Allure Sensuelle (2005) Eau de Parfum

Allure Sensuelle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Candied fruits, Rose, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.03.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Jazzy76
"Something in the way she moves..."
Nobody could imagine that in that minimal, squared and almost austere bottle there's a so sensual scent!
I usually saw the fragrances by Chanel in their corner in my favourite drugstore and I used to spray mainly n.5 and Coco. But last saturday I was attracted by the name "Allure SENSUELLE " (sensual) and I was curious to test if it really was so sensual as the name said.
Well, at the first spray I smelled immediately the bright and citrusy notes made more interesting by the peppery touch. Then, I felt the feminin softness of the flowery heart with the unusual candied fruits note and the vetyver, giving a vibrant character to the scent. Finally, on my skin remained the more oriental base notes, such as the amber, a soft and not earthy patchouli and the wonderful frankincense accent.
This so sexy and classy bouquet reminded me of the first lyrics of the famous song by George Harrison "Something in the way she moves...". This is , in fact, the "allure", it's a way to move, to be, to be woman.
The sillage is very good although the fragrance is very balanced and not at all heavy. It lasts for many hours.
It's a precious mid season scent perfect to wear in the colder season too or by night if you want to go in crowded place where you need a good but not excessive sillage. The price is high, as well as all the creations signed Chanel, but it's a little jewel.
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Duftsucht
Maybe not every fragrance is made for everyone!
Typical example in my case: Allure Sensuelle by Chanel. I noticed Allure Sensuelle at a professional event. A lady, with whom I have to do professionally (tall, slim, dark hair, former top athlete, self-confident and extremely nice) passed me and a wonderful, extraordinary, memorable scent grazed my nose. After that happened a few more times during the evening - and even though I had my hands full and was quite distracted, I finally asked her about her scent. She told me laughing that she had found the scent just like that. Every time she left the house in the morning, a former neighbour had left a delicate touch of "Allure Sensuelle" in the stairwell - and she had also asked for the scent after some time. So on to the test: And indeed: a wonderfully fresh prelude, but with which already clearly oriental sounds mix. I can sniff orange, pepper and vanilla, bewitchingly mixed with floral-fruity sweetness. The fragrance develops wonderfully on the skin, patchouli can be clearly smelled later. I am thrilled by the fragrance, from beginning to end, which comes after a very, very long time. After a full 8 hours I still catch myself parking my nose on my wrist! Despite its opulence, "Allure Sensuelle" never gets on my nerves, but I feel it as cuddly, sensual and erotic. Beautiful!
So why didn't the fragrance immediately end up on my wish list and then in my collection? Well, I'm afraid it has something to do with how I met him: a dark-haired, dark-eyed, sensual, extremely attractive, self-confident lady, to whom "Allure Sensuelle" simply fits perfectly. And I'm not so sure whether the fragrance would really come into its own with me... a lack of self-confidence? Yes, I suppose so. maybe I'll just let some time go by and test it again!
9.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Oriane
Another Jacques Polge Masterpiece!!!
Gorgeous floriental! Two thumbs up! WAY UP!!

I just acquired this fragrance and have only worn it once thus far, but it is absolutely swoon-worthy! Only the original Coco EdP and a couple of the Les Exclusifs EdT's can compete with Sensuelle EdP. I recently purchased Coco Noir, too, but this is so much more impressive than either Coco Noir or Coco Mademoiselle. Sensuelle is refined, elegant, and well, so very sensual!!

As one would expect, the top notes are delicious---very fresh, juicy orange, peach, and bergamot as well as a strong, clean, sparkling patchouli note predominate. Gorgeous Turkish and Bulgarian roses bloom in the heart alongside an elegant jasmine and a cool, sophisticated iris. If there is fruit here, it is fresh, juicy, ripe fruit, NOT candied fruit. Any sweetness is a very natural sweetness, not a candied, sugary sweetness. The heart almost approaches a gourmand at moments, but it never quite reaches gourmand status. It firmly remains a gorgeous floral Oriental throughout.

A clean, green, absolutely stunning vetiver accentuates the base along with a light, sparkling, clean patchouli and a bit of both sandalwood and vanilla. (This is how vetiver should be done, baby!) Lingering alongside these notes is the most heavenly incense note I have ever smelt in my life!! It is amazingly fresh throughout into the base notes despite that these notes are generally thought to be "heavy." I highly recommend this fragrance to lovers of both Orientals/Florientals, and fresh, green scents because it does have a wonderfully fresh, delicious vetiver and sparkling patchouli. It smells very expensive. Sensuelle is firmly one of my all time favourite Chanels now.

This is without a doubt a Jacques Polge masterpiece and unmistakably a CHANEL at its finest. This is perfume as Art! It is sophisticated, clean yet sensual indeed, and it will undoubtedly get you noticed by both men and women. It is breathtaking and unforgettable. It is completely signature worthy, and it is aptly named "Sensuelle." So happy I ordered this one!! : )

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 9/10

Sillage: 9/10

Longevity: 9/10
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Oh, so very sensuelle...
When it comes to Chanel fragrances it is either a hit or miss with me. While I quite enjoyed the spicy Coco, the powdery and soft Allure and the fresh and exciting No.5 eau Premiere, other Chanels like No.19, Cristalle and the highly renowned No.5 left me dissatisfied.

However along came Allure Sensuelle which restored my respect for Chanel fragrances. The scent is unique, stylish, rich and spicy. A scent that will certainly rouse up the men and awaken your animalistic desires.

Do not be turned off by the opening which tends to be rather strong and alcoholic. Once you wait it out for a few minutes, a gorgeous dusty yet sexy spice warms the skin.

In reality Allure Sensuelle is a combination of a variety of smells; spices, woods, musk, fruits and flowers. Somehow all these notes blend together successfully. I'm still in awe of this fragrance.

The patchouli note is dominant, so I'll admit that this won't appeal to some. The vanilla note also lingers in the background creating a slight sweetness and comforting warmth.

The sillage and lasting strength is unbelievably good, so good that you would find it quite overbearing in the warmer months, so it is best worn at night or during Winter.

Overall, Allure Sensuelle is indeed very sensual. Chanel never fails in producing elegant and sophisticated scents.

Jazzy76 6 months ago
"Something in the way she moves..." : these words resounded in my head smelling this warm and classy fragrance so rich and refined. Lovely+2

by Blödel
by Miaw2
by Jalami
by Jalami

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel