Coco Mademoiselle (2001)Eau de Parfum

Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Orange, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Mimosa, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.07.2020.

A young love
When I think back, I see myself. New and inexperienced in the great world of fragrances. But Coco was one of the first I smelled. After a long time of thinking, buy or not buy and after a bumpy start with the predecessor La vie est belle en rosé, I dared to take the step.
In my opinion, a fragrance that gently envelops you and is not intrusive, but remains in your memory. A fragrance that smells honest, seductive and floral, but not in an obtrusive sense. A fragrance for young women who walk through life with confidence. And who can also be happy when one or the other nose turns to them. :-)
Miss Coco
Today I would like to write something about Coco Mademoiselle EdP from Chanel.
Coco Mademoiselle was not my first fragrance from Chanel, which was of course N°5, as EdP.
At some point Coco Mademoiselle was added as a blind purchase in an almost full 35ml Edp bottle I don't know the EdT of it yet.

With Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel has tried to create a modern fragrance for young ladies to appeal to a younger clientele. N°5 or N°19 are not very popular with young ladies, it takes a certain maturity to appreciate these fragrances. When I brought N° 5 into my collection I was 37 and N°19 came a little later Finally, Coco Mademoiselle was allowed to move in with me.
The Mademoiselle is a cheerful and young scent. But of course "older" ladies may also wear this fragrance. I don't think much of age restrictions on scents. Old-young male-female-female, everyone should wear what they please, and for themselves. A fragrance should please my nose and contribute to my well-being and not someone else's. This had to be said, because many people wear scents to impress others
Enough beat around the bush, back to Coco Mademoiselle:
The fragrance begins with a little bergamot and sweet tangerines. Orange blossoms add some powdery notes.
Soon the flowery heart shows up with sweet jasmine and beguiling ylang-ylang, rose I perceive less here.
The base is pleasing with white musk and some vanilla. Patchouli is only discreetly present here, but I still smell delicate tangerine. I like that quite well that the tangerine here proves to be so long-lasting.
The fragrance is floral and sweet, but not too sweet and never looks cheap. A noble Chanel for the young lady with class so to speak.

My bottle has a rectangular shape with a golden neck and white cap. The inscription of the name is on an icy background on the otherwise transparent flacon with apricot-coloured liquid.
With Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel has succeeded in creating a fragrance for the younger (and not-so-young) consumer to stay in the market.
Let's call it a day
Dear Coco M.,

it's very hard for me, but I'm breaking up with you!

I won't beat around the bush, but I no longer love you, can't perceive you
You know I cheated on you, and not just once. Yet you forgave me again and again. I was ashamed and set out into a perfect world, but our love can't be mended like the crack in the vase that is always visible!

When I met you in spring many years ago, you were full of charm, a little, cheeky oriental! I was in love You did not really fit to me at all, so racy and different, not to be compared with anything before! With your dark glowing eyes you were pure seduction. I wish your admirers of today would meet you the way you first met me...you were my number 1.

Hot-blooded and unmistakable, you haven't adapted. Today you look like you're easy... want to please everybody, just be good.

We had spent days and nights together, shared our most intimate moments together...you never got tired and never bored me...we used to go out a lot in the past, today I don't even want to go shopping with you.

Now you come up with thin excuses, let yourself go, seem harsh and bitter...a watery imitation of yourself. Where are the great times of yore? Times are changing, I guess.

We've been meaning to break up before... I thought you were hiding something from me
From the outside everything was ok, but inside it was bubbling. You can't fool me... it's not you anymore! Where is your bewitching Jasmine? No flowery opulence! With the Tonka Bean you didn't play dress-up before either, and still you've gone one better, I'm disappointed. No seductive vanilla, all you say is blah, blah, blah! I'm not sure we'll see each other again!

I know I hurt you, but stop clinging, life goes on! You're a big girl! Maybe we can still be friends...
The One
On a warm June night, a young woman in a peach-coloured dress stands on a roof terrace - a glass of Bellini in her hand, a handsome man on her arm, the master plan for life in her mind. She's confident, mysterious, beautiful. A small gust of wind goes through her hair and you can perceive her scent. She is wearing - how could it be otherwise - Coco Mademoiselle. If there is one perfect scent for me, it is Coco mademoiselle. First a fresh and fruity tingling start, which quickly becomes incredibly feminine and flowery. For an endlessly long time it still envelops me with its light vanilla creaminess, like a soft cashmere blanket. Insanely elegant, but at the same time young and fresh. Feminine, sensual, flowery, delicious. Wear it on really all occasions - whether it's a unit day, date, family dinner or evening event. Although it is apparently so popular and widespread, I am always being asked what a great scent it is! I have never received so many compliments for anyone else, even though it is not really important to me anyway. I wear a fragrance because it makes me feel good, makes me happy when I sniff it during the day and I can identify with it. And this is definitely the case with CM
Childhood dream
My love for perfume started early ... I was 10.11 years old when I was with my mom at Douglas she was looking for a fragrance and I lingered around and looked at me everything (without spraying anything on) my mom said I might choose me a hand cream or a key ring if I want but no perfume I would be too young. I took a hand cream she was from hello kitty well I didn't really care. So we were at the cash register my mama got countless samples. The Douglas bag was at the top and I looked in and while I was doing that and the bag with the hand held out a lot of a card. I picked it up and in the middle was a sample from Coco Mademoiselle (I wasn't allowed to use perfume) I put the sample in my backpack hoping she wouldn't notice anything missing. My mom didn't notice it either she had so many rehearsals she probably didn't even know what exactly was there. I knew of course I can't just spray myself with it to test it that she would notice immediately so I decided to test it before I went into the bathtub because I thought yes ok you testes it quickly and then you go bathing yes and no one notices it :D thought wrong. I sprayed myself and thought WOW (of course this is not a scent for a child or for a teenager but the scent woke something in me and that already as a child to this day I am in love with this scent) anyhow I went to bathe afterwards and when I was finished I still smelled this scent it was not at all off which did not bother me only I knew when mama smells it... so it was when she came into the bathroom and said "What's that smell? That's not shower gel or shampoo?! I told her I got a sample and really wanted to test it. She didn't give me any trouble but told me klipp and clearly that I am just too young and for such a fragrance anyway. She promised me I would buy me a bodyspray and that she would give me this fragrance when I'm a little older. So it was then also when I became 14 stood the 100ml bottle coco Mademoiselle on the table and the bottle held me 2 years .
cool elegance
When stars like Keira Knightley or Kirsten Dunst became advertising faces for fragrances, I went to the testers and was lucky most of the time. I didn't dare approach this one when I was 27, because I liked it very much in the shop. Already now and he suits me happily and keeps the promised bliss. As many have already said here, it lasts incredibly long, develops more and more interestingly and suits me very well. Cool, flowery, very finely tuned and noble. I like to wear the Dupe in everyday life because it is sometimes too intense for the shop and I smell it more often during the day because the D is right next door. I've met women of all ages before and always find it exciting who wears it and what charisma it has
4.5
GirlofNow
Don't understand all the hype...
I can imagine very well right now that many will hate me for, this text or even worse something else... Since I'm 90% sure that many of you love this fragrance. Nevertheless I have to get rid of my opinion about this fragrance somehow:))) And on Parfumo you are just right when it comes to perfume;))) + the opinion about the fragrance itself. I admit that I was really looking forward to testing Chanel fragrances, as it is very hard to find Chanel in a perfumery itself except of course in Douglas. And since I have to admit that I don't feel like taking the train for a long time just to find a Douglas in Switzerland (especially near me) I ordered samples of some well-known Chanel fragrances. I was looking forward to Coco Mademoiselle most of all because this fragrance has been so hyped lately as well as by (almost) every perfume/scent Youtuber. I must confess unfortunately that this smell has hit me everything but from the stool!

Let's get to the fragrance description itself: I sprayed it on my wrist first of all because I was most interested in the development and course on my skin itself than on a test strip. I sprayed it on my wrist and gave the fragrance 2min. so it could develop, I was mega excited because I was not yet sure if I will like it exactly. When I smelled carefully on my wrist I noticed a very aggressive citric note which unfortunately remained the same over the whole course of the scent...:( A few minutes later also flowery notes came into play which unfortunately did not make the scent any softer or fresher let alone better, my wrist smelled very strongly of disinfectants which I don't like at all! ( I don't know if it was the citric note or the flowery one. I also don't want to mock this scent or to present it badly or badly, because it can be that it does very well with others and smells differently and with me just well... with me on the skin the H+S was very weak as I think! That was about 5.hours depending on the dosage, especially because the Chanel fragrances are also mega expensive. I couldn't smell anything but citric and floral notes, because the notes stood out the most and the strongest... I also tested this fragrance on my mother to see if I was the only one who perceived this perfume so badly. I couldn't see a single wow effect on her either. The only thing I heard from her was what it was because it smelled like cleaning fluid on her skin. To be honest I'm slightly relieved that I wasn't the only one with a funny or bad nose. As already said it can be that it smells with you elsewhere or even great but I personally am of Chanel fragrances no fan at all...:(
to fall in love with!!
I dare to make my first comment on a woman's perfume. C'est la Mademoiselle du Coco Chanel. Source élégance, source érotisme! Je t'aime!

It is well known that fragrances can be associated with strong memories and associations. It's the same with this one, too. I know the scent through a young, beautiful lady who really means a lot to me and this although we haven't known each other for long. The interesting thing? She never wore the scent before when we met. So how did I figure that? At a meeting we talked about scents and she mentioned the young lady from Chanel and that she likes him very much at the moment. I, who obviously can't stop to swarm and perfume for this girlfriend, had to smell the scent she likes so much.

Still on holiday in Italy I went to a professional gym and gave two generous splashes on the test strip. Just like her, was it love at first sight or "nose"? The bottle looks great and elegant! The mademoiselle starts citrine and fresh for me. But shortly afterwards the floral notes join in. For me it is a very feminine, attractive and delicious fragrance. It radiates eroticism and elegance. What a mixture.

Although the young lady has never worn it at a meeting before, I got 3 test strips in these two weeks to smell it again and again and imagine how she would smell with it. I'd probably chase her to the ends of the earth with that smell on her. D Instead I sit in the office and smell it repeatedly and don't think about the values Coco.

The shelf life (on the test strip is ingenious) and held days on the first! Unfortunately I can't judge the Sillage very well, but I had a stripe in the breast pocket of my suit and had to worry I smell like Mademoiselle because he exuded so much eroticism and elegance.

A beautiful women's fragrance to fall in love with.

Cooco Mademoiselle.. the first fruitchouli
I bought Coco Mademoiselle the day it launched. It was the richest amazing fruitchouli I had ever experienced. As a young girl in my 20s it was perfect. It still wears well on me today garnering compliments. I have to giggle at those that complain CM is too strong now...its feels thin and light to me..compared to the first unreformulated richer bottle. Still worth having in your collection.

~ Mainstream Masterpiece ~
As one of those warm and fuzzy romantic reviewers its all about what mental/emotional image does this one evoke? And while my words will be useless in deciding to buy, try or pass this is how one man's nose enjoys coco m. A captivating, elegant, pleasant people pleaser scent with very youthful citrusy/floral top notes that surely will get many compliments! I would say much like Bleu de Chanel for men this is as equally versatile for casual wear up to even formal events thanks to the dry down of rose and musk. And also like Bleu this would make a great transition Chanel from "other" young women scents to more slightly darker sophisticated perfumes. At the risk of getting the dreaded rolled eyes coco m simply gives me the mental image of the sparkling newness of love and infatuation all formulated in one pretty in pink bottle by the master blender Polge!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 148 days ago
Soft, clean, discrete, classy and very feminine, it's the younger Coco's face.Perfect as daily scent mainly in the good season. I love it!

Louis XlV, Lustgarten
1,5 ml micro-bottle
1,5ml Miniatur
by BlueValkyrie
Alle Mann an Deck - wir passieren Kap Hoorn!
by Lipstick0n
by Arlufkin
by Lilau
by Lilau

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel