Chance 2002Eau de Toilette

Chance (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Hyacinth, Iris, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Citrus fruits
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Sickperfume, last update on 10.01.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

A new Chanel - Chic understatement
A young Chanel chic understatement with its own charm

This edt starts citrusy and gently spicy.
It is fresh and radiant, like a Granny Smith apple for breakfast, only more elegant, light-footed. There is no question of oppulence. But the fragrance is not too well-behaved and the pineapple note gives it a twist that should not be underestimated. It definitely has recognition value. Chance doesn't get too sweet, but pleasantly powdery and slightly warm. A small seduction or promise resonates, but with captivating lightness.
Patchouli, here in bright and natural form, grounds the fragrance and ensures that it does not drift into triviality. A feeling that creeps over me when drinking a wine spritzer.
Wine spritzer is nothing half and nothing whole - fortunately, this evil does not happen to Chance. He knows what he wants, but he doesn't say it directly-it's a hint.
There's nothing dusty here, a Chanel that hasn't written a story yet, but has some, if not immediately obvious, potential to do so.
The Edt welcomes you openly, but not obtrusively, in the base it gives you a friendly, but distant hand.
Great- for young women who have success or want to become successful, who are ambitious and for older, young at heart, who do not take life bitterly serious and enjoy with style.
This fragrance has a clear style, but he just does not impose. That speaks for him.
As great as I find this Edt, I wonder why I have not worn it for several years. It will move back in and was with Burberry Brit one of my first fragrances.
The Edp says me surprisingly not so completely, because in my opinion is there the light magic crushed, which is just called new beginning.
"And every beginning has an inherent magic that protects us and helps us to live"
-Hermann Hesse.
Almost the same notes are found in the edp, but the fruity tingle is lost in vanilla and patchouli. It is a lot warmer and will therefore also rightly find friends.
For an Edt Chance is very durable.
Usual quality of Chanel.
Young, cheerful, elegant. What would have stood him totally well: a leather note.
Well, eventually find the matching bag to the fragrance. No matter whether briefcase, high-quality shoulder bag or handbag. Chance, always suitable.
Sharply past just missed. Chance doesn't demonstrate, he thinks his piece and will win train-by-train. French tamed elegance. Hits the zeitgeist like no other. A story adults are only conditionally assigned to is Alice in Wonderland.
Today I picked up a very handsome edition, with illustrations by Benjamin Lacombe. A "companion piece" to the Little Prince, but one that has no place on my bookshelf, which really should change.
The two together would make a very nice gift package. If I had a teenage daughter, I would seriously consider it.
The fragrance somehow knows no age in the Edt version. Of course and rightly, one is interested in such fragrances, probably only from the age of 16. Before that, he would certainly be out of place.
For this, I'll do without a new flacon Chance for quite a while. Chance will certainly remain with us for a long time.
A fragrance that you do not have to hurry, because you suspect that soon the setting will follow.
Rose Pompon by A. Goutal creates a similar mood for me, which has little in common with Chance, apart from its freshness and lightness. It's a little more expressive, thoroughly fruity and floral, more romantic, but also restrained in an English way.
Spring Fresh.
And with Rose Pompon, too, I had to make several attempts to really appreciate it.
Chance I can imagine on most women and yet he does not sink in the huge offer. Sometimes you do feel a bit crushed in the consumer world.
Sometimes you're charmed, even though you shouldn't be. Chance is a young yet old-fashioned love, a new commitment from Chanel. Somehow, though, it polarizes, like Karl Lagerfeld.
Both Rose Pompon and Chance carry a pepper note that I really like. A little spice is essential in some cases.
Somehow, this fragrance is for those who haven't forgotten how to dream, but keep their cool in everyday life. A gentle powderiness gives it a bright iris note.
One feels here also reminded of the Chloé - fragrances, with the difference that Chance is balanced. In my perception. Chance walks on velvet paws, elegant and purposeful. A fitting drink would be sake. Or fragrant white tea with a gentle peach aroma. But Chance also fits in my second home, Düsseldorf.
Hectic not too densely populated big city, good business location with an artistic flair, on the beautiful Rhine, which forms a haven of peace.

Who can start with Chance yet not satisfied in the day, is perhaps with the L'eau - variant of the classic No. 5, well served.
The acts a little stricter and yet gentle.
The is a little finer and less pink, but does not have this fruity twist. Chanel sells dreams for everyone, whether that's good or bad is up for debate. The argument doesn't need to be decided because there is no answer, rather it is lived practice. And established.

The Corona period is reminiscent of the Biedermeier era, in one way comes to mind, in another way the opposite is true.
Enjoy testing and thanks for reading. Maybe someone will rediscover Chance for themselves-it's never too late.
My first Chanel
Chanel has always been a criterion for exclusion, because as a late teenager I once smelled a (probably older) Chanel No5 bottle and therefore Chanel was considered "old people fragrance". Granted: I still don't like No 5, but there must be a reason why this scent is so popular
Anyway, time flies and after I became a mother of two myself and developed an urgent need for cosmetics and perfume during my parental leave (I had the feeling that everything revolves around diapers and porridge), I met in a Doug.... Branch, I met a great woman who took a lot of time for me and helped me a lot. She recommended Chanel Chance to me and said that the fragrance would suit me perfectly. Of course I told her that Chanel was definitely not for me, after all I am still young! She looked at me accordingly irritated and asked if I knew the scent? When I denied and told her that I only knew No 5, she had to smile a little and encouraged me to give it a try. What a huge difference! But as I am one of those people who, after a certain time, experience spooky developments on their skin from the most beautiful scents and suddenly find themselves in a lavatory or with the worst cleaning agents from previously sweet or fruity scents, I was very careful with my enthusiasm. I then went shopping, but whenever I sniffed my wrist, I was still enthusiastic. No unpleasant smell, no premature fading of the scent or any other unpleasant surprise. That was surprising for me!

So on the way back to the perfumery and nails with heads made. So the first Chanel scent moved in and I haven't regretted it to this day. Unfortunately the possession is too long ago as that I can describe my impression exactly, but I will test it again extensively in spring and maybe even buy it, because I remember it as a beautiful and harmonious fragrance, which is not too green and pungent, but soft and flowery fresh. It caresses its wearer with a springlike bouquet of flowers. Very beautiful for spring and summer.
SignorinaFav
The scent of Sweden, or why Chance goes well with blondes :-)
First of all: It was in spring 2007 when I spent our Easter holiday with my husband in beautiful Sweden, more precisely in Stockholm. After we landed at the airport of Stockholm in the late afternoon on Good Friday and could finally move into our hotel in Östermalm in the early evening, we wanted to have a little something in the restaurant vis a vis on the recommendation of the receptionist of our hotel, specially as this restaurant is supposedly very popular for its Swedish specialities also among the locals.

No sooner said than done, hungry we entered the chic little restaurant and were very nicely received by the staff. Since Good Friday in Sweden is obviously also a big holiday and the restaurant was bursting at the seams, we were all the more pleased that the waitress was able to free a small table for us in the corner.

There we also had a good overview of the whole restaurant and its visitors. I have to say that I love being an observer in a strange city. I'm very interested in the people and their habits and I love to absorb the chaotic, quiet or family life to the fullest
Well, and there I am sitting there with my husband in the small, manageable restaurant in front of my menu as a group of Swedish young women marches past us to take a seat at the neighbouring table. In the first moment I am quite flattened at the sight of the 4 blondes, as one was prettier than the other. So there the 4 Graces with their long light blonde hair and blue eyes sat at the next table and did justice to the cliché of the Nordic beauties.

But one of the ladies stayed in my memory especially, because she not only looked beautiful, but also smelled elegantly fine, with a touch of fruity sweetness paired with a certain spiciness, which gave the fragrance the typical Chanel DNA in my opinion. The whole evening long a fine breath of this scent was wafting over to our table and I would have been on fire to ask the young lady which Chanel scent she was wearing, I was so sure about it. But in the end I did not dare to ask for it and I enjoyed the evening with my husband to the fullest with delicious Swedish food and good wine and the whole trip to Stockholm was a great experience.

But now for the fragrance:

With the first spray, a pleasantly fruity start with a peppery note is the beginning. This takes away the sweetness of the fragrance and makes it appear elegant and very feminine. Later on, a few flowers join in, but they skilfully stay in the background and give the peppery fruity note just a little polish, so as not to appear too madam-like. Thus the fragrance develops in a fine and noble way with a modern effervescence and lightness. I admit, the Chanel DNA can not be denied, it does not have to :-)

For me, it is the scent of Nordic beauties or the scent that a tall blonde of Nordic type should definitely wear, even though Chance may be standing for the one or other brunette lady as well. ;-)

And no, I'm not usually a person of the clichéd variety, but maybe as a woman I was just so surprised about the beauty of the Swedish ladies and especially the lady with the Chanel scent (I bet it was Chance) ;-)

Glück gehabt!;-)
by LaVioletta
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo
by ConnyDuft
by ConnyDuft

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel