Bleu de Chanel 2010 Eau de Toilette

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper VetiverVetiver Citrus notesCitrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit LabdanumLabdanum CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesGingerGinger SandalwoodSandalwood FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.05.2022.

Try it than buy it !!!
You can say what you want but I know few so beautiful scents like Bleu. I mean yes I admit I have not smelled extremely many things but the will probably always remain a top fragrance for me. On days where I'm not doing so well, he often manages to improve even my mood.

First impression:
It is difficult to remember the first impression because it is now but over three years ago. At that time was Sauvage my Signature and there I was of Bleu not at all so enthusiastically, as I got him as a gift. He was for me simply a rounder variant of Sauvage. But over time that has changed a lot. Sauvage I can no longer smell and the Bleu I continue to love.

What I perceive:
So in the opening come almost only citrus notes, which remind me in the first seconds even to toilet stone. Fortunately, this settles very quickly and remains pepper and grapefruit, which slowly but surely get a very creamy, woody character. The durability is also above average for a Blue Fragrance however, he is by no means a bomb.

My environment:
I think I have for hardly a fragrance as many compliments as for this. Even if I always say that compliments are not important to me, one is always happy about it.

Would I recommend him/buy again?
Yes, Yes, Yes. It is for me the best Designer Blue Fragrance I have tried so far. For mature people, I can definitely recommend the perfume version. For those under 20, I would definitely go for the Eau de Toilette. Is also still a nice gift. Have myself at the time sher pleased.
And the winner is: EDT vs. Eau de Parfum vs. Parfum
In search of noble, woody fragrances I also stumbled across the Bleu de Chanel series, which have as a dominant component a mix of sandalwood (warm, slightly almond-like smell) and cedar (dark, slightly spicy). But which fragrance suits you and your intentions best? I will try to answer this question with a self-test. Have fun reading!

Fragrance EDT (7/10) // Eau de Parfum (9/10) // Perfume (8/10):
The champ in the opening is clearly for me the EDT. This is by the grapefruit and the citrus notes simply the first half hour very fresh, but then loses momentum and becomes very quickly only woody and I perceive then almost exclusively only the wood and no more fresh. The perfume, on the other hand, is less fresh but woodier and more mysterious from the start. Keeps but strangely longer the freshness, as the EDT (for my nose) ie here you get even after several hours a mix of freshness and wood, which I find very nice.
The all-rounder is for me the *Eau de Parfum* which finds just the right mix of freshness and wood and maintains that until the very end. The winner!

SILLAGE EDT (6/10) // Eau de Parfum (7/10) // Parfum (5/10):
None of the blues are really projection beasts, but the Eau de Parfum is clearly ahead of the pack and just seems to have more potency than its counterparts. The EDT is quite ok in the opening, but quickly loses power by the pure woodiness - the perfume has too much woodiness and is therefore right from the start quite close to the body. Winner is the Eau de Parfum!

DURABILITY EDT (6/10) // Eau de Parfum (8/10) // Parfum (6/10):
The EDT is with me on the skin about 4-6 hours well perceptible as well as similar to the perfume. The Eau de Parfum is also here the clear winner with about 7-8 h. It seems as if the balanced freshness would carry the wood longer or mutually conditioned.

To the CONCLUSION - which one fragrance do I recommend to you and why?
Generally, all three fragrances retain for me the similar DNA from the mix freshness & wood. My impression is that here simply between the flankers the single components were increased or decreased. The most versatile scent of all for me is clearly the Eau de Parfum - as it is simply the most versatile (any season & occasion), had the best sillage and durability in the test. There can be only one OR?

P.S.: If you enjoyed this review, of course I'd be happy to receive a trophy and/or a *helpful*. Thank you!
The first fragrance
Bleu de Chanel...

My first real fragrance that I bought (cheap (youth) fragrances like Bruno Banani I do not count).
Previously, I looked around in a large department store chain for a suitable perfume.
After a few smells, I suddenly came across Bleu De Chanel. First I tested this fragrance on a test strip. The result: I was blown away by this fragrance. This fresh and the almost dominant grapefruit smashed my head.
THE NAME IS HERE PROGRAM.
After I liked this fragrance I tested it - before I bought it - on my skin and let it work on me for a few hours.
Despite the somewhat weak durability - as I found out later - I bought this fragrance full of anticipation.
I wore this fragrance at parties but especially in everyday life and he was always well received. He is not intrusive and fits the summer.
When I got the tip one day to put this fragrance in the refrigerator, I did so and the scent was more refreshing and it smelled even fresher and better, especially on hot days, which we are now accustomed to in recent years in Germany.
But after many months, this love for the fragrance was nearing the end on the other hand.
Bleu De Chanel is unfortunately nowadays nothing special, but is worn by many, but also loved by many. Especially by women.

Even though he is my first real fragrance, I now have enough of him. We have lived apart. He's become boring.
Perfumes come, perfumes go, perfumes stay.
I have to say goodbye to this one. Until in possibly a few years, but with the EDP.
Leprince069
Rightly a very popular fragrance
One must take at this point in advance that the fragrance is now of course also very prominent for a while. I am by far no expert, but just hobby lover and must say: If someone really does not want to have many fragrances, a really very good choice would like to make and a fragrance for so really every purpose would like to have - in which he is looked at no time crooked - he should access here in any case. The fragrance is Chanel classic adult and masculine, at the same time with a healthy breeze of sex appeal plus elegance. A great everyday fragrance that scores at any time and in any job. It doesn't clash and is stylish. Unfortunately, for my taste, it is now too prevalent and no longer suitable for people who "care more about their fragrance" than the average citizen. One smells it now unfortunately really very often. It might be one of the most widespread all-rounder fragrances with Dior Sauvage. In comparison, it's a tad more grown up and not quite as dynamically modern. If you buy it - take the Eau de Toilette.
Nasenbär18
Cash or charge? Both, if possible
BDC belongs to the "Holy Trinity of Blue". Where the other two Dior Sauvage and YSL Y represent.
However, the blue Chanel is for me the most successful of the 3. He also smells a little less synthetic than the other two and already much spicier. At least in the top note.
Keyword top note, I'm really not a big fan of this pepper cloud that explodes in one's face when spraying on.
I smell initially nothing but pepper. Over time, slightly sweet, citrus notes develop.
The grapefruit is very present, which is good for the fragrance.
On drydown, I smell largely incense.
Bleu de Chanel resembles a royal blue fish surrounded by navy blue fish.
It has its own character, but this one resembles all the other characters.

The longevity and sillage here is already decent. Sprayed in the morning, you smell him in the afternoon still very good.

A solid shower gel-like fragrance for the rather ordinary fragrance experience. For what he offers he is too expensive for me

MrLimuzin
The feeling of blue (depression)
I've tried sampling this one on test strips, tried wearing it, tried wrapping my head around what it is that people love so much about it.

I'll never understand the hype for this one. Not once in my life have I ever been drawn to it. It's so generic, lacking any personality and so uninspiring. Makes me think of a soulless hospital room or whatever, where the food served to you is so bland and horrible but its purpose is merely to keep you alive, not taste good.

Bleu de Chanel is soulless, it's sterile, it's generic & uninspiring
Sigginator06
The fall of the blue giant?
Since various comments have already been dedicated to the fragrance, I make here a small decision aid based on the most important properties.
My opinion after about 10ml test!

Opening: Loud grapefruit. Pungent citrusy character. About 80-90%.
In the background, woods and incense try to create at least some depth.
Category shower gel.

Drydown: starts after 1 hour. Pungent grapefruit gradually recedes, but remains dominant. Woods and incense penetrate more to the surface.
Pleasing and harmonious it becomes for me only from about 2 hours.

Season: No restrictions.

Durability: 6-8 hours.

Sillage: Well present for 2 hours, then skin tight.

Age and type: any age, any type.

Season: no restrictions.

Location: Anywhere.

Compliments: very easy to like wg associations with freshly showered. No fragrance notes contained, which are special outliers. Should be well received accordingly.

Price / performance: Goes so. Competition is very large and often cheaper (bspw. Versace Dylan Blue or Dior Sauvage).

-----> Buy recommendation

Yes: For fragrance beginners and men who do not want to stand out in everyday life and want to go safely. In the office certainly not a bad candidate.

No: For all who can not do anything with a strong citric and prefer fragrances with more character.

Personal opinion: Bleu de Chanel EdT is not a bad fragrance. However, the grapefruit is too strong for me and the notes that give the fragrance its depth (i.e. woods and incense) only come into their own after a long wait. Emotions he awakens just as hardly.
The competition is great. From the own house one drives with the EdP version better. Other brands (Dior, Versace, Armani) also offer alternatives that are cheaper and / or more individuality in themselves.
Would I buy it again? Probably not.

MirzAsim
Incredible ONE of the BEST!
What can I say? The best and most copied blue fragrance out there, the original so to speak. I think the EDT is the perfect concentration because the sparkling grapefruit and ginger top note combination has the perfect amount of sweet, mouthwatering juiciness, but also a rough and manly sexiness. The woody, smoky, aromatic dry down is just amazing, and Chanel’s quality is unmatched, not only for this price. One of the most natural and impressively long-lasting (especially for an EDT) fragrances money can buy. This always reminds me of a dear friend of mine who used to wear this as his signature scent: well dressed, sporty, and manly, but also incredibly mass appealing and fresh.

Buy Bleu de Chanel and you will not be disappointed.
Heldenvater
Smile at the touch of a button
Over the course of the last year, my collection has grown in size and cost - statements and comments became samples, samples became bottles, and these joined the others piece by piece.

Am I done? Rather not.

But what I have found is that I keep reaching for the perfumes that do something to me, that put me in a certain mood, that make me happy - and Bleu de Chanel is such a perfume.

There are more exclusive ones, there are higher quality, more expensive and better ones, yes, yes, yes and YES.

But when it gets warmer outside and I need a good feeling, I like to reach for this scent often.

The start is fresh, strong and spicy due to the grapefruit and the woody undertones - a kick start to the day!

In the course, it quickly softens, while the pleasant freshness remains - the fragrance gains in substance and depth.

With a solid durability and a good radiance, he accompanies me almost through the whole workday - and even in the evening he is still perceptible on me.

Bleu de Chanel is a small phenomenon for me - an everyday happiness maker, which has not let itself get down over the last decade - and that despite younger and qualitatively higher-quality competition.

As often as I wear it, I'm fine - that's why it will probably be able to maintain its place in my collection permanently
MrMagic
The good smell of the masses.
Admittedly, uniform mush a la shower gel scent does not smell unpleasant, but just not good. Especially not if it must be spent proper money..
Bleu de Chanel stands out from this somewhat, I find.
When I smelled the fragrance years ago the first time at the turquoise, I found him immediately stand out. Somehow more than a normal shower gel fragrance, something fruity stands out - but just not only the citrus. That the grapefruit should be in addition, I noticed only when I took a look at the fragrance pyramid.
Anyway, I really like the grapefruit, although the scent notes in the background and further on again seem so synthetic to me that they effectively slow down the potential of this fragrance. The longevity is better than I remembered, as the scent is perceptible on the skin for about 7h. With generous application, I may be allowed to get out a little more durability.
The sillage is unfortunately bad. If you should not bathe in the fragrance, no one will be able to perceive the scent in the environment particularly, unless the person sticks with the nose to the skin.
For the price I feel that as a waste of money, because the perfume does not fulfill its purpose.
Too generously one should not apply the fragrance as well, because it projects for my feeling although for a short time significantly more, but the synthetic notes in the background push so much into the foreground that the great grapefruit as well as the citrus note are destroyed. What's the reason for that? I don't know, but I can't recommend the edT with this. I will test again the edP and hope that the durability, but especially the sillage improve.
The Flacon I feel by the way as top! Angular, minimalist, simple and yet elegant.
From Chanel, however, one knows better....

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Blue staple. Everywhere and anywhere. One of the more refined blue scents. There is a reason why its still a bestseller
JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Bleu is rightly king of the safe scents, this one is more light and fresh in the line. Won’t blow anyone’s scenes away, but very good.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Nice citrus with woody notes. Fresh, aromatic and well blended. It's a pleasant scent for the masses.
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
Contemporary, indeed. Neutral in its originality, however complex, natural smelling and discreet if compared with others of the kind.
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
It is a fresh, versatile, soft, elegant fragrance, basically consisting of very well worked citrus / incense.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
The citrus, grapefruit and ginger notes are the most evident on my nose. Excellent fragrance for hot wheater! Beau Bleu!
MrLimuzinMrLimuzin 1 year ago
I wish the formula for this would have taken a long walk down a short plank into shark infested waters before BDC ever came to fruition
Jeff07Jeff07 1 year ago
The best blue fragrance, i love the EDT more then the others version its very fresh and project better.
JayNayJayNay 1 year ago
I’m just not very fond of Bleu de Chanel. Perhaps the EDP is better but the EDT doesn’t do a lot for me. Smells kinda synthetic.
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
BLUE, but not only its name. Imagine a guy with a suit. Not the masculine one in black, but the cool guy in blue suit. This is how he smells

Real Cool Waters
by Steffen6390
by Steffen6390
a saubernes blau...
by Cocolinchen
Der Torhüter musste sein ;-) Nur so, zum Spaß !
by Safyras
by Retrotron
by Retrotron
by PuchyBlack
by PuchyBlack
fifty shades of bleu - featuring bleu de chanel
by L0wk1ck
by Blackslash
by Therob24
by Therob24

Popular by Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel