Bleu de Chanel 2014 Eau de Parfum

Top 49 in Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition

Jacques Polge

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver Woody notesWoody notes CedarCedar VanillaVanilla Venezuelan tonka beanVenezuelan tonka bean New Caledonian sandalwoodNew Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.05.2022.

Philipp91
By far better than the EdT
The title is already the essence. I had the Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette in 2019, gave it several chances. However, I found it way too heavy, too cloying, too inappropriate. I gave it to an 18-year-old friend of mine. This perfume (the 2014 version/white font) is leaps and bounds better. Why? The perfume is lighter, fresher and a bit more flexible to use. Unusual that the EdP is milder than the EdT and not the other way around, but that's the way it is here.

About the fragrance: it has, of course, the Bleu de Chanel DNA, which, by the way, is not so dissimilar to the Dior Sauvage DNA. Vanilla, tonka, woods. The freshness that is present throughout the fragrance is stated here as lemon and mandarin. For me, it's more citrusy, bergamot and a hint of grapefruit. Be that as it may, the freshness is precisely what makes the difference to the EdT that is so decisive for me. So it is a really great fragrance.

Sillage and durability over 6-7h very dominant. I would not wear the fragrance to sports and also not at home after showering, on the sofa or similar. Also in midsummer despite the slight freshness note rather not appropriate. Otherwise, however, you can apply the fragrance to any other occasion and also gets the one or other compliment. Flacon beautiful, spray neat, price / performance is ok. A beautiful fragrance!
More noble & adult
Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette - a fragrance I loved very much at the beginning of my 20s. A no-brainer with simple freshness and really good persistence and also good sillage. A great companion that accompanies uncomplicated. Even today I still like to wear it from time to time. I rarely wear only because I do not like to wear these typical bestseller fragrances that almost everyone knows. Now I could finally test the EdP. To actively test this one I lacked the curiosity, but sometimes a test scent just comes flying at me. I've heard that this one doesn't last that well and that it doesn't radiate that well. I have taken this fragrance to the chest and tested this. A few sprays on the back of the hand. A great way to test a fragrance for durability and sillage and to get a scent impression.

This EdP is rated much higher here than the EdT with 8.2. Rightly? Something nobler and more complex is the EdP with certainty. However, also significantly milder, which makes for a very miserable sillage. No idea if the old batches used to be better than the current ones. The sillage is not good in my opinion, which I don't like at all in fresh scents. Anosnsten a really nice fragrance. He comes clearly more adult and noble. The given fragrance notes are almost all well perceivable except for the sweet notes vanilla & tonka bean, which may add a minimal round sweetness. This fragrance is primarily a citrus woody vetiver scent. A stylish citrusy freshness that rounds out great with soft wood & vetiver. No pungent distractors. The typical Bleu de Chanel DNA is there, but given a more mature touch by vetiver and not too close to the EdT. The EdT is clearly more playful & more youthful.
The performance is disappointing in terms of sillage as I found in a few tests. Hardly any vibrancy, even freshly sprayed on with a few sprays. Praise is the durability, which is perceptible close to the skin for about 8 hours. Grade at Freshies and day fragrances, however, I prefer a good sillage.

A really noble fragrance, which would be a purchase candidate for me with better sillage. Surprised me that the sillage is rated here with over 7. Maybe again such a batch problem.
Embodiment of the House of Chanel for men
Starting many many years ago, when he was in my father's bathroom until now, I love this fragrance. When I was younger, the pocket money was unfortunately very rare to be able to buy me this perfume, which is why he always appeared on the wish lists for birthdays and Christmas. I couldn't get sick of it until now, even if the fragrance is worn by many people and is nothing special anymore. For me, he will always remain special because of personal experiences!

To the smell..... The wearer just smells extremely well-groomed and fresh! You can smell that it is a rather more expensive perfume from the designer market and is not found on the shelf at Rossmann. The citrus at the beginning is clearly recognizable and gives the fragrance a lightness without taking away the seriousness of the fragrance. The vanilla is not recognizable for me, whereas the various woods give the fragrance a pleasant depth, which is "tangible" for everyone, without overwhelming the consumer (wearer and environment) as some other fragrances.

The durability has always been too little for me and the sillage could also be better. For the type of fragrance, however, my expectation is also much too high.

In conclusion, I can say that the fragrance is for me the perfect embodiment of the house of Chanel for men!

Versatile everyday wearer
By far one of the most versatile fragrances I have used. Currently my daily wear fragrance.
Though I have tried EDT, EDP and parfum. The EDP one is still my favorite in terms of scent composition and projection.
EDT tends to be more lively with its citrus notes, whilst EDP more so with amber and sandalwood notes. Parfum variants opening is slightly weak compared with EDP instead they become washed down by the strength of the woody notes. I also found that the transition from citrus to woody notes with hints of spice inbetween was much more enticing with the EDP. My personal opinion is EDP is the winner however if you are someone who is unsure to go for EDT or parfum then go for EDP, which has best of both worlds.
In terms of sillage, the opening is strong but not strong enough to fill a room or draw attention. Strong enough to be noticed by someone a few feet away however this does not last long and soon switches to a skin scent with longevity around 4-6 hours dependent on environment. If you are someone who wants longer projection then opt for parfum.
On days like these
the term mainstream loses its meaning
because you don't smell fragrances on every corner anymore.
I've already noticed
that I can stand sweet things again But today, with this fragrance,
i've become really aware of it.
Just 1.5 years ago, I probably would have dismissed it
as one of many,
he would have had something that bugged me.
But now there is nothing there that bugs me.
It's a beautiful fragrance,
with style, elegance, restraint, freshness.
Pleasant to wear at any time.

On days like these,
when it's raining outside,
the freshness
reminds me (as a shower gel vibe, I don't feel that way)
and the wonderful fruits
of sunshine and warmth,
and make the day a little brighter,

The creamy warm base
and a little tonka
fill the fragrance, and thus probably also its wearer,
with charm.
He is masculine,
but also for women well wearable.
Here he would probably fit into the Buisiness,
or to sporty ladies.

On days like these
the world outside has become quieter.
The deceleration is good for the fragrances.
On days like tomorrow
the world outside will be louder again it will be quieter here.
I can already tell.
And I'll miss the days of today.

INDIGOSPHINX
Compare this with the parfum
I have owned the parfum for about 3 months now so here we go. (P=parfum EDP=EDP)

Opening:
P is more realistic fruity, imagine a juicy pineapple and lemon peel squeezed together. P's opening also smells fizzy to me, you can smell that fizziness from the atomizer. Very refreshing, fruit juice like. Along with that there is a greeness to balance, it's slightly spearminty and green.

EDP is more bitter and zesty with the grapefruit, if you smell it up close it can be somewhat mettalic and pungent, but in the air others can perceive an ultra-fresh-zestiness.

Mid:
P is a funny one because in hot weather, I perceive more woody notes and creaminess. Some mentioned a crayon note, I think that may be the cashmere note. The sandalwood along with the cedar really shine through. In coldish weather you can still detect the pineapple fruitiness. Lavender is absolutely there, very realistic and natural smelling. You don't get the lavender note all the time, sometimes when the temperature is right you can smell the lavender from sprays on cloth very clearly.

EDP has more floral nuance to it. Hedione is absolutely used. Citrusy seems to be completely gone to me. I never perceive any incense in BDC but whatever... The airy jasmine is combined with a slightly warm ginger note so it's very pleasing in warm - hot weathers.

Base:
P becomes more woody. In short, a lemony sandalwood with cedar roughness.
EDP's ambroxan comes out, gives this fragrance an addictiveness
My opinion on them:
both can easily cause olfactory fatigue. But EDP does actually project more.
the Parfum version is really much better if applied on skin because on cloth sometimes I can barely detect anything.
EDP on the other hand... spray on cloth or skin is fine.

EDP is absolutely fresh enough for summer 80-90 degree IMO
Parfum is best worn under 80 degree as in high heat the fruity notes are gone and you get tremendous woodiness.

Price wise, I think honestly both are worth the money. I currently only own the parfum and have a sample of the EDP (I've owned the EDP before)
To me, since my collection lacks some winter, warm scents, I'll keep the parfum. as it is more warm and cozy.

A lot of people say there is not a big difference between the Parfum and the EDP. To me, upon the first 15-30 min there really is not a big difference, but they dry down very differently to me.

some cues:
Sandalwood, cedarwood, warm, cuddly scent lovers=Parfum
Ambroxan, floral, ultra fresh scent lovers=EDP

To me there is not a point in owning both as both are extremely pleasant so it's hard to decide which one to wear LOL. Just for your own convenience sakes, I recommend only getting one in the line.

Also, I known people often despise it's "genericness", however to me this is really like the counterpart of Coco-Madamosille.
If you smelled that, you know it's instantly recognizable, but it's SOOOOOO good on a woman.
This is like that for us men. Us fragheads may find it boring but man, I can imagine any woman who smell it on us to be very pleased.

Also, I've owned all 3 versions of sauvage before.
Compare to BDC line, Sauvage absolutely smells more shower gel like. Nothing wrong with that but I'd recommend anyone who enjoys natural smelling stuff to go for BDC line.
Finally, I've owned BDC EDT, I CANNOT STAND IT. reason being, some ingredient in the EDT causes a sore throat for me, literally. I remember for a long time I had a bad throat but I didn't know what was the cause then I eventually figured out it was the EDT that was causing it. I guess I'm just sensitive to super harsh scents...
MickeyRourke
From praised, underrated to overrated to ignored and reviled....
There are fragrances that you wear not because you want to please others, but because you see them as a reflection of yourself, no matter what others say about it, perhaps also out of stubbornness, just not to get lost in the hype of the masses. Bleu de Chanel is not one of those fragrances. It's loved by many and belittled by some - preferably by men. For me, the truth lies exactly in between.

The fragrance starts with a fresh kick, very lemony, lemon cream, the tangerine seems to round it off a bit, at least if you hold your nose directly to your hand. Vetiver adds a slightly "green" note for now, and that impression is then complemented by some spice and wood. If you associate vanilla and tonka bean with vanilla, almonds, powder and hay, then that describes quite well how that initial clean impression is still creamed a little sweet and powdery.

I am, admittedly, ambivalent about this scent. I like it, no question about it. But what sounds like a sophisticated composition at first, after all the praise, turns out to be a scent I've noticed many times before, in whatever form it takes. It could be a citrusy men's scent with something like an Armani Code or Sauvage type shot added to it. A bit of an exaggeration, I could also say I've just had a fresh shower, mindlessly slathered myself with Nivea lotion or some kind of Penaten cream, and then, after jumping into fancy clothes, put on my favorite citrusy fresh spicy scent for the evening.... and then suddenly I have Bleu de Chanel.

But I suspect that the sillage, the perception by third parties is different than my own, because after all, BdC got top ratings and in some statements you can read how much women rave about it or it creates associations of suit-wearing dream men from the upper class. Well...

The bottom line is Bleu de Chanel EdP a really good all-rounder, you can not do much wrong, an all-rounder, in every situation, not too individual, something of everything, like in a hurry, in the office or sometimes in the evening - even if you have to take more than just one spray and refill again. But maybe this all-round talent is what makes BdC.

I should still mention that I can imagine the male, attractive, designer suit-wearing dream man from the upper class with other fragrances better.

But if the women are so excited about the BdC - yes my God, then they should get it too ;-)
"The Gentleman"
I think I had to become over 50 years old, because the Bleu, that has hit me completely. Years ago I would have found nothing exciting about him, and it's true. But He is a mega flatterer, comes very slowly to the fore, there is nothing in a certain direction.
I got the tip of a friend to test the, He would be sure that I would like.
He has the very most and exactly the best reactions evoked in other "sniffers".
More men like women ;-) . I myself, however, needed a few days to classify this fragrance.
He is not intrusive, but who comes too close to him the stops short and asks what that is for a brand?
And yet so the one or the other it surprises then, if you already know him, but have completely different in your nose in memory! The fragrance proves to me extremely as it depends on who wears it, on what skin. No fragrance smells the same for everyone, Never Ever.
The Bleu , my gentleman, will remain my very long companion.
Mfg
MrGoodSmell
The beautiful blue who came to stay
After using BdC in the EDT version, I also ventured to the EDP and perfume after a long time.

The EDT already distinguished itself as a reliable companion for the office and could more than prove itself in this scenario in my environment. However, this was never the go to for evening occasions! Here I always had other or better options in the collection. The DNA of BdC had me but so strongly fascinated, so I inevitably began to familiarize myself with the other versions.
If you ask the experts here on Parfumo which of the 3 is the best, you will get different opinions.

I, for one, can say from my perspective that Chanel has created probably the most versatile fragrance of recent years with the EDP. He is less citrus than the EDT, but projected almost at the same level, but at the same time also has a better durability. It can be worn to the office, as well as on a date or social occasion. The bandwidth reaches quasi from the jeans to the suit. In addition, the seasons here seem to play absolutely no role. I can think of few fragrances that are so strongly season independent. Blue goes just always!
Who is now asking the EDP or the perfume, I can only advise the money for the surcharge to save! Both are very similar, with almost identical performance. The only concise difference I could make out, was the slightly darker touch of the perfume. Just that makes him for me less versatile and a pure evening - Ausgehduft.

All the above points make the EDP for me the best blue fragrance that is currently available for purchase. BdC is in contrast to some fragrances like Sauvage timeless and will still be worn in the next 10 years. This is mainly due to the balanced composition of Mr. Polge, who has earned a monument for this masterpiece. Merci and chapeau Jacques!

ScentSlave
Some may hate it because so many love it
While I still prefer the Parfum, the EDP here is a definite performer. I don’t need to describe the scent itself, as the majority of our community knows exactly what it brings in that sense.

Performance wise though, I can’t help but to note how fantastic it is in that regard. Projection is an easy 3-4ft for the first 4hours or so. Sillage is also fantastic, as the trail it leaves is very distinct and prominent. And longevity? This is where this one stands near the top of the mountain... you notice it EASILY after 10+ hours.

Haters will always hate it, regardless of anything anyone can and will say, but performance wise; there is no argument... it is absolutely marvelous in this regard

Beymen27Beymen27 2 months ago
Klassiker für den Sommer
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
The best version of BdC, in some ways the perfection of the already perfect DNA. One of the safest scents without being too boring
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
Classic and sexy office scent that will gather you compliments. Citrusses, incense and woods are well blended. Average to good performance.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
The father of blue scents. Citrusy, fruity with woody notes. Fresh, aromatic and well blended. It's a pleasant scent for the masses.
Djsc23Djsc23 2 years ago
A perfume that suits every ocasion and time of the year. Super versatile and really nice fragrance.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
If I can't decide what to wear, I'll always come back to this versatile fresh-citric and spicy resinous-woody fragrance; my signature scent.
MillanderMillander 2 years ago
If I smell it on my skin it's too sour, but the sillage from 50cm is amazing.
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
A cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's true, because something works and there is a reason Bleu EDP is shrouded with all this hype.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Typical don't give a fuck perfume for people who are not into perfumes. Super headache inducing. Can't stand it! One of the most overrated
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Hyped, overrated and overpriced. Nevertheless, I do notice the quality citrus, the light resins, the woody notes and its sheer class touch.

by GilAroma
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
Nachschub, diesesmal in150 ml. ;)
simply pale - Chanel 4
by Nage
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular by Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel 1957 by Chanel