Bleu de Chanel (2010)Eau de Toilette

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Vetiver, Citric notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruit, Labdanum, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.02.2020.

10.0 9.0 10.0 6.0/10

HURTS MY NOSE
Nothing much to say for BDC, I don't mind the scent. I would have worn it more often but I found something so sharp in this that it hurts my nose and gives me a headache.

Eventually, I gave it away to a friend.
8.0 7.0 6.0 7.0/10

Seahawk12s
I used to be the non-plus ultra...
But since I have become more involved with fragrances, I have also realized that there are better and higher quality things available. Unfortunately the EDT does not last very long, but the freshness is still very great. For 20-30 year olds wonderful and still a sure compliment getter, but since I am 31 now I will probably dare to try the perfume :-D with the hope of a newer adult fragrance
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Good fresh allrounder..
Tested this on a paper strip some years ago and remember loving it.
So having had the 2010 batch with great sillage and longevity should make me extremely pleased.
It may be slightly generic, but at the same time it's fresh, clean and versatile indeed.

Thing is, I love the grape lemon ginger vetiver patchouli mix this classy scent radiates - but at the same time SOMETHING is making this EdT cloying for me - and I can't tell what it is. My best guess would be the incense or the pink pepper, but it's hard to tell, could be the sum of all the mixed elements.
To be quite honest (and I know I may be bashed for this), I actually prefer Kenneth Coles Black to this, as I get a very similar vibe but without that cloying something - and at a fraction of the price.

By the way, having worn this for more than a year I've never had a single compliment on this - so much for a compliment grabber...
6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Fengaraki
The most elegant sneaker in the world
Among all the spicy, sporty men's fragrances of the recent past, "Bleu de Chanel" is by far the most refined - and it is precisely this refinement that is its cardinal flaw. Yes, the hardly isolatable lemony, woody and spicy aspects of the fragrance combine to form a harmonious whole. However, the bridge between high-minded concept and profane object fails - the most elegant sneaker in the world does not match the tailcoat or the jogging suit.

While the related "Cool Water" radiates uncouth joie de vivre, "Bleu" freezes in sophisticated banality. This time, chiselled refinement leads to an aesthetic impasse and the fragrance becomes a monument to the hubris of a leading perfume house that believes it can replace intellectual originality with technical perfection.
8.0 9.0 7.0 8.0/10

Noble restraint
Bleu De Chanel and Chanel allure homme sport smell very similar at the beginning, very citrusy and spicy.
While Allure homme sport continues with, I suspect, oranges and mandarins (?), Bleu de Chanel adds a peppery note and grapefruit.
It looks particularly noble when you see cedar, ginger and sandalwood.
For me, one of the best fragrance compositions together with Allure, in the end everything comes together to form an incredibly noble but reserved overall picture.
That is the great thing about this fragrance, it is always present and very high quality, but doesn't get on anyone's nerves. He is a gentleman for the nostrils, he opens the door for you and behaves well, but under no circumstances does he want to be in the foreground. He does all this all year round, even when he is cold or hot
7.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Morrissey
Universal or universal (Latin "comprehensive, comprehensive, worldwide")
Pretty positive, I think, or ?

Bleu de Chanel EDT is my signature fragrance because it is universal. This sounds sober and not very emotional, but hits the nail on the head !

After many years, in which I did not miss anything with only 1.5 fragrances, I lost my way on this website. An interesting odyssey began. After countless perfumery visits, deception and bottling, I have become acquainted with many facets of current fragrance compositions.

Most of them were very interesting, but not suitable for everyday use. Oud, smoke, animal, mulled wine, lemon sorbet, urine, moor etc. - not for me. It took me a while to find a fragrance that I liked and that can be used not only in very selected situations and moods.

When I go out of the house I don't look at the air pressure, humidity, temperature, moon phase or if there is any pollen in the air. I also do not want to analyse my prevailing mood before I choose a fragrance. I want a fragrance that (almost) always fits.

Ok, with an armada of niche fragrances I could perhaps increase my dopamine output by 5-10 percent in a few situations, but I don't need to.

My impression of the scent:

Bleu opens with mint and a yuzu-like citrus note with a touch of violet carried by pepper. There is a warm counterbalance of nutmeg and other notes that I do not recognize exactly. Vetiver, grapefruit and cedar get the heart going,
This is quite conventional, but produces a very nice cool freshness. The grapefruit and cedar mate with a woody ozone-rich aura. The base becomes warmer, with patchouli, a very small synthetic ? Incense notes, followed by sandalwood and the ambroxan base that so often gets criticized.

I like this course very much.

That's all I need at the moment :-)
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Freshness with many facets
Bleu de Chanel opens with a triad of spicy oranges, a spicy lemon, and spicy grapefruit to a very fresh looking citric rendezvous. This is quickly joined by warm pink peppercorns and ripe peppermint, accompanied by vetiver and a hint of cedar. In the course of further development I perceive a beautiful spicy nutmeg note and a penetrating ginger bedded on a cloud of sweet jasmine. During the following hours the fragrance dries to its predominantly woody base. This process is complemented by patchouli with light pepper, herbs, vetiver with an earthy grass note and radiant labdanum. The resulting fragrance impression, which now gives the EDT a sweet-salty, vegetable and mossy facet, lasts between 6 and 7 hours depending on the weather. The projection can be classified as pleasantly restrained during the entire wearing period.

Bleu de Chanel is an extremely versatile fragrance that can most likely be worn at any time of the year. It has more depth and more different facets than most other fragrances of the same genre.

If you are looking for a sophisticated fresh fragrance, you will surely find it here.

Chanels Basic Model
I recently took the liberty of making two purchases: a new car and a new everyday perfume. As I made my selection, the friendly saleswoman recommended the Chanel and Diors Sauvage. In the shop, the two were olfactory indistinguishable, even an outbreak in front of the door only mixed in some french fries with hot from the nearby snack stall.
So I chose the Sauvage by pure chance to give it back the next day. What a hideous soapy water, I apologize to all friends of this product for the hard word. But. Pure industrial soap!
Now it went to the Bleu de Chanel and yes. Yes! Relaxed. Slightly hypothermic. The quick citrus opening flies away and gives way to a pleasing, high-quality fresh scent. I do not want to repeat the ingredients again, the perfume as a whole looks rather synthetic, but not unpleasant. A slightly sporty note can be discerned.
What the car mentioned at the beginning has to do with it, I explain immediately: it is the simplest, entry-level motorized vehicle of a Bavarian manufacturer.
Of course they rush by, all the highly bred Czechs, French and Japanese, everyone has a light years better price-performance ratio, scream: look, I also have this Hofmeisterknick, also I have this edge and this button and also I am wild. And I am cheaper, faster, yes just better.
Well, the Bavarian in me would say (I am Saxon), but I sit quite well for that. Classic with rear drive, classic with beautiful lines, well dressed.
The Chanel is a classic basic model. Others can do many things better, louder, or because of me more unusual or cheaper.
Chanel's here. Unobtrusive, it accompanies solid through the day and presents quite good durability. Never intrusive, fine elegance is the new punk.
Who wants to hit on the proverbial shit, uses then evenly the Antaeus from the same house.

After many years of Gucci Guilty my personal judgement for the "little" Chanel is very good.
6.0 6.0 5.0 8.5/10

The Generic Masculinum
Why do you start your first comment here with such a polarizing scent?

The everyday fragrance par excellence, the epitome of wasted creativity, the toast of men's fragrances and founder of the equally beloved and notorious "blue wave"?

For the same reason for which I love this fragrance despite its, I say friendly "simplicity" and for me yet atypical lack of durability. It's too expensive, he doesn't even stay with me for 5 hours and you have to get very close to me to see it. It is terribly boring and banal according to my current standards... nothing special and yet... If I spray it on, if I smell the bottle, I have to smile involuntarily. Because, you know, He here.... He was my first.
I wouldn't be on Parfumo without Bleu de Chanel. I would probably wear Rossmann Parfum for a few pennies and be satisfied with Adidas or worse Axe. I would have had such a wonderful hobby gone through my rags.

My ex-girlfriend had infected me with it and told me how unbelievable it had smelled on someone else. After several repetitions on their part, this had got so stuck that I had to try it. I had never spent so much money on a fragrance before and was therefore in really high expectation.

When I sprayed it on for the first time, I already noticed that blue was something different from what I had known from self scenting before. This one felt kind of noble. I had no idea of notes, durability let alone what a Sillage was, but Bleu de Chanel smelled like a revelation to me at that time. My self-confidence swung to new heights, which was also caused by the fact that I received an exuberant compliment from a young lady at work when I was wearing it for the first time.

Nowadays I wear the blue one only rarely or on special occasions, it may be simple, but whether you like it or not, how mass compatible this fragrance is and especially why it is, Bleu de Chanel remains a guarantor for positive resonance.
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Integral
BdC EdT - Acronym or Retronym?
Basically, the three different Bleu de Chanel versions cannot be clearly distinguished from each other. In addition, I would like to point out that these fresh fragrances have a very special characteristic.

Characteristic is the citric note, which creates an absolutely transparent and cool property that reminds us humans of disinfectants freshly cleaned in decontamination. It is precisely this freshness that is interesting to me. So I can still have the feeling of being fresh at very high temperatures in summer. Perhaps it is lemon, orange, grapefruit or the classic bergamot. I don't recognize vetiver and pepper. It is also interesting how the perfume gradually evaporates. The citrus fruits begin to take a back seat, while a certain component - what actually? - is spreading. The scent is now neither sparkling nor cool. It is synthetic with a small amount of sticky fragrances. Something dry that makes you struggle for breath rings innocently at the back door. I think it's the smoke.

The scent embodies a special coolness, as we know it from components of metallic material. In addition, there is the fresh-citric robot cleanliness, which offers the whole play a balanced attitude between inconspicuousness and claim. In all situations where the desire for "simple cleanliness" is present, Bleu de Chanel is convincing.

If you look at the appearance of Bleu de Chanel bottles and compare it with their contents, you can quickly see that the entire product line is very similar. It is therefore hardly surprising that the EdT bottle only received an addition such as "Eau de Toilette" after the fact. The common consumer is promised a change in the matter of fragrance, whereby the terms known to us such as shelf life and Sillage function variable seem to play.

For me Bleu de Chanel is a fresh fragrance, which I like to apply to warmer summers.

9.0 8.0 10.0/10

What's so special?
I have 2 2ml samples each of BDC.
One Edt and one perfume.
I find something in this fragrance so convincing. I can't tell you what it is.
With the Edt, this "feeling" starts immediately after the job and lasts about 2 hours. With perfume, on the other hand, it only starts after about an hour. Something in that scent makes me happy. No other perfume gives me that feeling. There are other perfumes that I like and love, but none get so close to my heart that it affects my subconscious. And this is exactly what this fragrance creates. I just have him on my wrist and smile :)
Similarity to Sauvage? Not to me. Sauvage is boring, maybe this one too, but he still convinces me soo much. Not from the smell. Or is it? I can't say, I definitely love this fragrance.
LG :)
8.0 4.0 4.0 2.0/10

Annoying in modern times

Had a few weeks ago when looking for a summer scent at
a sample and was already little impressed at this time
and a little at a loss. So this is supposed to be the highly acclaimed blue...?

Now I had found another atomizer sample in a GQ booklet and thought,
give him another chance- the bottle is so simple and yet great and the old big name...

...1990 Egoiste at that time the smell for a while, years later again a blast - Allure Homme Sport,
really good and that should now although already longer on the market a modern Chanel statement
in the blockbuster sector?
Not for me! Unfortunately. A confused semi-synthetic mix, which might do everything somehow
and that's the kind of thing that comes out of it.
In addition with a very moderate silage and durability.
But making money with nothing seems to work somehow, if you don't get the
May trust sales.

Of course every time has its fragrance preferences and special highlights, but this belongs
definitely not the fragrances that you still remember euphorically after a long time.
There are for me creations like the Terres or Spicebombs ( unreformed) from completely different wood.
They made me become aware of the fragrance sector in the first place...
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Reinventing the wheel
It has been several years since Chanel launched his top seller on the market. I was one of the ones who liked him from the beginning. Before the first bottle I allowed myself first only 12 samples a 2ml of this. Unfortunately he never really liked my girlfriend.

The start is citric, bitter and fresh as the rest of the course. I think it's super linear and good from start to finish. Except for the incense note, which in my opinion could have been used more gently to make it rounder and smoother. Basically I think it's ingenious how Chanel reinvents the wheel here. In my opinion, such aromatic citrus scents are not against it yet. Often copied, modified and rebuilt for good reason. That's just the DNA of today.

By the way, I don't know why people keep saying he's a suit scent. I think it's pretty universal. Maybe not necessarily on the beach in Cuba, but in his chic casual clothes he also goes for it. H+S are absolutely sufficient and pretty good for a fresh fragrance.

BdC will be part of the Acqua di Gio and Le Male series in the sense of eternal recurrence. But for good reason.
9.0 5.0 7.0 8.0/10

Sonny94
Why always this Hate against shower gel scents
Chanel's flagship of the 2010's. New decade new fragrance preferences. While in the 80's one was still wearing perfumes that were herbily spicy in the 90's sweet fragrances à la Le Male, today it's the oh so hated "Fresh from the shower" (shower gel) fragrances".

The prelude is kept fresh. Pepper and mandarin dominate this happen. Later I add grapefruit and other fruity notes that I can't determine. Towards the end it becomes heavier by the sandalwood, but does not lose its freshness and timeless elegance. Sillage is in mediocrity, the shelf life but okay 7 hours you smell it.
Crowdpleaser par excellence. A perfume you can't go wrong with. Elegant yet seductive.

I know what you're thinking, how can he rate that lukewarm breeze so well, that young stupid guy? I always say you have to go with the times, back then there were outstanding fragrances but most of the fragrances of that time can be forgotten today, too old baked, too muggy, too monotonous. Doesn't mean there were bores back then!
That doesn't mean that there was more creativity back then, nor that there is a lack of creativity today. No. You just have to keep up with the times and Chanel does exactly that. Antaeus is a masterpiece that reflects the 80s. Loose-fitting sports jackets à la Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice, the shirt worn open up to the navel, including a bush of impenetrable black chest hair or just armpit hair à la Nena!

Every year we change ourselves, our habits change what was IN yesterday is OUT again today, and that's exactly how it is with fragrances. An Antaeus has no chance against a Bleu on today's market, nor would Bleu have had any chance against it if it had been published together with Antaeus in 1980.

If you're wondering why today only fresh from the shower is trendy, then look back at that time and look at the herbaceous heavyweights of the 80s.
He may not be perfect but for our time he is.

Btw. While writing this commentary I wore Anateus incredible exceptional perfume but absolutely no longer fits in our time
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Javijabs
Yes, It Has Been Reformulated...
Welcome to Light Bleu de Chanel (Eau Fraîche?)

Shame on Chanel for watering down the glorious Eau de Toilette presentation. Horrible longevity of 4-5 hours. Previously owned/wore 4 x 100ml bottles in 2012 and the recent one I got, batch 0210 (2016-02), is for sure a reformulation of the original (2010-2012)

Shame on you Chanel! Reasons? To favor the sale of the Eau de Parfum version?

Originally, I applied 4-5 sprays and it will last 8-10 hours. With the current one, I need 10-14 sprays to make it last the same amount of time. I guess the idea is to have people buy the most expensive EDP version in favor of the EDT. Complete disappointment to say the least.

6/10

Modern Classic...
So, I am one of the people who didn't like this one from the time it was released. That isn't because I thought that Chanel was being too "mainstream" or whatever. It's because when I first encountered it (mid 2012), it was being worn by an obnoxious person I met who just ruined the whole fragrance for me, saying he wore it to "get women" etc. and I remember him totally over-spraying himself with this from a bottle he carried around in his pocket whilst he was at the club etc.

So, suffice it to say that I avoided this fragrance for a few years... until now, that is.

First I tried the Eau de Parfum because, as far as I know he wasn't wearing that one, and because I like EdP concentrations in general. But lately, I've been wearing the Eau de Toilette as well. Whilst I find the Eau de Parfum different in character, I also like this one as I find it more versatile.

It opens with a very nice grapefruit note which I feel adds such a vitality and brightness to the composition. This is coupled with ginger, followed by vetiver, resins and amber. The other main player here is incense. If I could sum up this then it would be Grapefruit, Ginger, Incense & Amber. I think this is a very flexible scent. One which is laid back and casual (ie a jeans & t-shirt scent) and one which would also work well with a tie and suit. Frankly, I think that Jaques Polge has basically succeeded in hitting all the spots here with Bleu de Chanel. It's not the most amazing or complex or earth-shattering creation out there, but it feels good to wear, and it acts as a man-for-all-seasons kind of scent. If you are new to Chanel, I think this is worth a try.
7.5 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Blue Perfume or Blue Toilette
I had this EDT and i love it. The scent was great and both longevity and Projection were acceptable for a EDT. I recently bought EDP one which is reformulated. Although I think it was not as good as EDT one, i like it. The longevity has been improved, although the projection is less. I think the EDT is cooler and EDP is sweeter. It is wearable for all seasons. I think it is practical for any occasion.
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Deefit
Not so generic at second glance
The first time I tried this on my skin, I guess my skin was too dry, which resulted in a soury and unpleasant smell. Right now I am giving it a second try, and it works a lot better. But, in all honesty I have to say that I am not at all impressed. Sure it is a nice fragrance and looking at the notes, it is different from most mainstream fragrances. When I smell this with my nose close to the skin, I am really unimpressed. It's not very unique and maybe even a bit generic.

Okay, so that was during the first 15 to 20 minutes. I sprayed some on the back of my hand from a sample given to me by a very friendly SA yesterday. From time to time, a very soft and creamy scent passes my nostrils. Could it be? Could this be the real Blue? The scent I found so hyped and actually dismissed at the first try thinking it was yet another generic fragrance? I put my hand closer to my nose and the closer it gets, the more clearly I pick it up. When brought too close, it again smells a bit dense but not interesting at all. But the sillage, it is wonderful. There is something very pleasing about this. It's not loud, but it projects pretty nicely. It has an enigmatic and characteristic smell. Not at all generic like I thought when I smelled the opening.

I used to find this fragrance overhyped and not special at all. Until somebody suggested that it works a lot better when applied on skin. And indeed it does.

Call me crazy, but I am picking up a very slight similarity to Guerlain Homme. Probably some accord they have in common. Not at all impossible I suppose, considering the several notes they have in common.

After two hours however, I am dissapointed at how soft this has become.. Too bad, because I really liked the scent about 30 minutes in. But it has changed.

All-seasons citrus scent
Chanel classifies this as a woody aromatic, but it's more like a spicy citrus (on a woody base). A citrus you can wear all year round, which I believe is quite rare. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

When you spray it on, you get hit hard by the grapefruit and lemon. After a while the other notes come out to play, but the citrusy vibe stays dominant throughout. I'm not 100% sure of those other notes that I'm getting, but I THINK it's incense, ginger and pink pepper, with the sandelwood as a base.

To me this is an office scent mostly, but it's perfectly fine to be used for casual wear as well.

People might say it's generic, but I prefer it over other popular citruses I've tried (Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey). They just smell like boring lemon. Bleu does not, which instantly makes it better for me.
3.0/10

bleu de chanel
is this from the big luxury house called chanel ? I JUST can't believe that ,or maybe the ones in chanel who gaves the benefits for the launch of this horrible stuff were completely drunk that day ' ? this is an offensive toilet deodorant called perfume , i would have prefer the launch of vintage antaeus or egoiste these were real masterpiece , hope asap they will give something decent for masculine market

Millander 26 days ago
This is the freshest from the free version. Best in summer.
Carlitos01 93 days ago
The original EdT "blue" fragrance still rocks, although I prefer the EdP version. Fresh, citrusy and woody enough for blue fragrance lovers.+3
JoaoMartins 17 months ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated+1
2.0
DavidBraz 17 months ago
Very safe and great smelling casual and office scent. All year round
Elysium 3 years ago
OK, I've changed my mind. I've tested once more and its citrus-spicy-smoky vibe seduced me. I'm wearing it and cannot take my nose off of it+1
9.0
9.0
PMRP12 3 years ago
When I need to portray confidence and professionalism. Bright, spicy, woody, and incense. Immensely versatile: all seasons and occasions.+2
10.0

by MightyMike
by MightyMike
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
fifty shades of bleu - featuring bleu de chanel
by L0wk1ck
by Toreter
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Chanel

Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 Poudré by Chanel