Allure Homme Sport (2004)Eau de Toilette

Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Bottle Design Jacques Helleu
Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin, Seawater, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Pepper, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.07.2020.

Noble Sporty Chanel
Yeah, you can't go wrong with Chanel. Let's just think of Bleu de Chanel or Egoiste. All of them top scents.
Allure Sport Homme also cuts an exceptionally good figure as a summer scent.
In the beginning, the fruitiness of mandarins and orange mix shines through. Afterwards the pepper joins them. But rather discreetly and classily coordinated. The drydown or finish is also very successful with tonka bean and vanilla and vetiver.
On the whole, it is a very fresh and harmoniously coordinated summer scent that is white to please. Chanel has managed to create a noble and elegant summer scent that also has a good shelf life.
Price and performance are always right for this fragrance.
Conclusion: Chanel has done everything right here again. Attractive, noble, harmonious, fresh Chanel a safe bank!
Papjack
Citrus with pepper, a very successful composition
A long time ago I heard about Chanel Allure Homme Sport for the first time.
Of course, I had to test it immediately, so I went to the perfumery and snapped up the tester. I wasn't sure if it was something for me, so I didn't get it at first, but then summer 2008 or 2009 came and I needed a new summer scent, so... ordered.

The pepper convinced me immediately. Too bad that it didn't last sooooo long, at least I couldn't notice, but it could also be that it is only my subjective opinion with the time, at that time I possibly thought differently
I find the composition with orange, pepper and tonka bean very successful, and I haven't found a new fragrance on the market for a long time, which in retrospect made me so "dependent" I had bought it 4 times, always in the 100ml version, no matter if in Strasbourg or Outlet in Austria, it always had a place with me in the collection until it was replaced by its big brother Eau Extréme.

I can still recommend the fragrance to anyone who spends a lot of time by the sea, for the evenings at the beach bar or the open-air concerts (well now in times of Corona rather difficult), the fragrance will not disappoint you.

In the meantime I have to say, I still have the big brother called Eau Extréme in my collection, but I think it is more suitable for the cold season, a fragrance is what remains...as long as it is still produced.
Allure Homme Sport - Pride and Prejudice
2004 in a perfume department. There I tried my hand at the odd new thing and ended up at Allure Homme Sport. No, nothing fitted together, just remained unpleasant on my skin. So I always went around the product. A few days ago it was on a souk show as a goodie. What do I have to say. It comes to me today clearly fresher, freer and more harmonious in the nose. The fresh note is subtly driven by orange and tangerine. But now I perceive a nice aquatic note that lasts for a longer time and offers a nice balance/antipole to the emerging warmer and flowery course. Amber, musk and vanilla are not my stars on the perfume shelf, but since the fresh orange and the aquatic note (seawater or aldehydes?) always flash up again, I now have a much more positive attitude towards the whole package without pride or prejudice.

Lovely
It smells like a perfect Sunday morning, waking up in a little town near the Aegean sea, smelling the sea breeze, the air, and whiffs of some hanged fresh laundry near your front window.

Man, I love it.

I don't get too much citrus from this,
also something in this reminds me of acqua di gio A LOT. but this doesn't have the calone harshness.

Many may think this is too simple.
I agree, it's like drinking neat scotch or having a piece of fillet mignon. Sometimes all you need the simple goodness

Little Chanel
I fell in disgrace, strange that Chanel still produces it. Year of birth 2004 when the marine perfumes were in fashion and Chanel launches its marine to counter the indisputable success of Acqua di Gio. I remember that in 2005 I was looking for my perfume from disco nights, I went into perfumery and after several sniffs I decided to put ADG and the left CAHS on my right wrist. The very similar opening made me undecided, but once I got home I did not I had doubts, the scent of armani was still beautiful sparkling, fresh and flowery on my skin, chanel was left an annoying and nauseating sweetness. My choice was obviously ADG.Chanel opens with a nice citrus and spicy, but then the base tonka and vanilla make it overly sweet and also lasts a lot, unfortunately. in addition to not liking there are many similar perfumes, even bubble bath if not the best and modern. If you really like Allure homme sport (Really you like it?) try the extreme version, much more enjoyable.
But then because sport, I've never understood it. Wrong also the name
Bought a year ago at a ridiculous price, I immediately regretted it
Rating 5/10
A forgotten hype?!
It's been a while since the fragrance was first released. How I smelled and acquired it for the first time I do not remember. But I knew then that when I wore it I felt a little noble. Especially, although I have not yet experienced much in the perfume world. But the brand name Chanel alone gave me the impression Then came the advertising film that was played during the Formula 1 break and tried to convey the freshness of the aquatic notes.
Fresh and elegant fits perfectly.

It is a masculine fragrance with a fresh character. I love scents that bring pepper with them. Where the pepper is not directly visible but the spice is directly noticeable. It's hard to describe. It thus has a well-balanced tandem, which gives it an elegant, cheerful, free, everyday wake-up.

The mandarin/orange is not as present as in other fragrances. Not like freshly sliced but that's a good thing. This is the personal trademark of this fragrance. A fresh first effect of mandarin and aldehyde notes.
This is followed by a combination of neroli and cedar wood, a blend of intense and masculine notes. The neroli never comes over here, though.
After a few minutes, the fragrance reveals a light tonka bean note and musky notes.
The fragrance has been described here, however, already umpteen times super.

I have the feeling that the scent has unfortunately fallen into oblivion. In my opinion it was a real hype that is timeless and still great to wear. Perfectly matched, not too sweet and not too old-fashioned. Therefore wearable from young to old. Not too intrusive and not too hidden. Not only in summer with hot temperatures but also in winter. Not only wearable during sports but also in the office or for a special occasion.

I was fascinated by the fragrance and I have received many compliments for it. He never came off badly. The durability and sillage on me is completely ok. I would say perfectly tuned. One is pleasantly perceived even over a longer period of time.

In my opinion, the fragrance still goes very, very well. Unfortunately something has been forgotten and torn apart by some people here. What I can't understand. So to celebrate the day, I'm going to spray it on myself and I'm already looking forward to the fresh, elegant aquatic notes that will surround me.
Fifasfanatic
Sillage and durability (summer scents and me)
In my search for a summer scent for me, I came across well-known summer scents like Armani's Acqua di Giò pour Homme as well as this one and I decided on AHS. Also because this one here on this website, which I really appreciate, was one of the most positively rated of the aquatic fragrances with a shelf life of 7.2 and Sillage of 6.7 (June 2019).

Sure fragrances last longer and shorter depending on the person, but I give a quite good test candidate, because I do not sweat much and have no strong body odor. I'm glad about that ;) And a lot of office seats.

It should also be mentioned that I was also very unhappy with Cool Water and CK One as a teenager because I and my fellow men could no longer perceive them in me after a short time. CK One didn't even manage an hour, unfortunately... CK is actually a brand I like from the concept.

-> And here we go:

Allure Homme Sports and the course of Sillage and shelf life:
After I spread 6 sprayers over my upper body and neck (summer scent therefore 6 sprayers):
In the first 45min-1h... Wow the tangerine orange combo beats around but hey hey he's there, keep up so please!
In the 2 hour... Oh he's getting a lot weaker, orange and mandarin are still there.
From 2.5 hours very close to the body. So close to the body that my colleague who is super to me and always stands by me as a test candidate for perfume, almost kissed me on the neck because she had to get so close to smell anything. Who would like to test the move with women, for that is perhaps something positive haha.
Of course I asked 4 more colleagues whenever I noticed a change. And it wasn't me, they all told me the exact same thing. After 3.5 hours it had definitely completely disappeared.

Who like me is looking for a fragrance that makes its 6 hours on at least 20-30cm, if not even 8 hours, that is unfortunately also out here!

Pure aquatic fruity perfumes can't do that, whether or not they should is another question. But I know that there are a lot of people out there who also want to smell good one day e.g. in the office. Dior Homme Intense makes the zb great, even if it is of course a completely different fragrance by its nature.

Conclusion: As far as the aquatic fruity scents are concerned, he is probably one of the best performers (just under 100€ for 100ml), but does not expect any miracles. I hope I could give you something on the way to the right scent and find the scent anything but bad, quite refreshing even in the first hour :)
Mainstream, so what?
Again and again, if you simply read here, regardless of which perfume from the so-called mainstream area I notice the same things. This Allure makes no exception.
One thinks it's terrible, the other thinks it's great.
Personally, I don't care what kind of perfume is coming from, it doesn't matter if it's a mainstream fragrance or a niche fragrance. First of all it should be said that there is really a lot of plörre in the mainstream. However, in the niche also. Maybe the plörre is higher quality and costs more, but if it smells like shit, it stays shit.

My nose must like it.
I also don't care which components a fragrance consists of, like here.
Here the perfume starts fresh and slightly aquatic and of course I didn't assume that you distilled sea water or went out to sea with a boat to catch the sea air However, I have with many the feeling this was at least expected.
The mandarin or/and orange has not been freshly cut here, who would like that should cut open a citrus fruit and rub in with it. Aldehyde has a long tradition in the Chanel house, someone actually got excited when No.5 came on the market?
I still find it quite pleasant, I like this interplay of citrus and pepper, which comes into play after a while.

Without being a real friend of aquatic fragrances, I can get excited about the aquatic touch that always resonates in the background. I perceive Neroli only discreetly and for me the fragrance then begins to become a little sweeter quite quickly, through the tonka bean, which unlike in the Extreme version does not play the main role. The slight hint of vanilla is noticeable, vetiver not.
All in all, the whole thing went through quickly, what remains is a fresh aquatic citrus scent, which gets a bit sweeter in the back without losing its freshness.
This is pleasant to wear, because nothing is disturbing, if only there were not this mainstream, right? Yes, there are certainly higher quality fragrances and more sophisticated composed fragrances, which do not please every nose.

I find this mainstream/niche fuss stuck-up, arrogant and superficial. If you just don't like the smell, it's just ok. In my perception, however, other factors play a role for many.

Some arguments I find funny.

On the one hand there is the so-called Synthetikhasser.
The latter criticises the synthetics contained in the fruit, whether it be the fruit contained or the aquatic environment. If I look at their collection, I see Molecule 01, Green Irish Tweed, Cool Water, Sauvage or Gucci Absolute Well, I'm also glad that I planted an Iso-E-Super tree behind my house last year and I'm looking forward to this year's harvest. I also recently bought a pound of Dihydromyrcenol from Edeka, which I like to put in my salad. I was also in the woods the other day collecting Woodleather® for the fireplace. Only genuine and natural with the ® I love nature.

Then there's the mainstream denier.
He allegedly tested about 79649 scents, of course only niche, prefers scents from a small Gallic village, whose druid conjured up his formula naked in the cauldron by moonlight and considers all his scents to be potions. Thinks the mainstream is devil's work, fragrances must be unique, but probably wears off-the-peg jeans and drives a VW car. A Chanel, if it is not straight from the exclusive row, is rejected categorically. Listen to a CD of the rutting sounds of Norwegian moose instead of Metallica because it's so independent.

Then we have the hypocritical mainstream despiser.
Continuously tests mainstream fragrances, rarely leaves a good hair on them and also emphasizes this subliminally in commissions and statements. Important here is also always the emphasis on mainstream because the word is already negative ala " Not bad for a mainstreamer, or one of the better mainstreamers." If nothing goes, it usually says "Typical mainstream scent, I've promised myself more of" This suggests that he gives the scents a chance, in reality it's just about talking badly about them. Very subtle. Thinks he's a fuckin' asshole, though. Alibi-wise he also has a mainstream scent in his collection to emphasize that he has nothing against mainstream.

Then we have the flanker and name despiser.
Favourite fragrances are those without a bottle photo. It always disturbs Flanker and even before the fragrance is on the market, it is already torn apart. Sport as a name suffix is generally a No Go, because you don't know how to smell during sport. Honestly? If the fragrance were Chanel Allure Homme Schwabeldiwauwau, it would change nothing about the fragrance itself. No matter what it's called. But yes, of course there is no such thing in the niche. Then Layton becomes an Exclusif, which sounds more substantial. Some flankers can't do anything, that's true, but the Allure series shows that this doesn't always have to be the case.

Finally there is the convert.
He registered here with pure mainstream fragrances in his collection. Celebrating his versaces, Chanels and what do I know in his first commissions, only to find that he's nothing special. A few weeks later these fragrances have disappeared from the collection, the commissioners have an addendum and the Have I list bristles with niche. Now you're somebody! Now you know your way around and you can make nice thick trousers in your private life. Defines niche mostly by price. Mainstream fragrances that like the approach, then smell Nischig too. Nischig!!!

Chanel Allure Homme Sport has nothing to do with the whole thing, but everything to do again. The fragrance is quite popular, you can see the users who own it or want to have it. It stands everywhere, is easy to get and always wearable, preferably in warmer temperatures. The shelf life is fine for a fresh fragrance, so 6-7h are in it. Personally I think it's good, but I also think the Allure series is generally very good. What's the big deal?

There are many scents that smell very artificial for me, which are mostly super sweet, or pure aquatics should represent. I'll say it the way it is. But they have your followers, too. However, such fragrances can also be found in both areas. Whether mainstream or niche. In my circle of acquaintances nobody would notice a difference. On the contrary. I would be declared completely stupid if I said that I paid over 100€ for a perfume. But I don't peddle my knowledge and prices either.

Ultimately, everyone should wear what their nose likes and not what is supposedly cooler or what they can use to make a name for themselves. I don't believe some people think it's all about the scent. For all of the above categories... If the fragrance were Creed Fruity Ocean Water, or Amouage FreshWave Man, it would be better rated. At least in my perception.
SiLe93
A classic, probably the most refined and elegant freshness among the designers
What perfume do you think of when you think of a young, athletic, elegant gentleman? Among the designers, probably Chanel Allure Homme Sport in first place. If I go back to my fragrance journey, AHS was probably my first signature fragrance (I had some before, but no real connection to them), i.e. I have worn it regularly for years, one, two or three years, if not daily.

Meanwhile I have moved on, i.e. now I am mainly fascinated by niche fragrances. Exquisite fragrances have become a real passion of mine. But when I take the opportunity to get a taste of AHS in a perfumery today, I really indulge in memories.

CONCLUSION: One of the best sporty, elegant designer fragrances and certainly one of the best Chanel fragrances for the modern (young) man.
Farneon
Probably the best of the fresh!?
This sporty-fresh all-rounder is now in my possession again. I knew I wouldn't do anything wrong with it, because AHS was practically my olfactory figurehead for several years! ;-) ... Well, until I have tried myself at the instigation of my girlfriend also sometimes on sweeter and spicier scents. With success, I would say in retrospect, but the preference for fresh citrus with an original "aftertaste" probably can't be gotten out of me anymore. So to each his own! :-)

Since the name is Dufzwilling, I compare AHS with the much cheaper (why actually?) Versace pour Homme, which I also like, but which in my opinion lacks the mentioned special property (see my comment elsewhere). VPH simply remains citric from the head to the base note, in which a trace of woodiness is added. I wonder where the oud indicated in the ingredients should actually be processed? But no matter ...

In any case, AHS is much gentler at the beginning, but after about 10-15 minutes it convinces in my opinion with a much more complex substructure. This shows once again that it is not only the ingredients that make up a fragrance, but their individual composition, perhaps also the quality of the perfume oils used. For me, AHS is the better fresh fragrance in comparison, because it is a bit more complex and "dignified". I guess it's also pepper and vanilla that make the difference in the end, but that's pure speculation ;-) In any case, in the course of time, minimal powdery and sweet notes are added, which make AHS also suitable for the evening for me personally!

MillanderMillander 166 days ago
Allure Homme Sport = Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême + Versace Pour Homme + a little orange
DPArtistDPArtist 6 months ago
5.5
As with the ironically weaker 'Eau Extreme,' AHS manages to be a 'Sport' scent which is NOT refreshing. Safe scent but can get cloying.
ElysiumElysium 6 months ago
A nice aquatic. The citrus face is very great as well and it blends well with the creamy drydown. The metallic face is all the way through.
KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
4.5
After 10 fresh minutes it smells like I rubbed orange peel on my skin. Not a catastrophic scent but it's probably cheaper to buy an orange
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 18 months ago
Chemical mess. Cheap headache inducing chemical water.
OPomoneOPomone 5 years ago
A fragrance in very poor taste, ideally suited to those who wear socks with their
sandals.

by Uxfoerd
by Uxfoerd
by Lanto
by Lanto
by Irini
by Irini
by Onya21
Das AS und der Deostift sind sensationell, besser als das EdT. ;)
by TomDuft
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Allure Homme Sport and BMW 4 Series Coupé
by Turandot
by Turandot
Racing
by Tibor
Der Flakon hat eine kleine Delle. :)
by TomDuft
by Rickey
by Stardust
by Stardust

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel