well with the fresh and citrus notes!) and lavender, which gives the fragrance a slightly more mature impression. Somehow I already smell the tonka bean slightly out, which also allows me to perceive the typical scent of the Allure Homme Sport range.
The tonka bean even becomes quite strong, so that you can smell its powdery-sweet scent quite well. Together with ginger and lavender, the fragrance smells very good, and there is also a little pepper to go with it, which smells neither pungent nor overwhelming and is well balanced. I don't really smell all the indicated flowers, they probably serve for the good overall impression of the fragrance, without one being able to perceive or determine these fragrances correctly at all.
In the background there are amber and benzoin, which make the fragrance appear quite soft and soft despite some bitter or spicy notes like pepper, especially in combination with the also soft and powdery fragrances like tonka bean and (a little later) vanilla.
Later, one smells mainly Tonkabohe + vanilla most intensively, then comes the described remainder like amber, lavender, light pepper, benzoin and remaining citric notes.
Much later one smells, as usual with fragrances with tonka and vanilla, almost only these two fragrances the most or the longest out. All in all a very beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is okay, but I find that the scent is not a firecracker because of the strength. The best way to smell the fragrance is to smell it close up, because I had the feeling that its intensity went down quickly. The shelf life was not bad due to the Tonka+Vanilla combination with its eight to ten hours, but the scent is unfortunately quite weak at the later hour as far as the Sillage is concerned.

The bottle:
The rectangular, slightly bloated bottle here is transparent with a light light brown bronze hue. In this colour, only slightly more intense, is also the large inscription on the bottle. The cylindrical lid has a light, olive-brown-silver colour and has a chrome ring with the Chanel inscription on it in the middle. The logo of Chanel can also be seen on the lid. All in all a beautiful, noble looking bottle.

Soo... I really liked the smell. He also reminded me very much of the sports series. Of course I mean the quite successful Homme Sport and Homme Sport Eau Extrême fragrances, and not the in my opinion somewhat worse Colognes (among other things with the grandios stupid name "... Sport Cologne Sport"... so you have to have a doctorate to get such a name...).

Yeah, the smell here is great! In contrast to the sports variants, however, this one comes across a little more classic and mature, whereby the fragrance, discreetly dosed, so that could also be worn as an everyday fragrance. This makes the EDT a great all-rounder here, while the sports versions are more suitable for going out. But of course you could also go out with this scent here.

But I can also imagine that not everyone will like this fragrance (especially because it smells synthetic in the background and because it reminds too much of the normal sports versions), but I would recommend it for a test, because I still think it is modern, no, actually more timeless, which should always work!

And that's it again. Have a nice evening, don't melt because of the too great (and disgustingly unbearable, argh, everything from 30 degrees is terrible) heat (which will apparently last terribly long) and until the next time! :)
Lemon cake
What's there to say about Allure Homme? Chanel made more money with this fragrance at the end of the 90's than with any other men's fragrance before. Classic early 2000 he Chanel flatterer for the wide mass.

Smells for me very fresh in the top note, after lemon cake and creamy. Towards the end the lemon cake turns more into a vanilla-coconut ice cream.
Sillage and durability are Chanel standard 5 - 6 hours.

Price technically is this here overpriced nothing special. But I immediately realize why this one sells so well masses suitable!

It's like with today's music you ask what this song is called out of curiosity and forgot it 5 minutes later because it's just too irrelevant.

Another Chanel classic...
This is truly another Chanel classic! Very manly, for a mature type of men, safe for work, perfect for fall/winter, amazing dry down, it has a perfect blend of ingredients with a gorgeous vanilla and Tonka bean with the quality that characterizes the house. I didn't like it when it was originally released but now that I'm older I really appreciate and love it. I currently own most the Allure flankers and this one is a gem, the father of the line.

TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 41 days ago
Such a great classic! Not oversweet, not overspicy, unique enough to the 'uniqueness-centered' fans. Typical elegance from Chanel, an icon!!
KimJongKimJong 113 days ago
I used to think that this was just "the male scent standard" and kept away. Now I love this for the same reason.
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
This year turns 21 and yet it is still so modern, bold, wonderful! Fresh, spicy, sweet, and woody, perfect for these first days of spring.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 8 months ago
A complex and refined accord never "shouted" but only suggested:that's the atpout of this perfectly balanced discrete scent for a classy man
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
A reasonably good Fresh=>Spicy=>Woody fragrance but a perfume not unique unreasonable priced by Chanel. Similar top perfumes cost way less.
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
Very nice manly fragrance. It has little sillage but very good longetivity.

by Graybeard
by Nickname
by Ialgadi
by Ialgadi

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Beige (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel