Bleu de Chanel Parfum 2018

Top 74 in Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel Parfum is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Olivier Polge

Cedar, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor Gaspard Ulliel.

Hypnoscent
Beautiful from the top note to the base, BUT.
The fragrance has possibly one of the best top notes ever, it starts with a mixture of sweet lemon and the warm, creamy sandalwood, you get absolutely addicted to it. After c.a. 40-60 min. the lemon fades away and a very nice smelling woody note remains, which then stays close to the skin. Personally I would wish for a slightly better performance, because this smell is simply terrific. After about 5-6 hours the scent is very faint or not noticeable at all and you have to re-spray. The price is rather in the upper segment, which is a pity because you pay a lot for the name. I hope there will be another BDC "Extreme" with the same scent but with a better H/S, then the scent would be a 10/10. Nevertheless I can recommend the scent to everyone warmest to at least try it.
Man(s) is blue again?!
Hey hey and have a good evening, perfume-loving noses.
Soo... today comes a fragrance I haven't sniffed in a long time, "Bleu de Chanel". The scent, no matter if EDT or EDP, had left a very good impression on me, but I found it a pity that it didn't last for a long time and I also found the sillage very low. Maybe my perception back then was a bit different than today, I don't know, but because I saw the new fragrance here, the perfume variant, a little while ago in the city, I really wanted to try it again and I found it quite wonderful. Of course I had to make a comment, you know me, but I just didn't get around to it. What had happened?

The thing is that after my first test the bottle or the tester had disappeared in the shop there. Yes, that's right! Disappeared!! Not sprayed empty or anything, but the whole bottle was gone. Which means that some crook probably stole it... or somehow a guy with two left hands dropped the bottle with a rattling sound (yeah, that's probably the worse reason for most perfumes, isn't it?)... somehow both reasons are bad, no wonder that there are less and less testers in the shops of some fragrances... *sigh* :D
And before you ask, I didn't see the bottle in other shops for a while... so that the fragrance was eventually forgotten and I only tested women's scents (no no, the last one was a joke, I only test women's scents because the samples I get from some of my favourite perfumers are almost all women's scents!) But through a nice perfuma I got a sample of this scent, and so I could finally test it properly.

Of course I have to tell you about it now, you know me! As I said, I am writing many (long) commissies here, whether you like it or not, ätsch. Hey hey, well then let's go!

The smell:
Hmm... interesting. Although the fragrance is listed as the twin of the other two Bleu de Chanels (i.e. EDT and EDP), there are only two fragrances listed here in the fragrance list. You can smell much more than the two fragrances.
The fragrance starts for me with lavender, lemons, soft sandalwood and a pinch of synthetics, which is common for this kind of mainstream fragrances. That's okay, because the synthetics are not cheap like in some other fragrances and therefore are absolutely not disturbing or even repulsive. In the background the scent seems to me to be slightly fruity, but somehow in a thick liquid way, hm... it's difficult to describe, I would say that you could possibly be reminded of multivitamin juice, but you hardly notice this in the scent cloud, you have to sniff the sprayed area in a really concentrated way. In addition, the scent also comes across warmer, which is very appropriate to the generally gentle aura of the scent.
In the heart note, not much seems to change and the fragrance remains as before. All right, this multi-vitamin note fades away slightly and becomes a mix of fruity and citrus scents, the sweetness now also reminds a bit of amber, otherwise it remains soft and woody (although you now start to smell the cedar out of the woods).
Towards the end the fragrance becomes increasingly woody, which together with the lavender also smells quite nice. It is still sweet and warm, but also synthetic. But as already mentioned, the synthetic doesn't bother at all. Therefore I find this Bleu de Chanel quite successful. A very nice scent.

The Sillage and the durability:
Soo... okay so not much seems to have changed at the Sillage. The scent still weakens quite a bit for me soon after spraying it on. Well, I think this one has turned out a little more intense and long-lasting than the EDP and EDT, but it could have been a bit stronger. So, if you are not necessarily standing near the scent carrier, you will hardly notice the scent...
This also makes the shelf life seem rather shorter, even if you should smell it for six to eight hours.

The bottle! The bottle has not changed at all. The fragrance is still filled in a rectangular, dark-blue bottle with the fragrance's name printed on the front. The difference is that the writing is in gold, and the blue color of the bottle seems to have been darkened a bit. The cap is black and cylindrical as before, and that's about it. In principle, the bottle is actually very simple, but the fact that it's dark and not just colorlessly transparent makes it look more elegant. Yes, I like the bottle.

Conclusion:
Well... Granted,... I don't remember Bleu de Chanel in general that well. Sure, I used to spray the scent on a test strip every now and then when I was out and about, but I'm not sure right now how strong the similarities or differences are with the other Bleus here. But anyway, there is no comparison for now. Anyway, mainstream or not, no matter if chemical, synthetic or anything else, ... as long as a fragrance smells good, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, right? And I think you can say the same about this scent, because despite the obvious synthetics, I found the scent quite good.

Of course, I am aware that Bleu de Chanel is certainly one of those fragrances that some people like, and some don't (like Aventus, except that here, with Chanel, people go a lot less crazy :D). Some people will probably associate the scent with a certain Mr. J (no, as a comic fan I don't mean the Joker for once!), because he considers the scent here (or Bleu de Chanel in general) to be one of the best men's scents and would recommend it to everyone and the gentleman here seems to get on the nerves of some people. I don't really care about him, because I don't read much about him or watch videos, but one thing you have to agree with him: The smell here or Bleu de Chanel scents are really not bad. For me not the very best scents at all, but still very nice scents and always worth a test.

However, if you haven't been able to do anything with Bleu de Chanel so far, you will certainly not like this fragrance either, and that's okay. It's the same with scents like Dior Sauvage, Gaultier perfumes, Aventus (yeah, there are people who really don't like Aventus. No, I'm not one of them, even though I wouldn't necessarily praise Aventus to the skies and make fun of it :D) It's all a matter of taste. But as I said, I would highly recommend to test this scent here! Especially because it is very good to use as an allrounder. But even if you don't know what to use, you can always spray this scent on yourself, it always works. Only for going out, I would not recommend it very much, because it is very weak and short-lived, but maybe some people are lucky and the scent will last longer?

Anyway, that's it from me again! Have a nice evening and see you later :)

Best Blue fragrance IMO
It was love at first sniff at a local Sephora store, so I tested the EDT, EDP and Parfum not of test strips but off skin, to my nose I preferred the parfum version then the EDT and EDP, so far I have several wearings of this fragrance off my skin projection was around 2-3 hrs, and longevity/performance as a skin scent around 10-12+ hrs (with body lotion unscented on pulse points) and again it depends on the skin chemistry, do apologize is a short review, as for season to wear this fragrance is great for all seasons, you can dress it casually, dressed it up or dressed it down, business casual-work/office scent and a date night as well, but my take on this fragrance as an overall score is an 8.5 out of 10, it is the best blue fragrance currently in the market IMO.
Bleu de Best!
Of course this scent is too expensive. Of course this scent doesn't make anything new. Of course this scent is a Bleu de Chanel!
In my opinion, the best of the lot. Starts fresh sweet and develops rather in the woody direction. At this concentration I simply smell this lemon peel and ISO E Super. This makes the woody notes look much sweeter :D if you know what I mean ;) Can also be used great for dates or as a suit scent. For the casual look I would rather not recommend it.

Sillage and durability is well perceived and does its job. Also find that it doesn't get as annoying as Dior Sauvage in the long run and it always keeps its class. I also don't understand why the scent is so much appreciated. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's simply from Chanel and people probably always expect them to create something completely new instead of developing what's already in the assortment.

10/10 compliments I have unfortunately not yet received with this fragrance. In my opinion it is also a bit too classic to celebrate. Nevertheless, still the best of his line which is great for the office, going out or on dates.

In any case, check it out and try it out without being taken in!

True Bleu
As you climb the ladder of concentrations, you'll find that not only does Bleu become more dense but the heart and base are more identifiable.

The EDT is by far the least masculine, dominated by the common grapefruit note and other fresh accords. Eau de Parfum turns it up a notch, with a better delivery of woods and masculinity; the happy medium. The Parfum, maximum concentrée pushes masculinity to the limit while still remaining true to its "Bleu" title. The fresh accords are still present, but hardly running the show.

Without second guessing, you can smell the cedar and New Caledonian Sandalwood in addition to any other basenotes listed. Easily over applied, so don't go nuclear. Bleu de Chanel Parfum is the most intricate of three concentrations, but not at all intricate. Be that as it may, not everything has to be.
The lost face
Things from Chanel are not just clothes or an accessory. Chanel is a statement. Chanel is hedonistic, a declaration of love for oneself and the conviction to be better than the others.

That's exactly what was missed with Bleu De Chanel.

The fragrance is great, creamy woody ambroxan opening with grapefruit and some floral.
That's how it goes most of the time until the slowly disappearing citrus touch...

Only he's so agreeable, unobtrusive and friendly...

I miss the corners of egoist, the elegance of a Pour Monsieur, the dominance that makes Antaeus so fascinating and the cool seriousness of Allure Homme...

All fragrances that require sharing this Chanel mindset...

It is like a Mustang with V4 EcoBoost against the V8 GT. The one is quite nice, climate-friendly and doesn't tear the neighbour out of bed during a cold start. The other one is lived devotion, he swallows what he wants and provokes negative comments from time to time.

Great everyday scent, only too often and too well copied and by the characteristic that everyone and their dog possesses this scent the Chanel robs magic
MMDR
Survival of the Fittest - But that these statements also have to be so short...
...because sometimes it's really hard for me to keep it short. But then I prefer not to write a comment, because my thoughts hardly ever seem worthy of a comment.
But it must be now, because the statement space is effectively too short!
Bleu de Chanel perfume is a good fragrance through and through, not overloaded (only two components according to the fragrance pyramid) and although not necessarily something I would associate with a classic "blue" fragrance, at least as blue as a coniferous forest in the twilight sometimes appears.
Because it is definitely woody and earthy and I can also sign for "fresh" - like a coniferous forest in the twilight!
But one thing bothers me, and that is not necessarily the fault of this - very good - fragrance, but rather that of another. If "Bleu de Chanel Parfum" would exist in a vacuum, I would buy it and wear it over and over again, but (unfortunately) it does not.
Much more, this fragrance lives in the shadow (maybe that's where the freshness comes from - heyo!) of a true giant: "Terre D'Hermès EdP/Perfum"
In my perception (and you are welcome to correct me there), TdH and BdC in dry-down (if you can even speak of dry-down in BdC) are so similar that I would have difficulty distinguishing them (which honestly does not mean SOOO much).
Nevertheless, the two fragrances are far too similar for me, except that TdH is more interesting and sophisticated, has more nuances, more depth - and I unfortunately lack that in this coniferous forest.
And therein lies the crux: Not only would I not buy "Bleu de Chanel Parfum" over "Terre D'Hermès EdP/Perfum", I would never wear it instead of "Terre D'Hermès EdP/Perfum" It is as if they both occupy the same evolutionary niche - and in this case TdH is definitely "fitter" in my perception
TobiLo
The safe bank in blue - thanks to my wife
Yay, I'm writing my first comment :-)!
In the middle of the Christmas bustle, I had stood my legs in my stomach in a well-known perfumery, as my partner was busy restocking her cosmetic arsenal. ;-) (Before this is misunderstood, I like to do this, because she has to hold out and sniff at me again and again when the next load of fillings and/or samples is in the mailbox). So I stood in front of the blue wall of the shop and tried my hand rather half-heartedly through the display.
So I sprayed the different Bleu de Chanel(s) on all exposed parts of my body and tried to find a difference that I could like best. I don't know if it was because of my "perfume nose", which is still in training, but the EDT didn't like me at all (somehow pungent smell) but I liked the EDP and the perfume. But that's all. Neither did my girlfriend at first. So we strolled on and after about an hour we sat down in the car and there something happened that had never happened to me in my whole "perfumo career". I got an effusive compliment from my girlfriend! Usually the jury's verdict is more in Dieter Bohlen jargon when I have had the samples of Tom Fords, Parfum de Marlys, Amouages and whatever they are called tested by her For this reason alone, BdC Parfum already had a big leap of faith in my watch list. After I ordered a bottling, and after I became more and more attracted by this non pungent freshness and the wonderful drydown (which sealed the decision for the perfume and not the EDP) and it really hailed compliments (Jeremy Voice) at work and at university, I decided to buy it and really fell in love with this versatile evergreen.
And I tell you quite honestly: Even if only my girlfriend thinks that I smell very good and that the perfume suits me, then in my opinion you have already done everything right, right? :-)

Thank you for reading and even though a week has already gone by, I wish you a wonderful 2020!
Viseron
Does it always have to be extraordinary?
Welcome to the age of self-optimization! It's about becoming the most successful and best version of yourself, being successful and good looking, going to the gym 4-5 times a week if possible, plus being smart and charismatic. At least that's what a young man would suggest when he looks at the social media. You're no good if you're average. This is not the only reason why it is difficult for young people to find themselves in this society.

I think the term "average" is a very interesting term when we talk about Bleu de Chanel. A fragrance that probably everyone has smelled at least once, which is absolutely nothing new or extraordinary. Therefore, I will spare myself the exact description of the fragrance at this point, as I am not good at describing it anyway. Just a fragrance with a fresh start and a woody base, everything seen before. That's exactly how I thought when I first tested the EdT of Bleu de Chanel a few years ago while walking around town. "I like it, but it's nothing special," I thought to myself. At home then I could not take the nose off my wrist. Outside the perfumery environment, where my nose is massively overstrained anyway, I liked the scent more and more. Yes, still nothing unusual, but incredibly "smooth" and soothing. The image of a successful man described above shot into my head. In the end it's funny, because average and success somehow don't go together. At that time, however, at the beginning of my studies, I decided not to buy the fragrance and chose Dior Homme Intense, which was quite exceptional.

So a few years later, the Bleu de Chanel appeared in the perfume version, and I became curious again. So I looked at Parfumo to see the rating and was surprised that this is so high in contrast to the EdT. This time I snapped at it and was really excited about the scent. According to my untrained nose it is not very different from the EdP, but there are significant differences to the EdT. I simply feel good with the fragrance, whether at work, at university or at sports. In addition, the fragrance seems to me very balanced and simply somehow "harmonious", natural. It harmonizes with my skin in a way that other fragrances in my collection do not. Chanel fragrances have something that makes them so incredibly fragrant on my skin. But I don't know why this is especially the case with Chanel.

Of course, there are also some negative aspects here. I don't think I'm going to get a bottle of that perfume version. Why? Firstly, as I said, I don't smell any significant differences to the EdP. Second, we're talking near-niche prices. Just under 130€ for 100ml is already an announcement. It would even be worth it to me, if the Sillage wasn't so incredibly weak. And that's really the saddest thing here. What good is the scent if I don't notice it after an hour? Very close it really lasts for a long time, but does not radiate at all. This makes the EdT/EdP better.

If I had to choose a fragrance for my life, the decision would probably be BdC. I would also like to end this commentary with my question in the title. In various forums you can read again and again that the Bleu de Chanel DNA is slowly becoming outdated and that you should get something individual and newer. Therefore my question: Does it always have to be extraordinary? I'm average, and I'll stand by it!
FabianO
Better than the bleude rest
Yes, I had the very first 'Bleu' at the time of its appearance and belonged to the group of my bottles that never emptied because it was over me after about half. First fixed by the cool night-blue-black container, then soon by the but for Chanel relations (and they are really monolithic for me thanks to 'Antaeus', 'Egoiste' and 'Monsieur'!) mauerlich - synthetic-clinking content turned off.

This was now a sample in the newest 'time' and in the comparison I determine, the still quite young 'perfume' is probably the best of the stupid Bleus.

More redundant, without the standing grapefruit, somehow more harmonious. Cool, slightly mineral, also somewhat synthetic, but at the same time unobtrusive, somewhat woody with shower gel-cleaning coating. Quite like his ancestors somewhat cyber-like, cm end also miles behind my above mentioned favorites, but still pleasantly casual compared to the current Dior-Hass object of my life, the 'Sauvage' which is penetratingly broken everywhere

JulphJulph 4 days ago
Woody, citrus with a little hint of spices.

Very basic notes that were blend together beautifully by Chanel.

It is the best of Bleu line.
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 56 days ago
It's one of the best elegant smells that you can have, way ahead of its time for sure. Not mainstream, just a modern classic made right!
ThodorisS3ThodorisS3 105 days ago
I think the best of the bleu line...
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
This one is heavier and woodier than the other two. I use this in colder weather.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
It's woodier and stronger than the EdP version witha a zesty lemon opening and less incensy. I guess I prefer the scent of the EdP version.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 11 months ago
If this would be done by a different brand than Chanel It would have the same succes? It is nice citrus smell but not much better than zara
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
The only one from the line that is rather pleasant. Still not a fantastic scent by any means
ElqwertyElqwerty 24 months ago
3.5
I really had high hopes but after I sprayed this on me somebody commented "why did you put on so much cologne?" And looked with a dirty face

Schau mir in die Augen
by Flanker
by Integral
by Integral
by Graybeard
Ich dachte, das ginge gestern online, sollte ein Valentinsgruß sein, egal, dann verspätet
by sebjar
by Drakecito
by ThodorisS3
by ThodorisS3

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Beige (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel