Allure Homme Sport (2004) Eau de Toilette

Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Bottle Design: Jacques Helleu
Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin, Seawater, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Pepper, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.09.2019

7.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Fifasfanatic
Sillage and durability (summer scents and me)
In my search for a summer scent for me, I came across well-known summer scents like Armani's Acqua di Giò pour Homme as well as this one and I decided on AHS. Also because this one here on this website, which I really appreciate, was one of the most positively rated of the aquatic fragrances with a shelf life of 7.2 and Sillage of 6.7 (June 2019).

Sure fragrances last longer and shorter depending on the person, but I give a quite good test candidate, because I do not sweat much and have no strong body odor. I'm glad about that ;) And a lot of office seats.

It should also be mentioned that I was also very unhappy with Cool Water and CK One as a teenager because I and my fellow men could no longer perceive them in me after a short time. CK One didn't even manage an hour, unfortunately... CK is actually a brand I like from the concept.

-> And here we go:

Allure Homme Sports and the course of Sillage and shelf life:
After I spread 6 sprayers over my upper body and neck (summer scent therefore 6 sprayers):
In the first 45min-1h... Wow the tangerine orange combo beats around but hey hey he's there, keep up so please!
In the 2 hour... Oh he's getting a lot weaker, orange and mandarin are still there.
From 2.5 hours very close to the body. So close to the body that my colleague who is super to me and always stands by me as a test candidate for perfume, almost kissed me on the neck because she had to get so close to smell anything. Who would like to test the move with women, for that is perhaps something positive haha.
Of course I asked 4 more colleagues whenever I noticed a change. And it wasn't me, they all told me the exact same thing. After 3.5 hours it had definitely completely disappeared.

Who like me is looking for a fragrance that makes its 6 hours on at least 20-30cm, if not even 8 hours, that is unfortunately also out here!

Pure aquatic fruity perfumes can't do that, whether or not they should is another question. But I know that there are a lot of people out there who also want to smell good one day e.g. in the office. Dior Homme Intense makes the zb great, even if it is of course a completely different fragrance by its nature.

Conclusion: As far as the aquatic fruity scents are concerned, he is probably one of the best performers (just under 100€ for 100ml), but does not expect any miracles. I hope I could give you something on the way to the right scent and find the scent anything but bad, quite refreshing even in the first hour :)
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Mainstream, so what?
Again and again, if you simply read here, regardless of which perfume from the so-called mainstream area I notice the same things. This Allure makes no exception.
One thinks it's terrible, the other thinks it's great.
Personally, I don't care what kind of perfume is coming from, it doesn't matter if it's a mainstream fragrance or a niche fragrance. First of all it should be said that there is really a lot of plörre in the mainstream. However, in the niche also. Maybe the plörre is higher quality and costs more, but if it smells like shit, it stays shit.

My nose must like it.
I also don't care which components a fragrance consists of, like here.
Here the perfume starts fresh and slightly aquatic and of course I didn't assume that you distilled sea water or went out to sea with a boat to catch the sea air However, I have with many the feeling this was at least expected.
The mandarin or/and orange has not been freshly cut here, who would like that should cut open a citrus fruit and rub in with it. Aldehyde has a long tradition in the Chanel house, someone actually got excited when No.5 came on the market?
I still find it quite pleasant, I like this interplay of citrus and pepper, which comes into play after a while.

Without being a real friend of aquatic fragrances, I can get excited about the aquatic touch that always resonates in the background. I perceive Neroli only discreetly and for me the fragrance then begins to become a little sweeter quite quickly, through the tonka bean, which unlike in the Extreme version does not play the main role. The slight hint of vanilla is noticeable, vetiver not.
All in all, the whole thing went through quickly, what remains is a fresh aquatic citrus scent, which gets a bit sweeter in the back without losing its freshness.
This is pleasant to wear, because nothing is disturbing, if only there were not this mainstream, right? Yes, there are certainly higher quality fragrances and more sophisticated composed fragrances, which do not please every nose.

I find this mainstream/niche fuss stuck-up, arrogant and superficial. If you just don't like the smell, it's just ok. In my perception, however, other factors play a role for many.

Some arguments I find funny.

On the one hand there is the so-called Synthetikhasser.
The latter criticises the synthetics contained in the fruit, whether it be the fruit contained or the aquatic environment. If I look at their collection, I see Molecule 01, Green Irish Tweed, Cool Water, Sauvage or Gucci Absolute Well, I'm also glad that I planted an Iso-E-Super tree behind my house last year and I'm looking forward to this year's harvest. I also recently bought a pound of Dihydromyrcenol from Edeka, which I like to put in my salad. I was also in the woods the other day collecting Woodleather® for the fireplace. Only genuine and natural with the ® I love nature.

Then there's the mainstream denier.
He allegedly tested about 79649 scents, of course only niche, prefers scents from a small Gallic village, whose druid conjured up his formula naked in the cauldron by moonlight and considers all his scents to be potions. Thinks the mainstream is devil's work, fragrances must be unique, but probably wears off-the-peg jeans and drives a VW car. A Chanel, if it is not straight from the exclusive row, is rejected categorically. Listen to a CD of the rutting sounds of Norwegian moose instead of Metallica because it's so independent.

Then we have the hypocritical mainstream despiser.
Continuously tests mainstream fragrances, rarely leaves a good hair on them and also emphasizes this subliminally in commissions and statements. Important here is also always the emphasis on mainstream because the word is already negative ala " Not bad for a mainstreamer, or one of the better mainstreamers." If nothing goes, it usually says "Typical mainstream scent, I've promised myself more of" This suggests that he gives the scents a chance, in reality it's just about talking badly about them. Very subtle. Thinks he's a fuckin' asshole, though. Alibi-wise he also has a mainstream scent in his collection to emphasize that he has nothing against mainstream.

Then we have the flanker and name despiser.
Favourite fragrances are those without a bottle photo. It always disturbs Flanker and even before the fragrance is on the market, it is already torn apart. Sport as a name suffix is generally a No Go, because you don't know how to smell during sport. Honestly? If the fragrance were Chanel Allure Homme Schwabeldiwauwau, it would change nothing about the fragrance itself. No matter what it's called. But yes, of course there is no such thing in the niche. Then Layton becomes an Exclusif, which sounds more substantial. Some flankers can't do anything, that's true, but the Allure series shows that this doesn't always have to be the case.

Finally there is the convert.
He registered here with pure mainstream fragrances in his collection. Celebrating his versaces, Chanels and what do I know in his first commissions, only to find that he's nothing special. A few weeks later these fragrances have disappeared from the collection, the commissioners have an addendum and the Have I list bristles with niche. Now you're somebody! Now you know your way around and you can make nice thick trousers in your private life. Defines niche mostly by price. Mainstream fragrances that like the approach, then smell Nischig too. Nischig!!!

Chanel Allure Homme Sport has nothing to do with the whole thing, but everything to do again. The fragrance is quite popular, you can see the users who own it or want to have it. It stands everywhere, is easy to get and always wearable, preferably in warmer temperatures. The shelf life is fine for a fresh fragrance, so 6-7h are in it. Personally I think it's good, but I also think the Allure series is generally very good. What's the big deal?

There are many scents that smell very artificial for me, which are mostly super sweet, or pure aquatics should represent. I'll say it the way it is. But they have your followers, too. However, such fragrances can also be found in both areas. Whether mainstream or niche. In my circle of acquaintances nobody would notice a difference. On the contrary. I would be declared completely stupid if I said that I paid over 100€ for a perfume. But I don't peddle my knowledge and prices either.

Ultimately, everyone should wear what their nose likes and not what is supposedly cooler or what they can use to make a name for themselves. I don't believe some people think it's all about the scent. For all of the above categories... If the fragrance were Creed Fruity Ocean Water, or Amouage FreshWave Man, it would be better rated. At least in my perception.
2.0 4.0 6.0 7.0/10

SiLe93
A classic, probably the most refined and elegant freshness among the designers
What perfume do you think of when you think of a young, athletic, elegant gentleman? Among the designers, probably Chanel Allure Homme Sport in first place. If I go back to my fragrance journey, AHS was probably my first signature fragrance (I had some before, but no real connection to them), i.e. I have worn it regularly for years, one, two or three years, if not daily.

Meanwhile I have moved on, i.e. now I am mainly fascinated by niche fragrances. Exquisite fragrances have become a real passion of mine. But when I take the opportunity to get a taste of AHS in a perfumery today, I really indulge in memories.

CONCLUSION: One of the best sporty, elegant designer fragrances and certainly one of the best Chanel fragrances for the modern (young) man.
6.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Farneon
Probably the best of the fresh!?
This sporty-fresh all-rounder is now in my possession again. I knew I wouldn't do anything wrong with it, because AHS was practically my olfactory figurehead for several years! ;-) ... Well, until I have tried myself at the instigation of my girlfriend also sometimes on sweeter and spicier scents. With success, I would say in retrospect, but the preference for fresh citrus with an original "aftertaste" probably can't be gotten out of me anymore. So to each his own! :-)

Since the name is Dufzwilling, I compare AHS with the much cheaper (why actually?) Versace pour Homme, which I also like, but which in my opinion lacks the mentioned special property (see my comment elsewhere). VPH simply remains citric from the head to the base note, in which a trace of woodiness is added. I wonder where the oud indicated in the ingredients should actually be processed? But no matter ...

In any case, AHS is much gentler at the beginning, but after about 10-15 minutes it convinces in my opinion with a much more complex substructure. This shows once again that it is not only the ingredients that make up a fragrance, but their individual composition, perhaps also the quality of the perfume oils used. For me, AHS is the better fresh fragrance in comparison, because it is a bit more complex and "dignified". I guess it's also pepper and vanilla that make the difference in the end, but that's pure speculation ;-) In any case, in the course of time, minimal powdery and sweet notes are added, which make AHS also suitable for the evening for me personally!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Not so SPORTY
This is a bit too "creamy" for me to be considered a "sport" scent.
Really nice but the Tonka and Vanilla, for me, seems rather prominent, more so than citrus.

When I think sport I think aldehydes, citrus, marine/aquatic notes.....which I detect yet not getting past the vanilla/Tonka blend.

Again, this is really nice but not the kind I think of applying on HOT days, I just happened to wear it today on a cooler than usual day under overcast skies.

It definitely has the Allure background, just a bit too heavy.
7.5 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

GMK
too sweet to be called 'sport'
Really unfortunate to see the brand like Chanel and Perfumer like J.Polge producing a product similar to millions already available , whereas the same combo has created an array of classic women and men fragrances.
How could a tonka , amber rich sweet cologne be called 'sport'.. sportsmen and women better understand what happens when it sweats with a rich sweet cloying fragrance.

but after all its Channel.
Looking forward to see Egoiste 'sport'.

Grey nightmare
The only positive thing about this fragrance is that the name is perfectly self-explanatory and truly true to faith, so if you’re aware that most brands use “sport” as a synonim for “pathetically cheap and metallic”, you can guess what to expect here and can start to roll your eyes. A deeply nondescript fresh mishmash –Adidas-esque kind of metallic-woody freshness – stuffed with cheap ozonic-minty notes, the only tolerable nuances being a really subtle sort of smooth sandalwood-musk base accord, something sort of powdery-leafy floating around, and some ordinary (but at least, not screechy) lemon. A few hints of decency (basically, the only connections to classic Allure) buried into an almost futuristic mess of pungent artificial stuff which shall be supposed to connect with the concept of “fitness”. I never understood why most of “sport” fragrances smell like this – I wonder what kind of “sport” brands think to specifically, since I think more of a gold medal perspirator washing a car while wearing a Calvin Klein dupe. But well, to each his own. Horrid for me.

4/10
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Great summer scent!
That's a really nice scent: lots of aquatic and citrus notes over a light tonka bean/vanilla base.

Opens with aldehydes and water notes, followed by neroli and some pepper. In the drydown you can smell the tonka bean, but very light - suitable for summer.

Good choice for summer days but works on winter days too.

Excellent lasting power, sillage and projection. But it can have you olfatory fatigue.

Updated January 2014
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A rather basic sporty cologne
I was initially shocked by how familiar this fragrance was to my nose, I could have sworn I'd smelt it before. Either I reviewed a scent very much like Allure Homme Sport, or there has been many a man that has walked past me wearing this.

Allure Homme Sport is what I'd describe as a lemony, green scent with a touch of powder and pepper. In some ways this fragrance does evoke a sense of 'sporty-ness', however it is also a clean, Summery, casual and fresh scent.

Although interesting, and certainly pleasing to a female nose, Allure Homme Sport seems a little generic to me. Although not exactly the same, this fragrance is along the lines of Davidoff's Cool Water, Beckham's Instinct and Armani's Acqua di Gio.

The peppery citrus notes can become irritating over time, so due to the rather strong sillage, I can only recommend going light with this one. I like this fragrance's crispness however, I think it's a nice Summery alternative to the original rich and spicy Allure Pour Homme.

Although the blend itself works well, I also found this fragrance quite linear. I wonder whether this fragrance was composed to appeal to those men that aren't too fussed with perfumery as an art. As much as I hate to say it, I think Chanel is taking a step backwards with this release. Allure Homme Sport just doesn't seem to match the class, quality and distinction of other Chanel scents.

KingPin 8 months ago
After 10 fresh minutes it smells like I rubbed orange peel on my skin. Not a catastrophic scent but it's probably cheaper to buy an orange+2
4.0
4.5
JoaoMartins 9 months ago
Chemical mess. Cheap headache inducing chemical water.
5.0
1.0
OPomone 4 years ago
A fragrance in very poor taste, ideally suited to those who wear socks with their
sandals.+5
2.5
0.0

by Uxfoerd
by Uxfoerd
by Irini
by Irini
by Onya21
Das AS und der Deostift sind sensationell, besser als das EdT. ;)
by TomDuft
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Allure Homme Sport and BMW 4 Series Coupé
by Turandot
by Turandot
Racing
by Tibor
Der Flakon hat eine kleine Delle. :)
by TomDuft
by Rickey
by Stardust
by Stardust

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel