Coco 1984Eau de Toilette

Top 13 in Women's Perfume
Coco (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1984. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Submitted by Auenduft, last update on 13.09.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coco (Parfum) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Cambon
Love on the... uh... hundredth glimpse?
COCO and I weren't friends, we weren't even acquaintances. no! I couldn't stand COCO, I avoided COCO! Disregarded and ignored COCO!

COCO was Perfuma Non Grata !!!

I've been using and wearing perfume since I was 14. The first perfume I ever owned was Hypnotism by Lancome. A sweet scent of the 2000's and joined by some "modern," mainstream Gucci by Gucci's, Aliens and Hypnotic Poisons.

In my teenage years up until my early 20s, I was the classic "I wear what's in," chick.

Often and with pleasure I sniffed my way through the
Douglas through the shelves at Chanel too... but there wasn't much I liked... ...too old-fashioned about Omahaaft... chance and coco mademoiselle were still going, but the rest... OMAAAA.

One day, when I was 17 or 18, I met COCO... A saleswoman sprayed it on a test strip and I smelled it and shouted:, Pfuiiiii TEUFEL ! Who would buy this?!?!,,,

This "grandma smell,,, burned itself so negatively in the Mark me that I already only if I saw the bottle cursed and scolded.

BIS !!!! BEFORE !!! SHORT !!!!!

Now I'm 27 and moving towards 30... but for whatever reason, my taste in perfume has changed dramatically since then.

Years of abuse of mainstream sugar and vanilla bombs have caused a change in me... i became a woman!

Yes, I have matured!

Today I appreciate the complexity and moral values of a classic... Fragrances like Jean Patou's Joy and Teint de Neige are now in my collection. Encre Noir pour Elle, Faith by Amouge, Coromandel and Jersey... all the "granny scents" I blasphemed about are now my daily companions.

The smell of a lady says a lot about her... at that time it was important to me that others like my smell! But today I wear what I like ! For every day and every mood I have the right scent !

But now back to COCO... and why I'm dedicating a commentary to him, of all people.

Last year, I saw my favorite YouTube vloggerin in a ,,room tour,, video a bottle of COCO stand . she told me the scent reminds her of her childhood and she loves it. Hmmmm well, good for her I thought... it excited me but the memory of COCO was burned into me like the scarlet letter.

Well then again another youtuberin Jamie Chua a stone-rich asian lady with hermes birkins and diamonds... told in her video how much she loves COCO and that for her it is the fragrance of her youth.

Well, that can't be true, I thought this woman has access to the most exclusive fragrances in the world and it says COCO?

Due to my job I travelled a lot and was constantly on the road at airports, and like every good junky I loved to be in the Duty Free.

Only when the whole plane was puffing and coughing was I satisfied.

So it happened then in Zurich that I sprayed COCO edt on the hand on the advice of the YouTuberinnen. yes mhhh ok yes it smells somehow really good mhhh ok... but I didn't dare to spray it completely on myself just on the hand.

I caught myself the whole flight and the taxi drives to the hotel smelling my hand and I liked the smell...

The game of spraying and smelling went on for weeks... i liked it from time to time better and better at some point I sprayed it on myself, and I loved it I changed there between edt and edp.

I liked the edt better in the end.
I don't know why but the lightness of the edt brought out the chords and nuances much better than the rather heavy edp. But that is a matter of taste
Well, somehow my disgust and later curiosity developed into an obsession no an addiction and I started to think only about COCO... i got so lost in coco that i had to have it for EVERY PRICE !

Without mercy 100ml edt bought and since then I spray 2 bottles empty every month.

The COCO edt by Chanel is for me the ultimate fragrance for every occasion. COCO is elegant and clean, feminine and a touch of eroticism.

In the beginning coco is very flowery i smell the classic roses and the touch of iris a bit sweet and soapy but pleasant. Clean ! A bit like fresh laundry.

It takes some time until the erotic incense comes out and COCO shows his erotic side mixed with patchouli the first soapy COCO turns into an oriental aphrodisiac and gives me everything I wish for a fragrance.

COCO is my new signature fragrance and I feel confident, elegant, clean, feminine and sexy when I wear it.

A classic that brings out the elegance of a woman and nothing is sexier than elegance.

I personally feel that the edt is more appropriate for my age. The lightness seems more harmonious and timeless to me. The edp I will eventually put on but I prefer the sillage of the edt sometimes less is more and I find the bottle very pretty and very Chanel.
Scent of my childhood
If I had to describe a fragrance in colours, this fragrance would be beige for me. So warm and elegant, light and heavy at the same time. The fragrance accompanied me my whole childhood and is connected with many great memories. At that time my mother got this scent for my birth and since then it is a "heirloom" in our family.

The fragrance starts out wonderfully oriental and develops so cuddly softly over the course of time. Even with the EDT a few sprayers are enough to be wrapped in a cozy warmth all day long. This fragrance is for me the epitome of a classic, elegant woman. Besides a few other fresh scents (like Jour d'hermes absolu) this EDT is a "Rich Women" scent, very feminine, sexy and chic.

Coco has also arrived in my generation, but I still find him too mature in me, with my fresh 26 years. This wonderful fragrance is more for mature women, not for teenagers
Coco, my classic
Coco (EdT) is one of those fragrances that have been with me for a long time. Sometime in the 80's I discovered him for myself. Since then - if he left me at short notice - he has moved in with me again and again.

Admittedly, I used it more often at the time, it was something like an early signature. In the meantime it is THE classic night scent for me, reserved for very special occasions. For me he combines perfectly and unmistakably the warmth and heaviness of his oriental notes with his impressive floral scents. For me, he is the one of all "classical Orientals" from that time with whom I still feel comfortable today. All the others (opium, must etc.) are now much too violent for me. With Coco it's different, Coco never gets loud, I can still wear Coco well today and always feel good.

Coco starts with me right away with his typical flowery-oriental note. Nevertheless, he remains very pleasant in his unmistakable manner and never becomes intrusive. Eben Chanel.

For me, it is the epitome of a sophisticated classic fragrance that will never go out of fashion and will always have a place of honour with me
I feel comfortable in...COCO - a comparison EdT/EdP
My coco. Eau de Parfum has accompanied me for a long time in good and bad times and even if I find it difficult to use it sparingly, this fragrance in the EdP version requires unconditional caution when applying it. All too often it has happened to my nose, which has long been used to this wonderful substance, that I used too much of it. 4 sprayers... WUSCHHHHHH...and even if I love him, the approaching armies of spices overrun me, balsamic honey drips out of every pore and I get between all fronts in the Rose War.
That's why the Eau de Toilette had to come here now and it keeps what the occurrences promise, since the descriptions of you committed perfumers gave me this idea at all.
Shortly after the application I notice a very beautiful fruitiness at the EdT. Not quite as liqueurishly palatable as with EdP, but lighter, somehow airier. The EdT is also pleasantly reduced in the seasoning. The honey is integrated in a wonderfully luxuriant flower bouquet and thus the EdT radiates feminine spicy warmth without exaggerating. The silage of the EdT is pleasantly close to the body (0.5 - 1 m) and the durability of my skin can be compared to that of the EdP (10+ hours). There is nothing that pricks, scratches or falls out of the frame in the nose. Chapeau, Chapeau!!! - because the Eau de Toilette has passed the everyday test with flying colours. It lures with sensual spices, a love-drunk rose and a dreamlike base (I hear a kitten purring...), is pleasantly silky in texture and airier than the EdP. This lightness regenerates the fragrance, gives it youthfulness and makes it extremely attractive for future generations. The bottle is easy to handle and simply "chaneleuse" in its simple elegance.

The eau de parfum is for me the scent for the evening, to go out. Opulent, sensual, sexy - pure femininity is celebrated here.

For me, both versions have found a firm place in the collection. Thank you, Chanel.

Emotion in a bottle!
I absolutely love this one! A warm, spicy, sensual oriental. I love how this smells. In fact I actually think this is unisex. Cloves, Spices, Amber, dark resins, creamy sandalwood, I can see this totally working on a man. I also see this much in the same way that I would something by Serge Lutens (whose perfumes are very rich and heady and are inspired by Morocco).

The fragrance itself opens up to me with a blast of cloves, I also get a type of orange blossom smell, and peach or plum (dried fruit accord). I also detect Jasmine, and Jasmine is actually my favorite smell. There is also some prominent rose, but the base is where it all happens; resins, amber, vanilla and tonka, dry sandalwood... it's all there, and it's very very evocative!

I've heard that Jacues Polge wanted to evoke Venice with this perfume (just as Shalimar was inspired by India and Opium by the Middle East and Southeast Asia etc.), and I can totally see Venice in this. Italian, Baroque and also Oriental, with spices and rich, warm sensuality. Jaques Polge himself would later refine the spices (along with more wood, leather and tobacco) to create his eventual masterpiece "Egoïste" released 6 years after Coco.

I remember trying the female Opium EDP and I think this is a lot more wearable for those who couldn't wear that. It's Chanel, and a Chanel is never too loud, it knows just when to stop and hold you there, without being too loud or overpowering. In fact to my nose Coco is like a spicy, exotic, oriental version of No. 5; and just like No. 5, it makes a statement. It's grown up, it's mature, but also sensual and in-control. It's for someone who knows a little about life and is experienced both in mind and body. Someone who isn't afraid to be who they are, instead they celebrate it.

I don't know if that description helps, but that's what Coco brings across to me. Warm, sensual, passionate, loving and even a little amount of danger at the edges. It takes guts to wear this, but it's totally worth it. Pure Emotion in a bottle.
2.5

Deep look of the queen
This deep, special purple fragrance casts a spice bomb in your face. Then its staring at you with slow pleasure, looks on your stupor with sensual smile.

COCO EDT was created definitely for women. It is sweet, dangerous, tipical night-scent, and can be compared only to Poison or Opium in complexity. After obtaining you, it is calming down a bit, jasmine and cold cream are clouding, later on clean soapyness, and at the end – as coronation of the queen – spices unfold and reign.

Endurance: more than 7 hours on my skin. Sillage: no complaints.

Cozy EdT
I don't know why, but the EdP version doesn't jive with me. The EdT, on the other hand, is like my dream spicy perfume. Not too spicy like Opium (which is beautiful but a bit much for me), but soft spices, sort of like peaches poached in brandy and cloves. It's this golden amber ambrosia kind of scent. I think the EdT is softer, muskier, and more powdery than the EdP. And for a "less concentrated" perfume, it's awfully potent, lasting many enjoyable hours.

I find it difficult to wear strong spices during the day. The EdT is my perfect spicy perfume because I think it's so casual that I could easily wear it day or night. Beautiful.

Summary: Spiced liquid gold

by Pistazieneis
by NikkRouse10
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel