Bleu de Chanel Parfum 2018

Top 68 in Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel Parfum is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Olivier Polge

Cedar, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor Gaspard Ulliel.

With the utmost respect
For a long time I thought about whether and how I should comment on this masterpiece.

My favorite fragrances I always associate with a story. The love of Bleu De Chanel is probably the greatest, however.

It was just under 1 1/2 years ago. Late summer morning.
Hustle, bustle, excitement, serenity, joy.
All rolled into one!
08:30! At 09:15 is civil wedding with my dream woman! After we have overslept, as so often, something and now stand shortly before the yes-word is missing to the outfit only one thing: the fragrance!
I reach for the bottle of my confidence Bleu De Chanel. My wife also chooses your counterpart Coco Mademoiselle!
Suddenly envelops me serenity and confidence.
No other perfume lets me dream more and live into the day than Bleu De Chanel!

Why I chose that fragrance?
It is incredibly fresh and at the same time reveals its woody notes. One automatically perceives a very high quality. This quality was of course very important to me for this day.

You can wear Bleu De Chanel almost always and everywhere!
In everyday office life and on special occasions, it fits equally.
The sillage is fine in my opinion, because an "in your face" fragrance he also just does not want to be.
He is just an educated gentleman who has already "seen" something in life and does not have to deal with it strikingly.
The durability is also in order.

Let Bleu De Chanel take you on a journey!
He remains for me (... respectively for us) always THE special fragrance and is therefore my number one!
My dearest blue
Hello my dear perfume friends and welcome to my perfume advent calendar, today there is the 2nd door and behind it is one of my favorite men's fragrances: Chanel - Bleu de Chanel Perfume (which I secretly stole from my boyfriend, so psst ;))).

He now completes the trilogy, which also includes the 2010 eau de toilette and the 2014 eau de parfum variants. Both predecessors were developed by Jaques Polge, the former in-house perfumer and father of Olivier Polge.

The perfume has now been reduced to the essential scents of cedar and sandalwood, both previous versions appear more citric and fresher, whereby the eau de parfum is a mixture of perfume and eau de toilette and in drydown comes dangerously close to the perfume.
The perfume starts cedar-wood-heavy and even a bit reserved, but warms up quickly on the skin and develops a creamy-sweet sandalwood note, which is elegant enough and looks noble enough to be worn for going out, with a business suit or as an uncomplicated signature scent in your free time. For me it is the most beautiful of the series, which fits best into the colder season, but can also be worn all year round.

Bleu de Chanel, for example, may not be insanely innovative or unique, but it is a solid, pleasing and versatile men's fragrance and my favourite blue, in a deep blue, almost black bottle.

Lukbab
First blue fragrance and the best one!
When I discovered my passion in fragrances, as a typical beginner I adored citrusy-fresh scents. I was not interested in green, sweet, tobacco, I wanted fresh, citrus, clean, mass-pleasing! And that`s how I discovered 2 fragrances: Dior Sauvage EDT and Chanel Bleu de Chanel EDP. Everybody here in Czech Republic bought Dior (Johnny Depp is a selling factor, right?) but my nose was more intrigued by Chanel. The zesty opening, the slightly smoky mid and the beautiful drydown of sandalwood and touch of vanilla. I was decided, I will buy (once I have enough money) Chanel... And then the Parfum version was released.

I had teststrips and sprays on my hands, I sniffed them both all day (or let`s say 5 hours, that`s all BdC lasts on my skin strong enough to make the opinion) and I did not know which I one I should choose. The final decision came in duty free shop in Hong Kong, the Parfum version cost there the same as EDP so I grabbed a bottle!

WHAT A SCENT!!!

Beautiful opening of lemon zest, slight mint and incense that is so elegant and sexy I would have a crush on myself every time I wear it. Once it starts to dry down, the incense, vanilla and sandalwood start to be present together with lemon (or is it grapefruit?) and it matures a bit. However that`s when the scent shines even more I would say. And the drydown... Never smelled a better sandalwood in fragrance, so luxurious, so expensive smelling. This one is a must in terms of scent.

In terms of projection, that is a different story. If you pay 160 USD for 100ml, you expect at least 8 hours of longevity (well, I do), but that is not happening here. 1-2 hours of mediocre projection and 5-6 hours of longevity with slight sniffs of sandalwood after 7th hour. That is the possible downside of this fragrance.

Do I regret the purchase? HELL NO! Will I buy another bottle? I do not know, blue fragrances are everywhere and I found myself not reaching for it that much anymore, but it may be psychological as I am in my last third of the bottle which is still up to this point the most expensive fragrance I ever bought (even more expensive than Creed I own). But most probably I will, I so much like the scent profile that I would personally miss it if it would not be in my collection... Can I recommend this one in 2020? That is up to you - if you like blue scents, have enough money and you do not have any BdC, go ahead and buy it.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10
Sillage: 6/10
Value: 6/10

The best blue scent
Beautifull, rich, smooth and special. Absolutly worth the money! Increadible refined comparted to its competition of other blue scents or other bleu de chanel scents. The projection is modest, but the longevity is insane (10+h). I never understood the appeal of BDC until trying out this parfum version. This one offers an intoxicating level of depth and complexity. A versatile crowd pleaser for the mature individual.
5.5

Sweet
There are many “blue” style fragrances and this one is very pleasant. However, it is not very unique and could get cloyingly sweet, especially being a high concentration “parfum”. If you like sweet fragrances this could be for you. Although a nice scent I will not be purchasing this one. It is not original enough to warrant the expense. There are too many others like it, especially from the house of Hugo Boss.

Fefewinston
Walks the line between fragrance and high art
"Bleu de Chanel" is a masterpiece of a fragrance, succeeding in almost every category--the smell is fabulous, if somewhat generic, and calls to mind class and sophistication with an exotic touch (somewhat reminiscent of what you would imagine an art gallery or a five-star hotel to smell like). Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief this is a BEAST of a fragrance and has incredible longevity and sillage so applying too much is a definite no-no in the presence of others.

It opens with a blast of fresh fruitiness and a sweet, intoxicating depth that lies just below the surface and proves to be incredibly invigorating when directly contrasted with the opening. The best comparison I could make to describe what this smells like is to call to mind the deep, dark expanse of ocean beneath the calm and gentle waves that crash overhead. As the scent progresses that initial citrus gradually fades away, then completely disappears--leaving only the abyss in its place.

It is very easy to overapply this fragrance, but it is important to remember that a little goes a long way, and this scent is NOTORIOUS for being underestimated in the fragrance community when it comes to strength and overall performance. It is very much a "parfum" in the sense that it is extremely concentrated and might even be more effective in rollerball form as opposed to a sprayer. That being said, the bottle is very nice and does a good job depicting and complementing the smell of the juice inside.

All in all, this is an incredible fragrance and a great choice for anyone new to the community, or who just wants to smell good on a daily basis. A perfect "dumb reach," it can work for any time, any occasion, and any season except for the height of the summer in warm areas, as it could be seen as overpowering in this type of environment. Other than that it is a very addictive and brilliantly constructed scent by a master perfumer.
Hypnoscent
Beautiful from the top note to the base, BUT.
The fragrance has possibly one of the best top notes ever, it starts with a mixture of sweet lemon and the warm, creamy sandalwood, you get absolutely addicted to it. After c.a. 40-60 min. the lemon fades away and a very nice smelling woody note remains, which then stays close to the skin. Personally I would wish for a slightly better performance, because this smell is simply terrific. After about 5-6 hours the scent is very faint or not noticeable at all and you have to re-spray. The price is rather in the upper segment, which is a pity because you pay a lot for the name. I hope there will be another BDC "Extreme" with the same scent but with a better H/S, then the scent would be a 10/10. Nevertheless I can recommend the scent to everyone warmest to at least try it.
Man(s) is blue again?!
Hey hey and have a good evening, perfume-loving noses.
Soo... today comes a fragrance I haven't sniffed in a long time, "Bleu de Chanel". The scent, no matter if EDT or EDP, had left a very good impression on me, but I found it a pity that it didn't last for a long time and I also found the sillage very low. Maybe my perception back then was a bit different than today, I don't know, but because I saw the new fragrance here, the perfume variant, a little while ago in the city, I really wanted to try it again and I found it quite wonderful. Of course I had to make a comment, you know me, but I just didn't get around to it. What had happened?

The thing is that after my first test the bottle or the tester had disappeared in the shop there. Yes, that's right! Disappeared!! Not sprayed empty or anything, but the whole bottle was gone. Which means that some crook probably stole it... or somehow a guy with two left hands dropped the bottle with a rattling sound (yeah, that's probably the worse reason for most perfumes, isn't it?)... somehow both reasons are bad, no wonder that there are less and less testers in the shops of some fragrances... *sigh* :D
And before you ask, I didn't see the bottle in other shops for a while... so that the fragrance was eventually forgotten and I only tested women's scents (no no, the last one was a joke, I only test women's scents because the samples I get from some of my favourite perfumers are almost all women's scents!) But through a nice perfuma I got a sample of this scent, and so I could finally test it properly.

Of course I have to tell you about it now, you know me! As I said, I am writing many (long) commissies here, whether you like it or not, ätsch. Hey hey, well then let's go!

The smell:
Hmm... interesting. Although the fragrance is listed as the twin of the other two Bleu de Chanels (i.e. EDT and EDP), there are only two fragrances listed here in the fragrance list. You can smell much more than the two fragrances.
The fragrance starts for me with lavender, lemons, soft sandalwood and a pinch of synthetics, which is common for this kind of mainstream fragrances. That's okay, because the synthetics are not cheap like in some other fragrances and therefore are absolutely not disturbing or even repulsive. In the background the scent seems to me to be slightly fruity, but somehow in a thick liquid way, hm... it's difficult to describe, I would say that you could possibly be reminded of multivitamin juice, but you hardly notice this in the scent cloud, you have to sniff the sprayed area in a really concentrated way. In addition, the scent also comes across warmer, which is very appropriate to the generally gentle aura of the scent.
In the heart note, not much seems to change and the fragrance remains as before. All right, this multi-vitamin note fades away slightly and becomes a mix of fruity and citrus scents, the sweetness now also reminds a bit of amber, otherwise it remains soft and woody (although you now start to smell the cedar out of the woods).
Towards the end the fragrance becomes increasingly woody, which together with the lavender also smells quite nice. It is still sweet and warm, but also synthetic. But as already mentioned, the synthetic doesn't bother at all. Therefore I find this Bleu de Chanel quite successful. A very nice scent.

The Sillage and the durability:
Soo... okay so not much seems to have changed at the Sillage. The scent still weakens quite a bit for me soon after spraying it on. Well, I think this one has turned out a little more intense and long-lasting than the EDP and EDT, but it could have been a bit stronger. So, if you are not necessarily standing near the scent carrier, you will hardly notice the scent...
This also makes the shelf life seem rather shorter, even if you should smell it for six to eight hours.

The bottle! The bottle has not changed at all. The fragrance is still filled in a rectangular, dark-blue bottle with the fragrance's name printed on the front. The difference is that the writing is in gold, and the blue color of the bottle seems to have been darkened a bit. The cap is black and cylindrical as before, and that's about it. In principle, the bottle is actually very simple, but the fact that it's dark and not just colorlessly transparent makes it look more elegant. Yes, I like the bottle.

Conclusion:
Well... Granted,... I don't remember Bleu de Chanel in general that well. Sure, I used to spray the scent on a test strip every now and then when I was out and about, but I'm not sure right now how strong the similarities or differences are with the other Bleus here. But anyway, there is no comparison for now. Anyway, mainstream or not, no matter if chemical, synthetic or anything else, ... as long as a fragrance smells good, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, right? And I think you can say the same about this scent, because despite the obvious synthetics, I found the scent quite good.

Of course, I am aware that Bleu de Chanel is certainly one of those fragrances that some people like, and some don't (like Aventus, except that here, with Chanel, people go a lot less crazy :D). Some people will probably associate the scent with a certain Mr. J (no, as a comic fan I don't mean the Joker for once!), because he considers the scent here (or Bleu de Chanel in general) to be one of the best men's scents and would recommend it to everyone and the gentleman here seems to get on the nerves of some people. I don't really care about him, because I don't read much about him or watch videos, but one thing you have to agree with him: The smell here or Bleu de Chanel scents are really not bad. For me not the very best scents at all, but still very nice scents and always worth a test.

However, if you haven't been able to do anything with Bleu de Chanel so far, you will certainly not like this fragrance either, and that's okay. It's the same with scents like Dior Sauvage, Gaultier perfumes, Aventus (yeah, there are people who really don't like Aventus. No, I'm not one of them, even though I wouldn't necessarily praise Aventus to the skies and make fun of it :D) It's all a matter of taste. But as I said, I would highly recommend to test this scent here! Especially because it is very good to use as an allrounder. But even if you don't know what to use, you can always spray this scent on yourself, it always works. Only for going out, I would not recommend it very much, because it is very weak and short-lived, but maybe some people are lucky and the scent will last longer?

Anyway, that's it from me again! Have a nice evening and see you later :)

Best Blue fragrance IMO
It was love at first sniff at a local Sephora store, so I tested the EDT, EDP and Parfum not of test strips but off skin, to my nose I preferred the parfum version then the EDT and EDP, so far I have several wearings of this fragrance off my skin projection was around 2-3 hrs, and longevity/performance as a skin scent around 10-12+ hrs (with body lotion unscented on pulse points) and again it depends on the skin chemistry, do apologize is a short review, as for season to wear this fragrance is great for all seasons, you can dress it casually, dressed it up or dressed it down, business casual-work/office scent and a date night as well, but my take on this fragrance as an overall score is an 8.5 out of 10, it is the best blue fragrance currently in the market IMO.
Bleu de Best!
Of course this scent is too expensive. Of course this scent doesn't make anything new. Of course this scent is a Bleu de Chanel!
In my opinion, the best of the lot. Starts fresh sweet and develops rather in the woody direction. At this concentration I simply smell this lemon peel and ISO E Super. This makes the woody notes look much sweeter :D if you know what I mean ;) Can also be used great for dates or as a suit scent. For the casual look I would rather not recommend it.

Sillage and durability is well perceived and does its job. Also find that it doesn't get as annoying as Dior Sauvage in the long run and it always keeps its class. I also don't understand why the scent is so much appreciated. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's simply from Chanel and people probably always expect them to create something completely new instead of developing what's already in the assortment.

10/10 compliments I have unfortunately not yet received with this fragrance. In my opinion it is also a bit too classic to celebrate. Nevertheless, still the best of his line which is great for the office, going out or on dates.

In any case, check it out and try it out without being taken in!

Nik604Nik604 21 hours ago
Still.. the EDT is the best version of all - in this case , fatter and sweeter does not mean better in my book..
KuraiKurai 22 days ago
Smoky and cold, typical for the Bleu line. Of the three (EdT, EdP, P) this one is least spicy, least blue, but has the best woods by far
JulphJulph 3 months ago
Woody, citrus with a little hint of spices.

Very basic notes that were blend together beautifully by Chanel.

It is the best of Bleu line.
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 5 months ago
It's one of the best elegant smells that you can have, way ahead of its time for sure. Not mainstream, just a modern classic made right!
ThodorisS3ThodorisS3 6 months ago
I think the best of the bleu line...
MillanderMillander 12 months ago
This one is heavier and woodier than the other two. I use this in colder weather.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
It's woodier and stronger than the EdP version witha a zesty lemon opening and less incensy. I guess I prefer the scent of the EdP version.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
If this would be done by a different brand than Chanel It would have the same succes? It is nice citrus smell but not much better than zara
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
The only one from the line that is rather pleasant. Still not a fantastic scent by any means
ElqwertyElqwerty 2 years ago
3.5
I really had high hopes but after I sprayed this on me somebody commented "why did you put on so much cologne?" And looked with a dirty face

Schau mir in die Augen
by Flanker
by Integral
by Integral
by Graybeard
Ich dachte, das ginge gestern online, sollte ein Valentinsgruß sein, egal, dann verspätet
by sebjar
by Drakecito
by ThodorisS3
by ThodorisS3

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel