Chance Eau Vive 2015 Eau de Toilette

Chance Eau Vive (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orangeBlood orange GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris CedarCedar

Submitted by Danina, last update on 09.04.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Fresh
This Chanel Vive EDT can be worn anywhere. It’s fresh with juicy grapefruit and a touch of floral. Nothing crazy here—it’s simple and youthful. I don’t believe anyone will notice you, but sometimes we want that. It’s perfect for a hot summer’s day when too heavy of a scent would cause a migraine. I like this one. Not for everyday, but definitely one to reach for when there’s no A/C.
Advocatus diaboli
...I am today and say: I like Chance Eau Vive.

And in the eyes of some readers, that probably makes me look like a philistine. I have to admit: A classic Chanel scent is Chance Eau Vive actually not. Many of the previous speakers have even said that not only is he not a classic, he is not Chanel at all, and this criticism is absolutely justified. Who knows and loves No. 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Allure etc. etc., etc., really wonders with this citric fragrance how on earth he made it into the Chanel program. For me he is the Jon Snow of this house: Almost everyone around him thinks that he does not belong to it, even scratches the honour of the house - by his mere presence. But I like him.

I have to defend him against the accusation that Chance Eau Vive smells cheap. And there are quite citric scents, which for me do not show any olfactory difference to sink or inexpensive shower gel. "Light Blue, for example. With Light Blue I am of the opinion that the quality of the fragrance experience does not match the price called for. But Chance Eau Vive has this fresh lightness, which is a pure relief especially in summer. Because even if he is not a classic Chanel, he is not levelless. He is not the grande dame at the opera ball, but the young girl who cools her feet in the stream in summer.

At the opera ball the barefoot girl with wet feet is naturally out of place. The reason I still like it isn't because I have an aversion to the grande dame. On the contrary, I know, own and appreciate several Chanel classics. * But ball gown at 30°? Whew. Because the feet belong in the cool stream, and Chance Eau Vive on the skin.
*If you look at my collection now and you don't find any: I'm new here and my collection according to Parfumo is still incomplete. Easy, easy ;-)

1 short view on the fragrance
ScentwitchScentwitch 1 year ago
Fresh and citrusy. Easygoing. You can wear it anywhere.

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Parfum) by Chanel