Bleu de Chanel Parfum (2018)

Bleu de Chanel Parfum is a new perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Cedar, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor Gaspard Ulliel.

10.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

So beautifully imperfect
The fragrance is outstanding, basically a bleu as I wished it to be and in my opinion the best of the line so far.

The sandalwood instead of citrus/grapefruit gives it character, lets it smell valuable, masculine and noble. By the way, he loses zero in terms of freshness or suitability for everyday use. In my opinion, there is also no reason for it not to be worn, it is insanely universally applicable, without resembling an identity-less shampoo breeze, in which nobody is bothered.

Basically an almost uncanny perfect all-rounder, if there weren't the well-known performance problem, which you also know from the other Bleus, also present here. First of all, I definitely don't expect any shelf life/sillage bomb from this type of fragrance. The bottom line is it's a fresh fragrance. Despite that, it breaks
i almost feel the heart that I come at 5 Spühstößen with Ach and noise on just between 2-3 hours. At the price of 90 Euro/50ml this is definitely not enough. Just then, when I think that I can spray the day distributed, the increased price calls itself into my memory here at the place just.

All in all it is a great fragrance, I currently wear it in the office and in my spare time and don't want to miss it. The bottle looks great (the best blue!) and I hope very much that I can still enjoy the pleasure of being able to correct the performance a little bit higher over a longer period of time.
3.0 2.0 4.0 5.0/10

Drakecito
What they call luxury in this new era.
Well, nothing. More of the same, of the same, of the same ...

Difficult to differentiate from his sisters, very similar in everything.
Opens with citrus, to dry in the same woody roll as usual, with insignificant nuances, with that wood something more noticeable in this version. That deodorant Axe remains, perhaps less marked in this Parfum than in his two sisters.

Above all at its base, it feels quite synthetic and cheap.

It doesn't smell bad, of course. It is pleasant, although somewhat tasteless. Without charisma or distinction and suitable for office use, etc. .. and eye, perhaps it is the one that best smells of the three and I would dare to say that of all its competition ..

As I say, very poor performance. Stop projecting after 5-10 minutes, staying very close to the skin. It lasts around 2-3 hours on skin, maybe more if you stick a lot and "look for it" and about 5-6 on clothes.

Of "Parfum" it has very little and of the 3, it is the one that worse works and it gives me that it is the aspect where Chanel is hiding all the rot of his launches, or seen in another way, what is ballasting them.

Laughter price A true eschatological joke.
8.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

Bleu de Grandios
For me, the best in the line. I find the shelf life quite neat for a fresh perfume. He's not a Sillage monster, but a perfume shouldn't kill anybody. Would definitely place him in the age range of Ü25. (In advertising, the guy is not under 20 either, is he?, :)) From me in any case a thumbs up
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

The longest lasting Bleu
This guy isn’t quite as “potent” as the EDT, it’s longer lasting than both the EDT and EDP, and it’s probably the most versatile of the 3, which is why I chose it. It seems to almost disappear to the wearer, but it is definitely there, for the full stint of the workday. A solid 8-10 hours easy, and while the projection bubble has a short radius it does indeed resonate with a great sillage trail; people WILL know when you are/were nearby. It’s quite easy to wear, and it GRABS the compliments easily. It’s not overbearing, and it’s mellow enough to be a signature scent you wear to work.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

The more mature blue
As Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum owner, I was naturally curious when I found a small sample of the newest Bleu de Chanel derivative in the package with Guerlain Homme. First, I asked myself whether there was any difference between the two. So I sprayed my Eau de Parfum on the left and the 2018 version on the right. The opening is indeed similar in both, but the differences are immediately noticeable without the need for concentrated smelling. The new Bleu de Chanel is just as slightly citric in its opening, but by no means as strong as the Eau de Parfum. Instead, a very pronounced woodiness dominates here, which only sets in much later on the left wrist. In eau de parfum, the lemon is still clearly perceptible and wrapped in wood. In the perfume, this wood is much stronger and the freshness is somewhat more in the background. It thus appears much darker, more mature and is definitely something for the, in my opinion, more sophisticated clothing style, while the "more youthful" Eau de Parfum is also casually well wearable.
In perfume, for example, we are dealing with an even more adult variant of the Eau de Parfums, which in my opinion is already an adult, and which, by the way, is on the same level in terms of shelf life and sillage.

My opinion: If you have the Eau de Parfum like me, you don't have to buy the 2018 Bleu.

It already was. I know, my comment is not very detailed, but somehow there was not so much to write about this fragrance.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Bakerscookie
The best version of "Bleu" yet.
First of all: The wheel is probably not reinvented with a fragrance like Bleu de Chanel. Accordingly, I find the wave of criticism that Bleu's 2018 version of "Parfum" is also being criticized here understandable. Whether it is justified, however, that is the question...

In my opinion, even a house like Chanel with a mainstream fragrance like Bleu should not be forbidden to adapt its releases to the current time. So I don't think it's a bad thing that a "revised" version will be released in 2018, regardless of the fragrance. I am now in possession of all three concentrations and I think they have managed quite well.

I first got to know the original "Bleu DNA" when I was 18, when I started to deal with scents for the first time. At that time, I only knew one Hilfiger aftershave, which I had received as a gift once, and just One Million, which turned out to be an instant mistake. But well, fragrances like Bleu or Terre d'Hermès seemed more exclusive and "more bang for my buck" to me, as you can understand. Unfortunately, I didn't have the "buck" part at that time, which is why it stayed with the turquoises during an occasional encounter.

From today's point of view, the EdT smells like a toilet block to me at first. So much hot citrus in the opening, is that bergamot? Whew! I'll have to deal with that first. Fortunately, this ebbs away and leaves behind the typical "blue" scent, which has so often been copied by different houses. But to be honest, one of the better ones right from the start, probably because the citric freshness remains a little longer and relatively quickly for me at that time indefinable woody notes are added. The EdP, on the other hand, goes directly with a very sweet and hardly spicy lemon into the solid. And she's really very cute and it stays that way for a while. Almost like dextrose. What were they thinking? A little sandalwood in the drydown nestles imperceptibly to the lemon and supports it in its lemoniness and with increasing duration the Eau de Parfum for me goes almost in an oriental direction.

Actually already a quite chic alternative to the youthfully fresh Eau de Toilette. But to be honest, I already wanted more wood from the first smell of the EdP version. I don't like things like Invictus Aqua or Hawas. Especially not this new "Y Eau de Parfum" from YSL, a completely superfluous fragrance that can hardly be surpassed in sweetness.

And that brings us to the Bleu de Chanel perfume. As if someone had answered my prayers at Chanel, the original Bleu DNA is present in the perfume version, but with much more sandalwood and less citrus. I find it interesting that the appearance here seems to be reversed: first the wood comes, then later the fruits. As a result, the fragrance appears to me darker, more mature, more adult and also rounder, because the exhausting beginning is missing. The fragrance is also much denser, more complex than the other two. The sandalwood is a very light one. But was also to be expected at Chanel. All in all, I think it is a very good composition and a worthy update - I doubt that the youngest ones will take advantage of the perfume concentration, and that's why it fits quite well, or not?

I can't complain about shelf life and Sillage, by the way. I experience it more often that Extrait is tighter on the skin than EdT or EdP, and as long as I get enough of it (which is quite the case here), I'm not complaining. Because I wear scents mainly for myself, not for others.
10.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

Chevalier
If you succeed too early, you start copying yourself. Friedensreich Hundertwasser
The highly acclaimed blue has its own small shrine at the turquoise, next to it stands the eau de toilette as a tester. If it is presented in such a way, it must be a top smell or the saleswomen have still nothing new in stock, which they can present. Actually I wanted the Guerlain habit rouge dresscode issue 2018, the nice lady first unfortunately didn't know what the habit rouge is, then when she showed it to me, she told me, she has never seen this dressigen before. Another story, so I went one rack further and discovered it in its true blue splendour.
The splendour in the color is great, the bottle I find also quite nice, the smell. Where the hell is he? After a little more than half an hour, this magnificent guy has almost disappeared. Too bad for one with the perfume in his name. Sometimes I find it difficult to wash off certain eau de toilettes after a test, they are so strong, then again this bleu which somehow does not really want to pass in concentration as perfume.

The impression of freshness at the beginning is very good and I also had a grin on my face. Unfortunately, nothing came after that. Very linear and no change. That doesn't bother me, in general I'm a proponent of products that don't change much, I understand the whole babble from the top note, heart note to the base note, but it's a pity if the base note is already there, this after less than half an hour.

The producer Olivier Polge has created a few Wummser, I mean the Valentino uomo or the Invictus which are both Sillage sizes. This one, which is not bad, to call a perfume is a little too marketing fantasy. Of course, we all like good, safe and long-lasting fragrances. Then I must reach out to others, unfortunately not this one.

I really like the cedar, it looks a bit woody but also has ambroxan in it, otherwise I can't explain the extreme freshness at the beginning. But probably it will be citrus chords that mix in.

For all who are looking for a pleasant and long-lasting fragrance, can take the normal eau de toilette. In the beginning it is even a bit stronger because of the pepper, after that both hardly differ at all.
Here clearly too much wanted and too little achieved.
7.0 4.0 3.0 6.5/10

Fresh paint for boredom?
"Rarely been so disappointed by a fragrance" unfortunately I don't think about it so seldom anymore the last few months. Does this have anything to do with the samples I get from them in turquoise? Maybe. Why am I mentioning this? BdC perfume reminds me that BdC exists. But I have to admit that lately I have tended towards dramaturgy; the disappointment does not necessarily stem from the quality of the work, but rather from my sometimes snobbish elitism. Bleu de Chanel, whether EdT, EdP or just P, is not bad, but by far not good either.

The perfume resembles the eau de parfum and the eau de toilette like an egg to another. No matter if the skin is different or not, the variance in taste is very small anyway, but that's why I'm writing this comment here. The opening is dominated by mandarin with vetiver. Citric-sweet, but also earthy, musty, a little smoky. Bad combination, I think. After a few minutes the sandalwood comes out that it is New Caledonian, I dare to doubt. Very. And then a little shy Tonka and Bleu de Chanel Parfum is ready.

As previous speakers have already said: the differences are very small. Apart from the suddenly embarrassing performance, most people don't pay much attention to the small differences, for example that the EdP contains more lemon than mandarin. I like trying to nuance so fine, but then Chanel shouldn't do that first, it's a good match for online mix-it-yourself providers, but a primary rock? and second, the perfume should be more than just passable.

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Pseudo-exclusivity
As has already been explained in detail elsewhere, I am not someone who condemns the perfume industry for wanting to make a profit. The `C´in Chanel certainly does not stand for Caritas, and that is also absolutely okay. Supply and demand. It's not a vital good - so it'll settle on its own.

Nevertheless, for once I can't help but focus on the topic of price/performance in a commentary. Never before has it fitted so perfectly for me, because never before has there been so little to say about the scent itself as here. In principle you could copy & paste all comments to the EDP here. I have now tested the two against each other twice in parallel and both times I come to the same result: The differences are so marginal that they wouldn't even be sufficient for a discussion about different batches in Aventus.

Now one can certainly argue whether it would not be desirable for a "perfume" to smell just like an EDT or EDP, which by definition only differ in concentration. It is certainly not always the case that (as with many flanks) EDT and EDP often do not have more in common than the same name. D´accord, objection accepted. Only then one should be able to expect at least this one, i.e. a stronger intensity. But also in this respect there is no sign of this. Worse still, the perfume remains even closer to the skin than the EDP. I summarize: minimal deviations in the fragrance, negative deviations in the performance and again minimal deviations in the bottle. Okay, admittedly, it's fancy.

So what's left of this Bleu de Chanel in the perfume version? He's not bad, despite everything. But who on earth needs less power at a higher price? Is the pretence of false facts, outrageous or simply a good marketing to maximize profits? My opinion: the only relevant difference between EDP and perfume is not in the product but in the target group. There are certainly more than enough buyers who are prepared to dig deeper into their pockets for the appearance of higher exclusivity. For all the others who, like me, are only interested in fragrance, this Bleu de Chanel perfume is easy to describe: unnecessary

My review of Chanel Bleu De Chanel Parfum on YouTube
This is my Chanel Bleu De Chanel Parfum Review, Bleu De Chanel Parfum by Chanel Fragrance Review. It's finally out and ready for us to get totally excited about the new Chanel flanker to Bleu De Chanel, Bleu De Chanel Parfum. Is it worth it? Back in late December of 2017 I first found out that there would be a new flanker to Chanel Bleu De Chanel so I was very excited in the new Chanel Bleu De Chanel flanker. I even did a video back in early March 2018 about my excitement and anticipation for the new Chanel Bleu De Chanel flanker here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiXrGKL0dp4 But find out by watching all about what I think fo this new Chanel Bleu De Chanel flanker called Bleu De Chanel Parfum. Am I still as excited about this release as I was back when I first found out about it? To find out please watch my video! Thank you. :)

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

AnjaTom
The dark side of the Force!
Finally! He's here...ordered as a preview at Chanel...and what can I say...it's exactly what I expected! First of all...of course he is very close to the EDP...as expected...

Fragrance:
Alone in the Dark...darker than the EDP, stronger bitter...but without...like the EDP never did...losing the typical DNA!
In spite of everything there is a certain amount of freshness...so the EDP should have been from the beginning. A great balance of fresh and woody!

Shelf life and silage:
Currently since I have him completely new you can still say little to it...but he seems to me a little closer than the EDP...durability....I hope times the mistakes of the EDP are repaired! But I good things!

Flacon...now all in black blue...even the last silver part of the bottle is now black! Great!

I just can't help but give this scent a 10! Even if he's less universal than his two brothers...
He's more into a shirt/suit than a casual! But even that's a matter of taste again!

My first Chanel blind purchase...but surely one where I knew best what to expect!

Update 05/21/2018:

Unfortunately I had to correct the Sillage and durability a little bit downwards in the meantime.
Still absolutely okay for me!
I personally think that the scent performs much better indoors than outdoors.

JoaoMartins 9 months ago
The only one from the line that is rather pleasant. Still not a fantastic scent by any means
Elqwerty 12 months ago
I really had high hopes but after I sprayed this on me somebody commented "why did you put on so much cologne?" And looked with a dirty face+1
6.0

by Vmaster
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel