Chance

Eau de Parfum (2002)
Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Chance (Eau de Parfum) (Chanel)
Chance (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2002. The scent is flowery-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Scent 10.0/10
2 Awards
The real addiction.
It's not my scent.
It's not for everyday use.

And yet- I love it for the feeling it gives:
I feel like a real woman- sexy, confident and beautiful.
I feel like every man can be mine.
I feel like the whole world will be in my hands.
I am addicted to this perfume.
Bottle 2.5/10
Scent 1.0/10
1 Award
A One Spice Dish Of Pepper
I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 5.0/10
3 Awards
Pink Peppercorn Plastic Patchouli
Chanel CHANCE seems to be intended for the same market as ALLURE (which I love) and is quasilinear as well, but somehow it doesn't measure up. My problem with this edp can be summed up in four p's: pink peppercorn plastic patchouli.

Somehow the pink peppercorn mingles with the patchouli and the musk to produce a plastic smell. I love patchouli, but here it really does seem to have the texture of an artificial plant, which will stay green until the end of time, adorned with finely ground pink pepper powder that crescendos all the way to the drydown, the four p's.

I won't say that I cannot wear CHANCE, but there are so many better choices out there. I certainly do not consider CHANCE to be a member of the illustrious chypre category. Not sure where this one falls. Perhaps it is sui generis: pink peppercorn plastic patchouli (I didn't get much pineapple...)
Bottle 7.5/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
Chance
Chance is a younger and more vibrant sister of the Chanel Sisters sweet and a bit sassier then of the more
reserved iciness of Chanel no 5's and the Les Exclusives
series Opens in my opinion a sweet vanilla gourmand or
to be placed in the oriental vanilla category The interplay of Pineapple and Vanilla is sort of a break
of the usual routine of cold Aldehydes and crisp green
notes that is a trademark of a Chanel Perfume;
Chance is a like breath of fresh air A fragrance for a
Chic and independent young Woman who wants to have fun
without being childish The drydown turns spicy with
pink pepper Lemon adds a zesty touch, Hyacinths and Irises changes Chance to a Metallic with a cloying
factor which can be Overwhelming The finishing is sweet and woodish opens with sweet patchouli lies
against patches of diluted musk Vetiver closes
Chance with nuances of dry Woods,

Chance is a Luminous beauty glows with a inner youth
and positivity that invites us in it's realm.
Bottle 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
Elegant and Versatile
Chanel’s Chance is a fragrance that I could never go wrong with. Elegant, polite and sophisticated, it always works for me no matter what the occasion is. The fragrance reminds me of a fine crystal with a simple but elegant construction, clear and precise lines and impeccable symmetry. There are no elaborate ornaments but the clarity of this scent feels relaxing and energizing at the same time. Somehow the focal point of this fragrance is always me, not the scent. It smells fresh, clear, transparent and modern but very sophisticated.

Chance opens with a fresh and aromatic citruses mixed with the pink pepper. The pineapple note is there but it is definitely not overripe or sweet one. It smells fresh and light. I also get a light patchouli note right from the start. I love how patchouli is used in this fragrance. It gives nice accent to the top, heart and bottom notes but it NEVER overpowers the other notes. The heart notes are transparent and light jasmine and hyacinth. The dry down is a mix of woody vetiver and patchouli with just a hint of vanilla.

The sillage and longevity are medium but I normally reapply the scent during lunch and dinner anyway as the dry down gets a bit light with my skin chemistry. I definitely recommend this scent.

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)
Bottle 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Take the chance or leave it
I can understand the popularity surrounding this fragrance. I would classify Chance as being much more of a casual and youthful fragrance when compared to other classic Chanel perfumes. The pineapple, pink pepper and iris are really strong in this composition. It was hard for me to detect any of the other notes.

As I said before, I think this would make a great casual, daytime scent, however it has enough class to be worn during the night-time. Like all Chanel perfumes, this one has great lasting power and a strong, definite and classy smell.

Edit: I have since added Chanel Chance EDT to my collection. My initial observations are still in place.

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Beige (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel