Bleu de Chanel (2010)Eau de Toilette

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Vetiver, Citrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruit, Labdanum, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.08.2020.

Even after 10 years always good
Even after 10 years Bleu de Chanel is still well received. Simply suitable for every occasion. Simple, elegant and not pushy.
The durability could be a little better in my opinion. I think in 10 years you will still be well dressed with this scent DNA May not be missing in any collection. Suitable from young to old
Bleu de Chanel - Elegant classic
I waited a long time to order a sample of that perfume. Chanel's always been into fashion and perfume. Classic, clean, sophisticated, sophisticated but never ostentatious. Yet always up to date. Bleu de Chanel is clearly trimmed for class and elegance. No real rough edges but still a certain refinement. For me not as announced a purely fresh and citric fragrance. For me that is for example Acqua Viva or Note du Yuzu. Here there is rather a well-composed scent from fresh, warm to woody and soft.
At the beginning a very balanced fresh but also fruity start. Rather the orange that dominates fruity and fresh. Shortly the reminiscence of grapefruit. But there is a note that I cannot describe but smells very exciting. It loses itself after the first hour...but the fragrance quickly becomes more substantial. Less fresh but rather fruity and woody. Vetiver and cedar are recognizable. After two hours the scent is even too warm-sweet for me. Not in an unpleasant way. Overall it remains very balanced. Now I am a friend of really crisp citric scents with lemon, grapefruit and yuzu. So I like it to get warm, soft and sweet quickly. But this is also an exercise for me to expand my scent horizon. Shelf life and silage are not very strong for me either. But as the classic, noble and valuable appearance of Chanel perfumes is always recognizable by the bottle, this perfume is also a very good representative of its kind. Classic and noble and for many occasions.
Crysiscore
My first bottle and unfortunately also my first disappointment.
I have only been seriously involved with perfume for half a year, and Bleu de Chanel was one of the first to catch my eye through various recommendations.

In the perfumery, I made the typical beginner mistake and let myself be impressed by the top note, by things like durability, or silage, I didn't know much at that time.

After a few days of use, I noticed how entertaining the scent is, neither I nor others could smell it for more than an hour, which I find disappointing in the 100€ class.

I found the fragrance itself really very pleasant and extremely suitable for everyday use, but unfortunately the shelf life destroyed the impression to such an extent that I passed the still almost full bottle on directly.

If my research is correct, the EDT variant was probably reformulated and the batch I bought was probably one of them. Or maybe I was just unlucky and it didn't harmonize well with my skin.

But since even fragrances like Dior Homme Cologne are easily perceptible for 3-5 hours, I rather assume the former.

Ante Sauvage
In 2010 from the nose of the refined Polge born from the French boutique the Bleu line, is a change, for good in evil, the path of perfumery.From this, the perfumeries were concentrated on bublegum perfumes, fragrant, gourmand, having a good success ( see 1 million). It opens with a very citric and pungent accord, also thanks to the pink pepper, quite generic opening and to say the truth also a little fasty on the nose, which then evolve into a more interesting phase, ginger, tame cedar (all chemical course) everything accompanied and wrapped by norlimbanol, a chemical that makes the scent very woody. To put (or not to?) in all seasons, on all occasions. Formal, elegant, clean, but little chanel, little WOW effect. I must say that with the scorching heat I recommend it less, with the lower temperatures known more the intermediate phase of the perfume, the one I prefer.
Stillage good and excellent persistence, even if, after three hours on the skin you only have the iso and super, too little to consider an excellent fragrance. I do not have it with the perfume itself but with all or almost the modern perfumery that among the high costs has flattened everything. This chanel, however, is distinguished from others, say the least worst, but in comparison to egoiste antaeus, this is light years away. Egoiste is gold .. this is simply blue!

vote 8.5

HURTS MY NOSE
Nothing much to say for BDC, I don't mind the scent. I would have worn it more often but I found something so sharp in this that it hurts my nose and gives me a headache.

Eventually, I gave it away to a friend.
Seahawk12s
I used to be the non-plus ultra...
But since I have become more involved with fragrances, I have also realized that there are better and higher quality things available. Unfortunately the EDT does not last very long, but the freshness is still very great. For 20-30 year olds wonderful and still a sure compliment getter, but since I am 31 now I will probably dare to try the perfume :-D with the hope of a newer adult fragrance

Good fresh allrounder..
Tested this on a paper strip some years ago and remember loving it.
So having had the 2010 batch with great sillage and longevity should make me extremely pleased.
It may be slightly generic, but at the same time it's fresh, clean and versatile indeed.

Thing is, I love the grape lemon ginger vetiver patchouli mix this classy scent radiates - but at the same time SOMETHING is making this EdT cloying for me - and I can't tell what it is. My best guess would be the incense or the pink pepper, but it's hard to tell, could be the sum of all the mixed elements.
To be quite honest (and I know I may be bashed for this), I actually prefer Kenneth Coles Black to this, as I get a very similar vibe but without that cloying something - and at a fraction of the price.

By the way, having worn this for more than a year I've never had a single compliment on this - so much for a compliment grabber...
Fengaraki
The most elegant sneaker in the world
Among all the spicy, sporty men's fragrances of the recent past, "Bleu de Chanel" is by far the most refined - and it is precisely this refinement that is its cardinal flaw. Yes, the hardly isolatable lemony, woody and spicy aspects of the fragrance combine to form a harmonious whole. However, the bridge between high-minded concept and profane object fails - the most elegant sneaker in the world does not match the tailcoat or the jogging suit.

While the related "Cool Water" radiates uncouth joie de vivre, "Bleu" freezes in sophisticated banality. This time, chiselled refinement leads to an aesthetic impasse and the fragrance becomes a monument to the hubris of a leading perfume house that believes it can replace intellectual originality with technical perfection.
Noble restraint
Bleu De Chanel and Chanel allure homme sport smell very similar at the beginning, very citrusy and spicy.
While Allure homme sport continues with, I suspect, oranges and mandarins (?), Bleu de Chanel adds a peppery note and grapefruit.
It looks particularly noble when you see cedar, ginger and sandalwood.
For me, one of the best fragrance compositions together with Allure, in the end everything comes together to form an incredibly noble but reserved overall picture.
That is the great thing about this fragrance, it is always present and very high quality, but doesn't get on anyone's nerves. He is a gentleman for the nostrils, he opens the door for you and behaves well, but under no circumstances does he want to be in the foreground. He does all this all year round, even when he is cold or hot
Morrissey
Universal or universal (Latin "comprehensive, comprehensive, worldwide")
Pretty positive, I think, or ?

Bleu de Chanel EDT is my signature fragrance because it is universal. This sounds sober and not very emotional, but hits the nail on the head !

After many years, in which I did not miss anything with only 1.5 fragrances, I lost my way on this website. An interesting odyssey began. After countless perfumery visits, deception and bottling, I have become acquainted with many facets of current fragrance compositions.

Most of them were very interesting, but not suitable for everyday use. Oud, smoke, animal, mulled wine, lemon sorbet, urine, moor etc. - not for me. It took me a while to find a fragrance that I liked and that can be used not only in very selected situations and moods.

When I go out of the house I don't look at the air pressure, humidity, temperature, moon phase or if there is any pollen in the air. I also do not want to analyse my prevailing mood before I choose a fragrance. I want a fragrance that (almost) always fits.

Ok, with an armada of niche fragrances I could perhaps increase my dopamine output by 5-10 percent in a few situations, but I don't need to.

My impression of the scent:

Bleu opens with mint and a yuzu-like citrus note with a touch of violet carried by pepper. There is a warm counterbalance of nutmeg and other notes that I do not recognize exactly. Vetiver, grapefruit and cedar get the heart going,
This is quite conventional, but produces a very nice cool freshness. The grapefruit and cedar mate with a woody ozone-rich aura. The base becomes warmer, with patchouli, a very small synthetic ? Incense notes, followed by sandalwood and the ambroxan base that so often gets criticized.

I like this course very much.

That's all I need at the moment :-)

GreMuserGreMuser 11 days ago
Luxurious shower gel, very versatile but literally everyone knows it/has it, it's safe but not outstanding anymore.
Dan81Dan81 76 days ago
Grapefruit Tea for the stylish gentleman in a suit. I love the delicate balance between the scents but it always feel faint. Must try EDP/P
MillanderMillander 6 months ago
This is the freshest from the free version. Best in summer.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
The original EdT "blue" fragrance still rocks, although I prefer the EdP version. Fresh, citrusy and woody enough for blue fragrance lovers.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
DavidBrazDavidBraz 23 months ago
Very safe and great smelling casual and office scent. All year round
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
OK, I've changed my mind. I've tested once more and its citrus-spicy-smoky vibe seduced me. I'm wearing it and cannot take my nose off of it
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
When I need to portray confidence and professionalism. Bright, spicy, woody, and incense. Immensely versatile: all seasons and occasions.

by gamma
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
a saubernes blau...
by NuiWhakakore
fifty shades of bleu - featuring bleu de chanel
by L0wk1ck
by Toreter
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel 31 Rue Cambon (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel