Bleu de Chanel 2010Eau de Toilette

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Vetiver, Citrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruit, Labdanum, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.10.2020.

Injustice? I guess so!
I will begin by saying that I do not consider Bleu de Chanel worthy of all the negative and indifferent criticisms. Before buying, I tested it a few times and found it to be superior to some other popular colonies.

Although smell is a matter of personal taste, it is not at all boring or generic. For me it is very refreshing and layered. There is a rich creamy quality to it. It starts citrus. A little green and minty, but it gives way to fresh and fresh woods. You will miss it if you are just experimenting, you need to use it!

It has proven to be long lasting on my skin even in hot temperatures, so it will be great for spring and summer (day and night). I used it at work, and everyone keeps asking "what is this fragrance!?". Everything about the Bleu de Chanel is a winner. The deep and complex perfume, as well as the bottle (the magnetic cap is incredible). I can see where it might sound like "boring" and or "generic" at first, but it's anything but. It requires to be used on the skin to be fully experienced.

I had high expectations for this one, and I am not disappointed or disappointed in the least. Bleu de Chanel has not exhausted, but has introduced a new and excellent fragrance worthy of the lineage. I at least love it and recommend it.

Suggestion:
Pick it up. Hold the bottle up to the light and look at it. Apply 5 sprays around the neck. Let the cover fit by itself. Enjoy it.
Letter to an ex-girlfriend
Hello, Chanel, you lover. I remember a time when you and I were a couple. You used to walk me through the day. You were always with me, and you'd cuddle me up every chance you got. You and I were one. I enjoyed your unobtrusive freshness, your slightly aquatic charm and your gentle depth. With you, I could be seen and smelled everywhere. And then what? You became a habit, the things I liked about you got lost in the randomness of everyday life. One day I left you for another. Cartier Declaration was her name. As in every beginning, there was a spell at the beginning, but this too faded and the passion died out. Yes, what came next? I do not remember, but I remember the moment that introduced me to a new world, the moment that changed everything. It was my first encounter with Oud Wood. From that moment on, nothing was the same. My curiosity grew to infinity and I became part of a game. I could no longer be faithful. I became a hunter. Many I enjoyed since then. Many only for a few hours just to test them and some were allowed to stay. I had so many: exotic, sporty, elegant, ordinary, popular, classic and your sisters. Yes, at this point I have to admit that they are also beautiful, but neither of them has the refreshing lightness of you. Then a few days ago, when I was once again looking for a little pleasure, I found a little of you, loveless among others, a few drops, a tester, just enough to feel and smell you again.
I suppose you're wondering why I'm writing you all this? The answer is simple: I want you back! Not forever and not like before. I want you for a few hours, for a good opportunity, not for every day, no routine, just when we feel like it, then I want to know you are there and who knows, maybe it will be more..
Even after 10 years always good
Even after 10 years Bleu de Chanel is still well received. Simply suitable for every occasion. Simple, elegant and not pushy.
The durability could be a little better in my opinion. I think in 10 years you will still be well dressed with this scent DNA May not be missing in any collection. Suitable from young to old
Bleu de Chanel - Elegant classic
I waited a long time to order a sample of that perfume. Chanel's always been into fashion and perfume. Classic, clean, sophisticated, sophisticated but never ostentatious. Yet always up to date. Bleu de Chanel is clearly trimmed for class and elegance. No real rough edges but still a certain refinement. For me not as announced a purely fresh and citric fragrance. For me that is for example Acqua Viva or Note du Yuzu. Here there is rather a well-composed scent from fresh, warm to woody and soft.
At the beginning a very balanced fresh but also fruity start. Rather the orange that dominates fruity and fresh. Shortly the reminiscence of grapefruit. But there is a note that I cannot describe but smells very exciting. It loses itself after the first hour...but the fragrance quickly becomes more substantial. Less fresh but rather fruity and woody. Vetiver and cedar are recognizable. After two hours the scent is even too warm-sweet for me. Not in an unpleasant way. Overall it remains very balanced. Now I am a friend of really crisp citric scents with lemon, grapefruit and yuzu. So I like it to get warm, soft and sweet quickly. But this is also an exercise for me to expand my scent horizon. Shelf life and silage are not very strong for me either. But as the classic, noble and valuable appearance of Chanel perfumes is always recognizable by the bottle, this perfume is also a very good representative of its kind. Classic and noble and for many occasions.
Crysiscore
My first bottle and unfortunately also my first disappointment.
I have only been seriously involved with perfume for half a year, and Bleu de Chanel was one of the first to catch my eye through various recommendations.

In the perfumery, I made the typical beginner mistake and let myself be impressed by the top note, by things like durability, or silage, I didn't know much at that time.

After a few days of use, I noticed how entertaining the scent is, neither I nor others could smell it for more than an hour, which I find disappointing in the 100€ class.

I found the fragrance itself really very pleasant and extremely suitable for everyday use, but unfortunately the shelf life destroyed the impression to such an extent that I passed the still almost full bottle on directly.

If my research is correct, the EDT variant was probably reformulated and the batch I bought was probably one of them. Or maybe I was just unlucky and it didn't harmonize well with my skin.

But since even fragrances like Dior Homme Cologne are easily perceptible for 3-5 hours, I rather assume the former.

Ante Sauvage
In 2010 from the nose of the refined Polge born from the French boutique the Bleu line, is a change, for good in evil, the path of perfumery.From this, the perfumeries were concentrated on bublegum perfumes, fragrant, gourmand, having a good success ( see 1 million). It opens with a very citric and pungent accord, also thanks to the pink pepper, quite generic opening and to say the truth also a little fasty on the nose, which then evolve into a more interesting phase, ginger, tame cedar (all chemical course) everything accompanied and wrapped by norlimbanol, a chemical that makes the scent very woody. To put (or not to?) in all seasons, on all occasions. Formal, elegant, clean, but little chanel, little WOW effect. I must say that with the scorching heat I recommend it less, with the lower temperatures known more the intermediate phase of the perfume, the one I prefer.
Stillage good and excellent persistence, even if, after three hours on the skin you only have the iso and super, too little to consider an excellent fragrance. I do not have it with the perfume itself but with all or almost the modern perfumery that among the high costs has flattened everything. This chanel, however, is distinguished from others, say the least worst, but in comparison to egoiste antaeus, this is light years away. Egoiste is gold .. this is simply blue!

vote 8.5

HURTS MY NOSE
Nothing much to say for BDC, I don't mind the scent. I would have worn it more often but I found something so sharp in this that it hurts my nose and gives me a headache.

Eventually, I gave it away to a friend.
Seahawk12s
I used to be the non-plus ultra...
But since I have become more involved with fragrances, I have also realized that there are better and higher quality things available. Unfortunately the EDT does not last very long, but the freshness is still very great. For 20-30 year olds wonderful and still a sure compliment getter, but since I am 31 now I will probably dare to try the perfume :-D with the hope of a newer adult fragrance

Good fresh allrounder..
Tested this on a paper strip some years ago and remember loving it.
So having had the 2010 batch with great sillage and longevity should make me extremely pleased.
It may be slightly generic, but at the same time it's fresh, clean and versatile indeed.

Thing is, I love the grape lemon ginger vetiver patchouli mix this classy scent radiates - but at the same time SOMETHING is making this EdT cloying for me - and I can't tell what it is. My best guess would be the incense or the pink pepper, but it's hard to tell, could be the sum of all the mixed elements.
To be quite honest (and I know I may be bashed for this), I actually prefer Kenneth Coles Black to this, as I get a very similar vibe but without that cloying something - and at a fraction of the price.

By the way, having worn this for more than a year I've never had a single compliment on this - so much for a compliment grabber...
Fengaraki
The most elegant sneaker in the world
Among all the spicy, sporty men's fragrances of the recent past, "Bleu de Chanel" is by far the most refined - and it is precisely this refinement that is its cardinal flaw. Yes, the hardly isolatable lemony, woody and spicy aspects of the fragrance combine to form a harmonious whole. However, the bridge between high-minded concept and profane object fails - the most elegant sneaker in the world does not match the tailcoat or the jogging suit.

While the related "Cool Water" radiates uncouth joie de vivre, "Bleu" freezes in sophisticated banality. This time, chiselled refinement leads to an aesthetic impasse and the fragrance becomes a monument to the hubris of a leading perfume house that believes it can replace intellectual originality with technical perfection.

DemeteraDemetera 6 hours ago
BLUE, but not only its name. Imagine a guy with a suit. Not the masculine one in black, but the cool guy in blue suit. This is how he smells
EsojoEsojo 16 days ago
0.5
EdT, EdP or Parfum, all the same for me. Devoid of character. A cold and sad abomination.
GreMuserGreMuser 98 days ago
Luxurious shower gel, very versatile but literally everyone knows it/has it, it's safe but not outstanding anymore.
Dan81Dan81 162 days ago
Grapefruit Tea for the stylish gentleman in a suit. I love the delicate balance between the scents but it always feel faint. Must try EDP/P
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
This is the freshest from the free version. Best in summer.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
The original EdT "blue" fragrance still rocks, although I prefer the EdP version. Fresh, citrusy and woody enough for blue fragrance lovers.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Very safe and great smelling casual and office scent. All year round
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
OK, I've changed my mind. I've tested once more and its citrus-spicy-smoky vibe seduced me. I'm wearing it and cannot take my nose off of it
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
When I need to portray confidence and professionalism. Bright, spicy, woody, and incense. Immensely versatile: all seasons and occasions.

by gamma
by Safyras
by Safyras
by PuchyBlack
by PuchyBlack
fifty shades of bleu - featuring bleu de chanel
by L0wk1ck
by Toreter
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel