Bleu de Chanel 2014Eau de Parfum

Top 68 in Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition

Jacques Polge

Mandarin orange, Sicilian lemon, Haitian vetiver, Woody notes, Cedar, Vanilla, Venezuelan tonka bean, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.04.2021.

MickeyRourke
From praised, underrated to overrated to ignored and reviled....
There are fragrances that you wear not because you want to please others, but because you see them as a reflection of yourself, no matter what others say about it, perhaps also out of stubbornness, just not to get lost in the hype of the masses. Bleu de Chanel is not one of those fragrances. It's loved by many and belittled by some - preferably by men. For me, the truth lies exactly in between.

The fragrance starts with a fresh kick, very lemony, lemon cream, the tangerine seems to round it off a bit, at least if you hold your nose directly to your hand. Vetiver adds a slightly "green" note for now, and that impression is then complemented by some spice and wood. If you associate vanilla and tonka bean with vanilla, almonds, powder and hay, then that describes quite well how that initial clean impression is still creamed a little sweet and powdery.

I am, admittedly, ambivalent about this scent. I like it, no question about it. But what sounds like a sophisticated composition at first, after all the praise, turns out to be a scent I've noticed many times before, in whatever form it takes. It could be a citrusy men's scent with something like an Armani Code or Sauvage type shot added to it. A bit of an exaggeration, I could also say I've just had a fresh shower, mindlessly slathered myself with Nivea lotion or some kind of Penaten cream, and then, after jumping into fancy clothes, put on my favorite citrusy fresh spicy scent for the evening.... and then suddenly I have Bleu de Chanel.

But I suspect that the sillage, the perception by third parties is different than my own, because after all, BdC got top ratings and in some statements you can read how much women rave about it or it creates associations of suit-wearing dream men from the upper class. Well...

The bottom line is Bleu de Chanel EdP a really good all-rounder, you can not do much wrong, an all-rounder, in every situation, not too individual, something of everything, like in a hurry, in the office or sometimes in the evening - even if you have to take more than just one spray and refill again. But maybe this all-round talent is what makes BdC.

I should still mention that I can imagine the male, attractive, designer suit-wearing dream man from the upper class with other fragrances better.

But if the women are so excited about the BdC - yes my God, then they should get it too ;-)
"The Gentleman"
I think I had to become over 50 years old, because the Bleu, that has hit me completely. Years ago I would have found nothing exciting about him, and it's true. But He is a mega flatterer, comes very slowly to the fore, there is nothing in a certain direction.
I got the tip of a friend to test the, He would be sure that I would like.
He has the very most and exactly the best reactions evoked in other "sniffers".
More men like women ;-) . I myself, however, needed a few days to classify this fragrance.
He is not intrusive, but who comes too close to him the stops short and asks what that is for a brand?
And yet so the one or the other it surprises then, if you already know him, but have completely different in your nose in memory! The fragrance proves to me extremely as it depends on who wears it, on what skin. No fragrance smells the same for everyone, Never Ever.
The Bleu , my gentleman, will remain my very long companion.
Mfg
MrGoodSmell
The beautiful blue who came to stay
After using BdC in the EDT version, I also ventured to the EDP and perfume after a long time.

The EDT already distinguished itself as a reliable companion for the office and could more than prove itself in this scenario in my environment. However, this was never the go to for evening occasions! Here I always had other or better options in the collection. The DNA of BdC had me but so strongly fascinated, so I inevitably began to familiarize myself with the other versions.
If you ask the experts here on Parfumo which of the 3 is the best, you will get different opinions.

I, for one, can say from my perspective that Chanel has created probably the most versatile fragrance of recent years with the EDP. He is less citrus than the EDT, but projected almost at the same level, but at the same time also has a better durability. It can be worn to the office, as well as on a date or social occasion. The bandwidth reaches quasi from the jeans to the suit. In addition, the seasons here seem to play absolutely no role. I can think of few fragrances that are so strongly season independent. Blue goes just always!
Who is now asking the EDP or the perfume, I can only advise the money for the surcharge to save! Both are very similar, with almost identical performance. The only concise difference I could make out, was the slightly darker touch of the perfume. Just that makes him for me less versatile and a pure evening - Ausgehduft.

All the above points make the EDP for me the best blue fragrance that is currently available for purchase. BdC is in contrast to some fragrances like Sauvage timeless and will still be worn in the next 10 years. This is mainly due to the balanced composition of Mr. Polge, who has earned a monument for this masterpiece. Merci and chapeau Jacques!

ScentSlave
Some may hate it because so many love it
While I still prefer the Parfum, the EDP here is a definite performer. I don’t need to describe the scent itself, as the majority of our community knows exactly what it brings in that sense.

Performance wise though, I can’t help but to note how fantastic it is in that regard. Projection is an easy 3-4ft for the first 4hours or so. Sillage is also fantastic, as the trail it leaves is very distinct and prominent. And longevity? This is where this one stands near the top of the mountain... you notice it EASILY after 10+ hours.

Haters will always hate it, regardless of anything anyone can and will say, but performance wise; there is no argument... it is absolutely marvelous in this regard
KennyOmega
We just don't become friends
I still have a hard time really getting into this perfume because for the price, it just doesn't have the uniqueness that I look for in perfumes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing "ordinary" good quality perfume.

... But every time I put it on I'm somehow always underwhelmed, goes to me with the Sauvage exactly the same.

Ultimately, I have it then exchanged in the souk, you can do without it in my opinion.
Not a bad fragrance but I just do not like it.

Dead man walking..smells longer
Like a hunt...

The fragrance was dead-disscuted, declared dead, by the so-called influencers. The name, of course. promises glamour, wealth or legendary appearance! But, leaving aside the " prejudices ", it delivers! Vanilla, lemon bring their services after a short time to the surface. A fragrance for seasoned men over 30, always performs. Spring is just around the corner, if not now when? It doesn't say I'm here, look and smell everyone!!! He says discreetly, here I am, confessed, self-confident and full of life
Roadrunner
There's nothing to see here. Please move along
This fragrance has been floating around the internet for the last few years, as in my perception, very few have. It has now been sold so many times and can be found in almost every men's collection. Led by the big perfume minfluencers in the form of Jeremy or Gent Scents ect, it has been sold almost everywhere as the classic men's fragrance and has been one of the most popular fragrances ever since, which certainly makes it uninteresting to many. Unique is something else, anyway. Extravagant is also something else and there are clearly more complicated, elaborate and luxurious fragrances on this planet. It's best to sell the fragrance again and look for something else that's perhaps not so hackneyed and that will make you stand out more. It's best not to talk about it anymore and let the grass grow over it. Here there is fortunately the souk, where you can sell it comfortably at fair prices.
Best to the user Roadrunner, because as the foxes among you could surely guess from the above rating, I love this fragrance. :-)

Anyway, it does not bother me at all that he is so popular, because I can understand that 100%. I've been wearing it for 2 years now and just love everything about it. I had originally fallen in love with the opening of the Eau de Toiletten at the big D. That pink pepper, bergamot and that slight tart, peppery background noise has my synapses exploding with joy. The Eau de Parfum came as a sample directly afterwards, because I really wanted to test it, especially with regard to the performance. I should know the smell, I thought. There, too, I was wrong. The Eau de Parfum is sweeter, more sensual, that background noise is gone. Vanilla and tonka bean must have found the right satellite settings here. Sandalwood and the other woody notes round out the sharp edges of the eau de toilette here, making it a more harmonious scent overall than its bolder brother.

There are also differences here in terms of performance. Due to the sweetness of the heart and base notes, the EdP lasts a little longer, although this is not a huge difference here. He acts more elegant and potent than the EdT and that's what finally made him my signature fragrance. This gentleman here goes just always and everywhere. In summer, in winter, on a date, while shopping, at the job interview, because he is very restrained and knows how to please. The reactions of the women have almost always been the same. From "oh, you smell good" to light lip nibbling to melting eye rolls, everything has been there so far.

Here, the Mr. Polge has created an insanely easy to love, sensual, fruity, Immergeher, which ( knock on wood that he is not even discontinued at some point ) will always remain in my collection and will probably remain my signature scent for now. Never say never, but with this scent, there's no need to worry. No matter where it goes, no matter the weather, just put it on and smell good. I love this scent.

Unlike a lot of fragrances that I like right off the bat, I can't get sick of smelling it. After my blog entry, I had to dedicate him even a comment, because no fragrance has ever managed to pull me so under his spell as it has done Bleu de Chanel. No Creed or Parfums de Marly fragrance has managed that so far, even though I haven't tested them all yet, but maybe that's just due to my amateur nose and I just don't understand and appreciate these complex, sometimes exotic scents. But nonetheless, I had to write this down now because it just deserves it.

Mr. Polge, thank you so much for this perfume.

- Roadrunner
Micha1984
Le plus beau bleu du monde
2020 What a year... Today it comes to an end. I look back on this one and would like to forget it. Nevertheless, there were many beautiful moments. Be it the Greek holiday on Zakynthos, where I was able to enjoy a little freedom without restrictions again. Or the beautiful fragrance time here on Parfumo, with many new fragrances, experiences and great people. Thanks for that! In the process, as the headline already says, the most beautiful blue designer fragrance that came under my nose so far was allowed to move in with me. What Chanel and Mr. Polge has created here, is for me almost magic...

The fragrance itself, smells to me like the most expensive and exclusive fruit shower gel in the world. The opening is citrusy, fresh and fruity, with a very subtle woody undertone of vetiver and cedar. It's not listed here, but the melon already gives the scent a nice, delicious fruitiness in the top notes that literally makes my mouth water. Towards the middle, the fragrance then becomes a bit woodier, yet the fruity, slightly sweet freshness remains upright. Towards the base, the beautiful woodiness of vetiver comes more and more to the fore and is accompanied by a light, sweet, creaminess of tonka bean. Overall, the scent progression is relatively linear, but still extremely harmonious, thereby not a spark synthetic and soft.

The durability is very good for a fresh fragrance, which thank God times without ambroxan. For me, it lasts from early morning to late 10h +, whereby the sillage is quite perceptible just in the first 2-3 h. After that, he remains relatively close, but is still well perceptible.

The flacon is a reflection of what is in it. Unadorned, clean and elegant, like the fragrance itself. Big plus, the cap is magnetic, I'm totally into it. :)

Finally, it remains to say again...write that Chanel with this fragrance has a masterpiece releast, which despite many successors such as Sauvage, still seeks its equal. Through its naturalness, softness and social compatibility, it is an elegant crowdpleaser that will still work in 20 years. I am very happy that I may call this masterpiece my own and will remain faithful to him for a very long time.

Simply outstanding
For the price, Bdc is simply an outstanding fragrance. No matter whether privately or in the office, he fits actually always excellent. In my opinion, rather recommended for the spring and summer months. For teens I would recommend it rather less (probably also not the right price structure), but from the age of majority / the 20s, you can wear it without hesitation :)

The downside of success
I get so many free samples of this perfume, that I could wear this every weekend without ever buying a full bottle. With nearly every purchase I make at Douglas, I get another 2ml of Bleu de Chanel, either the EdT, EdP or the parfum. Chanel reaches out to the masses with its powerful marketing and not without impact.

The way I see it, this perfume does exactly what it's supposed to do. It feels expensive, classy and it's easily recognizable for everyone. A not-too-subtle yet inoffensive show of success.

To me, and to many other perfume enthusiasts, the common association with 'blue frangrances' and the commercial success of this one in particular are reasons to enjoy it a bit less. In our shared fear of blending into the masses, we form a herd of 'individualists'.

Nevertheless, I can't deny the overall quality and the fact that's it's so well-blended. I'll choose this over any overly sweet vanilla or gourmand. While the EdT and EdP are quite alike, I do prefer the peppery spiciness in the EdT. Best of the Bleu series is the Parfum (not EdP) though, with an outstanding sandalwood blend that lasts forever.

Arman038Arman038 3 months ago
Classic and sexy office scent that will gather you compliments. Citrusses, incense and woods are well blended. Average to good performance.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
The father of blue scents. Nice citrus with woody notes. Fresh, aromatic and well blended. It's a pleasant scent for the masses. Overpriced.
Djsc23Djsc23 8 months ago
A perfume that suits every ocasion and time of the year. Super versatile and really nice fragrance.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
If I can't decide what to wear, I'll always come back to this versatile fresh-citric and spicy resinous-woody fragrance; my signature scent.
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
If I smell it on my skin it's too sour, but the sillage from 50cm is amazing.
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
A cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's true, because something works and there is a reason Bleu EDP is shrouded with all this hype.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Hyped, overrated and overpriced. Nevertheless, I do notice the quality citrus, the light resins, the woody notes and its sheer class touch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A mix of Woody -warm notes and citrusy accents which gives to this scent a complex character. Aromatic and pleasant . A modern classic.

by GilAroma
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
simply pale - Chanel 5
by Dvalinn
Nachschub, diesesmal in150 ml. ;)
simply pale - Chanel 4
by Oldish2002
by Elvis74
by Elvis74

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel