Coco Mademoiselle (2001) Eau de Parfum

Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Orange, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Mimosa, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.12.2019.

Childhood dream
My love for perfume started early ... I was 10.11 years old when I was with my mom at Douglas she was looking for a fragrance and I lingered around and looked at me everything (without spraying anything on) my mom said I might choose me a hand cream or a key ring if I want but no perfume I would be too young. I took a hand cream she was from hello kitty well I didn't really care. So we were at the cash register my mama got countless samples. The Douglas bag was at the top and I looked in and while I was doing that and the bag with the hand held out a lot of a card. I picked it up and in the middle was a sample from Coco Mademoiselle (I wasn't allowed to use perfume) I put the sample in my backpack hoping she wouldn't notice anything missing. My mom didn't notice it either she had so many rehearsals she probably didn't even know what exactly was there. I knew of course I can't just spray myself with it to test it that she would notice immediately so I decided to test it before I went into the bathtub because I thought yes ok you testes it quickly and then you go bathing yes and no one notices it :D thought wrong. I sprayed myself and thought WOW (of course this is not a scent for a child or for a teenager but the scent woke something in me and that already as a child to this day I am in love with this scent) anyhow I went to bathe afterwards and when I was finished I still smelled this scent it was not at all off which did not bother me only I knew when mama smells it... so it was when she came into the bathroom and said "What's that smell? That's not shower gel or shampoo?! I told her I got a sample and really wanted to test it. She didn't give me any trouble but told me klipp and clearly that I am just too young and for such a fragrance anyway. She promised me I would buy me a bodyspray and that she would give me this fragrance when I'm a little older. So it was then also when I became 14 stood the 100ml bottle coco Mademoiselle on the table and the bottle held me 2 years .
10.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

cool elegance
When stars like Keira Knightley or Kirsten Dunst became advertising faces for fragrances, I went to the testers and was lucky most of the time. I didn't dare approach this one when I was 27, because I liked it very much in the shop. Already now and he suits me happily and keeps the promised bliss. As many have already said here, it lasts incredibly long, develops more and more interestingly and suits me very well. Cool, flowery, very finely tuned and noble. I like to wear the Dupe in everyday life because it is sometimes too intense for the shop and I smell it more often during the day because the D is right next door. I've met women of all ages before and always find it exciting who wears it and what charisma it has
8.0 5.0 5.0 4.5/10

GirlofNow
Don't understand all the hype...
I can imagine very well right now that many will hate me for, this text or even worse something else... Since I'm 90% sure that many of you love this fragrance. Nevertheless I have to get rid of my opinion about this fragrance somehow:))) And on Parfumo you are just right when it comes to perfume;))) + the opinion about the fragrance itself. I admit that I was really looking forward to testing Chanel fragrances, as it is very hard to find Chanel in a perfumery itself except of course in Douglas. And since I have to admit that I don't feel like taking the train for a long time just to find a Douglas in Switzerland (especially near me) I ordered samples of some well-known Chanel fragrances. I was looking forward to Coco Mademoiselle most of all because this fragrance has been so hyped lately as well as by (almost) every perfume/scent Youtuber. I must confess unfortunately that this smell has hit me everything but from the stool!

Let's get to the fragrance description itself: I sprayed it on my wrist first of all because I was most interested in the development and course on my skin itself than on a test strip. I sprayed it on my wrist and gave the fragrance 2min. so it could develop, I was mega excited because I was not yet sure if I will like it exactly. When I smelled carefully on my wrist I noticed a very aggressive citric note which unfortunately remained the same over the whole course of the scent...:( A few minutes later also flowery notes came into play which unfortunately did not make the scent any softer or fresher let alone better, my wrist smelled very strongly of disinfectants which I don't like at all! ( I don't know if it was the citric note or the flowery one. I also don't want to mock this scent or to present it badly or badly, because it can be that it does very well with others and smells differently and with me just well... with me on the skin the H+S was very weak as I think! That was about 5.hours depending on the dosage, especially because the Chanel fragrances are also mega expensive. I couldn't smell anything but citric and floral notes, because the notes stood out the most and the strongest... I also tested this fragrance on my mother to see if I was the only one who perceived this perfume so badly. I couldn't see a single wow effect on her either. The only thing I heard from her was what it was because it smelled like cleaning fluid on her skin. To be honest I'm slightly relieved that I wasn't the only one with a funny or bad nose. As already said it can be that it smells with you elsewhere or even great but I personally am of Chanel fragrances no fan at all...:(
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

JetonToni
A prism full of light and elegance.
Today I dedicate my report to Coco Mademoiselle on Chanel. I came into contact with the fragrance back in 2005, when I bought the Haarmist of this fragrance in a small perfumery in my town.

It was like Coco Mademoiselle then, something completely new for me. It smelled noble, full of elegance and radiance. Unfortunately I could not or did not want to spend so much money on a fragrance, and so I decided to use the hairist of this fragrance.

The seller said it was the same fragrance as the eau de parfum and yet there were differences in how I should notice it much later when I tried the fragrance at home.

It smelled way too subtle. One notices what it is supposed to represent, but it flies and disappears much too quickly and my joy is diminished. The Haarmist was used up well and Coco Mademoiselle was forgotten for the first time.

It took me a few years to get back together with Coco Mademoiselle. At that time I lost my heart to her older sister Coco.
Through a winter action I rediscovered Coco Mademoiselle in a fragrance shelf.

One spray and the memory can reopen. Yes, it rekindled. I buy this fragrance in 100ml for just 24 € cheaper, because I had some vouchers of it.
Arriving at home I took another spray and was fascinated.

Tart orange and some citrus notes make the start for a floral note, space. After a while, you smell a teeny note. Almost like chamomile tea.
The base note is fascinating: on the one hand somewhat smoky, on the other hand somewhat rubbery with opoponax and vanilla. By the astringency, the fragrance also reminds of Rush of Gucci.

Coco Mademoiselle is like a kaleidoscope full of light, different tones and colours. Especially the masculine twist is unique and the musk seduces in the base note. The "masculine note" probably comes through the earthy vetiver and is a successful interpretation of an elegant fragrance and is something different when you consider how many sweet gourmand fragrances there are, Coco Mademoiselle stands out from the crowd.

Coco Mademoiselle never gets too sweet, but through the vetiver and the opoponax it gets an interesting contrast. On the other hand, it also smells powdery, pure and clear. This grade was best applied to the Eau de Toilette.
Eau de Parfum also has a balsamic, smoky, rubbery note. Overall, the Eau de Parfum is deeper and more sensual than the Eau
de Toilette, which is very effective in spring and summer because of its freshness and transparency.

Coco Mademoiselle doesn't look much like Miss Dior Cheriè. They only share the fruity note but are quite different.

While Coco Mademoiselle becomes powdery, bitter and rubbery smoky in the course of the fragrance, Miss Dior Cheriè is sweet and floral even after hours.

While Miss Dior Chérie celebrates the lightheartedness of a young woman, Coco Mademoiselle is the serious woman who stands with both legs in life. Coco Mademoiselle is the white pure light, while Miss Dior Chérie represents the exuberance and joy.

I have both scents, and enjoy both each time even if they are different.

Coco Mademoiselle lasts up to 12 hours and also the sillage is intense. My version is the vintage version.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

to fall in love with!!
I dare to make my first comment on a woman's perfume. C'est la Mademoiselle du Coco Chanel. Source élégance, source érotisme! Je t'aime!

It is well known that fragrances can be associated with strong memories and associations. It's the same with this one, too. I know the scent through a young, beautiful lady who really means a lot to me and this although we haven't known each other for long. The interesting thing? She never wore the scent before when we met. So how did I figure that? At a meeting we talked about scents and she mentioned the young lady from Chanel and that she likes him very much at the moment. I, who obviously can't stop to swarm and perfume for this girlfriend, had to smell the scent she likes so much.

Still on holiday in Italy I went to a professional gym and gave two generous splashes on the test strip. Just like her, was it love at first sight or "nose"? The bottle looks great and elegant! The mademoiselle starts citrine and fresh for me. But shortly afterwards the floral notes join in. For me it is a very feminine, attractive and delicious fragrance. It radiates eroticism and elegance. What a mixture.

Although the young lady has never worn it at a meeting before, I got 3 test strips in these two weeks to smell it again and again and imagine how she would smell with it. I'd probably chase her to the ends of the earth with that smell on her. D Instead I sit in the office and smell it repeatedly and don't think about the values Coco.

The shelf life (on the test strip is ingenious) and held days on the first! Unfortunately I can't judge the Sillage very well, but I had a stripe in the breast pocket of my suit and had to worry I smell like Mademoiselle because he exuded so much eroticism and elegance.

A beautiful women's fragrance to fall in love with.

Cooco Mademoiselle.. the first fruitchouli
I bought Coco Mademoiselle the day it launched. It was the richest amazing fruitchouli I had ever experienced. As a young girl in my 20s it was perfect. It still wears well on me today garnering compliments. I have to giggle at those that complain CM is too strong now...its feels thin and light to me..compared to the first unreformulated richer bottle. Still worth having in your collection.

~ Mainstream Masterpiece ~
As one of those warm and fuzzy romantic reviewers its all about what mental/emotional image does this one evoke? And while my words will be useless in deciding to buy, try or pass this is how one man's nose enjoys coco m. A captivating, elegant, pleasant people pleaser scent with very youthful citrusy/floral top notes that surely will get many compliments! I would say much like Bleu de Chanel for men this is as equally versatile for casual wear up to even formal events thanks to the dry down of rose and musk. And also like Bleu this would make a great transition Chanel from "other" young women scents to more slightly darker sophisticated perfumes. At the risk of getting the dreaded rolled eyes coco m simply gives me the mental image of the sparkling newness of love and infatuation all formulated in one pretty in pink bottle by the master blender Polge!
7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Solid And Staid As A Log Cabin In The Woods
Powder, that was my first thought. And then tonka beans or maybe opoponax. The scent is absolutely divine. It seems you can never go wrong with a Chanel. Hell, I was raised on them. But I had other ideas as a teen. I became an independent. A hippie. I believed in free will, free-thinking and free spirits. Which is probably why I am such a firm believer in addressing all levels of perfumes. I've met women from so many places who, in their lives, can only dream of owning a bottle of Chanel. Those of us who do, should greatly appreciate what we have before us. But always understand there are perfumes greater than this and perfumes lesser than this house, also. It is only a commodity in the wide world of fragrances. It is only a name, and should never be judged solely by that.
Sweet florals knock on the door to say hello and ask to visit, sweet patchouli barges in and stays, all the while powdering her nose, drinking her Chai tea. Where are these ladies? In a dusty cabin in the early Spring. A cabin that has yet to cleaned from last Summer's visitors. It's a bit dank in the cabin, the windows haven't been opened for months. It's musty. It's a place they all enjoy and have pleasant memories of and every season brings a different flavor to the structure. Sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, but it's always a roof over their heads. So they keep coming back. These are my images of Coco Mademoiselle.
And yes, Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle will do that to people. Draw you back for visits time and time again. That's what Chanel is about once you reside with these perfumes. You find yourself re-visiting them season-by-season. They're as classic and staid as a log cabin in the woods. They simply belong there. But one doesn't spend all season in that cabin. Just as one shouldn't spend all their time with only one perfume.
Multifariousness is what makes one unique and opens ones eyes to the world. Diversity allows you to see and appreciate minute differences. I haven't met a Chanel I don't appreciate for its variances, but I've also learned to appreciate a less costly perfume made with well intentions because of it.

Lovely
Exotic enough to wear for special evening events, especially something romantic, but otherwise too heavy for my tastes for everyday wear.

I love the staying power of this fragrance. No more than one spritz into the air I walk through and I'm good until morning ;)

I will probably never have to buy another bottle the way I use it, but I wouldn't complain. It's worth every penny.

I love this perfume
I simply love this perfume ... the scent is so magic ... iy is a little bit expansive so i put it when i get out in a great evening only ...
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Young Coco
Chanel No.5 is a classic in its own right: A lady in an elegant dress, pearls and a sexy chignon. Mademoiselle is that same woman, after she let her chignon loose and remembered that she's a sexy 'girl' too underneath all that classy 'Lady'.
I ADORE Chanel Mademoiselle because she shows that classy and fun, elegant and relaxed can be embodied by the same woman (scent).

This masterpiece by the house of Chanel embodies a lot of things: A zest for life is represented by the citrus notes that are so well balanced with the elegant florals. A silage that is enchanting everyone who gets near me, and a longevity that is astounding.
This is one of the few perfumes I also spray on when I am all alone at home and read etc. Smelling my wrists and simply enjoying the wonderful scent. *yum*
To me, this perfume is for all ages and all occasions. It's a happy and 'feel-good' scent! Enjoy! : )

Scent of Freedom
Coco Mademoiselle is a scent of Freedom for me. Kids was quite small those days I lived with a person who loved just to be king with huge will of owning. I managed to to to meeting with other beauty consultants to other city and I was wearing this scent. I felt for a first time that freedom of spirit and met huge many same spirited people. This scent reminds me always about freedom of every spirit and soul. *Hugs*
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Chanel no 5's Younger Sister
The Litchi dominates this perfume at first but then the grapefruit and vanilla shows up in the nose detector
it's why fruitier then no 5 and way
younger it can be heavy at times and it will give you a headache but it's a nice perfume. when you think of who's
going to be the face for chanel but for me keira kightley whould be the least
thing to be popped out of my mind if i was the casting director for this perfume.
she does'nt fit in this advidtisment
i'll think of more like audrey tatou
is the perfect choice for chanel products because audrey has more of a chic bookish parisian sopistacation then kiera but neitherless
it's a fine perfume just don't spray to much.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Classic chypre floral
This is quite an interesting fragrance from Chanel. It's actually very confusing to my nose. When I initially smelt this, it was strong and quite citrusy, but when I breathed out and the smell settled with my nose, it became powdery and soft.

It is quite a delightful little scent. I would imagine it to be popular amongst the younger crowd, and this is further reflected by Chanel's choice of Keira Knightly as the face of Coco Mademoiselle. The scent itself is very refined and elegant. Coco Mademoiselle is the definition of a woman that knows what she wants and understands the meaning of class and sophistication.

The EDP lasts considerably longer than the EDT, which is to be expected. This fragrance settles nicely on the skin, yet it is to be used only in small amounts because it tends to be overpowering at times.

Louis XlV, Lustgarten
1,5 ml micro-bottle
1,5ml Miniatur
by BlueValkyrie
Alle Mann an Deck - wir passieren Kap Hoorn!
by beneo
by Arlufkin
by Lilau
by Lilau

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel