Bleu de Chanel 2014Eau de Parfum

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Jacques Polge

Mandarin orange, Sicilian lemon, Haitian vetiver, Woody notes, Cedar, Vanilla, Venezuelan tonka bean, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.10.2020.

Citric all-rounder
I have long thought about which fragrance I dedicate my first comment. Finally it has become this one.
I have only recently (about 4-5 months) entered the "world of fragrances". Before that I also had 1-2 fragrances, but I had never been interested in them myself.
After I became aware of the topic through Youtube I started to order samples. Among the first 3 samples was this masterpiece.
What can I say? I was blown away. After testing it, I bought a 100ml bottle right away. Afterwards I really wore the fragrance every single day. This is one of the best things about this fragrance: it smells wonderful and is suitable for every situation.

Now for the fragrance:
The prelude is strongly citric, almost pungent. But this fades away quickly and the grapefruit spreads. The fragrance becomes pleasantly sweetish at the base, and ends slightly earthy, woody. Unfortunately, I can't describe the exact notes I perceive yet (but hopefully it will come)
H/S are definitely sufficient. I always apply about 3-4 sprayers in the morning and get through the day without causing headaches or being noticed negatively.

For me, there is only one thing that I don't like 100% about this fragrance, and that has ultimately led to it not remaining my signature: it is very famous and is worn a lot. Of course, this doesn't make the fragrance itself worse, but I have the claim to my personal signature that it smells unique and is not worn by many people. This is of course a personal matter which everyone has to decide for himself.
However, the Bleu de Chanel remains a 10/10 and a masterpiece.

Thanks to those who took the time to read my first comment.
I wish you all a nice day :)
FuegoNero88
The classic for every occasion
This Chanel is almost always perfect...opens freshly lemony with grapefruit and then turns more and more into a pleasant, partly sweet companion for the whole day. In the evening a slightly earthy undertone is waiting for the citric refreshment for the night. The fragrance is never too intrusive or penetrating and gives enough confidenceboost for the daily tasks due to the qualitative ingredients
Eboolas
The adult, faithful companion... ...how I learned to stand firm!
Fragrances? A few years ago I thought of AXE advertising and penetrating chocolate scents of various shower gels, which boldly described themselves as sensual. What was left over when the boys sprayed themselves with deodorants in the changing room after gym class. To be honest, I couldn't do anything with perfume at that time. But one evening - it was a special, personal occasion - I wanted everything to be just right. It was about the "reconquest" of a woman (well, in retrospect it was a wasted effort, but that was certainly not due to the BdC... :-)).

In retrospect I was unsure about myself and was urgently looking for something to hold on to! So I went to the Douglas, shyly unsure. I didn't really know what I wanted and what I was doing there. I was more of a lost fawn that had got confused on a highway, so I experienced the sensory overload. And what shone there on a shelf: Bleu De Chanel. First on a test strip, it had something of the typical idea of an "inconspicuous, masculine but very special scent" - hey, that just smells good, I thought! For me it was more than the classic clean man shower scent, but not too much either. Just what I wanted. Security.

It was just "somehow a lemon scent" but even my naive nose thought, there would be something very special and elegant! Of course, Chanel was a household name to me - an iconic symbol of luxury without being chunky or provocative. Boy, back then, those gold bars in the perfumeries had me confused!

So off with it on the neck, I thought. Just to test. For me, BdC was the gateway drug to a future hobby that I could not afford at that time. Again and again an overwhelming impression flew up my nose, and it was simply an incredibly interesting and complex sensual experience. This is how Bleu De Chanel EDP will remain in my memory. I got to know him during a phase in which I went through some personal changes. That phase was difficult and complicated and sometimes hurtful. I was looking for a firm foothold and Bleu De Chanel was my faithful companion in this process.

In retrospect I would say: BdC is not mine at all. So no fragrance that really suits me. I find the citric notes to a certain extent too heavy and too consistent, as if other components hardly had any room to play. I try it again and again: On the one hand it awakens some memories in me, on the other hand I am desperately looking for a depth I simply cannot find. When it comes to citric everyday scents, I still find Bleu De Chanel EDP very good, it is elegant and looks high-quality. BDC is not a chav, it's a grown-up through and through.

And so Bleu De Chanel was exactly what I needed at that time. An anchor to hold on to. In its consistency, Bleu De Chanel offers stability and support - it allowed me to wear this high-quality fragrance without being too heavy a burden on my own shoulder. And in this consistency, Bleu De Chanel is ingenious and sincere without appearing arrogant. Instead, Bleu De Chanel gave me a secure hold. But today I am looking for the game - distraction, provocation, expressiveness, the playfulness in the game of life... :-)

Laibo
You have to understand, darling...
It's raining, the drops are running down the windows. Outside in the big city, not a soul, except for a few who crowd into passing taxis with their black umbrellas. All grey and black and the bitter smell of rain in the air.
I pack my jacket, it's my fifth fight with her this week... I don't care about the umbrella. I run out and know where she will be standing crying again...the rain is pounding down on me and my clothes, but the town is quiet. I smell the rain, the fresh, the earthy and woody of the few trees, the heavy - so much and yet so little. I ignore the fact that I am immediately soaking wet and run through the empty city.
Breathlessly I look at my destination and there she stands again, on the bridge, at the place where we kissed for the first time. Her tears turn into rain. Her deep blue coat shows the water what it should look like. I walk towards her, the loud rain becomes quieter, the sky darkens and prepares for the evening. "You know I love you. But you must understand me, darling ..
The fragrance must be understood - it is complicated. It is not one that always works. It has spice and depth. It is a sad scent...but to fall in love with and not to let go.
Flame99
That fragrance is a straight 10...
there are many comments written before mine that are more likely to describe the smell better than I do, and I would like to comment on the BDC, be it EDT, EDP or perfume, in that it is the best at what it tries to be and was there first, before anyone else.He's more mature, more elegant and more refined than his competitors, because even in this niche of "blue fragrances", every fragrance has found its customers and target group. you can't stop anyone from rating perfume, and that's exactly why you should treat the fragrance ratings accordingly. the paradox is that this fragrance is a 10 exactly because of the story and the concept behind it, or even a 5.

Just above average
When this first came out I was blown away by the EDP, less so with the edt, definitely above average, but not great.

The EDP is not quite as bright, it’s the smoother of the two, a great office or date frag. It’s conservative but just enough of the right ingredients to push it in the “sexy” category I suppose.

It was my signature fragrance when I was new to the game. I can hardly wear it now, and when I smell it on others, it doesn’t smell that good anymore, especially if oversprayed.

I will graduate next to the Parfum, I was highly impressed with the sample I had.

7 out of 10

Alans
If perfumes had to be politically correct
OK, in two sentences: It's well above average, but that's about it.
There. I said it. I mean I wear it almost every day, and I love it. but I don't know why it's regarded that highly, specially compared to new designs and brave works in the world of fragrances. I think you can say this perfume is that one fine guy in the office who's always politically correct, sharp, on time, polite and always fresh. But come on! The only thing that guy lacks is being interesting. It's impossible to get a unique experience with something that is so polished and popular. It's a perfume that you'd wear if you're too scared to lose a date because of your choice of perfume, but it doesn't necessarily represent your choice or character. It's just popular.
Serious freshness
When you start to deal with fragrances, you inevitably come to the point where you ask yourself for whom you are wearing them. For yourself? Sure. But even then, other people can hardly escape the personal choice. For others? It's going to be difficult because, as we all know, the perception of scent is very individual. It would be like trying to wear other people's favorite color. During the pandemic, I was increasingly in the home office and could wear whatever I wanted (my wife: "Oh man, what are you wearing?"). Now that I'm back in the office, I'm focusing on fragrances that have a good chance of being generally well received, or at least not disturbing. So not pink-gold-green-striped, but blue (nothing against lovers of pink-gold-green-striped!). But I wouldn't wear the scent if I didn't like it very much myself. What a great scent! Citric fresh, but serious and masculine. Friendly, but not too playful. Just great. Similarity to Sauvage? I can understand how it could go in the same direction on a certain level, but Sauvage is so much louder, spicier and more aggressive that I can't understand the comparison in the end. In any case, the areas of application are completely different for me. In my opinion, Bleu is a good choice for the office, but also for dinner, especially during the hot season. If you are not going out with a perfume nerd ;-)

Please forget the prejudices and give the perfume a chance. I have already made a lot of blind purchases and of course I can only recommend not to do this in general. If there is a fragrance where it could go well, then this one, but still. But you should test it in my opinion in any case.
Swagger91
The one that started it all!
What can one write much new about this fragrance that not many and whiter people have already said about it.
I'll be brief with the one with whom everything started well with the blues series of fresh scents.

The flacon is in any case high-quality processed for a designer fragrance. Somehow I like these magnetic closures:D Somehow they also make the bottle look more valuable. But it is also a Chanel.
The fragrance starts with a lemony/fruity opening with a woody finish in the later stages of the fragrance. Shelf life is a good 6-8 hours and Sillage is okay. Not big enough to bother people ;) Great for the office or everyday use. Can be done when you are a little listless and looking for a new scent!

But unfortunately for me it is a bit too boring and because it is used so often, I lose a lot of individuality.

INDIGOSPHINX
Can I say I love the bottle more than the scent?
First of all, I have a strong opinion that BDC has one of the best presentations in the game, niche and designer. That deep shade of cobalt blue with a square bottle. Man, whoever designed this had in mind people are gonna buy this fragrance for years to come.

I used to own the EDT, problem is, it hurts my throat, like it literally give me a sore throat every time I wear it. I don't know what note or ingredient that's causing it but the problem disappeared with the EDP.

What does this smell like? Interestingly, though I never associated BDC with an ambroxan bomb, the ambroxan in this is absoluetly beautiful blended with other notes. The amber note (ambroxan i suppose) actually reminds me of Dior Homme OG a little bit.
After the top note, you nose is highly likely to go insensitive to this fragrance, thus giving this fragrance a bad rap for being a poor performer. IMO ,it's quite beast mode in terms of longevity and sillage. However, I cannot smell myself as well as Chanel's AHS or PM edp. I figure, it's probably the ambroxan.

Some say it's shower gelish, some say it's overrated, uninspired.
I don't know man. Is it? I mean, if this formula is so dumb, why did J.P. make it? Surely Chanel has to keep up its reputation and make some money? Is that a bad thing?

There is no Royal Cambodian Oud or Fancy Filthy Civet in it, but it does't need those notes.
Sometimes a man just wants to be alone, and to me, Bleu is the perfect name for it

BertolucciKBertolucciK 65 days ago
The father of blue scents. Nice citrus with woody notes. Fresh, aromatic and well blended. It's a pleasant scent for the masses. Overpriced.
Djsc23Djsc23 79 days ago
A perfume that suits every ocasion and time of the year. Super versatile and really nice fragrance.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 109 days ago
If I can't decide what to wear, I'll always come back to this versatile fresh-citric and spicy resinous-woody fragrance; my signature scent.
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
If I smell it on my skin it's too sour, but the sillage from 50cm is amazing.
GolcherGolcher 10 months ago
A cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's true, because something works and there is a reason Bleu EDP is shrouded with all this hype.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Hyped, overrated and overpriced. Nevertheless, I do notice the quality citrus, the light resins, the woody notes and its sheer class touch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A mix of Woody -warm notes and citrusy accents which gives to this scent a complex character. Aromatic and pleasant . A modern classic.

by GilAroma
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
simply pale - Chanel 5
by Dvalinn
Nachschub, diesesmal in150 ml. ;)
simply pale - Chanel 4
by Nage
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel