Coco (1984) Eau de Parfum

Coco (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1984. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Pimento, Coriander, Frangipani
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang, Cinnamon, Iris, Angelica
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tonka bean, Benzoin, Frankincense, Amber, Musk, Honey, Civet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Coco (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Coco (Parfum) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Lioness
It's hard to put into words what Coco does to me.

It has an exceptional strength and self-confidence and at the same time it is incomparably warm, hugging and gentle.

She's sick of everything and nothing too little.
It can be sweet and tender, but also spicy and tart.
It radiates outwards and gets under your skin.

I wear them when I walk the streets of the capital.
She lays herself around me and protects me from all the dirt and filth, from the rough air and the noise.
But she also shows me all the beautiful places I would not have discovered alone and affirms me never to lose my curiosity.

She defends me and speaks for me when I lack the words
She embraces me and guards me
She encourages me and strengthens me

Coco is a woman - through and through.
She is caring, intimate and loving - like a mother
But at the same time she is wild, untamed and combative - like a lioness

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Coco is a Classic!
Coco was the first fragrance I got from Chanel. I tried them all. And I loved many of them equally, but Coco truly related to me as my type of fragrance. When I first got her back in 2011 at Saks Fifth Ave on 5th I tested her and she was amazing. But it wasn't until I opened my own box for the first time back at home and was able to smell her fully that I was intoxicated by how beautiful and classy she really is. First off, when I sprayed her I had never smelled anything that classy before I thought dang this stuff smells expensive. It made me feel grown up.. it made me feel like a woman. I knew Chanel No 5 was filled with Aldehydes and that fragrance is special in its own way and there is nothing like that to me on the market, but this is like it's younger mature sister..it has that aldehyde feel but lighter and fresher and sparkly with the citrus. As the tops begin to transform, you also get beautiful spices of cinnamon, frankincense and lovely roses all combined with this lovely amber. In the end, you are left with this lovely, sweet yet sophisticated fragrance that is truly overwhelming to me. It was a love at first sniff. And I treasure my bottle from 2011 because this fragrance lasts for hours easily 8+ till the next day. I will always own a bottle of this fragrance because this is what makes me love perfumes so much..the mystery..the whole experience of something profoundly new and special yet classic. This fragrance is a masterpiece.

Greatly helpful Review
Coco
In my perception Chanel was always inseparably connected with no5. I suppose that went on many so... When I began to take a serious interest in perfume, I began to poach with the ladies perfumes at some point. I don't find the gender classification fundamentally wrong, but it doesn't always help. Yes, I had to find out that Chanel also launched other fragrances than no5. :)
At least in theory Coco read himself very interesting and that's why I first got a filling of the Eau de Toilette.

Coco is initially fruity and drifts into a very intense floral spiciness. This also reproduces the heart note and radiates for hours. Jasmine may not be the main actress, but it does influence the sea of flowers. In the course of time the picture shifts in favour of more solid scents such as wood, resin and smoke. But the floral never takes off and shapes the overall impression. Soft notes such as amber and vanilla skillfully file the corners.

I'm actually writing about the eau de parfum. In my opinion, the eau de toilette really only differs in intensity. Unfortunately, it's not the rule these days.
For me personally, however, the fragrance is too feminine and frankly I see the fragrance more on women 40+. But I may be wrong...
In the end I gave away the Eau de Toilette bottling to my mother and there Coco became the signature scent. As a dear child :) I have provided of course for replenishment and finally also gave away the Eau de Parfum.

All in all, Coco is really a beautifully composed perfume for ladies that rightly has a certain status. The shelf life is very good and the Sillage at least in the beginning room filling.
I don't like Chanel no5... by the way ;)

Vonproscznow
Bathing at your own risk
Coco can do anything black can do.
The Diva
The unapproachable
The coquette
The mysterious
The affectionate
The Serious
The Unbridled
The Charming and the Pragmatic.
And even the seductress has it on her.

Coco makes a cocktail dress out of black jeans with a turtleneck, a negligee out of a twinset and a pair of velvet slippers out of plush socks. Coco even lace a suit out of a washed-out t-shirt.

Fresh out of the bottle she paints a riiiiiiiesiges Verpissdichschild, which I like to hang around for shopping, in order to keep away unpleasantly "smelling" fellow men in the queue, who usually also kick you in the heels and breathe their flag in the neck. But you should shop fast, the fuck you will get closer quickly.

Coco marks the spot very well, against Mosquitos she certainly helps ! Wild food would stay for trying. Some dogs and cats have already tried to suck Coco off my arm (no joke). I get positive reactions to Coco from both men and women. Shelf life and Sillage are good approx. 6 hours. Please don't bathe in it. That ends up either in an angry mob or like the perfume or both.

And in case it got too much, just say: "enjoy, was expensive" and counter !
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Carlitos01
It's probably the perfume she likes the best
Egypt, August 1990, somewhere between Luxor and Aswan along the Nile river. It was my second day of sailing in a felluca with a crew of three locals. I expected my trip from Luxor to Aswan to take three days and so far we had covered barely one third of the voyage.

The felucca was gently sailing up the river close to the left bank. i was slowly savouring a french "Gitanes", never tired of admiring the golden yellow banks with a strip of green bordering the river. Even today egyptian sailors prefer to border the river in the eastern side, the land of the living, the left bank for the boats going south. "Rive Gauche" I thought looking at the river sandy left banks. Too floral for this damn hot weather. I must think of something else for Giovanna. As the cigarette was about to come to an end, I started singing "Cielito Lindo" interrupting the omnipresent monumental desert silence. "I really must get a birthday present to Giovanna".

We had a fresher northern breeze till two hours earlier. Now there was no wind whatsoever and the temperature was rising. The felucca was still sailing south due to the well engineered triangular sails, but moving at a very slow pace. We still had some thirty miles before reaching Edfu, the home of the crocodile god sanctuary. Edfu does recall to all the travelers about the huge Nile crocodiles that existed in this section of the Nile. Currently only a few crocodile mummies are on display at the temple. Nowadays only after the Aswan dam lake one may see a living crocodile. Yes, lots of crocodiles, lots of croc... a Lacoste?,... a Lacoste Original! It's green and fresh but I would prefer it to be mint green. Well, if I don't come out with something more appropriated, Lacoste will be.'

Giovanna should already be waiting for me in Aswan. I really expected to arrive before her, but nobody could preview this wind lull. I grabbed another Gitanes. The strong french cigarette only made the desert seem more hot and dry, and the journey, slower. I should have rented a speed boat instead of a Felucca. I wish I could have guessed it. 'Guess... Guess Eau de Parfum... it may be an option as well.' I remembered it spicy and sweet, as well the face of Claudia Schiffer in the advertising campaign. I'll better not mix Claudia Schiffer and Giovanna in the same thought. So let's forget about Guess l'Eau de Parfum.

Another village ... in the central minaret, an Imam called the faithful to pray at the end of the day. That cry echoed over the waters of the Nile, reminding me of the Nubian smiles always on the faces of the locals who, behind us, hid behind the blue doors and white walls, whether out of inocent shame or to avoid the burning sun rays. Almost two thousand years after the ancient Egypt last active pharaoh, Ra the sun god and king of the firmament continued to dictate the movements and habits of the present subjects. Now in my mind I had the face of an imaginary Cleopatra with the face of Elizabeth Taylor. "Passion" l'Eau de Parfum by Elizabeth Taylor could be an option as well. Quite oriental and spicy,.. but also to floral. I must keep searching still.

Giovanna insisted on us meeting in Aswan for us to proceed by speed boat to Abu-Simbel. The cool waters of the Nasser lake would be a lot cooler than journeying through the desert. I just could not avoid spending some days in Kairo. But Kairo was just to hot and full of traffic for her. So she decided to fly directly to Aswan, departing from Paris and changing plane in Rome. Yes, Paris and Rome instead of Kayro... 'YSL Paris should be ok. But it has even more flowers than Rive Gauche... and Roma... Biagiotti's Roma!... full of myrrh and amber, a bit fresh, some civet, awsome flask... yeah! It could be Roma." No way! I already had given Giovanna a flask of Roma two year before. I cannot give her a repeated flask here in Nubia.

- 'Aashad Allaha! Alrba! Alrba!' ('Allah be praised! Sir! Sir!') - 'We can save some time through the juz al hind al jamal'... 'it is open despite the dry weather. You know... qanat jamal juz alhind'?
'Juz al hind al jamal', I mumbled the words slowly. My arabic was a bit rusty, or should I say, very rusty. Well "jamal" has always meant "camel"... but "al hind"? If I remember well it means "poop"... camel poop? what the hell am I going to do with camel poop?
- 'Yes! yes! 'al hind'... 'kuhkuh'... repeated Achmed pointing to his back side as trying to confirm that "kuhkuh" stands also for "poop" as in baby's poop. - 'qanat jamal kuhkuh'... 'the channel of jamal kuhkuh'...
Suddenly it made a lot of sense! Ou course!... there is an artificial chanel there, and the locals really call it "al hind channel" or "kuhkuh channel". We can save an entire day using than damn channel. I just looked at Achmed and said:
- 'Come on lads! let's use the side road! all the way to kuhkuh channel...'
My god! I should have remembered it before... Coco Chanel!... balsamic, ambery, sweet, spicy, rosy, some civet... it's perfect. It's probably the perfume she likes the best. Now, where in hell am I going to find a Coco Chanel flask in Aswan?

Scoring "kuhkuh channel":
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent opening............10.0 ( cloves, coriander and rose - divine!)
Scent Dry Down.........10.0 ( balsamic sandalwood, resinous labdanum & amber and some hints of swetness and animalic civet - long hours of a perfect scent)
Longevity (h) ..............9.0 (up to 9~10 hours with 3 sprays on skin)
Sillage (ft)....................9.0 (6~7 ft with 2.5 h of good projection)
Versatility....................9.0 (Above average pending for colder temperatures)
Usability......................9.0 (High; Not suitable for any hot temperature event)
Compliments.............10.0 (Elegant, alluring, classy, a compliment champion)
Uniqueness.................9.5 (almost unique not considering other Coco Chanel concentrations; some other perfumes sometimes have a Coco similar vibe like Dali's La Belle et L'Ocelot)
Quality.........................10.0 (well above average quality)
Presentation................8.0 (a matter of opinion)
Price..............................5.0 (€ 116 for a 100 ml EDP tester; excelence but at a cost)
- Average:................8.95/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on this admirable perfume:
High quality standard and overall very pleasant scent, elegant, making a nice choice for being so seductive, and with a lot of class! Well above average performance. Pricing a bit expensive but that's what you pay for a true landmark. It's a lot better than many more expensive niche perfumes. It has virtually no clones and remains as an unique Chanel choice. Needless to say that I consider it as unisex!
Recommended? Yes. Coco Chanel is an oriental delight and one of the most alluring scents used by my wife. It's better and less expensive than a marriage counselor, because it really keeps me very close to her!
Blind purchase worthy? Yes, but it won't be cheap.

Music: Ed Sheeran - "Perfect"
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

The most beautiful Oriental
I have the privilege to have all 3 concentrations of Coco in my collection. Of the 3, the EDP is probably best suited for daily use, if you will. It lasts a long time and you have a pleasant fragrance around you. I have to add that I have a vintage (60ml refillable bottle). I don't know what the modern formulation looks like. The EDT is simply too weak for me, the perfume is clearly of higher quality with more beautiful flowers and an even more animal undertone. Becomes quieter quickly like the EDP and therefore more suitable for an intimate date.

What I find really interesting as a young man is how wearable Coco actually is, I have associations with this fragrance with my aunt who has been wearing the fragrance for years and therefore I was a little afraid at first to wear this fragrance. But men's fragrances have become so sweet nowadays that coco is still quite spicy in comparison. Legendlich this dried fruit chord, which had become possible by a synthetic smell developed again at that time, lets guess that it concerns a lady smell.

I have worn Coco several times now and never was I looked at funny or did I get any comments. Surely nobody in the U30 generation knows her, the ladies prefer their fruity-sweet waters from Victoria's Secret. Lucky me, I'd say.

Coco belongs with Coromandel and Egoiste to my favorites for the colder half of the year. It is an incomparable masterpiece and is often seen as Chanel's answer to opium, but that would be the same as saying that opium is Ysl's answer to Shalimar. Sure, all the same fragrance family and heirs of Shlimar but each with their own personality.

The only criticism for me would be the top note. Just a lot of civet, as is often the case with older fragrances... But after a minute the spell starts :)
9.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Baroque Chanel
Coco is the drama queen among the powerful orientals of the 80’s. Moving along the spice route (Opium) towards a mellower Mellis accord, Coco is very similar to Teatro that came a year later, but where Krizia went for spices and carnations, Chanel went for plush amber and baroque orientalism.

Chanel was never one to fall for excess, but Coco, born with me on the same year, inevitably followed trends; sillage and power.
The edp I’m reviewing, a bottle from 1984, is my favorite formulation because it embodies the spirit of the fragrance perfectly.
It opens with a strong note of cloves and coriander, that lend a mellow and piquant balsamic spiciness. Subtle, with a candle light glow, along a juicy orange note that simply enhances them instead of taking over. The overripe peach is akin to Femme’s skin sensuality. Instead of fiery spices, you have the heat of the skin.
The rose and jasmine in the heart really shine and make me see why Chanel is so famed for them. Jacques Polge shows amazing dexterity.
The base further enhances the deep and mellow balsamic quality; a superb sandalwood that 100% feels like Mysore, with its suave and buttery-milky qualities, dances along the resinous labdanum, and the amber wraps itself around the opoponax. A subtle leather smell (castoreum?) dances along the civet, which in the first formulations is natural and extremely potent and sexual. For all it’s class and elegance, Coco never forgets that beneath the surface there’s desire, and Polge balances the beauty with a magnificent and feral civet; it doesn’t enhance the other notes, it shines solo.

While many orientals are famed for their spices, Coco embodies the balsamic quality of the genre. It wouldn’t feel out of place decades earlier, even though it’s excesiveness tells us that Coco comes from the mighty 80’s. If you enjoy Diva (Polge’s prototype for Coco, somewhat drier and more chypre in feel, released a year earlier), Teatro Alla Scala, Fendi, Opium and Femme, Coco is a natural progression. Dramatic, opulent, once the fur is off and the haute couture dress on the floor, manners stay out of the room. There’s only room for passion. Stunning on everyone, with a sexually ambiguous personality that refuses genre!
10.0/10

A Merry Accomplice
I'm gonna apologize in advance. This is a review of sorts but it's also my meandering thoughts about what this fragrance has meant to me. If you want a solid ingredient listing and description of Coco's phases, pass this review. If you want to know one woman's experience WEARING it, keep reading...
________________________________________________
Have you ever had a friend who was nothing but trouble? You know you’re none the better for hanging out with her but the adventures the two of you embark upon—it’s the stuff of legends! She’s the friend who’d love to bail you out of the local jail cell if it weren’t for the fact that she’s sharing a bunk with you. She’s very, very naughty but you are guaranteed a good time with this gal pal. Coco is that gal pal.

I was a good girl growing up. I never really snuck into bars before I turned twenty-one, I never crept out of my bedroom window for a secret rendezvous with young men, and I never took a discrete drag off some rebel’s cigarette. I was good. Once I turned twenty-one, all bets were off. Around the same time I received a bottle of Coco for my birthday. One whiff nearly knocked me down. (Keep in mind, I became of legal drinking age the same year Happy was released, so broad-shouldered divas such as Coco were no longer en vogue.) As a personal act of initiation, I wore Coco whenever I went out bar-hopping or clubbing with my friends. Older men wanted to “get to know me better” and women wanted me ousted from the various bars we frequented. Liquor has always had the dubious honor of being called “liquid courage” but, for me, that honor goes to Coco. She was hissing come-ons to the more experienced gentlemen behind my back and instigating fights with young, insecure women while I stood across the bar. She was a vixen, not for the faint of heart.

One night I got sloppily drunk while flirting with a gentleman fifteen years my senior when I decided to empty the contents of my purse. Sadly, I left behind my beloved bottle of Coco on the bar. Much time has passed since that fateful incident and I was recently reunited with a bottle of Coco (thank you fleaBay). It was like reuniting with an old friend who still looks as fabulous as ever. She still likes to stir up trouble but she’s mellowed with age, at least when she’s in my presence. I am curious if she still creates a social maelstrom when she’s out gallivanting with young girls and boys.

Right now, we’re reminiscing about that one time when we… Goodness, she was a bad girl but did we ever have such good times?!

~ Coco the Elegant Original ~
~ If Coco-M is playful and date worthy, and Coco-Noir is alluring and sexy then the original Coco is pure refined elegance. This parfum is meant to be worn by a self assured confident woman of great taste and charm. At first spray I get a strong soapy aldehyde that really catches this mans nose in a good way! As the very bright opening starts to settle down the Rose and Amber Coco require your full attention and I want to inhale all of the sillage at once. I get mostly spicy rose that is not bashful at all but it is the vanilla and tonka bean that motivates me to write this review. As always perfumes evoke images in my minds eye and in this sample I see a Audrey Hepburn or a Lauren Becall type wearing this beauty. Ladies Mr. Polge definitely gave the fragrance world a gift in this masterpiece!
Kind Regards, Plat ~
10.0 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Timeless Elegance of Chanel
There are many perfumes from 80s era that I admire for their flamboyant style even though I feel that they are too overpowering and too loud for me to wear. Not Coco. It has style, complexity and exciting flair of 80s but when I wear it I always feel like a lady, which I find true about many other Chanel scents. Coco has an edge but a classy one. It has a strong presence and character but it carried in an elegant and sophisticated way. It is sultry but well-behaved. There is not one note in the composition that I find out of place. For me it is an evening scent that goes so well with sharp-looking dress and 4-inch heels. High class and timeless.

I am always wary of usage of coriander in perfumes but in the opening of Coco, Jacques Polge masterfully mixes it with soft fruity and citrus notes. It keeps the opening interesting and unique. The jasmine note adds elegance but in no way it is overpowering or indolic here. It mingles lovely with the rest of the notes as the scent unveils slightly spicy and sultry bouquet of orange blossoms and rose. There is a lovely note of sandalwood that is noticeable right from the start. I love how it gives the scent this deep, multidimensional tone. The sandalwood and labdanum prevails in the dry down on my skin warmed up but only slightly by tonka bean and vanilla.

Overall score is 8.5/10. Elegant, complex and unique, Coco is a classic scent that I definitely recommend. The sillage and longevity is excellent. You will not need to re-apply during the evening event and might still smell it next morning.

A real troublemaker!
This never fails: Absolutely every single time I have worn Coco (vintage parfum) I have gotten more male attention than I know what to do with. I have tested it while all dressed up, dressed for business, and frankly dressed down in all frumpy glory, sweats and Uggs headed to the convenience store, stringy hair and all.
And everytime, it's the same thing: the guys are acting like I'm some kind of cat in heat releasing clouds of "f*ck me" scent, it's unbelievable.

I have tested it while out with my man, and even with his 6'6" frame looming over me, they still give me huge smiles and try to make conversation while tripping all over themselves.

The thing is, Coco is not even my favorite scent, lol. I don't believe it smells all that differently on me than it does on other women, so I cannot explain its effects because no other perfume does that, on me.
I've gotten compliments on various fragrances, sure.
But Coco is the one scent I flat out refuse to wear if I'm not ready to handle loads of male attention.

So what does it smell like?
It's an oriental built on a major amber chord, introduced by dried peaches and spices, resting on a smooth, warm leather base.
The flowers keep the scent from getting too butch, too masculine, and the musk/civet combo impart that "almost too personal" feel that has some people blush up to their ears.
But many fragrances have musk and civet in them, but not all of those act as mating juice, so WHAT is it about Coco?

It is, I believe, a spice that is missing from the above list, but that is a key player from the heart notes to the base and remains a constant throughout the entire drydown: The spice is called Cascarilla, it is originally from the Caribbean, and it is used to flavor various alcoholic drinks. Its scent is similar to some musks, albeit with a clear aromatic edge, and it is known for its euphoric and calming properties.
(depending on the dosage, it can be a tonic or a mild sedative)
But in some cultures, Cascarilla is also touted as an aphrodisiac, though I have not been able to find out if it is by ingestion or purely by olfaction.

Whatever it is, I really believe that this note, blended with the rest of the composition, is responsible for the success of Coco on the market (It was, at one time, a top seller in Europe) and the reason for so many unexplained incidents in its sillage vicinity, lol.

Licentious mischief, to say the least.

Jazz Club Chanteuse
So then, I've made a full circle! Back in 1985 when Coco was launched in South Africa, I had a part time job with the company that oversaw its release here. I participated in the launch in various department stores with great gusto, liberally dousing myself and anyone within arm's reach! The commercial played relentlessly on monitors all around the store and I became enamoured of Ines de la Fressange, Lagerfeld's muse at the time and also the face of Coco. It was around this time that I was dared to enter my first drag pageant ... Miss Gay Legs. On the way to the club a friend asked "what will you call yourself?" Drenched in Coco as I was and poured into the tightest black cocktail dress I could find (I seem to remember ruffles cascading over my right shoulder and lots of tight drapes) I barely gave it a thought and said "Ines ... of course!".

Coco is as hypnotic as it ever was! I am in a rose/wood phase at the moment and happened across a well priced EDP on Ebay. Best purchase of the year!!!

An orchestra of light peach and delicious, heady rose leads to a winding path, softly caressed by moonlight and trailing Jasmine. Dare she find out where it goes? As Coco deepens she becomes sultry and sensuous ... a wanton woman grabbing a trumpet from a player in a dimly lit Jazz club. She kicks off her black suede stiletto's and climbs atop a table ... wet red lips serenading the night with dripping tones.

Ok Ok ... so I have an overactive immagination LOL. Isn't that what fragrance is supposed to do?

OMG. I love Coco.
I put Coco on in the morning, took a shower mid-day, and I still can pick it up on my skin 12 hours later. Unbelievable.

Such a classic, such a winner. The EdP is just a tad OILY, otherwise it would be perfect. Every perfumista must at least sample this once.

No. 19 & Coco are the only 2 Chanels that speak to me. I luv them & own part bottles of each which I bought from a member - I think that's most affordable that way to start with Chanels, and it guarantees authenticity if you trust the seller. In other words, don't get your Chanel on fleabay unless you know what you're doing. *smh*

19 Mar 2011
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Warm Side of Chanel
it's warm elegant and it's a league apart
from the other Chanels. 95% of all Chanel perfume
have a cold metallic aldehyde note, this one doesn't it's warm with the opening of
spicy coriander orange blossoms semi-sweet
mandarin oranges with the predominant note
of juicy peach that which dominates Coco
Chanel with nocturnal jasmine and delicate rose.

Mimose dries the middle note cloves with
it's pungent scent clover with it's earthy greenish note then it become deeper and more resinous with the opening of warm and sweetish amber labdanum petals sandalwood dry with arid
texture tonka bean makes it grounded
and of course civet the animalistic
styling finishes this scent beautifully.

This was made in the 1980's but it has a
austere 1940's elegance in a time when there was Wartime shortages simple tailored elegance broad shoulders ala Joan Crawford clean lines and that what
Chanel wanted simple and elegant nothing
ultra feminine girlie with bright flowers just chic independent womanhood.

A 1980s masterpiece that is still relevant today
This classic and timeless fragrance is jawdroppingly beautiful and complex. I am fortunate to have the edp, and I wouldn't trade that bottle for anything.

It's been said a thousand times, but Coco's gorgeous opening consists of a perfect blend of peach, spice, and rose.

The heart blossoms gradually, with a soft rose note leading the way. The spiciness continues, but shifts to a gentle clove, and is accompanied by the freshness of orange blossom. It is hard to separate the notes here, because they are so brilliantly intertwined, but in time, the rose and mimosa sinuously wind their tendrils into the rich base.

The labdanum in this thick, resiny base contributes to its sweet amber texture. The presence of civet (not overdone!) reminds you that although Coco is masterfully crafted, she remains untamed.

No one should be without Coco.
10.0 7.0/10

Elegance in a bottle
Chanel has had its ups and downs with me over the years, yet the older I become, the more I appreciate their diverse range of classics. Coco was a surprise when I wore it for the first time. It settled on my skin like Coco and I were meant to be.

Clove is the most dominant note in this composition, yet it is presented in a way that is very hard to resist. The scent is almost delicious, like something I'd assume is edible. The white floral accords counteract nicely with the spices I find, providing a rich warmth and a hint of elegance.

All that talk about Coco being a mature scent is a pile of hogwash. I adore it and I'm young and wild as the wind itself. The scent also lasts and lasts. I have been known to sleep the whole night and wake up with Coco still lingering quite strongly on my wrist before my morning shower. With longevity like this it deserves to be commended.

The drydown was absolutely divine on my skin with a beautiful blend of rich vanilla, making this fragrance's composition the result of a very talented and masterful perfumer.

Not a Chanel Fan
Coco has attitude! She is like one of those people that dont break the rules, but they are so close to doing so that it drives you crazy!

When I put her on in the morning she attacked me several times, hitting me with notes coming out of nowhere for several hours. This abuse continued till she got tired and settled into the typical Chanel notes grumbling in the corner for the rest of the day.

Sillage: Great
Longevity: 8hr+

Catarina 102 days ago
Coco is a scent of a unique flair all throughout the fragrance evolution. It is opulent, exquisite and full of a captivating personality.+3
Carlitos01 12 months ago
Coco is an oriental delight and one of the most alluring scents used by my wife. It's better and less expensive than a marriage counselor.+7
Jazzy76 13 months ago
Cherchez la femme! This is a very classy concentrate of seduction and charm : spicy, warm, a little bitter. a femme fatale's scent.I love it+1
Lillibet 19 months ago
A beautifully balanced yet still lush, spicy, fruity oriental. Less about single notes or spices. More a rich warming golden wrap. Lovely.+1

by IrisNobile
.... eine kleine Hommage ....
by Hexana
by Hexana
traumhaft schön...diese COCO
Bist Gold wert...
Faszination Coco N°1
Faszination Coco N°2
by Zora
by Zora
Wundervolle Coco – letztes Dezemberlaub der Spiraea vanhouttei (Merci, liebes Schwälbchen)
by Heavenly85
by Stardust
by Stardust
by AndyCandy
by AndyCandy
...... die große berühmte Dame .......
by HsChen
by Hufing
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel