Allure Homme 1999 Eau de Toilette

Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Bottle Design Jacques Helleu
Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAniseed, Freesia, Gardenia, Jasmine, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Rosewood, Vetiver, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Coconut, Leather, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.05.2021.

Only office
Short and crisp,

Fresh, slightly peppery and Typical Chanel DNA, very classy smell and not intrusive. Perfect for the office.

Durability not good about 4 to 5 hours
Silage not good to average
Price too Expensive

Conclusion: Class fragrance, timeless in definition and damn noble, the office fragrance with charisma.
Buy recommendation? No, too expensive and poor performance for sen price
4ajbukoshka
One more lap around the view in your passenger seat..
"One more lap around the block in your passenger seat...
Don't get out of the car yet, so it stays the same!"
Lea - passenger seat

Signorina 4ajbukoshka sits in the same.
Driver is none other than Signor Il heartbreaker.
Inside the car, unlike outside, it is pleasantly warm, the heated seats are on and the Italian is just "OHMIODIO".
He looks like Michele Morrone, only younger, with slightly softer features and, as if that wasn't bad enough, dear, trusting eyes to boot. And those curls to boot!
I guess with them it's like with scents: you think you like them or you don't, you've formed your opinion long ago and all of a sudden this one comes along and questions everything you thought you knew about your taste.
Before the Italian, Miss 4ajbukoshka thought she didn't like men with curls. (After all, she has some of her own - and they get on her nerves big time, almost every day.)
She thought she wouldn't like vetiver.
Just like she used to think Chanel was for grandmas and grandpas, with too much money but all the less taste.
Pahahahaha. Silly little sheep, Koshka my ass.
(Note: Koshka - (female) cat, in Russian)
The Italian, who knows Miss Verressovich-4ajbukoshka and her strange questions - about his detergent (he doesn't know, his mother washes his laundry), his hair gel (Signorina, everything else is still fine with you?) and much more by now quite well, has thought along:
In his glove compartment, she finds today next to the vegan fruit, the best gummy bears ever, available at Aldi and Rossmann, the bottle of perfume, which accompanies him today.

Allure - not like airs and graces, but like attraction ^ 1000.
Exactly has Signor Il heartbreaker, on ladies of all ages as well as on the forgiven faction, which noticed or even secretly risked a languorous look.
Even though you might think that now, he's not macho, not at all.
He is the type who always lets a lady go first, holds the door open for her sometimes, is never pushy, just charming and attentive like hardly anyone else.
If hundreds of men would take a leaf out of his book, there would still remain a mannerly gentleman.
He scores with genteel restraint, as does Chanel's Allure.
Although the two sit in the car for a few hours and the windows are closed, Allure does not remain perceptible in the air for long.

Floral, woody, indefinable.
Signorina has a very sensitive, good nose, though not always the right words for what she feels.
Here it smells warm, soft, familiar. Like in Signor Herzensbrecher's car, which he has given a really cute name and talks to every now and then.

The conversations between the fragrant driver and his greedy passenger are musically accompanied by the Sanremo Festival and ironically 4ajbukoshka and the Italian now have a song, "their" song. But that's another story.

After some detours and a very extended tour, it's time to say goodbye.

Signorina 4ajbukoshka opens the glove compartment, sprays Allure on the collar of her jacket, which she had actually only put on as a matter of principle and then taken off again after two minutes, is greeted by bergamot and peach and seen off by the Italian with a hug, a frown and a "See you soon!" and disappears into the house.
Allure, however, unlike the Italian, will certainly not disappear.
(As already mentioned, the H / S of Allure is not the dollste, so is meant by the comment that I still some times nachsprühe(n lassen)n will)
The balance
Hach, I have already tested a few fragrances in the last months - or even years and my taste has constantly changed. In the beginning I liked it loud! A Dufte had to consequently above all by the fact that he ne ne ne projection and ne super durability possesses. If it was a niche fragrance, all the better. After that, I was looking for fragrances that could convince with their extremely tart freshness. Now I feel like I have tested myself through almost all the ups and downs, feel balanced in terms of my fragrance preferences. I now like the mixture, a fragrance should above all not be too complex, so do not overwhelm me, and have a distinctly masculine imprint. If it also goes into the rather fresh, I am completely satisfied. When I look at my now very reduced collection, there are only a few fragrances that fit this pattern. Surely there is still the one or other blind buy, but that usually gives way over time. All my Amouages, Fords, Creeds, etc. are very much shrunk in bulk. Well, why am I telling you all this? Because there is a fragrance that fully convinces me in all respects and meets the middle of my criteria catalog, so to speak: Allure (1999).

The fragrance:
I think Allure has everything a fragrance must possess, he is somehow fresh, subtly spicy, not too peppery, cuddly cuddly, but consistently masculine, elegant as well as casual and above all he is timeless! If you look at its young successors, you will always recognize the zeitgeist and find them either too overloaded or too youthful at some point (just my opinion). With the Usprungsallure it is different, it is sublime over the time and radiates and its timelessness before itself. Also, it is not too loud, it is well perceived at an arm's length and lingers a good 5-6 hours on the skin of the wearer. I think, more a fragrance must also not perform at all, unless you are on it to fog rooms.

Bergamot/lavender and pepper, by the way, ensure that the fragrance has its timeless elegance. You simply don't need more than these fragrance basics to create a beautiful scent. The pepper brings the masculine spice, bergamot and lavender the fluffy, citrusy touch. The latter in particular is very present in the opening, but pulls back expertly as the fragrance progresses. The many other fragrances I perceive in this round composition rather in the background and quite interwoven. It is difficult to smell them individually. Only the rose comes out here and there again stabbing and gives the whole a seductive aura.

Consequently, it can be stated that we have to do with "Allure" with a fragrance that is fully in balance.

The name "attraction" was in my opinion rarely more appropriate Vergeben, a cheer for this beautiful classic, may he still be sold for a long time.

A Chanel that doesn't smell like Chanel
Chanel is well known for his historic nº5 and for great classy and classic fragrances.
Unfortunately, the Olivier Polge era isn't going well and his father's last creations aren't truly classics either.

Bleu de Chanel or Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme aren't great releases although are the ones that youtubers and young noses know and praise a lot. That's because of this diabetic disease around perfumery. Since late 90's, the fragrance industry started to put out some sweet creations in the masculine lineup. GIvenchy's Pi, JPG Le Male, A*Men, etc...

In 1999, Jacques Polge created this Allure. A Chanel fragrance that doesn't smell like Chanel. A sweet concoction with creamy nuances and some fougere hints here and there. Lavender, bergamot, creamy woods and sweet tonka with a touch of peach. Since his creation, Chanel's masculines changed to a more fresh, sporty and versatile scents for everyday use.

Although not a great fragrance, it's one that is very overshadowed by his little brothers (Allure Homme Sport, Eau Extreme or even Edition Blanche (the best one, btw)) and specially by the Bleu line. This is one of the first good fresh-sweet fragrances that helped change the perfumery that we know today. For the good and the bad. But anyway, this is still masculine and with a 90's vibe. Super versatile, like some of his contemporanies (Boss Bottled, Rochas Man, etc...) and better than the Sport flankers.

I only prefer Edition Blanche over this for a Spring and summer day, but this is great for fall and winter. The only problem is that it was reformulated and it doesn't last so well and it isn't so complex (specially in the opening) like the version that i have (2002 batch), but still, is a good option for a everyday fragrance.

A fragrance that deserves more atention thatn the newer Chanel's fragrances.
3/5
Royalo
A classic in a class of its own
I love the entire Allure range. This fragrance has paved the way for a fantastic series. You can actually wear this fragrance all year round no matter what the occasion. So a perfect signature scent. I think Chanel as well as Dior and Guerlain clearly stand out from the competition in the designer sector. You can smell that in Chanel's Allure as well. So I don't see any reason not to give this gorgeous fragrance a try. I hope my comment was helpful. LG rudirednose9

Ageless and free...
A wonderful scent of elegance and distinction, the result of a natural blend of citrus essences and spices, topped with what in French would be called a "je ne sais quoi", a mysterious ingredient, perhaps related to its peppery freshness. It has already turned 20 years old, but I would say it is ageless. For me, anyway. And it brings back fond memories of far happier times, when we were free to go out into the world and breathe in all what nature and human maestria had to offer, without fear of tomorrow and one's fellow human beings. Those were the days...
Musikus70
I like it better than AHSEE
After AHSEE was a blind buy due to the good ratings without exception on the net I tested the Allure Homme in the shop. At first I didn't smell much on the cardboard strip, which is mostly the case with me, with a few exceptions. I smell wet cardboard, nothing else. Arrived at home, sniffed again. Aah, that smells good. Smells good the following days too, still good. Then the decision was made, bought it and no regrets. I would describe it as very balanced. Nothing stands out, nothing annoys and towards the end it becomes a little vanilla. A citric prelude, as often described, I cannot necessarily confirm. There are completely different calibres(Dior Eau Sauvage).
Compared to AHSEE, I really like this one better, because it doesn't have that smashed Tonka bomb, which you can smell 10 meters against the wind and which still doesn't let go of you the next
Liberty City
I dedicate my first comment on Parfumo to you.

February 2018, Tuesday morning, my father collapses for inexplicable reasons 3 times in a row and what is the best thing to do in such a case? Right, off to the hospital! From ward to ward and at no less than 9 pm we were sent home with the prognosis: "Didn't find anything". The next morning the same thing, only this time the cause was obvious and has a name: the left heart valve
This (somewhat private) introduction is necessary to understand my first encounter with Allure Homme. When my father had to be driven to the hospital of the state capital for the operation, I decided to wear a jacket which I had not worn for a long time. During the numerous checks that are carried out during an admission, I searched my jacket pockets in the waiting area out of curiosity. Besides lip balm, there was also a sample of Allure Homme in it for reasons I couldn't explain, which I had just stared at for minutes. At that time I didn't even know that such a sample existed, because apart from Égoïste (to whom I have a special bond) everything from Chanel left me cold. Even though I belong to this type of person who immediately associates smells with events (be it positive or even negative), despite everything in the meantime the sample found its place on my wrist and I was left sitting with 3 floating question marks above my head. It should be noted that it was only at the beginning of 2018 that I decided to start my fragrance journey and Allure Homme did not make it easy for me. In the beginning I would have described the opening as pungent and citric, even bitter, then a bit floral, woody, getting sweeter and sweeter and finally creamy. To confirm my opinion, I looked at Parfumo for a moment and the mixed opinions made me believe that I had the confirmation So the chapter Allure Homme is closed.

2020
Moved, married and now also father. Not only my innumerable fragrances have found a place in the house, but also the samples may stay in a nice box. Only not the one from Allure Homme, because it is still in the jacket that I wore during all those visits to the hospital. My father is doing very well again since the operation. Since I went out with my daughter to play in the garden and it is still a bit fresh in the morning, I decided to wear the familiar jacket again and of course I rummaged through my pockets out of curiosity and there it was: the rehearsal. As a "scent madman" I couldn't resist the temptation and so she found her second place on my wrist. Will I be catapulted directly into the year 2018? Whether it will put me in a somewhat depressed mood? If I hate myself for thinking that Allure Homme was an adulterated plörre? The start, still citric, a bit biting and bitter. What?! Instead of the Lower Austria Regional Hospital, I'm in New York, Central Park to be exact. Sometime in September mid 2000, I'm sitting on a park bench near the exit while the typical Yellows Cabs are buzzing around in the background. A hot dog vendor is not far from me. Enjoying, that's what I am doing right now. To be honest, I have never been to New York before, I only know it from film and television. But as soon as I apply this scent I feel like Doug from King of Queens, David from Vanilla Sky or even Stu from Not Hanging Up! (rather unpleasant in the phone booth, but hey: I'm in New York!) Suddenly you seem to me so perfectly tuned that it gives me goose bumps. Here every note has a right to exist, there is harmony and with you I feel safe. Allure Homme, my little New York.
Smellscent
I'm sticking with the original
You probably know the situation: You get to know one flanker of a fragrance and you are quite taken with it, then you get to know another flanker and you also like this one ... Finally you think: So, and how does the so to speak "unflanked" original smell?
In this case it is a fragrance from 1999, a year in which we were all (if we were already in the world :-)) 21 years younger. The colouring of the pyramid alone is impressive and could possibly have a prophylactic deterrent effect: What the heck is this, what is this adventurous mixture? Please, please: Don't be put off, test: A single spray says more than a thousand scented pyramids!
Fruity - Floral - Woody - this is how one could describe the fragrance in three short words. However, this is probably a little too short and you have to be a little more detailed. The opening is promising: a full, impressive citric fruitiness, enriched with ripe peach. Ginger is now something that I don't really appreciate. But here it is either imperceptible or so finely woven that it doesn't bother me. The whole thing doesn't seem overloaded gourmand. Fine!

The heart note is like a floral gliding over into the woody-warm drydown that lasts for a long time. Woody-creamy, probably the tonka bean, almost a bit powdery, a fine vanilla coconut touch is also added. It is always well-balanced, subtle, balanced, not overwhelming, not bulky, not ostentatious. Spraying is not necessary in my opinion, two sprays will last the whole day
It does indeed have an incredible potential for fragrance development and perhaps what the advertising promises is true here, namely that it develops differently in each person! Critics would now say and have often said (also in this forum) that this is an overpriced common scent that smells of everything and nothing. I would answer them: The attraction of AH lies precisely in this incredibly playful, wide-spread scent arc of the scent universe. Everyone finds himself, so to speak, everyone can discover his favourite aspect in it. An artist, who brings such a thing about!

AH is neither a heavy nor a light scent, it is (very important for me) not too sweet, it is of course not too tart, it is simply a pleasant, sensual scent with good durability, best to wear in spring and autumn. It unfolds its Sillage rather briefly and then develops pleasantly close to the skin for about 10 hours.

[Irony ON] Look at that: Individuality in the mainstream segment!! Is that even allowed? [Irony OFF]

I could imagine that he has a certain attraction for women, as he is sometimes said to be :-)

Honestly: This one impresses me so much that I'm not really interested in the other Allure Homme Flankers (exception: Edition Blanche) anymore.

You can think of fragrance committees as you like (members, statutes, dependencies, networks, etc.), but I think that this fragrance has not been accepted twice (2000 and 2012) into the Hall of Fame of the Fragrance Foundation Germany category "Classic Men's Fragrances"
I would say Chanel Allure Homme EdT is indeed the original and he lets his versatile flankers be what they are: Flankers!

I don't forgive 100% that easily. But this one receives it from me with fullest conviction, in my opinion it clearly has signature potential. I find it impressive when people consistently use a fragrance over many years and decades, with this one I can imagine it very well
The fact that he is sometimes extremely ripped off here in the forum does not impress me. For me, this is just one more proof of the uniqueness of every single person: Every skin and every nose is just not compatible with every fragrance and why should it be different at AH. That is very good. I think to myself that his commercial success does not come by chance and he should meet the taste of many people already.

In connection with AH, the following sayings have come to my mind: "Cobbler stick to your last" or "Back to the roots" or "There is usually nothing better to follow". I for one will stick with the original and would wish the AH many more years. Chapeau!

Not Boring Or Monotonous, Rather, Bright And Crisp
This year Chanel's Allure pour Homme turns 21, and yet it is still so contemporary, bold, pleasing! Fresh, spicy, sweet, and woody, perfect for these first sparkling and uncertain spring days. Wait a moment, I know it wears better during the autumn season, but also in early spring it's okay. Remarkable. Where have I been this whole time neglecting the Allure of all Allures? Incredible. Why was I so naive to try its flankers and not this one? I fell in love with this scent at first sniff when it was resealed in 1999, but did not buy it. Stupid of me. No matter if the name is coming from French, which means elegance and fashion, or from English, which means attractive and tempting, the more I smell it, the more nouns popup in my mind. It is delightful, inviting, inoffensive, like Damien Rice's "My Favourite Faded Fantasy" coming across a mall speaker system.

The opening of Allure pour Homme is copious with citrus, green, spice, and aldehydes. It is a sublime, fruity, creamy, woodsy, lemony, floral, and sweet fragrance with that tag Chanel aldehydic polish and a sharp powderiness that I love. The top is a dancing melody of multi-faceted allspice redolence that exhibits a dry and attractive mandarin and ginger, creamy lavender, and sweet peach.

So it subsides. Another delicious sweetness takes place, an exciting spiciness of anise and pepper appears. The pepper accord enhances an incredibly masculine feeling of all the freshness. Somewhere a sweet rose floats among other delicate white flowers and a delicious fruit basket above the strong and intense notes of cedar and rosewood. Allure's heart is almost dandy in its beauty.

Afterward, a smooth and very delicate woody appearance comes wrapped in silky soft leather and a little musk. The combination of tonka bean, amber, benzoin, and sandalwood leaves a beautiful memory. Although not a gourmand per se, it is firm, and the tonka beans give it a sweet, powerful aura. I think Allure pour Homme has one of the best dry downs and trails you can ask for! All that concerns the conclusion of Allure Homme is only an aura of fragrance, a simulation of something that, like amaretto or grenadine cherry, is recognizable as creative.

Perfect for the middle seasons and cold summer nights out. Allure has lots of class and is ideal for the office, or a daytime gets together. I think it is helpful when you need something notable but not intense or impertinent, like when you go to a music concert, a dinner, or a date. The projection is mediocre, and it is longevous, over 6 hours on my skin, which is very difficult for any fragrance to accomplish these days. Best of all, I got my first compliment within 10 minutes of applying it. I only recently purchased Allure pour Homme because I had tried it multiple times for years, in different seasons, to be sure it was going to be a happy buy.

On the last note, Allure pour Homme has something in it that is what I'd describe as spiky. You can smell it distinctly by itself, but I don't know what it is. It's something that I love. It is certainly distinctive. As I wear this fragrance, I randomly get three different impressions at any given moment. In essence, sometimes classic aldehydes and dry citrus, other times sharp pepper against a dried out grassiness, and still other times the luscious and mellow warmth of labdanum, subdued patchouli, and tonka bean. I remember I had a similar experience with Loewe's Solo, where the accords come and go in a continuous rotation. As is always the case, you should try Allure Homme for yourself, and give it a full day's wearing to judge if it's for you. It is not boring or dull. Instead, it is bright and crisp while maintaining a high level of sophistication.

-Elysium

MikeMikeMikeMike 6 months ago
Soapy fresh, poor sillage, good for spring.
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 8 months ago
Such a great classic! Not oversweet, not overspicy, unique enough to the 'uniqueness-centered' fans. Typical elegance from Chanel, an icon!!
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
I used to think that this was just "the male scent standard" and kept away. Now I love this for the same reason.
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
This year turns 21 and yet it is still so modern, bold, wonderful! Fresh, spicy, sweet, and woody, perfect for these first days of spring.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A complex and refined accord never "shouted" but only suggested:that's the atpout of this perfectly balanced discrete scent for a classy man
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A reasonably good Fresh=>Spicy=>Woody fragrance but a perfume not unique unreasonable priced by Chanel. Similar top perfumes cost way less.
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
Very nice manly fragrance. It has little sillage but very good longetivity.

by Graybeard
by Nickname
by Ialgadi
by Ialgadi

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel