Allure Homme Édition Blanche 2014 Eau de Parfum

Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Bottle Design Jacques Helleur
Top 13 in Men's Perfume
Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum)

Jacques Polge

Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
White muskWhite musk
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Frankie, last update on 31.07.2021.

According to our information, this scent is meant to replace Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) starting from 2014. As this happened without any announcement from Chanel, it is not possible to state whether Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) comes up as a mere renaming of Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) or an actual formula/concentration adjustment.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Btdc
Toilet stone, glass cleaner or lemon cake?
What one does not hear everything about this fragrance. Some say it smells like a lemon cake and others say it smells like a toilet cleaner. On my (probably never ending) search for the perfect summer scent I stumbled across this little treasure. I watched various Youtube videos about this fragrance and subsequently ordered it blindly in a buying frenzy. And I can understand people saying it has a slight toilet stone or glass cleaner vibe. However, the ''sharp'' citrus note is, in my experience, only detectable for a few minutes and then smells like a very authentic lemon. As it progresses, the typical Chanel DNA comes out and the perfume takes on a seductive touch. It reminds me slightly of Petit Matin by MFK, which for me, smells like the more elegant, older brother of Edition Blanche.

I think that all of you who have this cleaner thought in your head from the beginning will not like the fragrance. I can say that he liked me from time to time better and better and makes you smell elegant and clean. Definitely not a one-size-fits-all, even if you could think that with the designer fragrances of Chanel quickly.

In my opinion, a fragrance for every day.

Sillage and performance are for a fresh fragrance really ok and the Drydown is pleasant and clean.

Wow!
Who said that Chanel had nothing more to offer this year except the blue giant and more or less irrelevant airs on the side track? Probably no one, and yet I hear them literally grumble, see their contemptuous waving off...

...Unjustly, I say. Unjustly! This fragrance should teach the doubters mores, not by chance he is here on Parfumo high in the course. So imagine my surprise when the other day the unobtrusively nice, albeit slightly clueless Douglaselfe me on my question about the Edition Blanche shoulder shrugging replied that no one would ask for this fragrance, and they therefore currently had no tester there.

Shocking. After this masterpiece of citrus-elegant freshness no cock crows, while said store dripping with sweetish trivia only so. Did I say shattering? Well, that's what Parfumo and the Souk are for. Here I got indeed promptly a fragrance sample, and now also already an almost full bottle of this fragrance adventure, thanks again at this point to Danori. And I must say: Wow!

The fragrance:

You know when scents of melodious breath hobbyists promise you a citrus freshness that is neither weak-breasted nor short-lived, and also certainly does not smell like WC duck? Does anyone remember the disappointment when, while sniffing the fragrance, one realizes that one has been misled once again? Well, not so with Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. This lemon is grandiose, fresh and at the same time embedded in a bed of almost complex elegance that starts out peppery sharp and then becomes softer and more elegant the longer it stays on the skin. Not a trace of toilet spray or scent tree romanticism. In fact, from my own highly modest experience, I can only attest to Creed's "Sublime Vanilla" a similarly overwhelming experience of the lemon theme in a perfume. Phenomenal.

Score: 10/10, without ifs and buts.

Its features:

The fragrance makes a clear development of almost sharp freshness to a creamy smooth sorbet pleasure through, the wonderfully beautiful lemon note always remains the star of the composition. Durability and sillage I find quite remarkable for a fresh fragrance without much sweet heaviness, although one can certainly not speak of "Beastmode". The density and quality so typical of Chanel are also unmistakably present in this flanker.

Score: 8/10

Other:

The bottle is nice and in line with the Allure line. Nothing out of the ordinary. The price is okay, no bargain, but that are Chanel fragrances yes now rarely. Unisex? Sure, why not. Personally, I feel the water already as clearly masculine, but what does that mean this year. Definitely a fragrance that can play out its full strength on warm days, but I will also wear it in the fall with delight.

In sum: 9/10

Conclusion:

Yeah, I know. Niche fragrances are already better on principle, Allure is rather what for the common sniffing rabble, the enlightenment of true expertise has not yet been granted and X, Y and of course especially Z put the lemon tart much more skillfully in scene. Leave it, please!

Addendum:

I have mischievously endeavored to avoid terms such as "synthetic," "olfactory," and "mass appeal" in this review; the less inclined reader is welcome to insert these cornerstones of rhetorical self-indulgence at will, in spirit and in appropriate places, themselves. I...have to go.

Oh yes, BUY! Thank you.
Warilol
Tangled scents, perfect result!
As a lover of citrus fragrances, you can hardly get past this Chanel. The parallels to Shooting Stars - Uden are quite present, XerJoffs offshoot could not really inspire me, however, and seems in view of the price somehow redundant.

Chanel succeeds with this fragrance here in my eyes a fantastic balancing act of citrusy freshness and a certain complexity. In the opening pepper, then leather, vanilla? How the hell can something like that work in a citrus fragrance? Out comes an initially spicy citrus scent, which in the later course by the vanilla even becomes deliciously creamy, always accompanied by this cool, almost slightly metallic lemon.

I do not know if it's just me, but when I spray this fragrance on my clothes, it is almost the whole day in my nose, which makes me just incredibly fun. Even at the end of the day, it lingers pleasantly in textiles, without that acrid woody or musky smell that so many fragrances leave behind. On the skin, on the other hand, it doesn't last as long, but it develops a creamy, peppery drydown that's just as much fun to wear down.

Where Ani is too sticky and sweet for me, this Chanel creates here the balance of creamy freshness, which still gets a certain dark note and complexity by the pepper in the prelude.

A masterpiece, which almost goes down next to classics like Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum or Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême. But here on Parfumo it is fortunately valued accordingly, for me a smooth 10 and a must for anyone who can do something with citrus fragrances.

Remains to hope that he is never discontinued.

Creamy lemon meringue pie
Scent of a creamy lemon meringue pie - what more is there to say?
It has the high Chanel quality and you get the creamy and fresh scent from the first spray. I only get a few notes in the scent: lemon, vanilla and bit "wood" in the base. For a fresh scent it last most of a working day and even a bit longer if I give my shirt/polo a spray. Normally I go 3-4 sprays.
Best time for use, is where I might diviate from the rest. I think this is perfect around late summer / early fall, when the haverst is going on. It is one of the fragrances I use yearround in the office, but with higher use in the spring and early fall. For me, the vanilla makes it's to sweet/creamy for the summer - unless we have a colder day.
I uses it to change it up a bit, when I want a more fresh office scent, high quality and that will last the whole day. To me it's a suplement to my Bleu de Chanel Parfum - I use them in the same type of situations: office and family events, only difference is I prefer Edition Blanche when it gets a bit warmer.
Lemon Lemon and lemon
Eyes closed, once splash and smell...
...you imagine you are in Sicily on a lemon farm and smell the Mediterranean air and the many citrus trees.

That's how I felt after the test.
Extreme summer scent with incredibly fine citrus flavor, partly sweetish, as I had to think directly also of orange.

The sweet note rounds off this fragrance perfectly.
In trade about 130 francs I find a bit too much, since it is only an EDT.

Balticsea
Édition Blanche and the eternal question of the best summer fragrance
Moin all you lovely perfumos out there. I hope, as always, that you are well.

Today we deal with a flanker of the Allure series from the house of Chanel. And right times in advance. For me, this Flanker, together with the Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme also the strongest. All people who are still looking for a perfect summer scent beyond the 20 degrees: stay tuned, because this could be a potential candidate.

But let's just start pragmatically as usual and categorically dig through this fragrance, after which I'll also happily tell you my top 5 of the summer. But first to the Blanche.

The bottle: 9/10

Yes what to say about it? Minimalist, elegant, absolutely timeless, good feel and as typical for Chanel equipped with the best sprayers that you can find in the designer segment. The only drawback. The fill level is not to see.

The fragrance: 9/10

Let's give in to the scent progression. This fragrance starts with such an incredibly natural, squeaky yellow lemon that it takes your shoes off. But not exclusively the juice of the lemon is to smell here. Rather, someone has used a grater to work on the peel and the scent of fresh lemon zest rises to your nose, providing an incredibly fresh and intense citrus. This is not at all penetrating or overpowering. On the contrary. It is simply beautiful. I won't even begin to go into the pepper in the head, the sandalwood in the heart, or the amber and ginger in the base here - because I simply cannot filter all of these notes. At most, they serve as silent supporters here. But that's totally okay, too. The scent is pretty "simple" yet incredibly unique and deep. That's because the tonka and vanilla give the scent an incredibly pleasant, airy and creamy sweetness that pairs perfectly with the lemon to create a symbiosis that is out of this world. I can understand the association with homemade lemon cake, because it too smells sweet and citrusy - but Blanche is not a gourmand in the classic sense. It just smells incredibly good, and despite the sweetness present, it's incredibly light and fresh. And then in the base, I notice the musk more and more at the end. This is also incredibly light and airy. Great cinema Chanel.

Short form: natural, squeaky yellow lemon + lemon zest bed down on airy creamy vanilla tonka musk base. A fragrance that comes along despite existing sweetness incredibly light. Association to lemon cake understandable, yet somehow different. Absolutely unique although the fragrance pyramid suggests otherwise

Durability: 7/10

The fragrance lasts with me at high temperatures about 6-7 hours. Perfectly okay for a summer fragrance.

Sillage: 7/10

The first two hours well perceptible he becomes afterwards but quite quickly skin. But even here, for a summer fragrance good average.

Wearability: 6.5/10

For me personally, this fragrance is only interesting from 15 - 20 degrees. In colder temperatures, of course, he does not bother anyone, but there this fragrance simply goes down. He is strongest in hot temperatures. Then actually almost everywhere. Office, everyday, sport, date. Perfect outfit? Beach pants, white shirt, barefoot ;-)
Is this fragrance unisex? In any case

Compliments: 8/10

This fragrance works. I name here yes again and again gladly my workplace as a test object. Because there people know about my passion, they pay attention to what I wear and comment on this then also very often. :-) And the Blanche was very well received, like through the bank. Not a single negative feedback and many positive feedback - even my wife finds the great.

Price performance: 7/10

Yes Chanel is just in the designer segment already 15% more expensive than most. But Chanel offers for the price also simply a very good quality. This is also clearly recognizable in this fragrance and you just smell the value of this fragrance. And with discount code this fragrance is also almost always somewhere for 80.00 € / 100ml to get.

Conclusion:

Chanel has succeeded with this Flanker times again a very big throw. This fragrance has quite rightly an exceptionally high rating here at Parfumo and is thank God still not all out there a term. A fragrance that lives from an incredibly natural lemon (which really comes along incredibly qualitative) paired with an airy yet creamy vanilla tonka sweetness and yet never loses its lightness. A unique evergreen for summer in an incredibly beautiful bottle. Thank you Chanel!

Addendum: Well, so much praise for this fragrance - is it now my number one for the summer? I have to disappoint you. I love this fragrance and just in the climes between 20 and 25 degrees, this fragrance comes disproportionately often to use. Nevertheless, my signature fragrance from 25 degrees is still the Light Blue Intense. I have already reviewed it and you are welcome to compare. However, I think that the Édition Blanche is easier to like from both and can also confidently recommend this as a blind purchase. I would at the Light Blue rather not.
My top 5 in the summer are by the way:

Place 5: Aqva Avari - Bvlgari
4th place: Petit Matin - MFK
3rd place: Virgin Island Water - Crees
2nd place: Allure H. Édition Blanche - Chanel
1st place: Light Blue intense - D&G

As you can see, I have two designers on the first two places. Thatag the one or the other surprise. And I think that I would have with the fewest lists two designers on the first places, but just in the summer segment, these do not need to hide behind the Michenmarken. Because they stand these at least in this list and for my feeling in terms of quality and fragrance experience in nothing inferior.
In this sense, I wish us all that the summer is now coming soon and with full speed ahead of us and this distracts us from all the still prevailing adversity and conjures a smile on our faces. Just like Édition Blanche always does for me as well.

But I'm also easy to make smile. A fragrance, the sun, a bad joke. What's in the cannibal's shower? Head & Shoulders.

See? Already I'm smiling. Smiling is great. Do it as often as you can. Give it to others and start each day with it. Smile with your mouth and with your heart.
On that note

hanseatic greetings ⚓

The wannabe L'Humaniste by Chanel
It was not long ago that I rediscovered my former passion for fragrances and Parfumo has its share. It began, logically, with the question of which new fragrance it should be. Among others, Cartier Declaration and Bleu de Chanel came up, whose blind purchases I still don't regret. The first warm days of this year quickly brought me to the question of which fragrance it should be for the coming summer. During my research, I came across Frapin L'Humaniste, of which I promptly ordered a bottling. The "aha" effect was not long in coming and I just thought, that smells just like Allure Sport. Then there were the comparisons with Allure Homme Edition Blanche here at Parfumo and the difference of 40 EUR could be quite an argument to reach for it. So I ordered me without further ado also of it a filling.

CAHEB starts with a pretty intense trio of lemon, bergamot and pepper. For a brief moment, I think of an everyman load of bergamot / lemon hand soap from the dispenser. A little later, that impression subsides and other notes join in, such as the sweet-woody influence of sandalwood, which bridges to a combination of sweetness, freshness, spice and some green. Leather I can only guess at. Amber, musk and tonka bean later combine with ginger, cedar and vetiver to create an interesting scent.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP definitely has its charm, especially if you know the opening of L'Humaniste. Personally, it takes me but a little too long until the fragrance on my hand shows its more pleasant sides for me. As a freshness kick in the hot midsummer, even after the evening workout in the gym from which it then goes directly to the barbecue with friends, I could imagine him. However, a good friend of mine, who is constantly raving about Bleu de Chanel, has nothing more to say about Edition Blanche than "cheap sports shower gel". With this, she exaggerates a little, but in direct comparison to L'Humaniste is there unfortunately what to it:

At the beginning, the bergamot / citrus bomb from the soap dispenser, even Bleu de Chanel comes in the first minutes with more pleasant freshness. Later, at least near the hand, more pleasing and slightly creamy. In the end, however, with a sillage, which unfortunately reminds something of the dusty residual freshness of laundry from long ago childhood days at Mutti.

What can I say, Frapin L'Humaniste goes in a different direction, simply has more character and more esprit, even if price, durability and sillage leave much to be desired. It is a little unfair to praise another fragrance here, but I mean it only well with you. ;-) I will buy it then maybe but ... the real L'Humaniste ;-)
Farneon
The crème de la crème among the freshers
What can I say? Citrus fragrances have it rather difficult here, but this one still has a bombshell rating with already almost 700 opinions and an average score of 8.6. That is quite very respectable and my review will not depress this average (that much is anticipated). I can also explain why all this is so and do not want to contradict the general public, even if I usually like to do that now and then! ;-)

Fresh fragrances often do not last very long and are often pungent in the prelude. Hintenraus they quickly run out of air, if they are not appropriately woody subordinate, which can lead between top and base note but very quickly to a disharmony in the course of the fragrance. Too many citrus, on the other hand, remind some quickly of cleaning products or room fragrances, which is then expressed in negative associations.

All this can be safely forgotten with AHEB. Because here we are talking about sweetly cushioned citrus aromas and a creamy balsamic freshness with a long shelf life. You have to get that first! :-) At the same time, it reads the same way in the fragrance pyramid in the heart and base, and that's rather rare, I think! The pepper in the top note is the exception in my nose, because this is not at all sharp, but contributes harmoniously to the overall picture.

I have long used Allure Homme Sport and find to this day the variant "Extreme" extremely exciting! ;-) There namely freshness is underlaid with an attractive sweetness. With AHEB, however, was created by the same perfumer a feel-good fragrance that is unparalleled in the combination of freshness, durability, creaminess and (in the end) harmony. With that, I actually find the Flanker much better than the original. And: it's an EDP, so you may well expect something more!

I say: A great fragrance that actually only those may not like who are "trimmed" on Wuchtbrummen, classic and / or barbershop! ;-)
Njk97
The summer thirst par excellence
Actually, I'm not a big fan of fresh scents and rather like heavy fragrances that are better suited for autumn or winter. For this summer, however, I thought I had to get something for the warm days.
So I spontaneously went to a Müller store and the first Durft I saw was Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP. I had already read the good reviews here on Parfumo and sprayed me once in the crook of the arm.
In the beginning, there was pure citrus. For the opening as a portion of freshness very pleasant, after 5-10 minutes, the fragrance got more and more depth. I smelled every 2 minutes on my skin, it gradually evolved towards creamy with the simultaneous presence of this lemon. Maybe due to the vanilla, tonka bean or similar. (I am not yet very experienced in the perfume world) ?
The development ended in a perfect composition, which I would describe as fresh-creamy. Again and again a pinch of the fragrance rose into my nose and each time I enjoyed this very very very good smelling masterpiece.
So I bought me directly 150ml and am already looking forward to the coming sunny days, where I will apply this fragrance generously.
Durability and sillage are good for the price
"Happiness in a Bottle"
First of all: I would like to contradict all those who claim that the fragrance smells like toilet stone!
I love this fragrance especially in early summer and late summer.
The scent of citrus immediately seduces me under lemon trees. And that creaminess makes it incredibly smooth. Not as artificial as MM makes it.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 29 days ago
Creamy lemon-vanilla, soft woody backdrop. Has a kind of boozy sweetness despite no booze notes. Less complex, lower performing Xerjoff Uden
Cheech93Cheech93 2 months ago
Great fresh-spicy opening with a definite Chanel-aldehydic touch. Sadly, performance leaves much to be desired. You can always overspray tho
JFP26JFP26 4 months ago
Gorgeous spring scent. Fresh, spicy and gourmand. Reminds me of a lemon meringue pie. Very alluring and easy to wear. One of a kind!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Fresh juicy lemon in the opening. In the drydown the lemon is blended with a creamy sweet vanilla and an appealing musk. Perfect for spring.
Djsc23Djsc23 8 months ago
Beautiful gourmand fragrance. Lovely lemon and vanilla. It’s for sure one of the best hot weather fragrances out there.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Bright, fresh, uplifting. Creamy lemon with a hint of sweetness. Easy to wear, moderate sillage, and good longevity. One of Chanel's best.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
A great Spring daytime fragrance. A blast of juicy lemon, a touch of pink pepper, creamy vanilla and a bit of Vetiver to make it masculine.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Smooth, creamy lemon almost gourmandish scent. I personally don't like the Allure line, but this one is stunning.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Delicious mouthwatering lemon pie. Lemon, vanilla and tonka. Elegant and modern. Great signature scent

by Zora
by OleTrufa
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel