Allure Homme Édition Blanche 2014Eau de Parfum

Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Bottle Design Jacques Helleur
Top 14 in Men's Perfume
Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum)

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot, Leather, New Caledonian sandalwood, Lemon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Ginger, Tonka bean, Bourbon vanilla, Haitian vetiver, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Frankie, last update on 14.04.2021.

According to our information, this scent is meant to replace Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) starting from 2014. As this happened without any announcement from Chanel, it is not possible to state whether Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) comes up as a mere renaming of Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) or an actual formula/concentration adjustment.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

The wannabe L'Humaniste by Chanel
It was not long ago that I rediscovered my former passion for fragrances and Parfumo has its share. It began, logically, with the question of which new fragrance it should be. Among others, Cartier Declaration and Bleu de Chanel came up, whose blind purchases I still don't regret. The first warm days of this year quickly brought me to the question of which fragrance it should be for the coming summer. During my research, I came across Frapin L'Humaniste, of which I promptly ordered a bottling. The "aha" effect was not long in coming and I just thought, that smells just like Allure Sport. Then there were the comparisons with Allure Homme Edition Blanche here at Parfumo and the difference of 40 EUR could be quite an argument to reach for it. So I ordered me without further ado also of it a filling.

CAHEB starts with a pretty intense trio of lemon, bergamot and pepper. For a brief moment, I think of an everyman load of bergamot / lemon hand soap from the dispenser. A little later, that impression subsides and other notes join in, such as the sweet-woody influence of sandalwood, which bridges to a combination of sweetness, freshness, spice and some green. Leather I can only guess at. Amber, musk and tonka bean later combine with ginger, cedar and vetiver to create an interesting scent.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP definitely has its charm, especially if you know the opening of L'Humaniste. Personally, it takes me but a little too long until the fragrance on my hand shows its more pleasant sides for me. As a freshness kick in the hot midsummer, even after the evening workout in the gym from which it then goes directly to the barbecue with friends, I could imagine him. However, a good friend of mine, who is constantly raving about Bleu de Chanel, has nothing more to say about Edition Blanche than "cheap sports shower gel". With this, she exaggerates a little, but in direct comparison to L'Humaniste is there unfortunately what to it:

At the beginning, the bergamot / citrus bomb from the soap dispenser, even Bleu de Chanel comes in the first minutes with more pleasant freshness. Later, at least near the hand, more pleasing and slightly creamy. In the end, however, with a sillage, which unfortunately reminds something of the dusty residual freshness of laundry from long ago childhood days at Mutti.

What can I say, Frapin L'Humaniste goes in a different direction, simply has more character and more esprit, even if price, durability and sillage leave much to be desired. It is a little unfair to praise another fragrance here, but I mean it only well with you. ;-) I will buy it then maybe but ... the real L'Humaniste ;-)
Farneon
The crème de la crème among the freshers
What can I say? Citrus fragrances have it rather difficult here, but this one still has a bombshell rating with already almost 700 opinions and an average score of 8.6. That is quite very respectable and my review will not depress this average (that much is anticipated). I can also explain why all this is so and do not want to contradict the general public, even if I usually like to do that now and then! ;-)

Fresh fragrances often do not last very long and are often pungent in the prelude. Hintenraus they quickly run out of air, if they are not appropriately woody subordinate, which can lead between top and base note but very quickly to a disharmony in the course of the fragrance. Too many citrus, on the other hand, remind some quickly of cleaning products or room fragrances, which is then expressed in negative associations.

All this can be safely forgotten with AHEB. Because here we are talking about sweetly cushioned citrus aromas and a creamy balsamic freshness with a long shelf life. You have to get that first! :-) At the same time, it reads the same way in the fragrance pyramid in the heart and base, and that's rather rare, I think! The pepper in the top note is the exception in my nose, because this is not at all sharp, but contributes harmoniously to the overall picture.

I have long used Allure Homme Sport and find to this day the variant "Extreme" extremely exciting! ;-) There namely freshness is underlaid with an attractive sweetness. With AHEB, however, was created by the same perfumer a feel-good fragrance that is unparalleled in the combination of freshness, durability, creaminess and (in the end) harmony. With that, I actually find the Flanker much better than the original. And: it's an EDP, so you may well expect something more!

I say: A great fragrance that actually only those may not like who are "trimmed" on Wuchtbrummen, classic and / or barbershop! ;-)
Njk97
The summer thirst par excellence
Actually, I'm not a big fan of fresh scents and rather like heavy fragrances that are better suited for autumn or winter. For this summer, however, I thought I had to get something for the warm days.
So I spontaneously went to a Müller store and the first Durft I saw was Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP. I had already read the good reviews here on Parfumo and sprayed me once in the crook of the arm.
In the beginning, there was pure citrus. For the opening as a portion of freshness very pleasant, after 5-10 minutes, the fragrance got more and more depth. I smelled every 2 minutes on my skin, it gradually evolved towards creamy with the simultaneous presence of this lemon. Maybe due to the vanilla, tonka bean or similar. (I am not yet very experienced in the perfume world) ?
The development ended in a perfect composition, which I would describe as fresh-creamy. Again and again a pinch of the fragrance rose into my nose and each time I enjoyed this very very very good smelling masterpiece.
So I bought me directly 150ml and am already looking forward to the coming sunny days, where I will apply this fragrance generously.
Durability and sillage are good for the price
"Happiness in a Bottle"
First of all: I would like to contradict all those who claim that the fragrance smells like toilet stone!
I love this fragrance especially in early summer and late summer.
The scent of citrus immediately seduces me under lemon trees. And that creaminess makes it incredibly smooth. Not as artificial as MM makes it.
DerDefcon
Airy and creamy at the same time, and relatively cheap.
When I wrote my "Uden" comment, I also mentioned "Édition Blanche" by Chanel, because I could find unmistakable parallels. Both fragrances captivate with a citrusy freshness at the beginning, which is contrasted a little later by a vanilla creaminess - a combination of lightness and heaviness, which in both cases is very suitable for everyday use and wearable across seasons.
Now, of course, "Édition Blanche" is the less expensive fragrance. But does that make him worse?

No, just different!

"Édition Blanche" has a similar citric as "Uden" from the house of Xerjoff, only knows this over a longer period of time a fresh.transparent appearance to lay down. In general, this masterpiece from the house of Chanel is therefore a high-summer suitable fragrance, which I would not say with "Uden". The latter may have more depth, allows a little more wood and, for my sake, also minimally dosed coffee to beguile the wearer's nose, but thus also comes along much denser, which could make it difficult to wear in midsummer. This "weakness" (quotation marks are deliberate) is not found in "Édition Blanche". Lemon and vanilla dominate. Creamy and airy at the same time smells this combination, can always be worn and, I find, actually not like.
The durability is okay, the sillage rather restrained. Here "Uden" may perform a little more, but whether you want to put down more than 200, - euros, is probably the question par excellence. If I did not already have enough other fragrances that are used in situations in which "Édition Blanche" would also make a good figure, I would own this wonderfully timeless perfume long ago.
Delijafrag33
This Drydown Gives Butterflies In The Belly...
Hello dear people,

after writing only short statements lately and also not intending to write a comment, something happened today that changed my mind and moved me to a little more words.

First, I would like to briefly explain why I don't write so many comments about fragrances and leave it at short statements only. Those who have read my comments know that they are always linked to an experience and have a little story behind them. I don't like to write comments just to give my opinion about the scent or to describe the scent. Maybe that's not quite right either and maybe that will change, but for the moment it is.

I also wrote a statement for the Chanel Edition Blanche a few months ago. I described the fragrance as good, gave it a score of 8, but felt that I would get bored with this fragrance in the long run. I didn't buy this fragrance either, but kept testing it in different perfumeries and in different situations. Somehow I was not sure whether the fragrance is good or yet only mediocre.

Since I have a birthday in October and my sister did not know what to get me, I gave her a little tip. :-) Yes, it was then a 50 ml bottle of Chanel Edition Blanche. But at that time I still wasn't sure if it was the fragrance I really wanted to have in my collection and that's why I left it still shrink-wrapped in the cupboard. I then continued to test it whenever I passed by the Müller. The scent still couldn't quite convince me though, but it was also the wrong time now as the temperatures went down to the basement and it was time for other scents. My Chanel Edition Blanche ended up on a sales platform and was also almost gone.... But somehow it didn't want to leave. Today I was again briefly at my regular drugstore (I've already mentioned the name and yes, here in Austria the drugstores are also open at the time of the lockdown) and sprayed on the Chanel Edition Blanche again. The temperatures have been really spring-like this week and I believed that the fragrance would work on me now or not at all.
Applied a few sprays and went to the office. Today again been alone in the office, because we have a kind of alternating service and I let my colleagues in the morning the precedence and go myself only after 12 o'clock, when they are already gone and are out in the field. :-)

Now I was sitting there enjoying the nice creamy lemon. For me, it is perhaps the nicest lemon I have smelled in a fragrance. The scent is very citrusy in the beginning, but then becomes milder, creamier, and woodier. It stays fresh the whole time, though, and doesn't drift into the gourmand like some similar lemon fragrances.

I was now sitting there doing my work and the scent got quieter and quieter, but the quieter it got the more I liked it. 3-4 hours passed and I kept getting a slight breeze of this great drydown in my nose and truly felt butterflies in my stomach. Yes, now it has captivated me, this great scent that I thought I would get bored of and it's just such a lemon scent now. This drydown is just great. It's a nice mild, slightly sweet and woody lemon that just makes you feel great and gives off a certain masculinity.
I only wish that the sillage of this great drydown was a little stronger, so that those around me could also get more out of it, but also myself.

For me, the decision is now quite clear! My bottle I will keep and it is now opened after 4 months of storage in the closet and I will enjoy the fragrance more often.
I'm just glad I gave the fragrance more chances.
The score was also immediately raised to a 9. :-)

Thanks for reading!
Expert1111
The fresh breeze of self-confidence
Hello dear Comunity,

Compose times here my 1st comment and see if that is what for me. ?

I thought for a while that I need a fragrance that smells like a fresh lemon, is woody and goes with everything. So I read through here at Parfumo and watched various Youtube videos. When I read citrusy woody, I thought, buy. Or not? No matter buy it you. ? said done.

When the perfume arrived late and I could hardly stand to open the package, I tore open the packaging like a madman and opened the package. I smelled the massive, very well crafted bottle, great, it smelled like nothing and was just cold. When I sprayed it on, it came: the fresh, natural, slightly peppery lemon. I thought "WOW", this is what I had imagined. Perfect for spring/summer, day/night, office/going out, just always appropriate! But wait, where is the woody? After a while the lemon becomes rounder and dances with the woody notes, you notice the freshness all the time. After a longer time, the slightly sweet notes come and you have smelled everything you need in the spring / summer.

The fragrance lasts very well for a fresh summer fragrance and for the everyday companion, the sillage is also good. No intrusive perfume, but exactly what you need!

Reminds me the something of my Bleu de Chanel perfume, only significantly fresher and Zitroniger.

Glad of course that I have increased my perfume collection and own another gem. ?
Faborio
Allure Homme Édition Blanche, not bad.
I made a blind purchase unfortunately disappointing. Nothing special, it smells like lemon and fresh, good for summer. He is totally overrated on this platform, there are much better in my opinion
Simply good
The combination is very quickly understood, in the opening a fresh, tangy lemon, then a little sweeter but unmistakably fresh. Simply the perfect blend and even in really hot temperatures you will not be suffocated. Man(s) or woman can wear it anywhere in warmer weather and for any occasion. The fragrance is clearly more unisex than the rest of the Allure range but it does lean more towards the masculine side. I can't imagine anyone complaining about wearing this fragrance. Also, the age of the wearer absolutely doesn't matter, as long as you don't like wearing more old-fashioned fragrances. The bottle is high quality and also matches the color of the fragrance, only the cap is somewhat cheaply processed, stains quickly and the magnetic closure of the Bleu de Chanel cap would have been quite nice to round off the bottle.
All in all, one of the most rock-solid summer fragrances, recommended almost without any restrictions and a great safe gift.
Maddi
Noble, long-lasting citrus fresh scent
The scent starts citrusy-peppery but without being pungent. The lemon is very natural as freshly squeezed with some freshly grated lemon peel. Later in the further course joins v.a. vanilla, but the sweetness remains discreet.
Especially great I find the connection of the fragrance with the typical Chanel DNA, I find this here even more harmonious than the mMn already very good Bleu de Chanel EdP. For me, Allure Homme Édition Blanche is the noblest smelling citrus fragrance, I like to wear it with a suit in the summer, but it is also excellent casual. For sports, it is a bit too noble for me, but basically I am of the opinion that everyone should wear what he likes anyway at any time of year and occasion.
For me, the best citrus fragrance, which has more than earned the good reviews!

JFP26JFP26 10 days ago
Gorgeous spring scent. Fresh, spicy and gourmand. Reminds me of a lemon meringue pie. Very alluring and easy to wear. One of a kind!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Fresh juicy lemon in the opening. In the drydown the lemon is blended with a creamy sweet vanilla and an appealing musk. Perfect for spring.
Djsc23Djsc23 5 months ago
Beautiful gourmand fragrance. Lovely lemon and vanilla. It’s for sure one of the best hot weather fragrances out there.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 12 months ago
Bright, fresh, uplifting. Creamy lemon with a hint of sweetness. Easy to wear, moderate sillage, and good longevity. One of Chanel's best.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
A great Spring daytime fragrance. A blast of juicy lemon, a touch of pink pepper, creamy vanilla and a bit of Vetiver to make it masculine.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Smooth, creamy lemon almost gourmandish scent. I personally don't like the Allure line, but this one is stunning.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Delicious mouthwatering lemon pie. Lemon, vanilla and tonka. Elegant and modern. Great signature scent

by Blödel
by Smellnsouk
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel