Bleu de Chanel 2014Eau de Parfum

Top 77 in Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Jacques Polge

Mandarin orange, Sicilian lemon, Haitian vetiver, Woody notes, Cedar, Vanilla, Venezuelan tonka bean, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.01.2021.

Micha1984
Le plus beau bleu du monde
2020 What a year... Today it comes to an end. I look back on this one and would like to forget it. Nevertheless, there were many beautiful moments. Be it the Greek holiday on Zakynthos, where I was able to enjoy a little freedom without restrictions again. Or the beautiful fragrance time here on Parfumo, with many new fragrances, experiences and great people. Thanks for that! In the process, as the headline already says, the most beautiful blue designer fragrance that came under my nose so far was allowed to move in with me. What Chanel and Mr. Polge has created here, is for me almost magic...

The fragrance itself, smells to me like the most expensive and exclusive fruit shower gel in the world. The opening is citrusy, fresh and fruity, with a very subtle woody undertone of vetiver and cedar. It's not listed here, but the melon already gives the scent a nice, delicious fruitiness in the top notes that literally makes my mouth water. Towards the middle, the fragrance then becomes a bit woodier, yet the fruity, slightly sweet freshness remains upright. Towards the base, the beautiful woodiness of vetiver comes more and more to the fore and is accompanied by a light, sweet, creaminess of tonka bean. Overall, the scent progression is relatively linear, but still extremely harmonious, thereby not a spark synthetic and soft.

The durability is very good for a fresh fragrance, which thank God times without ambroxan. For me, it lasts from early morning to late 10h +, whereby the sillage is quite perceptible just in the first 2-3 h. After that, he remains relatively close, but is still well perceptible.

The flacon is a reflection of what is in it. Unadorned, clean and elegant, like the fragrance itself. Big plus, the cap is magnetic, I'm totally into it. :)

Finally, it remains to say again...write that Chanel with this fragrance has a masterpiece releast, which despite many successors such as Sauvage, still seeks its equal. Through its naturalness, softness and social compatibility, it is an elegant crowdpleaser that will still work in 20 years. I am very happy that I may call this masterpiece my own and will remain faithful to him for a very long time.

Simply outstanding
For the price, Bdc is simply an outstanding fragrance. No matter whether privately or in the office, he fits actually always excellent. In my opinion, rather recommended for the spring and summer months. For teens I would recommend it rather less (probably also not the right price structure), but from the age of majority / the 20s, you can wear it without hesitation :)

The downside of success
I get so many free samples of this perfume, that I could wear this every weekend without ever buying a full bottle. With nearly every purchase I make at Douglas, I get another 2ml of Bleu de Chanel, either the EdT, EdP or the parfum. Chanel reaches out to the masses with its powerful marketing and not without impact.

The way I see it, this perfume does exactly what it's supposed to do. It feels expensive, classy and it's easily recognizable for everyone. A not-too-subtle yet inoffensive show of success.

To me, and to many other perfume enthusiasts, the common association with 'blue frangrances' and the commercial success of this one in particular are reasons to enjoy it a bit less. In our shared fear of blending into the masses, we form a herd of 'individualists'.

Nevertheless, I can't deny the overall quality and the fact that's it's so well-blended. I'll choose this over any overly sweet vanilla or gourmand. While the EdT and EdP are quite alike, I do prefer the peppery spiciness in the EdT. Best of the Bleu series is the Parfum (not EdP) though, with an outstanding sandalwood blend that lasts forever.
Greg92
Justus, I found your scent!
This scent is what I would call a Justus scent. What do I mean by that? I associate "Justus" with a rich, wealthy young man who never had any money worries. Bleu de Chanel (pronounced stupid Chanel) just smells incredibly classy. You can smell the natural ingredients out.
The sillage is now not outstanding but rather subtle, but just that makes BdC edP so versatile in addition to the fragrance notes. The smell is just wonderful and at any time. For me, it can be worn all year round, by any age group, at any time of year and for almost any occasion. That said, I would assign BdC edP more to the warm months of spring/summer. For sports, the scent might be too classy, but I don't want to rule out wearing it there from time to time, too, because I just love the smell so much.
Finally, a quick comparison to the competitors Dior Sauvage (edT) and Versace Dylan Blue (EdT). I don't know if it's fair to compare one EdP to two EdTs, but I'll do it anyway:
Dior Sauvage edT (I also super like this fragrance) is much stronger from the sillage than the Bleu de Chanel EdP and also from the durability a bit better, but it is also from the fragrance notes a bit "sharper", overall the BdC edP is the rounder, craft even better fragrance, because it smells less synthetic than the competition from the house of Dior. Still, in an overall comparison, I'd say "draw". It's absolutely a matter of taste which scent you prefer, I love them both and for me it's my mood of the day that decides. Both are ever-goers.

Now to the comparison with the blue ever-goer of Versace, the Dylan Blue (which I also like very much):
Overall, I would describe the good Bleu de Chanel (and that's what this is all about) as a slightly more grown-up fragrance. No, by that I don't mean old man scent, but while I see the Dylan Blue more in the 14/15 to mid 30 age group, I would see the BdC edP more so from 19/20 to open end, because it is in my eyes (or better in my nose) less cloying than the Dylan Blue. From the sillage and durability, I would consider the Versace Dylan Blue as slightly stronger than the BdC.

For the sake of completeness, how I came to this fragrance:
Was it a blind buy? - No. But it's definitely a blind buy candidate in my opinion that you can't go wrong with.
I smelled the scent on an acquaintance and asked him what he was wearing. However, he wore the EdT. I then went to the perfumery a few days later to try both EdT and EdP on my own skin and what can I say, I liked the EdP even better. It was love at first smell.

It's a pity that in these times you are little among people who can perceive the smell on you and if then people also wear mask and that's good anyway. Stay healthy and take care of yourselves
Shower Gel Deluxe
I haven't had that scent on screen for a long time, I must confess... i had ignored it for a long time too! Since the EdT version had not knocked me out during a test in a perfumery, this scent was put into the drawer "uninteresting" Until today!!! He was recommended to me for a test. No sooner said than done... ...I got a tester and sprayed immediately! At the beginning you think: " hmm Okey fresh and shower gel, that's it..." but THEN!!! He develops into a luxury shower gel a la Chanel! It becomes softer and extremely sexy! I'd never have thought!!!
Yes it is still a fresh scent, but I think that this one has something attractive! It develops a certain depth for me ;)
After 30 minutes it gets softer and I smell musk.

I will soon also test the perfume (not EdT and not EdP) and am already very excited about it!

The durability is in the upper middle range just like the Sillage. A little more power would be great, but is nagging at a high level!

Definitely worth a test!!! :)

Why so hyped?
Not sure why this is so hyped, yes it is nice, yet is well blended. But in my opinion, it is to gently and lacking some character. Don't get me wrong there is nothing bad about beings soft and gentle but not insipid.
To infinity...
... and I'd go much further with you!
No, you won't be the only one wearing it! No, you won't get the admirable nod in connoisseur circles, and no Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel either!

But damn, YES, he's just the best blue there is! Very citrusy at first, he sits down in the next few minutes and opens his heart to you. A bit woody, but not too much, still fresh, but not too much. Someone before me wrote here about "Balance" and that's the best word for it! Balanced, unagitated and yet so insanely noble!

As for the Sillage, it does not fill the room, but it does not have to! He is not a show-off like "Acqua die Gio Profumo", but the silent observer who always has everything in view and under control.

Maybe I am exaggerating a bit with the praise, maybe some say he is "just a designer", I have to say: He is! The fragrance for life!
FuegoNero88
The classic for every occasion
This Chanel is almost always perfect...opens freshly lemony with grapefruit and then turns more and more into a pleasant, partly sweet companion for the whole day. In the evening a slightly earthy undertone is waiting for the citric refreshment for the night. The fragrance is never too intrusive or penetrating and gives enough confidenceboost for the daily tasks due to the qualitative ingredients
Eboolas
The adult, faithful companion... ...how I learned to stand firm!
Fragrances? A few years ago I thought of AXE advertising and penetrating chocolate scents of various shower gels, which boldly described themselves as sensual. What was left over when the boys sprayed themselves with deodorants in the changing room after gym class. To be honest, I couldn't do anything with perfume at that time. But one evening - it was a special, personal occasion - I wanted everything to be just right. It was about the "reconquest" of a woman (well, in retrospect it was a wasted effort, but that was certainly not due to the BdC... :-)).

In retrospect I was unsure about myself and was urgently looking for something to hold on to! So I went to the Douglas, shyly unsure. I didn't really know what I wanted and what I was doing there. I was more of a lost fawn that had got confused on a highway, so I experienced the sensory overload. And what shone there on a shelf: Bleu De Chanel. First on a test strip, it had something of the typical idea of an "inconspicuous, masculine but very special scent" - hey, that just smells good, I thought! For me it was more than the classic clean man shower scent, but not too much either. Just what I wanted. Security.

It was just "somehow a lemon scent" but even my naive nose thought, there would be something very special and elegant! Of course, Chanel was a household name to me - an iconic symbol of luxury without being chunky or provocative. Boy, back then, those gold bars in the perfumeries had me confused!

So off with it on the neck, I thought. Just to test. For me, BdC was the gateway drug to a future hobby that I could not afford at that time. Again and again an overwhelming impression flew up my nose, and it was simply an incredibly interesting and complex sensual experience. This is how Bleu De Chanel EDP will remain in my memory. I got to know him during a phase in which I went through some personal changes. That phase was difficult and complicated and sometimes hurtful. I was looking for a firm foothold and Bleu De Chanel was my faithful companion in this process.

In retrospect I would say: BdC is not mine at all. So no fragrance that really suits me. I find the citric notes to a certain extent too heavy and too consistent, as if other components hardly had any room to play. I try it again and again: On the one hand it awakens some memories in me, on the other hand I am desperately looking for a depth I simply cannot find. When it comes to citric everyday scents, I still find Bleu De Chanel EDP very good, it is elegant and looks high-quality. BDC is not a chav, it's a grown-up through and through.

And so Bleu De Chanel was exactly what I needed at that time. An anchor to hold on to. In its consistency, Bleu De Chanel offers stability and support - it allowed me to wear this high-quality fragrance without being too heavy a burden on my own shoulder. And in this consistency, Bleu De Chanel is ingenious and sincere without appearing arrogant. Instead, Bleu De Chanel gave me a secure hold. But today I am looking for the game - distraction, provocation, expressiveness, the playfulness in the game of life... :-)

Laibo
You have to understand, darling...
It's raining, the drops are running down the windows. Outside in the big city, not a soul, except for a few who crowd into passing taxis with their black umbrellas. All grey and black and the bitter smell of rain in the air.
I pack my jacket, it's my fifth fight with her this week... I don't care about the umbrella. I run out and know where she will be standing crying again...the rain is pounding down on me and my clothes, but the town is quiet. I smell the rain, the fresh, the earthy and woody of the few trees, the heavy - so much and yet so little. I ignore the fact that I am immediately soaking wet and run through the empty city.
Breathlessly I look at my destination and there she stands again, on the bridge, at the place where we kissed for the first time. Her tears turn into rain. Her deep blue coat shows the water what it should look like. I walk towards her, the loud rain becomes quieter, the sky darkens and prepares for the evening. "You know I love you. But you must understand me, darling ..
The fragrance must be understood - it is complicated. It is not one that always works. It has spice and depth. It is a sad scent...but to fall in love with and not to let go.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
The father of blue scents. Nice citrus with woody notes. Fresh, aromatic and well blended. It's a pleasant scent for the masses. Overpriced.
Djsc23Djsc23 5 months ago
A perfume that suits every ocasion and time of the year. Super versatile and really nice fragrance.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
If I can't decide what to wear, I'll always come back to this versatile fresh-citric and spicy resinous-woody fragrance; my signature scent.
MillanderMillander 12 months ago
If I smell it on my skin it's too sour, but the sillage from 50cm is amazing.
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
A cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's true, because something works and there is a reason Bleu EDP is shrouded with all this hype.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Hyped, overrated and overpriced. Nevertheless, I do notice the quality citrus, the light resins, the woody notes and its sheer class touch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A mix of Woody -warm notes and citrusy accents which gives to this scent a complex character. Aromatic and pleasant . A modern classic.

by GilAroma
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
simply pale - Chanel 5
by Dvalinn
Nachschub, diesesmal in150 ml. ;)
simply pale - Chanel 4
by Nage
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel