Chance Eau Fraîche (2007) Eau de Toilette

Chance Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesCedar, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Pink pepper, Water hyacinth
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Iris, Musk, Patchouli, Teakwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2019

5.0 5.0 4.0 5.0/10

Fresh and Pleasant
Any time I order from Chanel, they always send me a couple of samples with my order. This was one of the samples I received. It has been sitting in my parfum cupboard with a ton of other samples for at least two years now. I want to try to use up a lot of my samples, so today after my bath, I chose Chance eau Fraiche as it seemed a good choice for this extremely hot weather.

I agree with many other reviewers that it is a nice fragrance. It is fresh and refreshing indeed, and it is a very good choice for hot, sticky weather such as we have at the moment. However, I do not think it is worth Chancel prices, and if I wanted to purchase a fresh, citrus type fragrance, I would opt for the dreamy Fleurs de Cedrat from Guerlain, but this is my own personal taste. I am sure others would opt for the Chanel.

I rated this fragrance two and half stars because whilst it smells nice enough, but for a Chanel, I do not find it special in any way, and as I said before, I think it is overpriced for what it is. I cannot imagine this fragrance could possibly offend anyone, so it could be worn virtually anywhere day or night. I also think it is quite unisex. It projects nicely and has decent silage for the first couple of hours, but then it becomes a faint skin scent. Longevity is not very good on my skin.

As always, if possible, try before you buy.

Fragrance: 4/10
Silage: 5/10
Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 4/10
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Chance Eau Fraîche
This is a unusual frangrance for chanel
because chanel usualiy makes deep orienals woodsey and aldehydes.
but this is a treat. it's a crisp bright
Frangrance the feeling of springtime
with the sun glairing though the flowers
the citeruses and woods will brighten
your day but it can be a bit overwelming
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

A burst of freshness
Very refreshing, cooling and pleasant. A perfect scent for Spring and Summer in my opinion.

Chance eau Fraiche opens with the citrusy sourness of the lemon and the woodsy quality from the cedar, creating a damp yet clean opening. In some ways the scent is slightly masculine, reminiscent of many citrus based male scents.

I was starting to fear that I would dislike this fragrance until it began to merge into the middle notes of soft florals which blended nicely. This floral blend is sweet yet crisp, maintaining that wonderful Summery feeling.

The drydown was good but not great. While I wasn't really impressed with the strange blend of musk, vetiver, patchouli, woods and iris, I was rather pleased that the patchouli wasn't strong and headache-inducing like patchouli usually is for me.

Overall, Chance eau Fraiche is a fantastically unique, bright and sophisticated fragrance. It carries Chanel's great lasting power and doesn't fail in making you feel as if every cent was well spent.

Lexa 3 years ago
The best of the Chances.Strong,fresh,woody ambery fresh,love it.I even sense an unisex accord.Vaguely but adorable.Spring-summer perfume.+3

by Lanto
by Vawallpa
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel