Chance Eau Fraîche 2007 Eau de Toilette

Chance Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
TeakwoodTeakwood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.10.2021.

Cedar fresh
Eau Fraiche? Well, don't expect a 'body mist' type of lightness. This is in fact an Eau de Toilette concentration and it also behaves that way in terms of longevity and sillage. Still, Chance Eau Fraiche remains light and fresh overall, especially compared to other Eaux de Toilette by Chanel.

Although there is some citrus in the opening, it is the cedar note that gives a persisting coolness. At the same time there's a vetiver-driven vibrance typical for Chanel perfumes. In the base you get a familiar powder-wood-musk combination, which feels like a lighter version of the base in Coco Mademoiselle.

Chance Eau Fraiche is light, airy and somewhat refreshing. Not particularly outspoken or excellent. Just generally uplifting and easy-going. It seems most suitable in spring time. On the hottest summer days, I expect that the vibrance could be a bit too much.

Mozart1756
Great unisex makes you alive with citruses!
Wow, I see parfumo people dont care this one. I have to say I HATE lots of Chanel scents in normal woman collection. Did I try? Yes. But they have ''weird'' combinations. I strongly hate coco mademoiselle edp and Chance edp especially. And people say = they are crowd pleaser?? I dont know anybody around me like them. So in Sephora's I pass Chanel line. One Day... Dont have much hope and tried this one. I didnt expect myself to like Chanel woman scent that much. And now... THATS THE CROWD PLEASER! (If a person not having problem with citrus smell) Opening =very bright /sunny /happy citruses. Middle= then bit cedarwood/teakwood. Its simple and can gain likes! My grandmother, mother, darling like too. Eau fraiche =means low concentration. So dont wait long times on skin/ clothes. But for that citrus aroma its good at longevity for me. (Also citrus things are bad at longevity) Its pretty unisex ;I can imagine male use. Right now its my 2nd fave Chanel scent in woman line.

Fresh and Pleasant
Any time I order from Chanel, they always send me a couple of samples with my order. This was one of the samples I received. It has been sitting in my parfum cupboard with a ton of other samples for at least two years now. I want to try to use up a lot of my samples, so today after my bath, I chose Chance eau Fraiche as it seemed a good choice for this extremely hot weather.

I agree with many other reviewers that it is a nice fragrance. It is fresh and refreshing indeed, and it is a very good choice for hot, sticky weather such as we have at the moment. However, I do not think it is worth Chancel prices, and if I wanted to purchase a fresh, citrus type fragrance, I would opt for the dreamy Fleurs de Cedrat from Guerlain, but this is my own personal taste. I am sure others would opt for the Chanel.

I rated this fragrance two and half stars because whilst it smells nice enough, but for a Chanel, I do not find it special in any way, and as I said before, I think it is overpriced for what it is. I cannot imagine this fragrance could possibly offend anyone, so it could be worn virtually anywhere day or night. I also think it is quite unisex. It projects nicely and has decent silage for the first couple of hours, but then it becomes a faint skin scent. Longevity is not very good on my skin.

As always, if possible, try before you buy.

Fragrance: 4/10
Silage: 5/10
Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 4/10

Chance Eau Fraîche
This is a unusual frangrance for chanel
because chanel usualiy makes deep orienals woodsey and aldehydes.
but this is a treat. it's a crisp bright
Frangrance the feeling of springtime
with the sun glairing though the flowers
the citeruses and woods will brighten
your day but it can be a bit overwelming

A burst of freshness
Very refreshing, cooling and pleasant. A perfect scent for Spring and Summer in my opinion.

Chance eau Fraiche opens with the citrusy sourness of the lemon and the woodsy quality from the cedar, creating a damp yet clean opening. In some ways the scent is slightly masculine, reminiscent of many citrus based male scents.

I was starting to fear that I would dislike this fragrance until it began to merge into the middle notes of soft florals which blended nicely. This floral blend is sweet yet crisp, maintaining that wonderful Summery feeling.

The drydown was good but not great. While I wasn't really impressed with the strange blend of musk, vetiver, patchouli, woods and iris, I was rather pleased that the patchouli wasn't strong and headache-inducing like patchouli usually is for me.

Overall, Chance eau Fraiche is a fantastically unique, bright and sophisticated fragrance. It carries Chanel's great lasting power and doesn't fail in making you feel as if every cent was well spent.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 months ago
Pleasant but not perfectly balanced for an eau fraiche: the cedar top note is too noticeable and almost masculine and it covers the bouquet

by Tais
by SweetApricot
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel