Bleu de Chanel 2010 Eau de Toilette

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Vetiver, Citrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruit, Labdanum, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.05.2021.

MrLimuzin
The feeling of blue (depression)
I've tried sampling this one on test strips, tried wearing it, tried wrapping my head around what it is that people love so much about it.

I'll never understand the hype for this one. Not once in my life have I ever been drawn to it. It's so generic, lacking any personality and so uninspiring. Makes me think of a soulless hospital room or whatever, where the food served to you is so bland and horrible but its purpose is merely to keep you alive, not taste good.

Bleu de Chanel is soulless, it's sterile, it's generic & uninspiring
Sigginator06
The fall of the blue giant?
Since various comments have already been dedicated to the fragrance, I make here a small decision aid based on the most important properties.
My opinion after about 10ml test!

Opening: Loud grapefruit. Pungent citrusy character. About 80-90%.
In the background, woods and incense try to create at least some depth.
Category shower gel.

Drydown: starts after 1 hour. Pungent grapefruit gradually recedes, but remains dominant. Woods and incense penetrate more to the surface.
Pleasing and harmonious it becomes for me only from about 2 hours.

Season: No restrictions.

Durability: 6-8 hours.

Sillage: Well present for 2 hours, then skin tight.

Age and type: any age, any type.

Season: no restrictions.

Location: Anywhere.

Compliments: very easy to like wg associations with freshly showered. No fragrance notes contained, which are special outliers. Should be well received accordingly.

Price / performance: Goes so. Competition is very large and often cheaper (bspw. Versace Dylan Blue or Dior Sauvage).

-----> Buy recommendation

Yes: For fragrance beginners and men who do not want to stand out in everyday life and want to go safely. In the office certainly not a bad candidate.

No: For all who can not do anything with a strong citric and prefer fragrances with more character.

Personal opinion: Bleu de Chanel EdT is not a bad fragrance. However, the grapefruit is too strong for me and the notes that give the fragrance its depth (i.e. woods and incense) only come into their own after a long wait. Emotions he awakens just as hardly.
The competition is great. From the own house one drives with the EdP version better. Other brands (Dior, Versace, Armani) also offer alternatives that are cheaper and / or more individuality in themselves.
Would I buy it again? Probably not.

MirzAsim
Incredible ONE of the BEST!
What can I say? The best and most copied blue fragrance out there, the original so to speak. I think the EDT is the perfect concentration because the sparkling grapefruit and ginger top note combination has the perfect amount of sweet, mouthwatering juiciness, but also a rough and manly sexiness. The woody, smoky, aromatic dry down is just amazing, and Chanel’s quality is unmatched, not only for this price. One of the most natural and impressively long-lasting (especially for an EDT) fragrances money can buy. This always reminds me of a dear friend of mine who used to wear this as his signature scent: well dressed, sporty, and manly, but also incredibly mass appealing and fresh.

Buy Bleu de Chanel and you will not be disappointed.
Heldenvater
Smile at the touch of a button
Over the course of the last year, my collection has grown in size and cost - statements and comments became samples, samples became bottles, and these joined the others piece by piece.

Am I done? Rather not.

But what I have found is that I keep reaching for the perfumes that do something to me, that put me in a certain mood, that make me happy - and Bleu de Chanel is such a perfume.

There are more exclusive ones, there are higher quality, more expensive and better ones, yes, yes, yes and YES.

But when it gets warmer outside and I need a good feeling, I like to reach for this scent often.

The start is fresh, strong and spicy due to the grapefruit and the woody undertones - a kick start to the day!

In the course, it quickly softens, while the pleasant freshness remains - the fragrance gains in substance and depth.

With a solid durability and a good radiance, he accompanies me almost through the whole workday - and even in the evening he is still perceptible on me.

Bleu de Chanel is a small phenomenon for me - an everyday happiness maker, which has not let itself get down over the last decade - and that despite younger and qualitatively higher-quality competition.

As often as I wear it, I'm fine - that's why it will probably be able to maintain its place in my collection permanently
MrMagic
The good smell of the masses.
Admittedly, uniform mush a la shower gel scent does not smell unpleasant, but just not good. Especially not if it must be spent proper money..
Bleu de Chanel stands out from this somewhat, I find.
When I smelled the fragrance years ago the first time at the turquoise, I found him immediately stand out. Somehow more than a normal shower gel fragrance, something fruity stands out - but just not only the citrus. That the grapefruit should be in addition, I noticed only when I took a look at the fragrance pyramid.
Anyway, I really like the grapefruit, although the scent notes in the background and further on again seem so synthetic to me that they effectively slow down the potential of this fragrance. The longevity is better than I remembered, as the scent is perceptible on the skin for about 7h. With generous application, I may be allowed to get out a little more durability.
The sillage is unfortunately bad. If you should not bathe in the fragrance, no one will be able to perceive the scent in the environment particularly, unless the person sticks with the nose to the skin.
For the price I feel that as a waste of money, because the perfume does not fulfill its purpose.
Too generously one should not apply the fragrance as well, because it projects for my feeling although for a short time significantly more, but the synthetic notes in the background push so much into the foreground that the great grapefruit as well as the citrus note are destroyed. What's the reason for that? I don't know, but I can't recommend the edT with this. I will test again the edP and hope that the durability, but especially the sillage improve.
The Flacon I feel by the way as top! Angular, minimalist, simple and yet elegant.
From Chanel, however, one knows better....
Perplexity
This fragrance leaves me perplexed. At times it smells like a good men's fragrance and minutes later like cheapest men's shower gel in the communal shower at a campsite. I wonder if a Davidoff Cool Water wouldn't have done the same job, BDC is quite an aquat after all. And this is supposed to be the executive scent for Rolf wearers? I don't believe it. And pay so much money for it? I don't think so. Unless I fall in love with it after the 20th test after all.
Yayayaya94
For me clearly inferior to the EDP
I have a batch from 2019

Fragrance perception: I perceive in the top note immediately the one sparkling citrus freshness. The other notes such as grapefruit or ginger are absolutely not perceptible to me. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes woodier and spicier for me. The woody note seems high-quality, the spicy disturbs me, however, more.

The EDT is a good scent, but there is something about the scent that bothers me. Maybe it's the scent on my skin, but I notice a pungent spiciness in the nose throughout, possibly due to the pepper. However, there is also something playful and youthful about it. To my mind, it's not necessarily an office scent as so often described, but much more of a holiday or everyday scent for the younger generation that fits well in school, university or leisure.
The problem with the pungent spice I have with the similar smelling Dior Sauvage absolutely not, so I would rather reach for this price.

The EDP, on the other hand, is smooth, gentler and there is no spice bothering, but it seems woody fresh noble, so it is a top office fragrance and works best elegantly dressed.

In terms of durability and sillage, both are similar. Solid 4-5 hours, the scent is generally well perceivable at me without having to re-spray, if I spray 3-4 times.

Conclusion: Can you do, but you do not have to!
4.5
Unfortunately very disappointed :(
I ordered the fragrance the day before yesterday and it arrived today already with me. My first signature fragrance was Allure Homme Sport. This is still my absolute favorite fragrance! The BDC I had never smelled before and that is unfortunately not possible at the moment... Due to many recommendations and good reviews I thought, I buy the BDC now times blindly. I was so thrilled by Allure, since Bleu will already "taste" to me.

I was very excited when the fragrance arrived and immediately unwrapped it to test it right away.... two sprays on my shirt and two on my forearm. Smell? No smell at all. The scent was almost imperceptible right after spraying it on - neither on my skin, nor on my shirt. Okay... maybe this will develop. The top note is not that important to me anyway.... half an hour to an hour later the heart note came to the fore.... I thought... but nothing. Now after about 4 hours I can still perceive nothing (no, it is not a Fakeduft - I ordered from the largest / best-known perfume supplier).

I also checked the batch code with the result: January 2021 ? unfortunately, I can not judge whether the fragrance smelled different in the past, but still thought about whether there might be something reformulated wuede. After all, I find it hard to imagine that this tap water would go down so well with most people. Does it perhaps happen that fragrances are forgotten in certain batches or something goes wrong without the producers checking? I think I was really very unlucky and received a faulty batch.

Now about the fragrance:

Top note:
Tap water with a squeeze of lemon.

Heart notes:
0815 men's shower gel that you can still perceive very slightly on the skin after showering.

Base note:
See heart note.

Group thinking
Groupthink: a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome.

This is what happened when, all of a sudden, people starting trashing this beautiful perfume, for absolutely no reason.

Its clean, fresh, sophisticated enough for a blue scent and has solid staying power.

What's there to dislike? People who dont like freshness, wash their hands with oud instead of soap I assume.

Dont fall into the pitfalls of groupthink.
My current favorite fragrance
Who likes fresh fragrances is hereby well served.

The m.E. best blue fragrance and the absolute all-purpose weapon.

Works for any occasion and any season. If it should be only one perfume, then this is probably the best next to Prada L'Homme.

MrLimuzinMrLimuzin 7 days ago
I wish the formula for this would have taken a long walk down a short plank into shark infested waters before BDC ever came to fruition
Jeff07Jeff07 2 months ago
The best blue fragrance, i love the EDT more then the others version its very fresh and project better.
JayNayJayNay 2 months ago
I’m just not very fond of Bleu de Chanel. Perhaps the EDP is better but the EDT doesn’t do a lot for me. Smells kinda synthetic.
DemeteraDemetera 6 months ago
BLUE, but not only its name. Imagine a guy with a suit. Not the masculine one in black, but the cool guy in blue suit. This is how he smells
EsojoEsojo 7 months ago
0.5
EdT, EdP or Parfum, all the same for me. Devoid of character. A cold and sad abomination.
GreMuserGreMuser 10 months ago
Luxurious shower gel, very versatile but literally everyone knows it/has it, it's safe but not outstanding anymore.
Dan81Dan81 12 months ago
Grapefruit Tea for the stylish gentleman in a suit. I love the delicate balance between the scents but it always feel faint. Must try EDP/P
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
This is the freshest from the free version. Best in summer.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
The original EdT "blue" fragrance still rocks, although I prefer the EdP version. Fresh, citrusy and woody enough for blue fragrance lovers.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated

Real Cool Waters
by Safyras
by Safyras
by PuchyBlack
by PuchyBlack
fifty shades of bleu - featuring bleu de chanel
by L0wk1ck
by Blackslash
by Bruden
by Bruden

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel